Game-Labs Forum

Fresh Start – Wipe information for War and Peace servers.

16 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Again, your reading comprehension is failing you. :) I specifically said I hadn't fought on the coastline, meaning the U.S. coast... I've been playing and testing plenty in other places, so yes.. I can say I'm qualified to critique any of the recent changes.

You said that guy isn't qualified to comment on changes to the game because you haven't seen him in a PB or on the leaderboard, was just wondering what qualifies you to tell someone something like that? I dont think ive ever seen you on the leaderboard, or in a meaningful PB in years. Your ego is writing checks your deeds in-game cant afford.

Edited by Potemkin
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Wraith said:

the Russians as a whole have fought precious few "meaningful" port battles (whatever that means to you) after zerging their way across the map post-wipe and blanketing themselves in port bonus ships. 

But I'm not here to measure epeens, my point was purely that those who play the game should have the right to an opinion on it. If you disagree with that, I don't know what to do with you.

Lmao i forgot, you probably wouldn't know what a meaningful PB is. I miss a ton of PBs because i cant always be online, and sure ive had shitty battles but im not nearly as inexperienced as you are when fighting competition that actually shoots back lol. You say your not here to measure "epeens" yet you're telling people they have no right to an opinion because of your (self assumed) superiority in experience. You're a world class ego maniac dude. Do yourself and everyone else on this forum (except your clan mates that have to bump the like button when you say dumb shit) a favor and recognize you aren't gods gift to Naval Action. Im ok with getting called a nobody in this game. You're just another nobody that plays when everyone sleeps and acts like a lord vicious without the skill on the forums.

Edited by Potemkin

11 hours ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

Where's the problem? A newbie wouldn't have a chance against an experienced player both in basic cutters as well. It's not unfair that some have experience and others don't. It's just a matter of time.

That is my point that makes the wipe for the sake of new players pretter stupid stupid!

12 hours ago, redbear said:

removing the R zone cause the seal clubbing and i believe that is a mistake all we going to hear for next 6-10 weeks is "been gank when i start playing" "Not play because to much ganking at starting port" they sud  really rethink the R zone and bring it back or you could lose 10-20% of new player comeing to the game. plz plz rethink R zones for the new players and make it were staying in R zone after certain ranks make it pointless every new player sud have a spot to learn the game and not get gank by player looking for cheap easy wins

All the people that dont like how the wipe got handled should form fleets of seal clubbing to show that it was senseless LOL basic cutter pvp fleets, that would be epic :)

12 hours ago, Wraith said:

I never said anything about AFK sailing being a waste of time.. I've watched a lot of great Netflix and Hulu during my thousands of hours in Naval Action.

Guess that's up for interpretation! 🙃

12 hours ago, Wraith said:

And just because I mention the purchase of DLCs and alts in conjunction with a discussion around the understanding about whether their progression in the game is safe or not, has nothing at all to do with "promises" about DLCs, right?  Reading comprehension might be an area of personal growth you might want to invest in.

How about you invest some time in making up your mind?  😘

On 5/31/2019 at 11:40 AM, admin said:

Captains
Here is the final information on the player accounts on the launch of the game.
Estimated launch week - 10-14th June

A week on since this announcement I wanted to enquire and see if this is still the estimated launch window?

4 hours ago, John Hood said:

All the people that dont like how the wipe got handled should form fleets of seal clubbing to show that it was senseless LOL basic cutter pvp fleets, that would be epic :)

We don’t even need cutters.  Pandora, Herve and LRQ will do the job after speeding the tutorials.

2 hours ago, Potemkin said:

passes the time on night shifts quite well i find.

Got an hour and half to go and my weekend begins.  3rd shift life.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

We don’t even need cutters.  Pandora, Herve and LRQ will do the job after speeding the tutorials.

Basic cutters can't initiate pvp anyway. You won't see them as the attackers.

3 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Would you mind buying me a few DLCs? The only redeemable ship I have is the yacht. 😕

Oops, and the pandora we got.

