Game-Labs Forum

Fresh Start – Wipe information for War and Peace servers.

removing the R zone cause the seal clubbing and i believe that is a mistake all we going to hear for next 6-10 weeks is "been gank when i start playing" "Not play because to much ganking at starting port" they sud  really rethink the R zone and bring it back or you could lose 10-20% of new player comeing to the game. plz plz rethink R zones for the new players and make it were staying in R zone after certain ranks make it pointless every new player sud have a spot to learn the game and not get gank by player looking for cheap easy wins

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Angus MacDuff said:

I'm really hating the NPC rewards now.  They need to put it back to where it was.  Then make the PVP rewards better than PVE.

There should be some account given to the overall size of the engagement, not just each individual ship's BR. Sinking multiple ships in a same-size ship isn't a trivial task and should be rewarded as such.

EDIT: Devs should do the above at the very least, I agree that the rewards are too low for PvE in general as well.

Edited by Doug Maoz
clarify
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, redbear said:

removing the R zone cause the seal clubbing and i believe that is a mistake all we going to hear for next 6-10 weeks is "been gank when i start playing" "Not play because to much ganking at starting port" they sud  really rethink the R zone and bring it back or you could lose 10-20% of new player comeing to the game. plz plz rethink R zones for the new players and make it were staying in R zone after certain ranks make it pointless every new player sud have a spot to learn the game and not get gank by player looking for cheap easy wins

Too late unfortunately, game is being rushed with some broken attempts like port bonuses and some other content (which could be great) , without adressing real issues. 

At least they should Double or Tripple size of easy nation capitol zones, but let's stop dreaming. 

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

Based on almost anyone's definition, the statements made by the developers on Early Access release qualify as "promises," "assurances," or "statements of fact," regarding XP and crafting levels.  So you can call it whatever you like but the bottom line is that players have the right to be pissy about buying the game and DLCs under false statements. Period.

Ok, now that we start whipping out the dictionary (of unknown source), how about we go the full distance and you start to quote those statements you consider to be a promise and we take them apart together? And let's stick to the false statements about DLCs for the sake of brevity please.

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

But let's be brutally honest here... how much of that time is active play time and not surfing the web or watching Netflix while you semi-AFK sail?

Then why do you even play the game if you consider your time wasted, what's the logic here? Did anyone chain you to a chair and force you to play?

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

my spouse likes to call a "ship screensaver"

That's actually funny.

But seriously, why play a game you consider a waste of time? I enjoy sailing around the open world.

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

Soooo, you can sugarcoat the developer decisions all you like

Just for the sake of sanity here, they must have done something right, not? There must be a reason to keep you playing and engaged.

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

but you'd be ignoring the realities facing a game that's being rushed to release.

I never denied that. But now that you brought it up:

I think the game needs a lot of work in certain areas (PVE foremost) and would have profited from having the new frontline mechanics tested more thoroughly (by wiping ppls resources and ships first). Also there's a large list of little things to ameliorate and some things on this list would be really smart to implement. I think the core mechanics are pretty much in place (you can have great naval battles), the UI looks nice and RVR has become more meaningful with the port investments. Talking about RVR, I consider the superiority of certain nations to be annoying and would wish for game mechanics to counter it (although there are already some in place like maintenance for ports). I like that there are a lot of ships (almost too much) to choose from and I even like the new currencies (Reals, Dobloons). I didn't even buy the new DLCs because I see no use for them, I rather craft my own ships, a process I enjoy btw because I like to sail ships I crafted myself. So overall, I think it's a good game.

Is it rushed to release? No, because there will never come a perfect time.

Edited by Son of Surcouf
  • Like 3

People need to just get over it. 🙄 I look forward to going through the ranks again with my bros. Just enjoy the game, and if you aren't satisfied, then stop trying to ruin the fun for the rest of us.

• Like 11

21 minutes ago, Latron said:

People need to just get over it. 🙄 I look forward to going through the ranks again with my bros. Just enjoy the game, and if you aren't satisfied, then stop trying to ruin the fun for the rest of us.

I liked this, but couldn't like it twice, so I'm reposting it.  Either you enjoy the game enough to spend time in it or you don't. I guess there are some folk who agree with all the complaints going on .. but a large group of us just couldn't care less.  It's a game I enjoy and I'll play it .. until I don't.

• Like 6

Watching conversation is same as viewing animated GIF, same again and again 😂 .

again.gif

Also thankyou Wraith for description of Naval Action as ship screensaver,  made me cough with coffee :) .

Edited by Doh
  • Like 4

39 minutes ago, Wraith said:

What statements about DLC?  I've not said anything about DLC or "promises" there, so I'm not going to comment on that.

2 hours ago, Wraith said:

So you can call it whatever you like but the bottom line is that players have the right to be pissy about buying the game and DLCs under false statements. Period.

40 minutes ago, Wraith said:

And please feel free to link me any of my past posts that calls the game a "waste of time?"

2 hours ago, Wraith said:

But let's be brutally honest here... how much of that time is active play time and not surfing the web or watching Netflix while you semi-AFK sail? Seriously...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Wraith said:

That said, when the vast majority of content of any game is tied to active players in the game.. then you damn well better be focused on mechanics and systems that generate and retain player numbers.. not ones which grind down and drive away your existing players. And that's the whole point.

Honestly couldn't agree more, its just curious that you're saying this after care bearing with wo and "grinding down" the population of the in-game US nation for 1.5 years and bragging about it. Even now when everyone is hanging out around LT having fun, you still see VCO in combat news in front of charleston...

