Game-Labs Forum

Fresh Start – Wipe information for War and Peace servers.

59 minutes ago, Zlatkowar said:

Gold ships, although they are now worthless since we can't get port boni on PvE for the time being.

The hatred towards PvP players mostly comes from your PvP Forum Warriors who know best what is good or not for the PvE crowd. But you are right, toxicity is contagious, and that's why we'd rather stay away from your server.

How are gold ships worthless?  Your still fighting the same AI we all fought before port bonus.  The only folks that fight against port bonus ships are PvP players.   Yes you can say elite ships might be port bonus, but wasn't EPIC missions also done with the same ships we used before port bonus too?

The other day Iogged into PvE and someone was instantly toxic towards me.  All I did was answer a simple question and agreed they gave ya'll way to few cannons cause 10-15 won't fit on any ship that took them.  I'm sorry I seen just as much toxicity from PvE guys on here any time you make any suggestions good or bad.  I played on PvE off and on with my Spanish (second account) since I bought him.  Until recently it honestly was nothing really to do over there, so getting more content and missions is always a good thing.  That is why I suggest doing map resets and let ya'll capture ports and get to craft port bonus for 3 months and than have map rest.  You don't loose anything as you just have to capture the port right back.  Every time we try to suggest things that would help we get so much back lash from the few PvE Forum Warriors that don't seem to want a change or better server.

38 minutes ago, JG14_Cuzn said:

It’s a ridiculous waste of resources ( 1 programmer) to run both a PVP AND a PVE server.  

The population on both are so low they need to be merged to even consider NA being viable post release.

This has always been the reason I loved the suggestion of turning the Gulf of Mexico into a PvE zone and have French and Spain be PvE/PvP nations and than have the rest of the map PvP.   One server means combine content for all.  Most games do it like this with PvE and PvP zones.   Maybe could even work US and GB into that with some of the ports given to them in the GoM.   

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 4

48 minutes ago, JG14_Cuzn said:

The population on both are so low they need to be merged to even consider NA being viable post release

If you force PvP'rs onto a small portion of the Peace server the population will likely decrease.

21 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

Do PVP'rs go into the Gulf?  I don't.  I've always thought the Gulf would be ideal for PVE only. 

I know of a few in the EU timezone that go over and harass the Russians/Prussians. 

That being said who knows how the gulf will look after the release. if no PvPers go there it must always be a PvE/Trader heaven. Sounds like opportunities for player who like Raiding if you ask me.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Every time we try to suggest things that would help we get so much back lash from the few PvE Forum Warriors that don't seem to want a change or better server.

Every time we make valid, long term benefit PvE oriented suggestions that would help the game overall we get just as much unnecessary back lash from PvP forum warriors. Is there a point trying to prove who started first, or who's the worst?

Your current posts in other sections of the forum just show that you typically don't understand PvE needs, which is specifically what I mentioned above. It is honorable from you to try and understand those needs though.

• Like 7

16 hours ago, Angus MacDuff said:

Do PVP'rs go into the Gulf?  I don't.  I've always thought the Gulf would be ideal for PVE only. 

I'm guessing that you are not a PvE'r.  Its the PvPrs that are content to force PvErs onto a small area of the map.

Edited by Macjimm

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

The other day Iogged into PvE and someone was instantly toxic towards me.  All I did was answer a simple question and agreed they gave ya'll way to few cannons cause 10-15 won't fit on any ship that took them.  I'm sorry I seen just as much toxicity from PvE guys on here any time you make any suggestions good or bad.

You have a small sample size. I played on PvE ever since friends lured me back into NA. I was both online and active in chat for several hours each day for over a month, and a bit less active for another month. PvE gets a lot of new players, and people offer a lot of help. I am mostly a solo player, but when I asked questions or for help with getting rare items people were either extra helpful or neutral. I've had perhaps one bad interaction, and it was due to an actual argument that started in chat - entirely voluntary exchange.

The worst thing I encountered on PvE is the blind hate towards all PvP players, and a few people that opine on how PvP should work without having the necessary experience.

The worst thing I encountered on PvP is the blind hate towards all PvE players, and a few people that opine on how PvE should work without having the necessary experience.

