Game-Labs Forum

Forthcoming patch info

Patch will be deployed this or beginning of next week. 

Preliminary info on important contents.

• Finalization of battle rewards (properly calculated even if you switch ships to avoid players losing marks if they switched to enemy ship and later sank it)
  • Bot fixes
    • Almost all bot routes through land will be fixed
    • NPC hugging will be fixed - bots will always fire if they have a shot. 
    • NPC reload freezes will be fixed
  • Crafting rebalance ( @Coco patch)
    • Crafting levels will be changed (there will be only 7 ranks) and thresholds rebalanced
  • Former free towns will be added to nearby counties.
    • This will cause the reposition of standard resources in those counties
      • Building wipe will be required
  • Additional PVP upgrades for the admiralty.
  • Group missions will return
  • Delivery missions will be adapted to allow players to make some money on short term r
  • Final pre-release DLCs will be added (when valve approves the pages)
    • L'Hermione - french concorde class frigate
    • Rattvisan (Ретвизан) 24lb gun forth rate
    • Pandora might get in as well.

9gqcQR0.jpg

We will try hard to push port management into the build but it is looking unlikely. Port investments allowing expansion of resources will be deployed in the hotfix if this feature does not get in with patch.

• Like 24

3 minutes ago, Black veil said:

Can we know what's happening with Diana and constitution classic?@admin

constitution classic Constitution is in game and is crafteable. Permits can be received from the admiral's chest. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Diana, constitution classic... what about them?

There is also no news from great ships like temerarie, montañes and wreker 🙁

Can you show an image of the Rattvisan, please?

I *THINK* its this....  but I may be wrong....  1783

Fotografi av Chapmans originalritning från krigsarkivets samlingar.

44 minutes ago, admin said:

Final pre-release DLCs will be added (when valve approves the pages)

• Pandora might get in as well.

I think this will be interesting; we've seen from the herc/requin that players will act more aggressively, and PVP more when they have redeemable ships. Expanding that to 5ths/4ths I hope will have a positive effect on the frequency of PVP!

But... I don't think we can have both a wide array of DLC redeemable ships AND the present system of ultra-rare/expensive permits for so many ships. The influx of DLC ships that will almost certainly make up a majority of PVP traffic has to be countered by a diverse and competent selection of craftable ships for those not willing to pay for DLCs to compete. Right now with so many ships locked away under rare or expensive permits, the selection of non-DLC ships is limited and new players would probably be daunted. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

A dangerous move to have such ship as a DLC.

so lets see how it'll go

1. more crew than any other 4th rate? check
2. likely more HPs than most 4th rates? check
3. more guns? check
4. 3rd rate in 4th rate disguise? check

wow, it's almost like another pay-to-win power creep vessel.

didn't learn a thing since the Requin I see. Only DLC ship that should have been considered would have been the Hermione, even that is a stretch.

A good number of folks have asked for changes to current ships, permits, RoE - but it seems to not be addressed at this time. I only hope something is in the works...

• Like 12

I feel like the DLC ships we already have are destroying the meta. Sinking them doesn't even feel satisfying since they are so easily replaced. Even larger DLC ships are sure dominate the seas when so many players are chickens when it comes to losing something with actual value.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

so lets see how it'll go

1. more crew than any other 4th rate? check
2. likely more HPs than most 4th rates? check
3. more guns? check
4. 3rd rate in 4th rate disguise? check

wow, it's almost like another pay-to-win power creep vessel.

didn't learn a thing since the Requin I see. Only DLC ship that should have been considered would have been the Hermione, even that is a stretch.

A good number of folks have asked for changes to current ships, permits, RoE - but it seems to not be addressed at this time. I only hope something is in the works...

Yet another negative post? check

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, admin said:

Please..PLEASE make them craftable DLCs, not ship notes...

Make them "Imported ship" so we cannot trade them or capture them, but make it so that the crafting permit is redeemable from the DLC, not the actual ship-note like Hercules/Le Requin.

A 24/48 hour redeemable live/white teak/white 4th rate is going to bring all the problems of the Hercules in the past x10.

Please.

• Like 28

• Making L'Hermione as DLC is a good decision, all around ship which is not OP compared to other 5th rates.
  • Rattvisan (Ретвизан) 24lb gun forth rate ? with 60 guns ? as dlc ... I hope this will not be another LRQ in her class.
  • Former free towns will be added to nearby counties ? Shroud / La Tortue are we losing them as freetowns ? If so what a weird decision...

• Like 3