Edited by Potemkin
  • Like 3

The sultan of semantics has spoken!

On a more serious note i think its safe to say anyone still here at this point loves the game and wants to see it succeed. That being said, everyone seems to have a unique way of showing it.

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, Wraith said:

But I'll always call out hypocrisy, whining, and illogical thinking when I see it though, whether it's from my own clan or others

What if its from you? Or is that not possible?

7 hours ago, van der Decken said:

Dear Devs, is it true that killing NPC gives you only 25% of the XP that killing players does? If so, can you please bump it up to at least 50%, especially considering the difficulty of finding players in the beginning will be?

See your looking at it wrong, PvP is x2 of xp of PvE......though I agree it's way to low right now specially if you kill any lower level ship than you have.  With AI buff it's going to be hard to kill a higher rank ship than you have and with every one starting with no books and such we will see even more folks getting killed by AI than in the past.  I don't think the devs thought this through very wall.  AI should be balanced against Oak/Oak ships, not LO/WO ships.

I don't expect to rank up over night, but it better not take me a year to rank up.  I mean I all ready did it 5 times I don't want to do it 5 more times. I'm honestly going to be wasting money spent as I won't have time to level up the alts again like I had in the past.

PS: I put Dutch for that poll someone made about what nation we are going to....lol   I still have no clue what nation I'm going with a few clan mates that stated they are coming back.  I really want to know if the alliance system is going to be put in or not.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir

Remember when they said repeatedly that they wanted SOL’s to be the rulers of the seas.  I think there’s clearly a correlation between THAT and making them hard to obtain via slow progression.  

Honestly, if people are in SOL’s a week after release, there’s something seriously wrong.  

*Qeue Intrepido telling us that big ships are the only ships worth sailing in 3......  2....... 1......*

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Remember when they said repeatedly that they wanted SOL’s to be the rulers of the seas.  I think there’s clearly a correlation between THAT and making them hard to obtain via slow progression.  

Honestly, if people are in SOL’s a week after release, there’s something seriously wrong.  

*Qeue Intrepido telling us that big ships are the only ships worth sailing in 3......  2....... 1......*

There needs to be a fine line though.  I'm cool with them being hard to attain.  I'm not cool with how quickly or how easily they are to lose however.  Hard to attain and easy to lose does not create a healthy environment to promote PVP and said usage of the 1st rates.  One does not promote the other.  Frankly I feel like all first rate battles should be about as common in NA as they were IRL.  Not very.  They should be you're hard to kill flagship that you bring out occasionally.  Not the mainstay of every port battle because of BR.  The current system is flawed and I have a hard time seeing how it's going to be fixed prior to a rushed release.  

The current blend of in game mechanics will continue to create zergs and monopolies of most regions by the lucky dog who gets the first crop of big dicks out there with port bonuses.  And it will stay that way.  If any game was susceptible to the winner take all snow ball effect...it's Naval Action.    

I'd prefer a game where third rates and the occasional 2nd were the bulk of the larger PBs...with frigates being the more popular class overall.   But I don't see that happening.

• Like 6

Agreed.  3rd rates should be the work-horses of the vast majority of fleet actions. 

Just my opinion, of course, but 1st rates should be almost national, if not full-clan, efforts.  And SHOULD hurt to lose.  

But then again, I also think conquest should be a lot more of an process, as well.  I think hostility should take days....  but needless to say, they would need to implement raids to make that palatable. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Yes, it’s gonna be fascinating to see Dev’s logic of high-risk high-reward concept pan-out (as pvp content creation),  as posed to sustainable multiple reproduction.

Also to see its marketable ability of: specialized genre beginning in hardcore/sport/competition mode set for clan resourcing targeting fulltime gamers.

Imo there should be a limit of 3 1st rates per battle, and 10 SOL's in total. That would make for more mixed rate battles instead of homogeneous 25 1st rate fleets. Ultimately everyone is going to sail the most powerful and if you let the happen then well....it will happen. You aren't going to ever balance it eco wise without making it near impossible to obtain a 1st rate, but you can improve battles directly through ROE.

30 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Agreed.  3rd rates should be the work-horses of the vast majority of fleet actions. 

Just my opinion, of course, but 1st rates should be almost national, if not full-clan, efforts.  And SHOULD hurt to lose.  

But then again, I also think conquest should be a lot more of an process, as well.  I think hostility should take days....  but needless to say, they would need to implement raids to make that palatable. 

Doubt we'll see raids with this race to release for summer sale cash grab

6 hours ago, Wraith said:

"Getting over it," is never a very healthy attitude for addressing systemic problems of any kind.

It is if hundreds of other ppl "just get over it" yet you cannot. It's kind of like the "getting too old in life" feeling that ppl have, but then they see all their friends the same age out there hiking and biking and playing other sports. You can either sit at home and complain about all your pains and suffering that most other older ppl have, or you can get over it and get on with it like the others do.

14 minutes ago, Severus Snape said:

Doubt we'll see raids with this race to release for summer sale cash grab

I bet we will. All game devs like to hold patching in great features until after release. It looks good to the new players.

11 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I mean, I assume you're playing since you feel qualified to talk about these changes yet I've not seen you on a PvP leaderboard or in a port battle since... maybe ever? But hey, you do you

But you're "qualified" though right? 🤣

7 hours ago, Wraith said:

I haven't fought the coastline for quite some time, other than taking ports in battles that we thought were arranged to get the U.S. experience, even though they show up in a b.s. fleet