Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum

Fresh Start – Wipe information for War and Peace servers.


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, John Hood said:

I would be fine with a peace server like wipe.... but I really think the battle server be handled different is causing trouble. Again one big point being the DLCs. By wiping my XP and not letting me use stuff I paid for... I mean I am not mean and I will not do it... but people that paid like for all the DLCs about 100$ combined and not being able to use them for a while might get mad. You just can't sell a product and then say "haha" you can not use it anymore. Thats pretty bad!

 

1 hour ago, Angus MacDuff said:

????nobody said you cant use your dlc's

 

He didn't say he couldn't use them permanently, just for awhile. He is referring to the fact that in order to sail the DLC ships you need rank and if you are at rank 1 you can't sail a rank 10 ship.  So it means grinding the exp to be able to even use a ship he paid for.

 

To those PVPers who are complaining about the PVEers complaining  we aren't complaining about the wipe. We are complaining because we were promised a number of times in the last 3 months that we would not be wiped.  I'm in a hurry as I have work but I'm sure someone can dig that post up.  Yes I understand that developers change their minds and that's okay they are the developers. but it doesn't mean we have to like it and doesn't mean that our opinion doesn't matter.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Captains Here is the final information on the player accounts on the launch of the game. Estimated launch week - 10-14th June War server:  Full reset:  Everyone starts fresh from c

Captains, the release window is this week. We are going to post more info tonight

Two weeks to release! It seems too good to be true! So after almost 4 years of development have we reached the end? Why am I talking about the "end" and not the "beginning"? I will try to explai

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Angus MacDuff said:

????nobody said you cant use your dlc's

 

Well you can not crew them after a wipe now can you? Thats pretty much making them useless until you level up. That depending on play style can take a while. So it is denying people use of a paid good... Correct or not?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/31/2019 at 2:03 PM, William Wade said:

Full wipe,  good no problem with it, level playing field on release, it's just a game. 

The real downside it opens the possibility of DLC's to reduce/eliminate the new grind paid for with real money.  

DLC's for accelerated XP, unlock ship slots, provide in game gold/reals and rare books etc. 

For over a year I've stated there is a risk the NA could enter same downward spiral as Heroes & Generals.   Either you pay up with real money or face an endless grind that takes thousands of hours.  

Hopefully the devs don't take that path but at the end of the day it's a business venture.

Honestly that is one of the things I suspect. A total wipe and then with the release annouce DLCs that ease the pain. I would not even be surprised to see it on launch date after all would be the best time to rake in money. Here by your Admirals rank back...  or here are the 3 Book collections for sale etc. I even further think this will be a free game sooner or later and financed by DLC content. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Papillon said:

 Anyone can read the forum.  You don't have to log in to read it.

I was misinformed.  Or misunderstood.  Thanks for the comment.  I amended my post.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, John Hood said:

Honestly that is one of the things I suspect. A total wipe and then with the release annouce DLCs that ease the pain. I would not even be surprised to see it on launch date after all would be the best time to rake in money. Here by your Admirals rank back...  or here are the 3 Book collections for sale etc. I even further think this will be a free game sooner or later and financed by DLC content. 

I’ve also suspected that this was the plan, if not forever, at least for a long time. It’s one of the few explanations that makes sense of methodology they have taken on this “test”. They make huge, drastic, painful changes causing the population to howl but then rather than adjusting the change in small ways in order to find what works, they make another drastic change in the other direction, or just change something else in a drastic way. Did it ever seem like changes were designed to find solutions to issues the player base faced? Rarely. I wondered if they were basically just searching out the pain points to see where they can sell DLCs in the future to ease the pain.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, John Hood said:

 

- I wonder if you create a legal problem. You sold DLC's to people, you need a certain XP to crew your DLC. You reset that, so at least for a limited time I got no usage of my paid for DLC. I wonder if this in some countries can cause issues.

 

It is not a -legal- problem because sailing them is but one form of usage. Others include selling them to NPC, breaking them up, keeping them for later use...etc.

One could argue: selling them to NPC helps you raising funds. I don't have the Rätt DLC, idk if that can be sold/broken, but you can still retrieve it every day and keep the best one for later use. 

So: while I do understand your PoV, -legally- its no valid argument. It's an argument from a PoV of good customer relations.

Edited by Jan van Santen
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, John Hood said:

Well you can not crew them after a wipe now can you? Thats pretty much making them useless until you level up. That depending on play style can take a while. So it is denying people use of a paid good... Correct or not?

Not at all.  Most of us will do the tutorial right away and have 280 crew from that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Angus MacDuff said:

Not at all.  Most of us will do the tutorial right away and have 280 crew from that. 

Actually I forgot about that, but that makes the wipe even more senseless if it was about new players. The people that play for ages will do the tutorial rather quick and we will sail our 5th rates against the poor new folks that will prolly struggle with the tutorial for a while. The demasting part was a pain for example on the first few tries LOL 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jan van Santen said:

It is not a -legal- problem because sailing them is but one form of usage. Others include selling them to NPC, breaking them up, keeping them for later use...etc.

