Game-Labs Forum
admin

Preliminary discussion of the changes to conquest - clan wars are coming

9 minutes ago, Captain Lust said:

Not sure what you're trying to say here mate but if you want to play pve only you might aswell go to the pve server? Can't be right that some carebear pulls a mission in greenzone and gets xp/gold/upgrades with basically no risk while pvp players have to look for hours to get a decent fight, risk their ship and upgrades and all and get as much for sinking a player as for a bot?? ...on the pvp server? I mean what are you guys smoking?

Aparently, your type of play chased away 10000 players allready,(numbers according to admin). and all u think of is we need more rewards for pvp to chase away the rest of the players.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Batman said:

maybe its the "PVPers" who are the real snowflakes? Just sayin ...

Pretty much here. I suggested higher reward for pvp because pve is way more profitable and without risk and you dropped this bullcrap in response?

PvE does offer way more rewards.  I find PvE boring but there is profit.  PvP is fun and should have increased rewards.  Please.....oh and Yaaaarrrrrrrr!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Sounds like you are giving up on this project with that last part of the statement.  

We never said that. This game was N1 top seller on steam for 2 weeks, we sold 130k copies, it is still in the top 200 top played games on Steam today, online is higher than lot of game done by teams with 1000x more budget. Its a super successful project - players just moved on and you want them back. 
And because players moved on the experience deteriorates for average players who become the target all the time (due to lack of targets). 

3 hours ago, Captain Lust said:

I'm sorry for playing pvp on the pvp server? [low brow insult]

As one cannot rank up by PvP only here, noobs are being hunted near national capitals by experienced and brave, or just bored and lazy plyers???

Don't blame devs for game mechanics if you choose the easy path and cut the branch under your butt.

• Like 2

Just now, Armored_Sheep said:

As one cannot rank up by PvP only here, noobs are being hunted near national capitals by experienced and brave, or just bored and lazy plyers???

I care to contradict you.  I ranked up by mostly PVP, have done a few missions with friends. Over 1K hours in game and still not max rank, at the rank one before max. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Daguse said:

What about a noob instance, in short you start a noob and till you are level 4 or 5 you are in a small map with every other nations noob. You can't pvp with anything other then the top level players (4 or 5). Once you hit the cap you get an option to join the rest of us in the real world. 

No seal clubbing no other shit. You could add video guides on how to play. 

Doesn't work that way cause you don't know who's a noob and who isn't and I'm sorry by 4-5th Rank you are getting into the ships that you have known the basics of the game. If anything the noobies are the 1-3 ranks only, but if I want to be an evil baby seal clubber I would just make a new char and keep him low level.  Ever time he level out of the noobie zone I just delete him and make a new one. I use to keep one char on games low level to help run new players through first parts of games.  That char was tanked out and maxed out for the newbie zones every time cause I ran a lot of folks.  When they got to high I just delete and make a new one.   Not to mention the best way for them to learn is to go out with other clan members/players to teach them the ropes.

14 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Sounds like you are giving up on this project with that last part of the statement.  

And NA Legends will be a meh hit at best.  No offense but the current market for instant action games is flooded.  A slow paced age of sail game will be popular for about a month until the next faster paced more exciting less realistic age of sail game comes out.... then the plague of locusts will jump there.  

You mean like a certain other Naval game or two that looks pretty cartoonist and fake that are coming out soon from other games and one looks very much like an arena style game?

23 minutes ago, admin said:

are you sure?

• lets say pvp rewards are increased a lot (by 3)
  • special chests are added for pvp players based on pvp score they gain 
  • special zone 6v6 is created in the center of map where every pvp player will come for fun for equal fights

Will it change something?

The xp and gold for PvP needs to be boosted like ya'll did with CM.  I think the CM feel about balanced with PvE now.  XP needs to be rewarded for damage again.   Most the time we have fights half us don't do enough damage to get a kill or assist and we leave the fight with zero rewards even though we might of spent it shooting sails to slow down the ship for the big boys.  This kills small new players from helping and leveling up with the older players in bigger ships.   Lets not even talk about if some one in your group caps the ship.  Now every one gets nothing other than that one player.  So XP needs to go back to being rewarded off damage done.

