Game-Labs Forum

Rattvisan feedback

On 4/6/2019 at 7:04 AM, Sovereign said:

From the comments in this thread and what I heard, it seems she is fairly balanced but the main issue remains... she is free once every 24h, while crafting SOL is more expensive / difficult than ever if you want the best woods. Just imagine yourself in some crafted purple or gold 4th rate being chased and sunk by 5 Rattvisan and their 30 bow chasers, while they risk literally nothing. 

My new and permanent home are the shallows.

That is why dlc should only give you blue 3/5 with perk.  Anything better has to be crafted by a player.

• Like 4

I've had a few battles in the Ratt; most notably a couple of solo Wasas and a 3rd Rate. 

I LOVE this ship!

Decent speed, excellent turn, good punch - as yet I only have one deck loaded with Longs, the rest with Meds (with carros at the stern).

Relatively good crew protection and angle armour.

And - as previously noted - she looks GREAT. 

(Though a Swiss Guard would look REALLY good on it, you know? ;) )

• Like 1

I’m more worried about the first 2-3 days after release for a push by clans spamming Rattivan to conquer the most strategic port and gaining monopoly on rare woods and the like while others are still sailling crappy oak-oak frigates.

I recall the 2017 wipe and how the first clans or nations to build a few lineships made easy landgrab and dominated the map for a long while. Now imagine if you don’t even need a proper econ to spam those lineships.

Edited by Serk
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, LeopoldRNN said:

That may not be posssible , with the new random shifting rare wood forest feature

At 50 000 dubs for 5k woods? Good luck getting that amount in 3 days, + those needed for your lvl 3 shipyard if you plan to use aggies to fight those instant lineships.

Edited by Serk
  • Like 2

Port importance for clans and rare resource spawns

• Changes to rare woods spawns and access
    • Rare woods resources now only have limited trading spawns in the Carribean.
    • Rare woods forests can now randomly spawn somewhere in the Caribbean in limited quantities. (can be fully exhausted)
    • These rare woods now can be received by clans using delivery missions
    • Сlans and clans on their allies list have access to these missions
    • Getting rare woods by using missions reduces their supply. One supply is fully cut down the forest will spawn elsewhere in another port. 
    • Rare woods are: Live oak, white oak, bermuda cedar, teak, mahogany, caguarian, sabicu.

8 hours ago, Serk said:

I’m more worried about the first 2-3 days after release for a push by clans spamming Rattivan to conquer the most strategic port and gaining monopoly on rare woods and the like while others are still sailling crappy oak-oak frigates.

I recall the 2017 wipe and how the first clans or nations to build a few lineships made easy landgrab and dominated the map for a long while. Now imagine if you don’t even need a proper econ to spam those lineships.

You still got to level up to crew her remember and not every one will want to pay to own her up front.

13 hours ago, Serk said:

Oh you're just realizing that now eh? :P

people been doing that since day 1 of requin and hercules, but since it is shallows i guess it won't matter. After wipe shallows will just be dlc hell too.

it's fun when deep water finally gets broken and people are now upset. But then again Serk, i think you'll be fine knowing where you are. goods are aplenty.

5 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

You still got to level up to crew her remember and not every one will want to pay to own her up front.

You underestimate how many people have bought the ship and I fear you'll be surprised.

24 hour redeemable 4th rate - where only the aggie is considered better by meta folks...we are already off to a "great" start.

Look the ship is balanced on just fighting in battle instances - but you swing your view to proper MMO economy 101 and then you realizing how broken this is.

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 6

27 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

Oh you're just realizing that now eh? :P

people been doing that since day 1 of requin and hercules, but since it is shallows i guess it won't matter. After wipe shallows will just be dlc hell too.

it's fun when deep water finally gets broken and people are now upset. But then again Serk, i think you'll be fine knowing where you are. goods are aplenty.

You underestimate how many people have bought the ship and I fear you'll be surprised.

24 hour redeemable 4th rate - where only the aggie is considered better by meta folks...we are already off to a "great" start.

Look the ship is balanced on just fighting in battle instances - but you swing your view to proper MMO economy 101 and then you realizing how broken this is.

In 1750, the real Le Requin was already a DLC : French did not know how to craft xebecs, so they paid Majorcan shipbuilders to get a couple, big ones with lots of guns and crew. Believe me, they were really OP in the Mediterranean. And at that time, nobody ever complained, not even the 'filthy' British ! ('filthy' is for RP 😉)

I know that was another time...

• Like 5

Just did a PVP against Aga ( teak /white vs teak/white ) in pure broadsite Aga is better but the 6 are just perfect with chains 😍 so you slow down his manoevers .

For me its a very balanced ship, Its a good tool for Captains who can play only 1-2 hours /day .

52 minutes ago, LeBoiteux said:

In 1750, the real Le Requin was already a DLC : French did not know how to craft xebecs, so they paid Majorcan shipbuilders to get a couple, big ones with lots of guns and crew. Believe me, they were really OP in the Mediterranean. And at that time, nobody ever complained, not even the 'filthy' British ! ('filthy' is for RP 😉)

I know that was another time...

