Game-Labs Forum

Forthcoming patch info

6 minutes ago, Routan said:

Well they may end up rather usless in Pb. Admin said last week that all permit ships will get a buff. Depend on the buff, the dlc ships  might actually end up useless when we know there BR for pb’s. How much will a herc be worth in Nassau PZ if all the permit ships get s buff of 25%?

That said I do understand ppls outrage.

DLC's should also only give you 3/5 ships, we should only be able to get better ships through physically crafting them.  Admirilitry shop ships should have the same limit too.  You can only get 3/5 ships from notes.  To get anything better the ship should be crafted in game by a player.  Thus keeping DLC/Notes not better than what can be crafted.  Some Notes/DLC should have in game BP's allowed. This is prob the best way to balance the P2W wall between these ships and the guys that don't want to pay for ships with real money.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hethwill said:

Players that do not want to bother with crafting always welcome "ships on demand" options, so no surprise they welcome more DLC options.

BTW, rank 3 for game purposes is not the same as ship of the line 4th rate. I think everyone might be a bit confuses with the ranks at the present.

Game rank =/= RN rank

Ok then looks like a lot of work to be done based on the games rate system not historical, victory needs to be 2nd rate then as can't compete with ocean or santi, next renommee and belle poule need to be lowered to 6th rates same reason, but this in its self is stupid so we're basically just making it up as we go along not exactly the basis we were all sold on when we came on this journey. I just find it fascinating the level of rubbish that is getting chewed out and feeling like no thinking is going into these rash decisions, there are some great things announced coming soon but it seems ships are a huge problem in this game as the devs just don't know what they wanna do, leaves a very bad taste 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

That cause it's a freaking third rate no matter how you put it, a duck is still a duck.

No not really - hull structure close and length yes but everything else not so much. IRL no captain would have fought the Connie vs a 74, she was designed to run from them not fight one. Broadside weight may be closer in game but Bellona is firing far more weight in long guns for example. In game sure 4th rate makes sense, but not 3rd. 

14 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

It's not Casuals that buy the DLC, it's the hard core PvP players that do.  Most casuals don't want to spend a lot on a game.  They just want to pop in play and have some fun and get there 40 bucks worth.

Please provide statistics that confirm that.

Those who buy are those who have the capacity (money), in particular those who work and don't have much time to grind, craft, collect, etc. and spend time in game and thus prefer to buy DLC.

I mean look at guys like me.  5 accounts worth about 250 dollars and I have about another 250 dollars in DLC content. I have over 9K hours in this game (mainly cause I wasn't working for a year and half) and I'm far from what one would call a casual.  Most my alts have over 4K hours.   We are the ones buying up the DLC content not the casuals and newbs.

'I mean look at' me. 1 account.. Casual. buying DLCs.

Edited by LeBoiteux
  • Like 2

Retvizan (Russian: Ретвизан) was a wooden-hulled, steam-powered, 84-gun third-rate ship of the line built for the Imperial Russian Navyin the 1850s. The ship served with the Baltic Fleet until she was stricken from the Navy Listin 1880. During that time she was deployed in the Mediterranean for two years. Her engine was removed in 1863 and Retvizan became a training ship in 1874.

4 minutes ago, Thomas Fremantle said:

Retvizan (Russian: Ретвизан) was a wooden-hulled, steam-powered, 84-gun third-rate ship of the line built for the Imperial Russian Navyin the 1850s. The ship served with the Baltic Fleet until she was stricken from the Navy Listin 1880. During that time she was deployed in the Mediterranean for two years. Her engine was removed in 1863 and Retvizan became a training ship in 1874.

Wrong ship, like with humans names can be used over and over and over.  There are many ships that has had that name.  The one in game is a Swedish ship (think it was captured from Russia or the other way around).   The one you mention is past the 1700-1820 game time frame.

11 minutes ago, LeBoiteux said:

Please provide statistics that confirm that.

Those who buy are those who have the capacity (money), in particular those who work and don't have much time to grind, craft, collect, etc. and spend time in game and thus prefer to buy DLC.

I mean look at me. 1 account. Casual. buying DLCs.

When you go to do a shallow port battle and have over 20+ players that showed up and only a few have the DLC ships which are you hard core PvP players, while none of the casuals have bought them cause I quote, "I'm not buying a ship just to do port battles."  It's called real world expeirence.  That was what you heard most of the US port battles and screenings when trying to set up to do things.  Now the guys left actively playing have them for the most part is around 50/50, but we can't get 20+ players to show up for a PB, at most around 10.   Even than less than 25% of those have DLC's ships when you ask who has them.  That is why I'm normally taking the slot of LRQ cause not every one has it in our nation.

