Game-Labs Forum

Fresh Start – Wipe information for War and Peace servers.

Feel days left to developers ruin this game with wipes and players still beliving that it is the best plan. Wipe with Ai ships being buffed all the time. Are these guys really playing or they just come on forum say shit and developers agree with them? 

A lot of old and good players just leave, new bie people are leaving, and wipe and the false "release" will not bring new players. Keep doing this horrible work.

6 hours ago, Jean LaPointe said:

That is still a question to be answered sir.

For sure this ill not be the last wipe. They will just wait more stupid pvp players crying for shit and they will do all the pvp babys want.

23 hours ago, Sea Fox said:

Dammit you nailed it!! Explains so much!! It all makes sense now....I feel kinda dumb now for not seeing this!

Look it, another pvp thiking that a wipe will be the solution. Are you still really playing this game yet?

I just hope they really do this on the 10th to 12th like they say.  There were only 150 players on today during the middle of a Saturday.  To me that means people are playing not for fun, but for rewards they can keep.  All the more proof that a wipe is really gonna hurt. :(

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Papillon said:

I just hope they really do this on the 10th to 12th like they say.  There were only 150 players on today during the middle of a Saturday.  To me that means people are playing not for fun, but for rewards they can keep.  All the more proof that a wipe is really gonna hurt. :(

wipe will f... the game. and people is leaving coz they are not dumbs to be crafiting and building all again.

7 hours ago, Papillon said:

I do not want to be too pessimistic, but the general feeling among the veterans i know is that this game - after a couple of months from the launch - will end up as it was during the last part of the testing.

- war server: a small club of the same persons playing the "hardcore elite" part and 90% of newbies leaving after a couple of months.

- peace server: maybe new players will like it, but actually the content is a little lacking: trade is almost useless, killing NPCs has inconsistent rewards, missions give rewards that are useful for crafting, but crafting - after the insane revamp of building prices - has been set behind a huge grind wall (and with the new elite NPCs, is also quite pointless crafting ships that are weaker, in stats, with respect to the captured ones). 

Will this be enough to keep up servers? Maybe, but only if the hardcore elite small crew is disposed to buy new DLCs: That's the only possible business model of this game after launch (and the bet of the developers). Otherwise I fear the game will slowly fade.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, toblerone said:

I do not want to be too pessimistic, but the general feeling among the veterans i know is that this game - after a couple of months from the launch - will end up as it was during the last part of the testing.

- war server: a small club of the same persons playing the "hardcore elite" part and 90% of newbies leaving after a couple of months.

- peace server: maybe new players will like it, but actually the content is a little lacking: trade is almost useless, killing NPCs has inconsistent rewards, missions give rewards that are useful for crafting, but crafting - after the insane revamp of building prices - has been set behind a huge grind wall (and with the new elite NPCs, is also quite pointless crafting ships that are weaker, in stats, with respect to the captured ones). 

Will this be enough to keep up servers? Maybe, but only if the hardcore elite small crew is disposed to buy new DLCs: That's the only possible business model of this game after launch (and the bet of the developers). Otherwise I fear the game will slowly fade.

Tides go in tides go out, you can't explain that

16 hours ago, Taranis said:

I had to take a break from the game for about 6-8 months.  Coming back, i see many changes that i like.  That said, it sucks that the devs go back on their words.  I chalk it up to exuberance on their part, wanting to do more and communicating their hopes too soon.  I think the reasoning is flawed as well, in that players taking up the game 1 moth from now, will have a disadvantage to those that started this coming week.  In fact, those that started this coming week, will be at  disadvantage to those of us that are versed in the exams.  But if we want to pretend - let's pretend and get to over with, shall we?

That said, the question as to whether this is the final wipe is quite valid imho....

Good to see you again, Taranis. I was thinking a bit more on this and I can see resets in the future when in the PvP world conquests gets lopsided (as it has in the past) but as a full wipe I believe that can be a major error if they go down that path. so I do not see that as fix all/end all operation. Schedule resets would be acceptable as to be allowed time to gather supplies and ships, return to capitals and prepare for another rage on the Caribbean.

We learned a long time ago that no matter what we think about the survival of the game or player base to keep the game going, the Dev's did as they wished. It's as if they have all the resources and finances to build a game they want even if it is build for the Dev's own pleasure and we are here to make it interesting for their world. Remember there have been time where PvP had 900 on line at a time, then changes we made and a bunch left. Some came back and some more left, again and again. Although the more interesting part is PvE has been pretty steady all along number wise.

This game is like none other and I believe the developers are keeping it that was. This explains why hardcore games are frustrated with the mechanics because it doesn't make sense to them from a gaming POV.

So if you had all the money you ever needed and wanted to play a game like this one and there wasn't anything like it on the market, so you create a group of talented people , give yourself a name , and Alpha your desire to be tested - then you have what we got right now.

IMHO

• Like 2

I didn't want to wait for the wipe to take a look at how it will be.  After 4000+ hours and full docks and warehouse, I reset my account last week.

