Game-Labs Forum
admin

Forthcoming patch info

Will permits for most ships be available in the Admiralty shops, right now I don't see permits for the Bellona, Indef and others. 

I have a question.

Some days ago you put paints DLC and now another DLC?

It might not be your intention, but it sounds to me like you are trying to milk the low player base you still have playing the game.

Why didn't you wait some days in order to not sound like money grabbers?

If you keep going the DLC way, when the game is eventually released new players may be afraid of a game with a lot of DLCs + 40 bucks for the game and not even consider the purchase.

But it's only my opinion. 

• Like 16

2 minutes ago, admin said:

It will carry 24lb and will be on par with other 4th rates. Wasa(Gustav Adolf will be buffed) i will keep wasa name for him because I like it more.  

Why not give us this specific set of information directly then? Could've saved ourselves a lot of arguing...

Just now, Tom Farseer said:

Rätvissan is not the Wasa-Class (60 gun 4th) but improved wasa class ( or Kronprins Gustaf Adolph class) but heyho.. I've made my point....

No you have not. I name the ships ))) Say thank you i have not called her Forsiktigheten. Rettvisan name is picked for importance in multiple countries. 

She will carry 4th rate guns and sail like a 4th rate and will turn like a 4 rate. You can call her anything if this feature will be added.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, admin said:

If you look for any age of sail blueprint this forum comes up. Search age of sail, our screens and videos come up.
We at GL have the biggest collection of age of sail literature in eastern europe (bigger than most museums).
I am sorry but we are the source.

Retvisan is in Wasa class. I will make it a 4th rate. You don't like it. What do you think will happen?  It will carry 24lb and will be on par with other 4th rates. Wasa(Gustav Adolf will be buffed) i will keep wasa name for him because I like it more. 

on par with other 24lb ships ,,, cough cough United states?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bubba Smith said:

Will permits for most ships be available in the Admiralty shops, right now I don't see permits for the Bellona, Indef and others. 

You can find the permits in chests 

2 minutes ago, admin said:

No you have not. I name the ships ))) Say thank you i have not called her Forsiktigheten. Rettvisan name is picked for importance in multiple countries. 

She will carry 4th rate guns and sail like a 4th rate and will turn like a 4 rate. You can call her anything if this feature will be added.

so based on this,, the games rate system means that indefatigable, united states, Diana and Endymion should all be 4th rates? is this correct or are we just saying stuff in the heat of the moment im confused with your clarifications?

• Like 3

15 likes for the initial post is exactly the way it goes.....compare it to other, older patch info's

so sad.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, admin said:

Retvisan

So will it be redeemable with cooldown or only permit?

10 minutes ago, McKillen said:

Honest answer? You will lose at least 0.2% of your average playerbase (me) and your release will look evermore likely to be a flop as your DLC costs are currently sitting at £45 which is 1.5x the initial game cost. With this DLC being fourth rate i presume it will be planned to have a hefty price tag and along with the other 2 DLC ships i guess there will be roughly over £65 in DLC alone making new players not want to pay £95 to play a game with very poor reviews and wont bother wasting there time with the game. But go ahead, make your money off of the few of us that tried to see this game to success but were driven out and some even banned for being passionate about a game that it seems you have decided is close to dying seeing how many DLCs you are throwing at us. o7

Nothing changed since 2015? Yes. We still need to pay for the game and servers. We do not have subs.

https://forum.game-labs.net/topic/4668-open-world-prototype-rules-of-engagement-ship-loss-and-spawning/?do=findComment&comment=90710

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, _Alucard_ said:

But it's only my opinion.

Well, the amount of DLCs is somewhat getting out of hand for a game that hasn't even been released yet... it would not be the first game to milk what's left of the player base as much as possible, instead of keeping the game updated and improving to get new players in to pay. I still like to hope otherwise but only time will tell...

Edited by Sovereign
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, admin said:

Nothing changed since 2015? Yes. We still need to pay for the game and servers. We do not have subs.

https://forum.game-labs.net/topic/4668-open-world-prototype-rules-of-engagement-ship-loss-and-spawning/?do=findComment&comment=90710

Are those servers running on diamonds and gold? So they were able to eat up from the EA income? Bcs 2 man indie team (as you keep on remainding us) should not eat that much up that you need additional dlc (and the worst kind of dlc< the ones that hurt the ones that didnt buy them) to pay server bills? 

It is tricky thing when you start talking about financial details...

• Like 8

going back to that old 2015 made me realize some things I miss that we don't have anymore.