Optimally the servers should be merged, and most PvP in the game should be consensual - with only specific regions of the map allocated for open warfare and ganking.

If I was running two separate servers, the PvE server would have optional PvP port battles and zero-loss duels to introduce players more gradually into that option.

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Zlatkowar said:

Your current posts in other sections of the forum just show that you typically don't understand PvE needs, which is specifically what I mentioned above. It is honorable from you to try and understand those needs though.

You do understand that 90% of this game no matter what server you play on is PvE?  My life on War Server is no diffrent than yours....oh wait except I take a risk of an actual player attacking me and sinking me.....PvE takes no risk unless they engage AI.   Actually I prob know way more about PvE than most do since I been a main crafter and clan leader running very strong production lines that has to do with a lot of crafting, trading and PvE to get things done.   So please don't say what I know or don't know about the game.  I actually play all aspects of the game and not just a small part of one or another.

I mean why else would I have freaking 5 chars on this game if I didn't do it for the PvE and crafting parts of this game to get a head cause you can only fight with 1 or 2 at a time (most I had in battle was three ages ago).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zlatkowar said:

But you are right, toxicity is contagious, and that's why we'd rather stay away from your server.

Aside from wipe discussion, it is a constant on PvE server to see people on global chat saying, if they are ever forced to get integrated into one server with PvP, under what conditions whatsoever, it would mean instant good-bye to Naval Action. Very understandable.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Tenet said:

If I was running two separate servers, the PvE server would have optional PvP port battles and zero-loss duels to introduce players more gradually into that option.

I have said it before elsewhere.

But if the PvE server got optional port battles and duels (heck, make them lose the ship in a duel) - then the PvP server would literally be finished and dead ;P.

I won't force anyone on the PvE server to PvP, but I really wish there were "nicer" and more gradual ways for PvE oriented players to try PvP on their own time. 

The two biggest wishes I have would be:
1. to bring back small/duel battles to the PvP Server
2. to allow PvE players a reason and a "place" in the PvP Server

I know the 2nd one is a lot harder to implement, but it would be miles of improvement.

I love PvE players because they enhance the player market ten-fold, they actually create economies and markets. What I get instead on the PvP server is practically zero markets and only money grubbing opportunists. 

• Like 8

32 minutes ago, Macjimm said:

I'm guessing that you are not a PvE'r.  Its the PvPrs that are content to force PvPrs onto a small area of the map.

I've done the PVE server and found it very much the same, regardless of what part of the map you are on.  We're not talking a small area here.  The Gulf is more than large enough to give a player all the advantages of the entire PVE server. 

1 hour ago, Angus MacDuff said:

I've done the PVE server and found it very much the same, regardless of what part of the map you are on.  We're not talking a small area here.  The Gulf is more than large enough to give a player all the advantages of the entire PVE server. 

The Gulf doesn't have the Antilles, Trinidad, Haiti, Panama, Bermuda, Carolina, etc, etc etc.  I don't know why some people have such a hard time understanding that PVE players don't want to be confined to part of the map.  They want to be able to go everywhere, see everything, have ports wherever they like, fly any flag they please, and not have to deal with azzhats attacking them. 

Edited by Barbancourt
  • Like 4

On 5/31/2019 at 12:40 PM, admin said:

Captains
Here is the final information on the player accounts on the launch of the game.
Estimated launch week - 10-14th June

A final Date would be nice to know. Or wilkl it be Secretly like NInjapatches?

And what About Alliances? Free or Fixed?  Will we be able to ujse allied Ports? Portbonusses?

Edited by Knuddel
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, JoeForKyo said:

"I bet I know more bout PVE than yall do" , look-at-me superiority complex. 

I do not know nor care in the slightest nor write about how or what should be done in PVP, as I know very little to nothing about it. What I, and we all care about, is for us to not be test rats and get the post results of stuff done to your server.

If a solution is to be found, to get a single server (with different chats) and both communities happy, blimey, I'd be all up for it. As it is I just see pvp changes and people talking their asses about something they clearly fail to understand. 

OF COURSE normal npcs do not require an elite ship, but elite fleets of the highest level, I'm afraid do. And you want "end content" (single ship capping), or you settle for your average ultra costly rng-based crafting?

Yep, thought as much.