My thinking was, find out what it's like to be at zero, spend a week playing from that position and see what I come up with.  I think I can see how it's going to go initially.

So it went like this for me, took some passenger deliveries on the yacht.  Put 6pd on yacht, took a trader brig,  did some cargo deliveries.  That was reals and gold set. Did the first part of the exam crewed the dlc Herc, ranked up a couple, did the final exam and dlc requin.   You probably can do that in a day at a push with no interference.  The first day there will be interference so.. 

Left it at that point because then it just becomes grindy.

It was easy to do this with clear seas this week, so not a clear picture.  My guess you will see requin out on the first day.

Conclusion, you can get up and running quite quickly, then its just repetitive but I guess the requin players will have a good time initially. 

If you have not got DLC Requin and DLC herc ... I don't think you are going to be smiling at the start.

• Like 2

Who knows, maybe we have been testing somekind of barebone version of NA all those years and they will add plenty a new features they were confident about and did not need any testing, thus were not in the alpha-beta-gamma version we had access to :)

Edited by Serk

10 hours ago, Lannes said:

THERE are still people who are worried about another wipe after this one on 10-14 June. It is a game LAUNCH isn't it? Or am I wrong?

From what I recall yes. Although I feel like they should hold off the wipe and "full release" for another 2 weeks till the steam sale is up and running on the 25th. Use that as a major marketing and jumping off point for the "full release" to introduce the game to a larger audience at a more economically appealing price. This game will be a tough sale otherwise without a sale price to start off with. Not because of children crying through their reviews or how obscure this game is. Instead, mainly do to the fact that this game is very broad and lacks definitive non-player created objects. Unless you are telling someone that it is a mix of games like Elite Dangerous and Eve, most folks would not truly understand what this game is about and avoid. Even the trailer is just a visual hype cake. No real detail on what this game is about and apart from battles, what the other aspects of the game are. 

Edited by Davos Seasworth
  • Like 4

Wipe will not matter....after wipe a rat race to the top of the pile will begin.

Vets will see opportunity to be "king of the hill" , clans, likewise. 

What will hurt or kill the game will be any future wipes. 

To the DLC haters, DLC will keep the game alive and servers going. 

I'll still play, casually, spending a lot less time but still having fun. Although at first, me and me ALTS have to farm our way back up in rank and exp 😂😂😂

🦊 

Edited by Sea Fox
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Lannes said:

THERE are still people who are worried about another wipe after this one on 10-14 June. It is a game LAUNCH isn't it? Or am I wrong?

Yes, this is a launch. Another wipe after the Launch? Who really knows, but I think not. I do see the possibility of future resets of conquest areas to keep it playable on the PvP server. Not necessary for the PvE server as all ports are fixed.

I have quit worrying over a wipe or not. Reading all the different opinions , which has included passionate verbal barrages, only summed up to creating a new approach to working the game. It is a good thing its a sandbox where you can approach it from a various directions. Having over 1800 hours in the game, top ranked in XP and can craft anything is a great personal loss of time invested and experience earned with this wipe. I hope the future only are resets and doesn't effect any personal gains.

• Like 1

DEVELOPER PLEASE! Stop buffying Ai, stop buffying Ai, stop buffying Ai, stop buffying Ai, stop buffying Ai, stop buffying Ai, stop buffying Ai, stop buffying Ai, stop buffying Ai, stop buffying Ai, stop buffying Ai, stop buffying Ai, stop buffying Ai, stop buffying Ai, stop buffying Ai, stop buffying Ai, stop buffying Ai, stop buffying Ai, stop buffying Ai, stop buffying Ai, stop buffying Ai, stop buffying Ai, stop buffying Ai, stop buffying Ai, stop buffying Ai, stop buffying Ai, stop buffying Ai, stop buffying Ai, stop buffying Ai, stop buffying Ai, stop buffying Ai, stop buffying Ai, stop buffying Ai,  stop buffying Ai, stop buffying Ai, stop buffying Ai,stop buffying Ai, stop buffying Ai, stop buffying Ai, stop buffying Ai, stop buffying Ai, stop buffying Ai, stop buffying Ai.

thank you.

So I thought to myself unless the devs have some magic plans up their sleeves who will actually know naval action has released? The only reason we know is because we are active on the forums and some others who will be told by friends. I assume plenty of people will have no idea until news eventually reaches them or they just happen to stumble back into the loop.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Aster said:

So I thought to myself unless the devs have some magic plans up their sleeves who will actually know naval action has released? The only reason we know is because we are active on the forums and some others who will be told by friends. I assume plenty of people will have no idea until news eventually reaches them or they just happen to stumble back into the loop.

No word from devs about release, feeling more like funeral.

Only post about this game, new game.

Edited by Doh

37 minutes ago, Doh said:

No word from devs about release, feeling more like funeral.

Only post about this game, new game.

Gotta give it a little more time.. It's just now early morning in Russia on Monday morning.  We'll see what they knock out today here shortly.