Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
admin

Forthcoming patch info

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Pirate78 said:

62/64-gun Rattvisan 1783 was taken by Russians in 1790.

fu***g Russians he take dls ship for use  5 rate frigate Venum.        cheaters!!!!😁😁

p/s Russian flit in 1783 - 90% (fir/fir) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Archaos said:

so please stop using this as an argument.

Feel free to disregard it, but it's how I'm going to play this sandbox: Get things dirt cheap, I'll even be able to pay for provisions if that's an important point for you, craft ship, lose it and get almost everything back. I'll also use my future prems, but they'll cost me more reals upon loss. I have to disregard LH because they're thrown at me every day in greater quantities then I'm able to spend.

It's not a tricksy argument; It's what I'm doing right now and will be doing going forward. Crafted ships are cheaper for me to lose than premiums.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now I can see why people stop even trying to put logic to their arguments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, toblerone said:

actually he was not. The Essex sold by the IA in the shop has been created with zero cost and efforts and can be made available in potentially endless numbers, while real world goods are created with costs, time and effort and in limited numners. That's the reason why some theories and economic models may work in games but not so much in real world.

Getting back to the game, what I said before means that the crafted Essex - which has been created with actual costs, time and effort by a player - reflects the actual value of the ship in the game much than the same ship sold in IA shop, since this last kind sale is just an attempt of games mechanics to induce an artificially low price in the market (which TBH is in part mitigated by the fact that ships sold by IA are wood/crew so they are worse in general than crafted ones).

Listen here you little brainlet. Why would I purchase some absurdly overpriced ship sold by the bourgeoisie when I can have my based communist alt-brethren click one out at a fraction of the price. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HachiRoku said:

Naval action has no replacement. If this game doesn't work we will all pay the price for it. I will not play dog shit like atlas. I will only settle for a proper sailing game like this and will keep pushing for mechanics I personally believe to be better. I can be wrong but thats what the rest of you are here for. To tell me when I am :)  

Wise Words Hachi.    1000% spot on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Aerospace said:

Remove RNG permits for 5th rate and below, increase the rare woods on traders a bit. Establish real ship bidding at capitals and freetowns and list all the ships on sale. I have 8 outposts, I have lots of buildings, shipyards, docks, warehouses, farms, mines, I have millions of reals in bank or chest, I am a rich man. So let me afford some workers, so they will do bidding for me at my capital and freetowns for ships and goods.

That was my exact thought just a few minutes ago while I was disconnecting.

Opening a gold chest only to find your 3rd Prince permit... Which can be bought anyway from Admiralty... Pfff come on. What's the point?
I've been wanting to craft a Niagara for a few days now, welp, can't find a permit... Not even from other players. What's the point? It's a Niagara, not a Bismarck xD

And I fail to see what it is supposed to bring to the game.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Zlatkowar said:

That was my exact thought just a few minutes ago while I was disconnecting.

Opening a gold chest only to find your 3rd Prince permit... Which can be bought anyway from Admiralty... Pfff come on. What's the point?
I've been wanting to craft a Niagara for a few days now, welp, can't find a permit... Not even from other players. What's the point? It's a Niagara, not a Bismarck xD

And I fail to see what it is supposed to bring to the game.

The solution; make the ships craftable again. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Bubba Smith said:

The solution; make the ships craftable again. 

Yes make all ships craftable again, and remove this permit system

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need more DLC ships.
I was in the zone yesterday fighting a trader (5000 dmg for 3 medals).
Of course I was ganged by 3 bigger ships.
NProblem - i had a Hercules.

But - I don't collect resources for weeks, level up my factories, build cannons and caronades, build upgrades and then crafted a nice ship, after investing  a lot of time (no student - I have to work) ------------- and all to get ganged in 30 minutes !!!

After that I want to uninstall the game and Play WOW

No - we need more DLC ships for this.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

But - I don't collect resources for weeks, level up my factories, build cannons and caronades, build upgrades and then crafted a nice ship, after investing  a lot of time (no student - I have to work) ------------- and all to get ganged in 30 minutes !!!

I sympathize. It's easy for me to get almost everything I want cheap and easy; I have the patience to set up shop that allows an easy life after it's done.

People who have to rely on DLCs and ships bought in shops will struggle economically. You can always cap ships but then you get the worst fighting equipment.

We are pushed to join clans to get by, it works but I don't quite trust that to have a globally and lasting positive effect on player recruitment and retention.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

We need more DLC ships.
I was in the zone yesterday fighting a trader (5000 dmg for 3 medals).
Of course I was ganged by 3 bigger ships.
NProblem - i had a Hercules.

But - I don't collect resources for weeks, level up my factories, build cannons and caronades, build upgrades and then crafted a nice ship, after investing  a lot of time (no student - I have to work) ------------- and all to get ganged in 30 minutes !!!

After that I want to uninstall the game and Play WOW

No - we need more DLC ships for this.

I don't see why you need DLC in your case.

I suppose you can capture 7-5 rate in OW (captured ships have cannons) go to patrol zone and earn medals. One medal cost about 30-40K.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, qw569 said:

I don't see why you need DLC in your case.

I suppose you can capture 7-5 rate in OW (captured ships have cannons) go to patrol zone and earn medals. One medal cost about 30-40K.

A DLC ship where I can choose the wood and an NPC captured ship is not the same.
Captured ships are rubbish and only there to give dmg counts to other Players. I've tried this often.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

A DLC ship where I can choose the wood and an NPC captured ship is not the same.
Captured ships are rubbish and only there to give dmg counts to other Players. I've tried this often.

The main goal of patrol area is make damage. If you made specific amount of damage then you get medals.

Therefore I don't see differences on what ship do damage.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, qw569 said:

The main goal of patrol area is make damage. If you made specific amount of damage then you get medals.

Therefore I don't see differences on what ship do damage.

 

For me, it's a difference.

Of course I can take a captured ship and win some Points. I did ist sometimes.
But - with a captured ship I am mostly the slaughter cow for the veterans.

This really isn't any fun. I'm not playing for that.

 

If that's the case, I'd prefer to play something else.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

Of course I can take a captured ship and win some Points. I did ist sometimes.
But - with a captured ship I am mostly the slaughter cow for the veterans.

This really isn't any fun. I'm not playing for that.

I know, I know... :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...