You just took it to a new level, bud.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, captain smile said:

For me its a very balanced ship, Its a good tool for Captains who can play only 1-2 hours /day .

It's great for those players. And it's a gamebreaker in the hands of hardcore RvR clans.

• Like 6

More feedback on the Rattvisan. :D

Just for fun, I recorded a fight in the patrol zone between myself and an AI Wasa. Poor quality unfortunately - just a Twitch video. I'm no good at making films in NA (Tips would be great lol - some of your vids are AWESOME!)

At any rate she's tough, capable, a confident fighter and easily the match of any Class 3 ship.

Enjoy:

• Like 2

On 4/6/2019 at 7:04 AM, Sovereign said:

From the comments in this thread and what I heard, it seems she is fairly balanced but the main issue remains... she is free once every 24h, while crafting SOL is more expensive / difficult than ever if you want the best woods. Just imagine yourself in some crafted purple or gold 4th rate being chased and sunk by 5 Rattvisan and their 30 bow chasers, while they risk literally nothing. 

My new and permanent home are the shallows.

Not only are the DLC skippers literally risking nothing more than the cost of their mods and guns, they are GAURANTEED to eventually get a gold ship.  All they have to do is take any inferior "regular" or purple DLC ship out and get it sunk every day until they get the gold ship with the regional refit/trim they really want.  The potential expense for a crafter to roll the RNG crafting dice to do the same thing is potentially astronomical not to mention all the time spent acquiring all of the resources and permits necessary to craft the same ship over and over and over and over again for however many times they have to craft it to get a gold ship.  The DLC owner doesn't have to invest any more time that it takes to take their ship out to attack an ai target to have it kill their ship so they can replace it the next day.

[edit] This issue makes it even more crucial for the developers to finally put an end to the stupid RNG crafting.  Let DLC ships be subject to the whims of the RNG gods.  But crafting should be the result of NOTHING more than the skills and expense invested into the process of crafting a ship.  Nobody ever accidentally built a ship with a hull that was 36 inches thick instead of 32 inches.  Nobody ever accidentally built a ship that had an extra birthing compartment so it could carry more crew.  Nobody ever accidentally built a ship with masts 90 inches around instead of 80 inches around.  Put an end to the stupid RNG crafting.  Reward crafters for the time and effort and expense they put into crafting.  Let DLC owners and ONLY DLC owners be the victims or winner in the RNG God's crap shoot.  Well, them and people who get a note from a wreck.

Edited by Bull Hull
New thoughts
  • Like 7

12 hours ago, Bull Hull said:

Not only are the DLC skippers literally risking nothing more than the cost of their mods and guns, they are GAURANTEED to eventually get a gold ship.  All they have to do is take any inferior "regular" or purple DLC ship out and get it sunk every day until they get the gold ship with the regional refit/trim they really want.  The potential expense for a crafter to roll the RNG crafting dice to do the same thing is potentially astronomical not to mention all the time spent acquiring all of the resources and permits necessary to craft the same ship over and over and over and over again for however many times they have to craft it to get a gold ship.  The DLC owner doesn't have to invest any more time that it takes to take their ship out to attack an ai target to have it kill their ship so they can replace it the next day.

[edit] This issue makes it even more crucial for the developers to finally put an end to the stupid RNG crafting.  Let DLC ships be subject to the whims of the RNG gods.  But crafting should be the result of NOTHING more than the skills and expense invested into the process of crafting a ship.  Nobody ever accidentally built a ship with a hull that was 36 inches thick instead of 32 inches.  Nobody ever accidentally built a ship that had an extra birthing compartment so it could carry more crew.  Nobody ever accidentally built a ship with masts 90 inches around instead of 80 inches around.  Put an end to the stupid RNG crafting.  Reward crafters for the time and effort and expense they put into crafting.  Let DLC owners and ONLY DLC owners be the victims or winner in the RNG God's crap shoot.

I am sure %99 of veteran players will agree on this, except @admin assuming he is playing the game :) 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have purchased this DLC and my initial view of it is very favorable!!!

The 6 bow chasers are invaluable in coast guard duties. I used it to assist in running down some Pirates (one in a Bellona and one in another Ratt) this last weekend. It’s reasonably tough and well armed. It has good handling and speed although it’s a bit of a dog into the wind and turning through the wind with a tougher, less lighter build.

Its also a very good looking ship!! Well done on the model and art work!!!

Thanks devs!!

• 2 weeks later...

Just trying it out.  It seems ok punch power.   Somewhat maneuverable but has trouble going through the wind without reversing heavily.  This is true, even at full speed it loses speed incredibly fast. 

With the new crafting bonus system the system of redeeming this ship and all DLC ships should change, too. It should be possible to redeem a Rättvisan note that could be converted without crafting that will lead to a ship without port bonus and a Rättvisan permit that could be used to craft a ship (requiring all crafting assets) that will lead to a ship with port bonus. 

Without that the Rätt feels to weak.

Edited by Sir Loorkon
  • Like 2