Game-Labs Forum

Naval Action Launch information - June 2019

It has been almost A year for me in this game testing ,I hope everyone reflects on situations of success and failure and thet the Compromise of indeminities created will provide some smooth sailing in the future.not everything is a reflection of ourselves but the world around us and people we choose to associate ourselves with,albeit lengthy failures at sea and squashed dreams by bigger fish will always be the deepest sailor.

Can we have a pirate thread at release:)?

Edited by MacaroniMax

Very optimistic launch date. I don't want to be the negative one but in all fairness the game was more stable and better balanced pre structure wipe/patch 2 years ago. How can you know the last patches will solve current issues without testing them? Maybe I am wrong and most likely I have no idea what the vast majority of people want but IMHO the combat system is completely broken and requires major tweaking and testing before release. Call me a pessimistic but I don't think it can be solved in a month. I could go into more details of flaws in combat I see but I guess the majority of them could be solved by removing all mods. Since mods make the game interesting there needs to be tweaking. Simply nerfing them all is something we have never tested. In the past yes but with 10x fewer mods ingame. 

• Like 18

Congrat devs! but we have a problem in this moment:

NEW PORT BONUS:  1st rate saling to 14.5 nd…… 2nd rate sailing to 15 nd…..  3rd rates sailing to 15.5 nd...…

Is not very goog all ships sailing to 15 nd

Is possible the following or similar:

1st rate max speed = 12 nd

2nd rate max = 12.5 nd

3rd rate max = 13 nd

4th rate max = 14 nd

5th rate 15.5 nd

Edited by neogiuliani
  • Like 5

Great news. So looking forward to this! 

However their will still be periodic world map port wipes right? But not XP wipes?

P.S. It would be really great to get a PR campaign going with paid youtubers and advertisements hyping the game to get the community back for release and anybody new in the bag.

• Like 1

still need small R-zone for the newbees just around the Capitals)…. you buy the game and are just learning how to turn left and right . and bang a 1st rate tricked out ship ganks you …. after a few times of trying they will move on ...

• Like 4

3 hours ago, gus said:

still need small R-zone for the newbees just around the Capitals)…. you buy the game and are just learning how to turn left and right . and bang a 1st rate tricked out ship ganks you …. after a few times of trying they will move on ...

Not that I disagree but if you are a newbie, you are going to be in a small ship that can easily get away from a first rate. New players that hop into undercrewed SOLs are asking for trouble.  

Congrats on leaving EA! Personally, I don’t feel the game is ready for release. Mods, books, crafting bonuses all need balancing (personally I would get rid of them all but that’s me). 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, gus said:

Prepare for the merciless farming. 

• Like 1

Congrats Admin on the launch announcement!

I personally am returning after a long break due to the news, and am having fun trying out the new damage model and getting slots up on the Pandora. 

I hope there is an advertising push or something to get the word out about the game release.

11 hours ago, Doug Maoz said:

and getting slots up on the Pandora. 

You do realize that the current plan is for all XP to be wiped at launch including ship slots, so spending a lot of time grinding slots now is pointless.

2 minutes ago, Archaos said:

You do realize that the current plan is for all XP to be wiped at launch including ship slots, so spending a lot of time grinding slots now is pointless.

wasn't the current plan that rank and crafting xp get wiped but ship knowledge will stay? or was it only the learned books and not the slots... or was it changed again? :D

2 minutes ago, Tom Farseer said:

wasn't the current plan that rank and crafting xp get wiped but ship knowledge will stay? or was it only the learned books and not the slots... or was it changed again? :D

I thought the latest was that you would keep book knowledge but not ship slots. Maybe the Devs can confirm.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Archaos said:

I thought the latest was that you would keep book knowledge but not ship slots. Maybe the Devs can confirm.

Yes, it would be nice with a statement from the devs about the extent of the wipe (if there is to be one at all).

On 5/27/2019 at 11:00 AM, admin said:

Hello Captains

We are undergoing finalization of the last couple of patches and notices and are doing the stress testing of the game infrastructure to support a smooth launch of the game. 

This means that release day is going to happen in June 2019 within 30 days from today.

This all will not happen without you. Thank you each and everyone for support, positive feedback and criticism that is making the game better and better every day. 

More information will follow. 

PvE Needs Port Mechanics! There are many ways to implement this without hostility/toxicity! 

For PvE - these ideas/options can be implemented together or separately:

1. Port Upgrades are Clan-Exclusive by default - no other player and no other clan is affected. They must build their own upgrades/investments. New players must repeat the process from nothing. 

2. Achievement based Port Upgrades - to access and build or use upgrades, each player must perform a set of difficult achievements / battles / trades, etc.

3. Port Maintenance Fee - every clan owned port costs them a lot of money to maintain, that cost goes 10x if they decide to open the port for other players, and they can't change status for a week at a time. 

4. Port Invasions by NPC - every clan owned port gets invaded by increasingly stronger NPC fleets. Each attack requires more players to defend. Eventually, after several weeks, the NPC attack is too strong and the port upgrades get damage or partially removed, requiring new investment. This means that clan ports that don't get defended by many in the community will eventually clear out. 

