Game-Labs Forum

Forthcoming patch info

26 minutes ago, Lovec1990 said:

here this ship is same class as rettvisan

964d4f14ba36684d_org.jpg

Kronprins Gustaf Adolf(1782) 60 cannons

The model was constructed under the direction of Af Chapman himself.

Edited by Ligatorswe

2 hours ago, admin said:

They did only good. 

I will relay that comment to the 5 committed and active players I played with for years who quit the game permanently immediately upon them being released. 

2 hours ago, admin said:

DLC ships provide for 30% of battles and even more significant percentage of pvp deaths (content for others).

Eh?  Introduce P2W ship = lots of people use them = they pay real money to get a lot of kills = Success? I would venture that players having their crafted ships consistently wrecked by packs of players in Hercs who didn't risk anything is not really the content they were looking for. Shit content is actually WORSE than no content! Who knows? you might even get some people playing this game and you won't have to worry about lack of content anymore!

What are the stats now with the new damage model by the way? Now the Herc is no longer OP? They are hardly used now, that's what.

2 hours ago, admin said:

Such supporters are not needed both on forums and in game

Agreed. Bit of a shame you spent the last 5 years listening to him though eh?

2 hours ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

Figthing a 1. Rate with a Trinco successfully was killing the game much more than the opposite

Correct. It works on a tiered system and that makes sense.  Some ships will still be the best in their class. There is a pretty simple test: Can this ship kill me? If 'YES', then can this ship catch me? If that's 'NO' to most of the ships out there and there are a few things you can catch and kill then you are in a powerful ship no matter what the rate. You are top predator in your food chain. The Endymion is a good example atm. It can pretty much kill anything that can catch it. That's why I like that the permit is a rare medal chest drop and needs to be earned. Before the P30 Damage Model the Herc was one of those ships too. If you want the casual player to be able to have a reasonably competitive ship to dip into the game now and then, that's fine, but paid for DLC should NEVER be the top predators because that is the absolute definition of Pay to Win and kills the game. TBF I mostly like the way the game has gone over the last few months though. The new crafting levels make perfect sense to me already.

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, Hullabaloo said:

I will relay that comment to the 5 committed and active players I played with for years who quit the game permanently immediately upon them being released.

Yup, and I'll relay your sulking to the 10 players who started to throw themselves more into PvP with the DLCs.

14 minutes ago, Hullabaloo said:

they pay real money to get a lot of kills

Umm... That's not what the numbers say, They got themselves killed and so provided content for others.

16 minutes ago, Hullabaloo said:

but paid for DLC should NEVER be the top predators

They listened and it will be as you wish on this point.

I think 4th &  3rd rates dlc ships could be a really good thing, as long as dlc lineships are balanced in regard of speed & rare wood & as long as they remain somehow craftables (not unicorn) for non-dlc population (as drop permits or blueprints or admiralty permits)

Imagine if all the DLC ships notes were only available in oak-sab-maho woods , and the same ship in other woods can only be available if crafted (via rare/costly permits). I think everyone would accept it better. 

Also with those wood choices, any smaller ships would be able to run from any dlc lineship, even those swedish 4th-3rd rate with a lot of chase guns

Also, i think if an indiaman or "en flute" ship DLC was released (for free or not), and trading goods profit slightly increased, more casual eco/traders/crafters would accept the risk of being captured/sunk while  they would have just lost the cargo value, not have to rinse et repeat to craft back an indiaman or capture a brig/lgv, and less salt would be found in the caribbean.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

Anyway I have no idea about this ship. Looks more like a frigate.

That is a model of the ingame Wasa (AKA Kronprins Gustaf Adolf) 😃 not quite a frigate I'd say. Upper gun deck is hard to see in that picture so confusion is understandable.

Just now, Tom Farseer said:

That is a model of the ingame Wasa (AKA Kronprins Gustaf Adolf) 😃 not quite a frigate I'd say. Upper gun deck is hard to see in that picture so confusion is understandable.

isnt Kronprins Gustaf Adolf inproved wasa class?

1 minute ago, Lovec1990 said:

isnt Kronprins Gustaf Adolf inproved wasa class?

It is :D but the Armament and name plate on stern identifiy the ingame Wasa undoubtedly as the Kronprins. Rättvisan is of the same class, albeit armed a bit lighter. Afaik it carried 24pd on her main battery as opposed to the Kronprins' heavier 32s.