One could argue: selling them to NPC helps you raising funds. I don't have the Rätt DLC, idk if that can be sold/broken, but you can still retrieve it every day and keep the best one for later use. 

So: while I do understand your PoV, -legally- its no valid argument. It's an argument from a PoV of good customer relations.

Well I would argue that. After all thier intended use is to sail them. I paid for something I could use, the developers before said you keep xp etc. Taking something away that I could use and paid for and deny me the usage is kinda really shaky. But yes I am no lawyer and there are people from so many different countries with different laws and just because of that I think its kinda like a mine field :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, John Hood said:

Well you can not crew them after a wipe now can you? Thats pretty much making them useless until you level up. That depending on play style can take a while. So it is denying people use of a paid good... Correct or not?

Complete the Training and you will awarded the ability to crew and command 5th rate ships - which covers the DLC ships.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jean LaPointe said:

Complete the Training and you will awarded the ability to crew and command 5th rate ships - which covers the DLC ships.

Awesome and where did they state that I need to pass the tutorial when I paid for them... ? Again they take usage away from me for something I paid for and I can only use it again when I do certain things. That is awesome! Heck they should make it maybe at least so that people that paid for the DLCs automatically gets a passed exam? So you got use of your stuff...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, John Hood said:

Awesome and where did they state that I need to pass the tutorial when I paid for them... ? Again they take usage away from me for something I paid for and I can only use it again when I do certain things. That is awesome! Heck they should make it maybe at least so that people that paid for the DLCs automatically gets a passed exam? So you got use of your stuff...

Same argument applies to a new player who buys all of the DLC ships.  He won't be able to crew them until he acquires the appropriate rank. I just read the Steam page for the Rattvisan DLC and while it does mention the crew size at 490, it does not mention that a new player (as we all will be) will have enough crew to use it.  I hear what you're saying, but i'm not overly concerned.  I'm going to enjoy the wipe and the period after.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Felix Victor said:

Today's patch changed for all ships

  • turn rate lowered by 5 %
  • acc/dec lowered by 17 %

Are there any patch notes? You know if port bonus, mods bonus or any other stats affected?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, van Veen said:

Are there any patch notes? You know if port bonus, mods bonus or any other stats affected?

Is it really worth even bothering... I am not even playing until after the wipe and will see from there if I stay in the game or not. This whole farming books again thing...  I mean I played one year until I had all 3 collections together and they actually said we would keep that... Anyhow I am worried about the release notes and ignore the game for now LOL 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, John Hood said:

Well you can not crew them after a wipe now can you? Thats pretty much making them useless until you level up. That depending on play style can take a while. So it is denying people use of a paid good... Correct or not?

This is a weak argument seeing as crewing a herc would take about an hour or two.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Wraith said:

I don't think it's blown out of proportion, given that many people spent quite a bit of money under false pretexts. You can argue they should never have trusted the word of an indy game developer in this context but I feel like that's selling a lot of reputable Early Access game developers who stick to their word and development goals short, don't you?  

  1. Don't buy DLCs from a game developer that you don't consider to be reputable.
  2. A promise for me is when someone is telling me that "I promise to....", "I swear by god I won't..." or "You can have my word that I will ...".
  3. Game Labs certainly hasn't been the best at communicating. But they've solved every bug so far, have been quite innovative, moderated a forum of bickering customers and made a game in which you can have 25vs25 1st rate ships with thousands of cannon balls flying at the same time, tracking correctly, no lag. Quite an achievement I think.
  4. Many people spend 200-500+ hours on this game. Most time I spent on an AAA game title barely went beyond 100 hours. Quite some worth for the 40$ spend IMO.
22 hours ago, Macjimm said:

As I said.  I wasn't aware that the Devs had made promises.  I didn't expect anything less than a full wipe. 

 Yep, and I can only recommend to let the 'promises' bandwagon pass you by ...

Me too, knew the full wipe was coming sooner or later, others might follow ...

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear Devs, is it true that killing NPC gives you only 25% of the XP that killing players does? If so, can you please bump it up to at least 50%, especially considering the difficulty of finding players in the beginning will be?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, van der Decken said:

Dear Devs, is it true that killing NPC gives you only 25% of the XP that killing players does? If so, can you please bump it up to at least 50%, especially considering the difficulty of finding players in the beginning will be?

I'm really hating the NPC rewards now.  They need to put it back to where it was.  Then make the PVP rewards better than PVE.  I just have no interest in killing AI.  This will cause a lot more seal clubbing

Edited by Angus MacDuff
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

I'm really hating the NPC rewards now.  They need to put it back to where it was.  Then make the PVP rewards better than PVE.  I just have no interest in killing AI.  This will cause a lot more seal clubbing

I am afraid you are correct about the seal clubbing. PvE is not my favorite, but I still dabble in it. But with PvE enemies so hard these days (even for experienced captains) what are new sailors supposed to do?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jarlath Morrow said:

I am afraid you are correct about the seal clubbing. PvE is not my favorite, but I still dabble in it. But with PvE enemies so hard these days (even for experienced captains) what are new sailors supposed to do?

Especially since the value of baby seal hides is so much higher than that of AI.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...