Game-Labs Forum

Naval Action Launch information - June 2019

34 minutes ago, Zlatkowar said:

Once again, I am speechless. I cannot congratulate you for this product feels unfinished AF and I cannot see how 30 last minute days of developement will change anything at current state of the game. As always, speaking from a PvE perspective.

It's very simple. His inability to give a valid and definitive statement on things like a PvE wipe and his sarcastic posts left many players in doubt. If a PvE wipe occurs, I am pretty sure the pop will drop significantly, and the reviews will be merciless. If you want a healthy and helping community, then give something valuable for your vets. Time spent is something quite valuable. And if someone wants to have a fresh start he can still choose to delete his account and start over.

I appreciate that the responses are not definitive and there may not be a definitive answer at this point, and the sarcastic responses provide nothing constructive and are a major point of frustration but that does not unto itself mitigate a wipe.  Veteran players will probably receive some sort of reward for their time and effort in helping to develop the game, and having fore knowledge of the exam and the ability to complete the exam will give you a big boost in going forward with acceleration in rank and the granting of a ship for successful completion if there were to be a wipe.  My point is that there have been a lot of complaints about wipes and players have threatened to quit but still they play on because they enjoy the game, but not to expect a wipe, is again a bit naive.

Edited by CaptainCaveMan
  • Like 2

Nice to see the release coming soon, finally😉

And I don't care that game is not ready, I rather play an unfinished game and not having to worry about wipe on release then keep on "testing" for another two years.

But yeah, the game does not feel finished, or ready for a release.

Edited by de Veenboer
  • Like 1

I don't think 'release' necessarily means the end of development does it? Games like Eve have constant updates and balance passes, its an ongoing process for them. There's is a sub model of course but If NA becomes popular and the possibility exists to continue to attract new players/purchasers, then it would make financial sense to continue developing the game and keep it fresh and keep adding new content (or to begin to develop NA2 perhaps?)

RE: full wipe, yes we all have an advantage through experience as it is, but if books are wiped then it wont be long before the same players have all the books again anyway, so why bother to make us go through the grind and have to pray to the RNG loot gods all over again?  New players will see it as fairer yes, but I think it would be better for new players to enter a dynamic, exciting server where established clans and players are already at war and starting their empire building, instead of carebearing, hoping for Notes on Rudder Angles to drop. There are alway newer players who are playing catch up anyway. I'm glad we are at release. This limbo state is frustrating and saps enthusiasm. The prospect of more book grind, I get tired just thinking about it. People are all tested out and want to start playing the game for real finally.  New clans will be forming and recruiting, youtube vids and twitch streams will pick up, it all creates a buzz and not having to worry about books leaves us all with a bit more energy to get the most important aspect of the game going again and that's a dynamic, enthusiastic community.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Routan said:

Think also admin once talked abouth a NA Europe and Mediterian. But guess they will depend on the succes of this, unless they make it a single player game.

Admin doesn't seem to understand how "success" is achieved in 2019. 

Watch the Subnautica GDC post-mortem to see how Early Access games should be managed.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Tenet said:

Admin doesn't seem to understand how "success" is achieved in 2019. 

Watch the Subnautica GDC post-mortem to see how Early Access games should be managed.

Great video! Some good learning points in there for NA devs!

• Like 2

In my opinion, given the last happenings, this fast (I'd say hurry) launch sounds like a "finally we will be done in developing this game and, therefore, in fighting with this horrible and unforgiving playerbase, so that we can focus on new things".

After several thousands hour of testing both in PVP and PVE I can therefore give my final opinion: this game - in PVP server - actualy had a moment when it really shined (more or less a year and half ago), now it's too grindy, empty and not so fun. PVE server it's quite relaxing if you like the kind, even if there is not much content.

One last suggestion to devs for PVP server: reduce the grind and/or save something more from wipe (namely xp and crafting xp) or you will and up with a 400 players server

One last suggestion for PVE server: do not wipe anything or you will end up with a 20 players server

So basically: bye bye and good game (also good luck) to the ones that will decide to go on after launch.

Edited by toblerone
  • Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

It will be ok or not,  just enjoy game wait see what happens.

I feel some people here not welcome at weddings,  would tell bride and groom they look forward to divorce. 😂

Maybe all not perfect, but not enjoy game play other game.  Go play Path of Exile, pokemon go or whatever get fun from.

Being Jonah and predicting doom is fun?

Also tried Path of Exile and was not as great as guy says, I thought was boring play perhaps 1 hour.

Edited by Doh

If I was operating in good faith, I would use this opportunity to speak directly with the community and rally it towards an optimistic goal, 

I would also make a very clear statement about the financial status of the project and it's intended longevity - to build up confidence in people who are hesitant to recommend a $40 purchase to those that consider it from watching Twitch/DLive streaming or learn about it from Steam.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Macjimm said:

Yeah, but we may be playing a finished game with the threat of future periodic wipes.

Personally i think we will see more map and ressource wipes incoming. I can´t imagine every loophole, exploit, bug or however you call it will be closed just because game is released.

For me It is nothing more than a patch hitting the server like it happened already in the past and probably will happen in the future aswell.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2019 at 4:00 AM, PaladinFX said:

Great video! Some good learning points in there for NA devs!

i honestly hope they don't. there are more than enough big companies churning out skinner boxes with efficient 'asset reuse' like poe. which is all fine and good for you if you like that, but it was always my impression that gamelabs was on a different slope, which is a rarity i truly appreciate. i wouldn't be here if they weren't. actually, they couldn't even start to compete on that league, and good so. if gamelabs is fine with it, i'm more than happy with 500-1000 players online on a niche, and quite unique, game. 

to be clear: that talk sounds like a huge load of crap to me :D. do you realize that that guy is just talking about monetization, not game design? with all due respect to the initial poe developers, let tencent keep milking their horde of minions, i couldn't care less since i uninstalled poe 2h into the game, i didn't need yet another diablo clone a decade late... but, hey! with microtransactions! oh, kids ... (and i had been a huge diablo and diablo2 fan).