Game-Labs Forum

Naval Action Launch information - June 2019

3 hours ago, admin said:

Hello Captains

We are undergoing finalization of the last couple of patches and notices and are doing the stress testing of the game infrastructure to support a smooth launch of the game. 

u plan to open more servers eventually?

Good job, and good luck.

I am really disappointed if this game gets released with same ROE / Port Bonus System / Rotten Trading except Cargo and Pax missions / unbalanced building costs (shallow/port bonus/no port bonus shipyards all costing same money) and many other things, including the flat, boring XP grind which even became more grinding with latest ranks !

Edited by AeRoTR
  • Like 4

Been with this since 2015. Many, many changes, many different points of view on how "it should be" , now we are on the threshold of the release. The game today I feel has evolved into the best combination of all the different directions it went through during the growing pains of development. Survived three wipes and came into a different world each time, I can do it again, LOL.

Thank you Devs for all you have accomplished, thank you for allowing people like me the opportunity to play, test, bitch about what was going on and still stay true to your intent for the game. This a fantastic game and hope for longevity. 

Congratulations for a great job,

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Simon Cadete said:

Just curious but what’s going to happen on the day it gets “released”?

Whats going to be different from now?

Just trying to understand everybody’s optimism 

People can actually start playing it?, alot of people don't want to craft/trade etc or do port battles for that matter because they know wipe is coming.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, de Veenboer said:

People can actually start playing it?, alot of people don't want to craft/trade etc or do port battles for that matter because they know wipe is coming.

ppl make of it what they will. pbs and pvp still happening. not as frequently, but what else are we gonna do with our ships? we either lose them in battle, or lose them to a wipe. most of us would rather do so while having fun in a battle.

4 minutes ago, van der Decken said:

ppl make of it what they will. pbs and pvp still happening. not as frequently, but what else are we gonna do with our ships? we either lose them in battle, or lose them to a wipe. most of us would rather do so while having fun in a battle.

Yes I agree with that... hmm?. Sorry I don't understand your reply. I understand the wordings but not what it's about.

Edited by de Veenboer

Great to see the game finally heading to launch, congrats!

My biggest worries are finding consistent PvP and revenge fleets. 

I also hope that this means you guys may soon circle back to NA legends. I think the combat in this game is too good not to be made into a arena game.Many epic fights could be had. 😀

• Like 1

Will there be another wipe after release?  Or will the wipe at release be the final one?

It would be nice to know that after the game is released we can count on keeping what we achieve.  Or if it could be removed.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Macjimm said:

Will there be another wipe after release?  Or will the wipe at release be the final one?

It would be nice to know that after the game is released we can count on keeping what we achieve.  Or if it could be removed.

Please read this:

I want to see this promise kept!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Admiral Olsen said:

Please read this:

I want to see this promise kept!

What promise are you referring to there Olsen?  I don't see any promises.   Just information and intentions.   The link you provided has 34 pages.

On the OP (of the link you provided) the Admin explained  some stuff that would remain unaffected on the first wipe.

But I see no promises, or intentions, regarding after release of the game.

2 minutes ago, Macjimm said:

What promise are you referring to there Olsen?  I don't see any promises.   Just information and intentions.   The link you provided has 34 pages.

On the OP (of the link you provided) the Admin explained  some stuff that would remain unaffected on the first wipe.

But I see no promises, or intentions, regarding after release of the game.

Read again:

There will be no launch wipes on the PVE/Peace server as promised. there is no conflict, no grief, only eternal peace. Only pre-release testing resets will be done on Peace server

I coudnt remmember how many times i heard this game would never come out. But i always kept hope. May he have a long life and never stop perfecting.  Having said that i think u have a lot of work this month. The Ia are still so cowards and when i fight a Big fleet their almirant still prefer go to the beach and abandon the ships XD. The circles of the batles work bad when u want to join and still appear in land. When someone join a Battle dont Warn u with a Big lag, is shabby. There are lot of things that can be better. i know that the ones i have put are not the most important. They are just an example. I hope the Game dont stop improving after release. Thanks for make my Dream Game come true. Good winds.

Extremely happy to hear that Release is fast approaching; really hoping for a good solid increase to the player base.

However, one request:

If there is a subject that would create goodwill and a happy player base at release it is Ship Knowledge and learned Knowledge Books. Please let us keep these as a Thank You to the testing community.

Edited by PaladinFX
  • Like 3

Great job on finally setting a release date goal! Whatever criticisms we still have at this point, I hope you understand that this game is still more unique and interesting than 99% of all other games out there. Your hard work and inginuity is more appreciated than you probably know!  

That being said, I do have some final/lingering hopes for pre-release adjustments. Sorry if they are just an echo of what everyone else is already saying.

(1) Ajdust the numbers to make port-to-port trading actually worthwhile again. As something that requires risk, planning, investment, and time (all of the 'big four') to be successful, trading goods between ports should be among the most lucrative activities in this game (along with PvP and port ownership). Plus it puts more heavy trade ships like Indiamen in the water, which means more (and more varied) opportunities forsolo/small-group PvP. At the very least port-to-port trading should pay off more than 'missions' which require nothing but a basic ship and the time it takes to travel between ports.

(2) Fix or do away with port bonuses. Port bonuses on top of box upgrades on top of books on top of woods is just overkill. Not only are fights between same-class ships more unbalanced than ever, but I must admit it is a little overwhelming these days just to keep track of it all. It feels like I need a spreadsheet in front of me just to shop for a ship these days. Keep it simple, keep it balanced, keep it fun!

(3) Axe the 20-minute engagement window for the 'weaker' side in open-world pvp battles. 3-5 minute windows for both sides is more than enough time to rally nearby cavalry, and ships parked in port shouldn't be able to respond to a request for help from an active battle on the open sea. Besides, why even try to balance them in the first place? Good open-world tactics and planning and risk should be rewarded. Please end this failed experiment, or at least save such silly/patronizing/artificial 'balancing' measures for special circumstances such as patrol zones or duels where both sides are actually seeking a 'fair' fight.

Edited by Unfathomable
typo
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Father of Dragons said:

u plan to open more servers eventually?

Unless we get over 1k people playing there is no reason for other servers.  Let’s see how many return first.  Though I do think it needs to be put I. A more bterrr location for the majority of the players and down time made so SEA players can play during there prime time.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Unless we get over 1k people playing there is no reason for other servers.  Let’s see how many return first.  Though I do think it needs to be put I. A more bterrr location for the majority of the players and down time made so SEA players can play during there prime time.  

exactly. Dont need to make the mistake of spending money carelessly again until a need arises. Focus on small additions to the game at a more gradual pace.

• Like 2