They basically could do that, yes... Seeing as the Wasa already has almost the same stats as the Agamemnon there is no need to change much... Though I think I remember admin stating in somewhere this thread (not sure where, will look) that the Kronprins/Wasa as a 3rd rate will get a slight buff. Thought wrong...

Edit: couldn't find the post i was referring to. Must have been wishful thinking on my part :D

Edited by Tom Farseer

38 minutes ago, jodgi said:

Yup, and I'll relay your sulking

I tell you what, I'm getting a bit fed up of your rudeness. I am not sulking. I'm entitled to my opinion it is a forum. That's the second time you have insulted me on here, you are supposed to be a moderator act like a grown up. Else I will have a few choice words about what I think of you.

• Like 5

The game is pushed more and more into a multiplayer arena game. I have the impression, dev team just gave up the idea of an open world sandbox. 

That is not bad per se. BUT, hiding so many permits behind (a) RNG and (b) PVP grind creates a lot of frustration. One hurdle can be taken by everyone and will probably be accepted. But two? PVP grind requires time, ships and money for ships, which needs to be created somehow which means even more time... 

This is not good for player retention and for attraction new players. And this is the main problem this game has. And it is not addressed appropriately. Tutorial was good. Small ship DLC, well ok after rebalancing. Big ship DLC... OMG. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Lovec1990 said:

how you define top predator by stats or how commonly is being used as hunter/raider?

If you can't be caught by anything that can kill you and you can catch things you can kill 1v1. It's not a precise thing of course and a lot depends on fitting and of course player skill and the situation so I'm not claiming it is a hard and fast rule. But i would argue some ships fall more into that category more than others. I very rarely lose Endymions for example unless I chose the engagement and made a mistake or chose to take a risk and meet a better player. But otherwise I can usually choose who i fight and I have a good chance of wining. Bellona is another example, maybe Niagara too? and Le Req probably. My argument was that Herc was like that too and that shouldn't be the case with a paid for DLC insta ship cos that unbalances the game.

L'Hermione as a DLC ship, sweet! It's a good ship, with out being OP in any way, very well balanced. Pandora, looking forward to it no mater what happens.

On the other hand I'm surprised by the "baby lineship DLC" announcement for the Rattvisan (Ретвизан) 24lb gun forth rate. And it is giving me a bad feeling because we have not seen or tested that ship. And by looking at the stats it looks like it is going to be a very powerful 4. rate. At least the BR looks high, so this is good news for RvR! :)  

Imo because we needed doubloons and permits to craft Agamemnon, Wappen Von Hamburg,  Constitution and the Ingermandland we got used to thinking that 4. rates where baby line ships. Back in the days we had AI captured 3rd rates and we used them a lot! It was fun. We also had a short (imo) period with ship notes in exchange for doubloons (Surprise, L'Hermione, Wasa, Bellona etc) and I'm a big fan of easy to good ships for all players.
But having a brand new disposable baby line ship every day will effect how careful we are with those. And considering how difficult it is to craft ships in good woods, the reinforcement zones are getting removed/nerfed, I think it is safe to say that you can expect to see these ships with enemy fags near your home port soon! :D

I'm getting one of those 3 click baby-line-ships asap, that for sure! 😈

• Like 3

The devs seemed to have gone completely off track their original plans. The game was a lot better 2 years ago. Crafting has become useless and should just be removed and rely only on redeemable ships to play. My only question now is this:  Is this new direction the game is taking, being done on purpose or just kinda making things up as they go along?

[moderated]

I honestly don’t think they are dumb and it is the first reason but you never know.

2 minutes ago, Hullabaloo said:

I am not sulking. I'm entitled to my opinion it is a forum.

I'm entitled to an opinion of your opinion. I read a complaining and sulky tone in your post, it's hardly an insult.

20 minutes ago, Hullabaloo said:

Else I will have a few choice words about what I think of you.

That's fine. You can yell at me in PM. Whenever you see a poster breaking the forum rules you can report the post, this also goes for me.

Just now, Lovec1990 said:

so constitution is also top predator?

Dunno tbh I havn't sailed one in ages. I remember the connie was used a lot by solo hunters for that same reason but that was different sail mechanics and damage model. Looking at sailing profile it would seem to me it would be good at choosing engagements yes. It doesn't seem like it can fight other 3rd rates though, but as a 4th rate hunter killer, yes maybe