LOL as for my superiority complex, well I do have over 9K hours in this game, one would think the majority of that was done doing PvE in game, just I do it with a bit more risk than some one on the Peace server.  I really don't get where ya'll think that they are any diffrent.  One server you can fight AI in peace, the other you can fight it with risk of other players.  

As for being test rats, you know that you where never promised a server or PvE only game from the Devs.  They only open a PvE server at the request of a few players that wanted something else.   It was never part of the promise of the game from day one so they didn't have to give you such a place. I think that was a mistake, instead they should of worked on one server with content for all having zones to play inpeace in and zones to fight in.  If any one seems to have a complex it's the PvE guys that think the world revolves around them and they should get every thing easy and free without having to fight hard for it.   

Epic missions where done with old style ships for a long time, so don't get where you need Elite ships to do them.   He'll ya'll get to capture 1st rates over there so you don't even have to craft ships.   Also where have I said ya'll shouldn't have good crafting. Unlike you PvE guys I have made several suggestions in this topic of how to allow ya'll to get port crafting involved in your server. (allow port capture against AI, give ports perm points for crafting in those ports, etc)   What have ya'll suggested other than just complain you can't have ELITE SHIPS?  Lets hear some suggestions from ya'll cause I have yet to see one in this thread or others?

• Like 1

Epic missions where done with old style ships for a long time, so don't get where you need Elite ships to do them.   He'll ya'll get to capture 1st rates over there so you don't even have to craft ships.   Also where have I said ya'll shouldn't have good crafting. Unlike you PvE guys I have made several suggestions in this topic of how to allow ya'll to get port crafting involved in your server. (allow port capture against AI, give ports perm points for crafting in those ports, etc)   What have ya'll suggested other than just complain you can't have ELITE SHIPS?  Lets hear some suggestions from ya'll cause I have yet to see one in this thread or others?

I liked everything except this last part, with which I somewhat disagree.

1. You just argued that there is no difference between the groups, and you know some PvE-only players have offered great suggestions - I saw you liking them in the suggestions forum. You and I also made some suggestions that others found interesting, and we spent a lot of time on both servers. We don't just complain.

Everyone that wants some nostalgia, read through that thread and see how much was done to address the concerns until now, 10 days prior to release.

2. Captured First Rates are almost always garbage. I made a rage-boarding ship to capture these in 10-15 minutes, and have a decent sample size. I have see one Lo/Crew build, and even that is worthless compared to the effort of building a 3/5 Lo/Wo. At best they allow newer players to experiment without feeling bad about sinking. I think you could even justify allowing capturing First Rates on PvP, considering how gimped they are compared to the Port Enhancement Lo/Wo builds.

3. The new AI balance means that their firing angles, penetration, and reload speeds are significantly higher than the average player - so facing them with anything but a Lo/Wo with armor and turning boosts is a waste of time and resource. If you bring a /crew ship, the lack of armor means you have to run and repair more often, dragging fights. If you try to apply Mr. Doran's tactics from A Treatise on Naval Action, you start noticing you don't get the same advantages as you would against a player in a PvP duel. The pace is all wrong. The optimal strategies become about abusing niche AI quirks like the inability to properly trade point-blank broadsides while passing. You try a rake, and find out as you emerge that even at 90 degrees the enemy's broadside penetrates and takes off 2/5 of your armor on a side (from a Lo/Wo Carta build).

Ship collectors like perfection, and like the ability to do crazy feats like defeating an ELITE+1 without repairing, or going 1 vs L'Ocean+9. It''s not as challenging as an organized Port Battle, but it is not trivial and even a lucky Lo/Crew dice roll would not cut it.

I also feel it's fundamentally wrong that these crafting features are missing from the PvE server. There were plenty of options to implement them without "hostility", just put them by default in every port with a high enough price tag, or requiring an Elite PvE drop to upgrade a ship, etc. It's not rocket science.

Edited by Tenet
  • Like 1

As for being test rats, you know that you where never promised a server or PvE only game from the Devs.  They only open a PvE server at the request of a few players that wanted something else.   It was never part of the promise of the game from day one so they didn't have to give you such a place. I think that was a mistake, instead they should of worked on one server with content for all having zones to play inpeace in and zones to fight in.  If any one seems to have a complex it's the PvE guys that think the world revolves around them and they should get every thing easy and free without having to fight hard for it.   