Bring back Paints Chest for PvP Leader board to  players.  Don't give out Notes or BP's as that hurts the crafters and market.  Only paint or some other cosmetic prizes.  Give out a chest for all those that win a Port battle too.  This will let the RvR/PvP guys stand out as they have painted ships.  They can still trade it to the casual players for money and all are happy.  Not every reward should be able to every player.  Just don't make them game breaking or OP rewards needed for certain type of game play like ships folks would use for PvP or RvR.6

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, admin said:

We never said that. This game was N1 top seller on steam for 2 weeks, we sold 130k copies, it is still in the top 200 top played games on Steam today, online is higher than lot of game done by teams with 1000x more budget. Its a super successful project - players just moved on and you want them back. 
And because players moved on the experience deteriorates for average players who become the target all the time (due to lack of targets). 

Sounds like we need to merge the servers and keep what small population we do have, active and engaged 

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Armored_Sheep said:

As one cannot rank up by PvP only here

I played pve to be able to crew a surprise and then ranked up all the way to max rank only with pvp.

2 minutes ago, Armored_Sheep said:

noobs are being hunted near national capitals

How can they be hunted when there will be huge greenzones? Did you even read what this thread is about? Did i say i enjoy sealclubbing or something? Stop using sealclubbers as excuse for your carebearing on the pvp server... 

Just now, Anne Wildcat said:

I care to contradict you.  I ranked up by mostly PVP, have done a few missions with friends. Over 1K hours in game and still not max rank, at the rank one before max. 

I ranked max before wipe, spent just few hundred hours. Was a part of clan. I also maxed the crafting lvl. Most of the content at that time was PvE. PvP was the spice from time to time for me. I lost many friends who ranked max and than found that there is no more game content for them. RvR and PvP should enrich the game world but not rule it IMHO

Just now, Louis Garneray said:

I spent an evening fighting in group and got almost no reward because I was in Renommee taking care of enemy sails. :D

That's what you get for being a team player.  NOTHING.  next time bring a 15kt bellona you noob!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Captain Lust said:

I'm sorry for playing pvp on the pvp server? Must be the most retarded comment i've ever read on this forum... hands down...

Pure pvp server with no safe zones does not work for the majority if online is below 500. 

1 minute ago, admin said:

The problems as I see it.  

The servers are setup and described all wrong.  You have in this order.

EU Server 

Global Server

PVE Server

and that is all it says.  No information at all.  So one who lives in the EU would assume the EU server would be the same as the global server but just based in the EU.    And they would be wrong, BUT would be completely unable to move to the global server because of the setup of the servers.

Instead of having a brief description for each server on login you have nothing.  Which only caters to the EU server growth and death.  

My suggestions have been made and I will say them again.

PVE server needs to change to a limited server or (starter server).   Where you are limited to rank 4 max, and it is map size of the Bahamas, the old Rookie zone.   Once a player reaches rank 4 they can choose to take a token and go to either Limited RVR server, or the Global server.  They will get a redeemable on creation on the server of their choice for their XP crafting and captain level.    They should also get a redeemable Brig and Trader Brig.   This way they are not starting over in a cutter.   They should also have guns on both.  6lb mediums, 25 hull repairs and 25 rig repairs, and 100 rum.  As a starting package.   

This will give them something to start with.

Next you kill all missions above 4th rates.   You want to fight 1st rates, go hunt them.  

This isnt that hard to code into the game... and would actually go a long way to fixing a great deal of the server population issues.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I do not understand the backing away from the War Company idea... you had no one who earnestly opposed it, and smaller scale conflicts (sub-national) are an excellent way to make the game feel "smaller" at the same time as you make it more manageable for scaling conflict with changing population sizes in the future? The free-for-all battles for pirates prove this.

With all variety of choices we will pick the simplest solution solving the problem. You will just set your friendly clans who can enter your portbattles. National unity will remain intact, clans will still fight for the nation.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, admin said:

Pure pvp server with no safe zones does not work for the majority if online is below 500. 

Yes, and i want greenzones for noobs.... and at the same time more reward for pvp so they have a reason to come out when they ranked up / got fat... i didn't say anything against greenzones...

11 minutes ago, Captain Lust said:

Yes, and i want greenzones for noobs.... and at the same time more reward for pvp so they have a reason to come out when they ranked up / got fat... i didn't say anything against greenzones...

Yes. Wee need green zones and a very good reason (money, and/or goods) to sail out.