Screw the tutorial. Personally, the first thing I’m going to do is sail from the US capital to Shroud Cay and make an outpost, cap a lynx or privateer and find some PvP even though I’ll lose due to no repairs. :)

• Like 1

hey, you guys will really wipe. Ok. Weel, now we can't do any thing against it, why don't you developers brig magic ships like the other games? Yes, ghost ships, ships that fly, ships with 300 cannons in one of the sides, ships like that ships on Pirates of the Caribbean?

because these elite ships are almost ike it. a simple frigte can turn like a fir fir lynx. keep killing the game, you devs are doing a great job.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Donovan said:

Would you mind buying me a few DLCs? The only redeemable ship I have is the yacht. 😕

Oops, and the pandora we got.

Screw the tutorial. Personally, the first thing I’m going to do is sail from the US capital to Shroud Cay and make an outpost, cap a lynx or privateer and find some PvP even though I’ll lose due to no repairs. :)

As soon as you get to Shroud Cay do the endurance test and it will bounce you to Lt Com and give you plenty of repairs.   Also final exam still gives a Herc note along with other goodies and the Master Com rank.

On 6/6/2019 at 1:15 AM, Farrago said:

I’ve also suspected that this was the plan, if not forever, at least for a long time. It’s one of the few explanations that makes sense of methodology they have taken on this “test”. They make huge, drastic, painful changes causing the population to howl but then rather than adjusting the change in small ways in order to find what works, they make another drastic change in the other direction, or just change something else in a drastic way. Did it ever seem like changes were designed to find solutions to issues the player base faced? Rarely. I wondered if they were basically just searching out the pain points to see where they can sell DLCs in the future to ease the pain.

Dammit you nailed it!! Explains so much!! It all makes sense now....I feel kinda dumb now for not seeing this!

• Like 1

Neat. 

Fortunately the ones who have stuck with the game thus far know that having to re-do all of the grinding isn't worth it.

I for one am 90% sure that I'm not even gonna bother, and I'm sure that lots of the returning players who'd fancy giving the game a go once it was finished will see the ratings and discussions and give it a pass. A humongous time sink of a game.

2 hours ago, Aegir said:

Fortunately the ones who have stuck with the game thus far know that having to re-do all of the grinding isn't worth it.

I for one am 90% sure that I'm not even gonna bother, and I'm sure that lots of the returning players who'd fancy giving the game a go once it was finished will see the ratings and discussions and give it a pass. A humongous time sink of a game.

I admit it doesn’t feel good having yet again to go through another wipe and this time lose everything. Four (4) years, 1800+ hours logged, three wipes make it hard to swallow. I can still retain my experiences and knowledge on the PvE and will continue to enjoy this game there. The PvP side, I don’t know if I am willing to put through the effort to ever go back to that server. It has been infrequent since the major ganking days a couple of years ago and from this point forward having to start at 0 in the PvP world just doesn’t have any appeal to participate.

I am not a Dev and have no say in the way things will turn out. The only thing I can change is my approach to the game. Will I continue to play, you bet. On the PvP server? Most likely not. I do not need Port Battles and global domination to enjoy the game.

I hope to still see all y’all on the other side of the wipe. We are a unique bunch that enjoys a different paced game and is immersed into a historical venue like nothing before it.

You know what’s coming and you can change the way you approach it. Remember everyone here is losing something, so lets cool our jets, take a deep breath and rest our clocks. Time to regroup and start a positive attitude.

IMHO

1 hour ago, GrafHodenschaf said:

Im a long time game owner ( but only a casual player ) but registrated just right now to the forum because I have an ( for me ) urgent question:

Since I have seen a few wipes in alpha, will this wipe be the last one?

Thx

GrafHodenschaf

That is still a question to be answered sir.

• Like 1

I had to take a break from the game for about 6-8 months.  Coming back, i see many changes that i like.  That said, it sucks that the devs go back on their words.  I chalk it up to exuberance on their part, wanting to do more and communicating their hopes too soon.  I think the reasoning is flawed as well, in that players taking up the game 1 moth from now, will have a disadvantage to those that started this coming week.  In fact, those that started this coming week, will be at  disadvantage to those of us that are versed in the exams.  But if we want to pretend - let's pretend and get to over with, shall we?

That said, the question as to whether this is the final wipe is quite valid imho....

• Like 3

4 hours ago, GrafHodenschaf said:

Since I have seen a few wipes in alpha, will this wipe be the last one?

Thx

GrafHodenschaf

Yes its release