Eso no es cierto, pues en la página oficial te detallaban que existía dos servidores. Ahora la han actualizado y no ponen nada de los servidores, pero te aseguro que cuando fuí a comprar el juego si que estaba lo de los dos servidores...de hecho cuando pensaron cerrar el servidor pve les hice un copia pega de su página oficial. imagino que por eso no lo cerraron...la publicidad engañosa esta penada colega.

Y ya ni me molesto en traducir al ingles......

Estoy harto de todos los que dicen que tienen que cerrar el servidor pve para que vayamos a una zona en el pvp....y por que no es mejor que valláis al server pve vosotros y os quedáis en una zona acotada para hacer pvp?

Edited by Maloco
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Maloco said:

Eso no es cierto, pues en la página oficial te detallaban que existía dos servidores. Ahora la han actualizado y no ponen nada de los servidores, pero te aseguro que cuando fuí a comprar el juego si que estaba lo de los dos servidores...de hecho cuando pensaron cerrar el servidor pve les hice un copia pega de su página oficial. imagino que por eso no lo cerraron...la publicidad engañosa esta penada colega.

Y ya ni me molesto en traducir al ingles......

Estoy harto de todos los que dicen que tienen que cerrar el servidor pve para que vayamos a una zona en el pvp....y por que no es mejor que valláis al server pve vosotros y os quedáis en una zona acotada para hacer pvp?

Here is your google translate:

That is not true, because in the official page you were detailed that there were two servers. Now they have updated it and do not put anything on the servers, but I assure you that when I went to buy the game if it was the two servers ... in fact when they thought to close the server pve I made a copy of their official website . I guess that's why they did not close it ... the deceptive advertising this penny colleague.
And I do not even bother to translate into English ...
I'm sick of all those who say they have to close the server pve so that we go to an area in the pvp .... and why is not it better to valláis the server pve you and you stay in a bounded area to pvp?

• Like 2

Hace 4 minutos, Tenet dijo:

Aquí está su traductor de google:

Te agradezco pero no hacia falta compañero ... el que quiera enterarse que lo traduzca si quiere xd

Edited by Maloco
  • Like 1

Lot's of talking here is off topic, thread is basically about release and connected wipe. The attempts to annihilate PvE peace server have seen many 'suggestion' threads before, don't need to repeat the same crap over and over again.

We from PvE server remind devs of their recent concession to leave our server alone as far as release wipe is concerned. PvP guys made a rage storm when they saw promises fall under the table, so do we now as it happens to us.

Again I ask to let us keep our ships (and materials)...

(blablabla) Erased the rest. What's the use, it's all been said before. I am not here for begging devs to allow me keep my things, I paid money for the game, twice.

• Like 9

34 minutes ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

.... I paid money for the game, twice.

We all did, but i think thats what the Devs dont understand that they are servics provieders. I will report my Expierence with them. I think if we all (which are Pissed Off) just report our expierence the devs maybee understand that they can do this once but they will have Problems to sell there Next Lies...

• Like 2

Have the Devs developed a day certain as to when the wipes will take place?  Know it may be difficult, but wonder if we can reach a day certain?  June 10 thru 14 is like waiting for a service tech on a day with hours 12 noon to 4 p.m.   In the interim, have decided to just port my ships knowing they will  be lost. Also, bid goodbye to the many buildings I invested in and the large number of reals accumulated. Oh well, like many of you, will just wait this out to see what happens. Still I would like to advocate for a time when we could be notified that no more major wipes will  be conducted so that we can continue to feel our time and accomplishments in the game will truly be rewarded.  

Is it possible to get an answer on the introduction of alliances?  It would be helpful for individual players to make plans for the forthcoming release.  i know of a number of players who would change nation due to the nature of the proposed alliances in the poll.  It would be good to know if this is an included item at release and if so what the alliances will look like so that players can plan accordingly.

1 hour ago, John Jellicoe said:

Nobody really online anymore, can we just get on with it?

Interesting, so players are not interested in pure PVP in disposable ships with  no consequences?

who would have guessed :(

• Like 2