I remember an online game having a simple idea. Two realms and at the special times an event to craft goods for selling with good profit. That was a real PvP Hotspot. The players organized themself in the green area start sailing their ships towards there. Much fights on the way to and much more fights at the hotspot. If you could craft some valuable goods without get killed start sailing the dangerous way back to home. A simple design as this:

Unbenannt.JPG

Edited by Sven Silberbart
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Doesn't work that way cause you don't know who's a noob and who isn't and I'm sorry by 4-5th Rank you are getting into the ships that you have known the basics of the game. If anything the noobies are the 1-3 ranks only, but if I want to be an evil baby seal clubber I would just make a new char and keep him low level.  Ever time he level out of the noobie zone I just delete him and make a new one. I use to keep one char on games low level to help run new players through first parts of games.  That char was tanked out and maxed out for the newbie zones every time cause I ran a lot of folks.  When they got to high I just delete and make a new one.   Not to mention the best way for them to learn is to go out with other clan members/players to teach them the ropes.

I could see it being only rank 3, as long as there are guides in game to show you how to play. @Jeheilhas some good ones, just toss them in. 

As for the seal clubbing issue, I hate to say it but you are probably right. I'm sure some lowlife will get a kick out of owning noobs. Maybe set us a pvp as no lose of ships or hold. Just respawn in own when done. In short they get a "safe place" and to learn pvp. 

10 minutes ago, admin said:

With all variety of choices we will pick the simplest solution solving the problem. You will just set your friendly clans who can enter your portbattles. National unity will remain intact, clans will still fight for the nation.

The problem @admin is we needed this solution at the start of the wipe...or before that.  Population numbers are down and port battles aren't happening.  This change doesn't matter anymore.  We need a way to bring life back into the game and this small change won't do it.  Most nations don't even have 5 clans, let alone 15.....that play RVR.  

People were hopeful for the War Companies idea because it was a NEW system.  Not a revision to an old one that doesn't work.  This game is desperately in need of something NEW, not more of the same.

We fight over the same old ports in the same old ships and still have to grind NPCs to create content.  It's boring.  Give us something we haven't seen before.  Like raids for example.....

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Louis Garneray said:

I spent an evening fighting in group and got almost no reward because I was in Renommee taking care of enemy sails. :D

I remember when I made my second char and he was Spain just to have some fun since my main was a pirate. I was out hunting brits in front of KPR and the pirates come a long.  It was my clan mates and they didn't know that was my alt.  Well some brits jump me and they join my side to help me.  So after that I figure with my little rattlesnake I was just 6ranked into 120 to crew I would help the.  We tagged a Brit Bucc and it ran. I ran that bastard down and shot the crap out of it's sales until the Pirates caught up.  I made a level and half off that kill cause my sail damage was more than any other damage since they boarded and captured it.   That is how one ranks up by damage done not just your Assist and Kill.  Shortly after that I rolled him Pirate to be my light/shallow char.   He ranked up purely on Port battles and OW PvP until I got to Devil and grind a bunch of missions in a 2nd rate to make Curse.  

SO yah some folks can level purly on PvP, but they can't with the current rewards system.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wraith said:

But we've proven that imbalances in nation populations is untenable time after time. Maintaining the rigid nation-based RvR at the region-flipping scale, while fracturing it's implementation among the active clans of that nation, will never work. And definitely not without implementing some kind of way to solve intranational conflict (ala free-for-all, black-on-black battles).

we solve nation population imbalances by safe uncapturable ports

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Hodo said:

You sir know nothing.  So please stop posting.

Thank you for saying it.

I belive this is a forum and we can actually have diffrent opinions!

• Like 1

People will join Brits or Pirates because they want to be in those nations for their reasons. Populations wont change drastically

Also to those saying increase the gold rewards for PvP. What will be the point of collecting the taxes from the ports you own when you can get multple times more gold just by sinking a player. Ports actually will have some value now. If we want to be extreme, remove gold rewards completely or make em really small.

Edited by Sella22

3 minutes ago, Christendom said:

People were hopeful for the War Companies idea because it was a NEW system.  Not a revision to an old one that doesn't work.  This game is desperately in need of something new, not more of the same.

Yah we all ready came up with THE BLACK COMPANY for the one we where going to make with half a dozen pirate clans ready to join into the Company.

One thing the game needs among every thing folks have been bringing up is proper Pirate Mechanics so they are just another bastard nation or just make us Privateers with option to help other nations and the guys that don't get LoM are the true Outlaws/Pirates.  Though we are never going to see anything like this....

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AxIslander said:

I belive this is a forum and we can actually have diffrent opinions!

What he wanted to say is that you should play on the pve server if you don't like pvp... it's that simple...

• Like 1