1. Durabilities on ships
2. simpler RoE

Bringing Durabilities back would just be wonderful :(

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Even if someone is stubborn and would like to classify it as 4½th or 4th rate, it is technically still a ship of the line (doesn't matter if you call it 4th rate or 3rd rate).

That actually isn't a bad thing to do is make a new class in game.  Have the super frigates and the retired 3rds that got bump down to 4th rates in a 4 1/2 rate class.  Than give us somoe more true 3rd rates and 4th rates.

1 minute ago, admin said:

We still need to pay for the game and servers

Don't worry, even the holier-than-thou whiners know this.

I have my sea legs on and am ready to weather this storm of hissy-fit-knee-jerk protests.

Most of 'em will end up buying the ships and play them in order to get the required stuff to make or buy the better permit ships so they can dominate the DLCs.

• Like 7

38 minutes ago, admin said:

If you look for any age of sail blueprint this forum comes up. Search age of sail, our screens and videos come up.
We at GL have the biggest collection of age of sail literature in eastern europe (bigger than most museums).
I am sorry but we are the source.

Retvisan is in Wasa class. I will make it a 4th rate. You don't like it. What do you think will happen?  It will carry 24lb and will be on par with other 4th rates. Wasa(Gustav Adolf will be buffed) i will keep wasa name for him because I like it more. 

"I Will" A 4th rate is a SOL, it was built as a SOL, but of course you do what you want with the game, but you will end up with no one on the war server continuing this way

image.thumb.png.8dd559b6ae52e957ef1cc2fc53b43dd2.png I

I'm just quickly skimming because it seems most of this is whining about a 4th Rate - I apologize if it's been answered already.

It seems like with the econ changes and the building wipe, it might be time for a ship wipe too so we can see how this economy really sinks or swims.  Any thoughts?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, manuva85 said:

@admin single question 

Screenshot_929.png

So Agamemnon ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Agamemnon_(1781) ) is not a ship of line? Or was it? Bcs im so confused now. 

Agamemnon is a 4th rate

Also - 4th rates were planned as DLC ships since 2013.
Example. 

https://forum.game-labs.net/topic/8035-alternative-funding-streams/?do=findComment&comment=204421

EDIT

Found original post with the promises from 2015 (unfortunately not all posts from 2014 and 2013 are indexed)

https://forum.game-labs.net/topic/4668-open-world-prototype-rules-of-engagement-ship-loss-and-spawning/?do=findComment&comment=91605

So i guess @jodgi you will have your chance to get almost every ship class ;)? 

• Like 1

Just now, jodgi said:

Don't worry, even the holier-than-thou whiners know this.

I have my sea legs on and am ready to weather this storm of hissy-fit-knee-jerk protests.

Most of 'em will end up buying the ships and play them in order to get the required stuff to make or buy the better permit ships so they can dominate the DLCs.

Whining for whining case is one. But it isnt that hard to notice that ship supply is getting smaller while dlc ships numbers keep increasing. How much more devs needs to push players to pay for those dlc's and than be able to keep having fun in the broken eco.

I just would preffer if the gaem was fixed instead of devs profitering from it's broken state. And players agreeing to it by buying those dlc's. Arent we smarter than this?

• Like 1

I'm ready to be a container for all your anger!

I take full moral and financial responsibility.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, McKillen said:

You will lose at least 0.2% of your average playerbase (me) and your release will look evermore likely to be a flop as your DLC costs are currently sitting at £45 which is 1.5x the initial game cost. With this DLC being fourth rate i presume it will be planned to have a hefty price tag and along with the other 2 DLC ships i guess there will be roughly over £65 in DLC alone making new players not want to pay £95 to play a game with very poor reviews and wont bother wasting there time with the game. But go ahead, make your money off of the few of us that tried to see this game to success but were driven out and some even banned for being passionate about a game that it seems you have decided is close to dying seeing how many DLCs you are throwing at us. o7

I'm sorry but can we forget everything else and focus on this here for a moment? I mean let's be realistic, the game simply won't be worth playing with 250 players. The few new players we may get will only compensate a fraction of those that quit. With the woods being rare and everything harder to get and grindy, you will have to own all DLC ships to be competitive on the war server. I don't see a lot of new players making such an investment when looking at the ratings on the store page, as @McKillen already pointed out. And even worse, if they don't buy the DLC ships, they will get hello kittyed over by exactly those and lose their hard earned regular ships due to it... leading to more negative reviews. I mean seriously guys?

• Like 7