4.5 Only people that participate in Defenses can use the port upgrades (if they show up every other attack at least, and bring a ship of the appropriate rate). 

5. On PvE exclusively the Line-Ship Elites have a new item reward: Port Resource Pack:

a) Option 1: Port Resource Pack allows you to set Port Bonus exactly like in invested port for your Next Ship. 

b) Option 2: Port Resource Pack allows your clan to maintain invested Port for one day. Each clan port starts out with resources for 7 days. This means that inactive clans that do not hunt down Line Ship Elites will eventually have their investments removed. 

You have many options to do things that will give access to PvE players to mechanics you worked hard to create!

Do something. PvE players are also paying customers! 

• Like 5

Hope you have some surprises for us in your bag, even if i enjoyed this game for 1000+ hours (maybe 2000), and can still enjoy it somewhat, the game as it is at the moment is far from in good shape, and even more, not the best version i can think of (apart for ui & localisation).

Good luck anyway and thanks for your work.

Ps: Don't forget to add some paints in the painter dlc, after most of the ships concerned got removed behind rare permits i feel pretty scammed.

Edited by Baptiste Gallouédec
  • Like 1

Congratulations!!!  Can't believe it, looking forward to it! 😎

On 5/28/2019 at 1:54 AM, Rex Maris said:

I coudnt remmember how many times i heard this game would never come out. But i always kept hope. May he have a long life and never stop perfecting. 

Amen. 😎

On 5/27/2019 at 5:38 PM, Admiral Olsen said:

Please read this:

I want to see this promise kept!

Should all be wiped so everyone starts fresh like any new players.  Your experience in play testing and having survived wipes and resets over the years will be your edge over new players.  To think that this won't happen is a bit naive, but good luck with that...

3 hours ago, Tenet said:

PvE Needs Port Mechanics! There are many ways to implement this without hostility/toxicity! 

For PvE - these ideas/options can be implemented together or separately:

1. Port Upgrades are Clan-Exclusive by default - no other player and no other clan is affected. They must build their own upgrades/investments. New players must repeat the process from nothing. 

2. Achievement based Port Upgrades - to access and build or use upgrades, each player must perform a set of difficult achievements / battles / trades, etc.

3. Port Maintenance Fee - every clan owned port costs them a lot of money to maintain, that cost goes 10x if they decide to open the port for other players, and they can't change status for a week at a time. 

4. Port Invasions by NPC - every clan owned port gets invaded by increasingly stronger NPC fleets. Each attack requires more players to defend. Eventually, after several weeks, the NPC attack is too strong and the port upgrades get damage or partially removed, requiring new investment. This means that clan ports that don't get defended by many in the community will eventually clear out. 

4.5 Only people that participate in Defenses can use the port upgrades (if they show up every other attack at least, and bring a ship of the appropriate rate). 

5. On PvE exclusively the Line-Ship Elites have a new item reward: Port Resource Pack:

a) Option 1: Port Resource Pack allows you to set Port Bonus exactly like in invested port for your Next Ship. 

b) Option 2: Port Resource Pack allows your clan to maintain invested Port for one day. Each clan port starts out with resources for 7 days. This means that inactive clans that do not hunt down Line Ship Elites will eventually have their investments removed. 

You have many options to do things that will give access to PvE players to mechanics you worked hard to create!

Do something. PvE players are also paying customers! 

Agreed, at this current time, PvE is falling behind and from what i remember Admin did mention that there will be no significant changes on the PvE Server.

This would be a mistake, as a small amount of the current community goes to PvE for relaxation and having fun killing NPC's with friends. 

On a different note, please give PvE Server the GROUP JOIN mechanics for battles, its painful to tag say a 3rd rate + 3 fleet or +5, and you're buddy's don't get the same starting possibility as you, instead they have to join the "Combat Circle" <--- This has already been implemented on the PvP server, where as if u are a group of X amount of players, what ever you tag, (within the circle) the group members gets dragged inn. This is a feature that is direly needed.

I totally agree on how Port Bonuses is still un-balanced in a way, but leaving out the PvE server when they 2 are your customers/players. Is quite frankly wrong, in case you guys haven't checked recently, PvE player base has slowly built up to a stable 80 - 120 player on average a day, as PvP is at 300 - 650 (some days even 700 players!) 

Please do not leave out your players on the PvE Server.

• Like 4

Once again, I am speechless. I cannot congratulate you for this product feels unfinished AF and I cannot see how 30 last minute days of developement will change anything at current state of the game. As always, speaking from a PvE perspective.

6 hours ago, CaptainCaveMan said:

Should all be wiped so everyone starts fresh like any new players.  Your experience in play testing and having survived wipes and resets over the years will be your edge over new players.  To think that this won't happen is a bit naive, but good luck with that...

It's very simple. His inability to give a valid and definitive statement on things like a PvE wipe and his sarcastic posts left many players in doubt. If a PvE wipe occurs, I am pretty sure the pop will drop significantly, and the reviews will be merciless. If you want a healthy and helping community, then give something valuable for your vets. Time spent is something quite valuable. And if someone wants to have a fresh start he can still choose to delete his account and start over.

• Like 6