As for you being casuals?  You prob not as casuals as you think you are.   Casuals are guys that only log on 2-4 hours a week.  How much time you spend in this game daily/weekly?

As for you being casuals?  You prob not as casuals as you think you are.   Casuals are guys that only log on 2-4 hours a week.  How much time you spend in this game daily/weekly?

Some weeks I play more (<15hrs), some weeks I play less but I'm a casual according to your standards if I divise my playing hours by the numbers of years since I bought the game (late 2015!).

Edited by LeBoiteux

3 hours ago, Teutonic said:

didn't learn a thing since the Requin I see

Maybe didn't learn but certainly did make quite a bit of cash... 

Admin reading complains about DLC ships be like:

Bn0QB9kCYAASqdH.jpg

I only hope the game will be worth buying them all, at some point in the future. Pay2win is a concept that works only in free2play games, not one that depends on steam rating and has 40$ base price... I'm actually concerned this will turn into a quick cash grab more than a excellent mmo with a bright future.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, McKillen said:

image.png.3f483fe2ab5871354a2104abdbac6a73.pngimage.png.5879bc1ebb6d73c021ced3d9077a77fc.png

That's all your honour.

sorry to pop you bubble but we never considered 4th rates lineships. In fact the expclicit promise was to not have premium 3rd rates and above.
Here is the post mentioning this in 2015 but i cannot find the original post yet.

Regarding Wasa class
Wasa is a 4th rate (its in your threedecks link too). Wasa we have in game is not Wasa, its  Chronprins Gustav Adolf (its written on the stern) and it will be renamed before release.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, admin said:

Regarding Wasa class
Wasa is a 4th rate (its in your threedecks link too). Wasa we have in game is not Wasa, its  Chronprins Gustav Adolf (its written on the stern) and it will be renamed before release.

Hmhm, threedecks....

Wasa draught says 60 gun ship, Gustav Adolph-class (Rättvisan) draught says 60 gun ship. The latter were only 4' longer anyway.

Edited by Malachi
  • Like 1

I do not have a problem with a 3th or 4th rate DLC ship, why not (yes ok I also bought the Tirpitz in WOW because I did not feel like forever exp for the Bismarck 😉 )

However, one should then return to the old Eco system with the rare woods. Hard to get at the moment and with the DLC I'm making a Live Oak / White Oak with one click.

I'm always looking forward to the new ships

(sorry for Google translate 😉 )

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, admin said:

Wasa is a 4th rate. Rättvisan is not! What is so hard to understand about that? Not trying to piss you off, but you have to realise what you are doing to whatever remains of the communities trust in you!

Edited by Tom Farseer
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, admin said:

sorry to pop you bubble but we never considered 4th rates lineships. In fact the expclicit promise was 3rd rates and above.
Here is the post mentioning this in 2015 but i cannot find the original post yet.

Regarding Wasa class

I still think you should of named it Gustav Adolf for the 3rd and Had the lessers Wasa at 4th.  More ships is always better, than just have one a note special event and the other BP craftable.  Well honestly all ships should be craftable.  We should be able to buy the BP's and craft them if we don't want to just buy notes.

1 minute ago, admin said:

additional info (also confirms only 3rd rates and above)

[...]

still looking for older posts but forum software does not allow to search so far in activity, 
i am sure some historians and internet laywers like @Banished Privateer can find more and post here saving my time ;)

You are missing the point, mate... Rättvisan is de facto a 3rd rate. End of story^^

4 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

Must be mighty convenient to say that a ship is not a ship but another ship....so long as it proves my point.

So the wasa is not the wasa...even though it has been the wasa since it came in the game.

Funny how that seems to work.

Maybe you can read the letters on the stern and check for yourself. I have heard it says Gustav Adolf

Wasa class had multiple ships in it and several of them were called 3rd rates by three decks and several are called 4th rates. We made the mistake using that website and made wasa 4th rate first.. Then we nerfed it.. then it was found that chronprins was a 3rd rate (but wasa was not). So it was reclassed. 
I do not know how to explain. It not funny because of that mistake we had to make wasa again, but we found a better sounding name in that class group. Rettvizan sounds better than both adolf and wasa.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tom Farseer said:

You are missing the point, mate... Rättvisan is de facto a 3rd rate. End of story^^

You have to write it again