Game-Labs Forum

Little things you'd like to see

It would be very nice if we could switch ships with our fleet in open world... Like you have to be stopped to switch ship, it would be realistic. People wanting to use it so as to have the proper ship for a battle when they are chased would have to stop if they want to switch

• Like 1

In kill missions against bots, variations in location and direction of the ships, in order not to have always the ships face to face and broad reach (wind from the left).

To make it more natural like OW fights.

Would add some interesting randomness IMHO, like in real fights when you could't always choose the starting point.

Edited by LeBoiteux

bound to have been asked for before , search function isn't a good source of info for the word "sort"

but as a jog of memory for anybody in a position to influence anybody

could the warehouse sort function button be set to organise in alphabetical ? rather than the way it is set to function now ?

• Like 1

On 4/6/2019 at 2:22 PM, Vizzini said:

Now the paint and flag dlc's are up and running ( and both looking great so far btw )

are we any further along with increasing their numbers ? More paints for more ships please

The DLC was added on March 21 and I'm pretty sure they said something about currently having 49 paints available in game and planning to add 50 more in the month following DLC release. Few days left, let's see what happens...

• Like 2

Would it be possible if you break ships you get some woods from it ? Privateering would be more profitable

Like you capture AI ship, live oak/crew for example, and if you break it up in the port, you get some live oaks from it.

Also defending your "home waters" more rewarding against gankers etc ? Like if you sink enemy ship near your port, you get instead of 2 combat marks => 4 combat marks

• Like 2

Add ability for clan leaders to hire (pay) AI to transport/bring wood or resources from far away places to a port of their choice. This would make resources more available and would establish a temporary trade route that could be raided and some nice cargo looted. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Lancelot Teggin said:

Faster OW Speed i dont want to take hours for travel and more dlc ships maybe a special 2nd or 1st rate would be nice

A DLC for faster OW speed would just make it OP for those who have it vs those who don't. I could get behind an expensive extra 2 ports DLC.

I expect you'll get your wish for a DLC 1st or 2nd. It seems to be the way they are headed: the ability to play the game completely using only DLC ships or the ability to play with only crafted captured ships. Player choice. Except right now it is unbalanced and the crafting option is not really there for most.

It's going to be tough to balance. Make it too easy to craft and DLCs won't sell as well and further development may suffer because of finances. Make it too hard to craft, and you lose permanently portion of player base that either can not or will not pay for the DLCs. I find that I fall more in the later camp. Although I can afford DLCs, just magically getting ships as needed removes parts of the game that I could enjoy. 

Edited by Farrago
  • Like 1

As a relatively new player (Lieutenant Commander) but long-time fan of the era, I’d like to see fewer and more realistic pathways to upgrade a ship.  For example, I find Modules such as the figureheads unrealistic.  Since when was a ship’s figurehead able to increase speed or cannon penetration (except in sailors’ imagination)?  The existing Upgrades fulfil this role well and seem more historically correct.

I also wonder if, as Books represent a type of “knowledge” or “experience” in-game (offering similar benefits to Upgrades) — such as would have been offered by experienced petty- or warrant-officers or officers — whether these could be bought using eXperience Points?  This would create a trade-off for the player between promotion to the next rank or acquiring Books as an alternative to Upgrades, which need to be bought or crafted. 

I suppose I’m in the minority, but I would like this game to become more simulator-like (but not too simulator-like) and a little less “gamey”.  Having said that I’m absolutely enjoying it and looking forward to exploring it further (as its complexity means I’m still learning about almost every aspect of it).

Edited by Commodore Sixty Four

It would be interesting to have 1-2 Dutch ship types available to play.  I understand Dutch ships were built with shallower draught due to the Dutch littoral environment, and generally not well regarded when captured by the British for example (due to excessive leeway perhaps), but this opens some interesting possibilities for Naval Action.  You could have a Dutch 56-, 64/8-, or 74-gun ship of the line available for shallow water use, for example, which would be broadly historically accurate and allow players to choose a Dutch ship for use in shallow environments that would overpower other shallow draught ships, but be disadvantaged versus other ships of the line in deep water environments.  For example, the Dutch fleet at Camperdown was attempting to lure Duncan’s fleet into shallower water where it would have the advantage.  This would also give players a reason to choose a Dutch ship despite their real-world disadvantages versus French-, Spanish- or British-built ships of the era.  There are plenty of ships from the other nations represented in-game, including “Prussia” and Russia but, unless I’m mistaken, not many Dutch.

Edited by Commodore Sixty Four
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Serk said:

I'd like the option to remove DLC flags on my end. That you want a special flag is fine, just don't force me to see it if I don't want to.

Nope!  You will see whatever flags and paints I dang well want to show you!  :D Except if they bring in fugly "clan flags".  Those could have an "out" option.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zlatkowar said:

Nani?

IMO, it looks stupid to see a mixed fleet of french royalists and french republicans fighting vs HRE ships.  I think it would be better if I could chose what flags shows up on my ''client side''.

Edited by Serk

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 10:21 PM, Commodore Sixty Four said:

As a relatively new player (Lieutenant Commander) but long-time fan of the era, I’d like to see fewer and more realistic pathways to upgrade a ship.  For example, I find Modules such as the figureheads unrealistic.  Since when was a ship’s figurehead able to increase speed or cannon penetration (except in sailors’ imagination)?  The existing Modules fulfil this role well and seem more historically correct.

I also wonder if, as Books represent a type of “knowledge” or “experience” in-game (offering similar benefits to upgrades) — such as would have been offered by experienced petty- or warrant-officers or officers — whether these could be bought using eXperience Points?  This would create a trade-off for the player between promotion to the next rank or acquiring Books as an alternative to Upgrades, which need to be bought or crafted. 

I suppose I’m in the minority, but I would like this game to become more simulator-like (but not too simulator-like) and a little less “gamey”.  Having said that I’m absolutely enjoying it and looking forward to exploring it further (as its complexity means I’m still learning about almost every aspect of it).

From your mouth to Gods ears...  but I think that ship has sailed....  They tried an "officer-based" system before, which was pretty good.

But for some, the "mods" are like quests...  and people love quests!