Game-Labs Forum

Preliminary discussion of the changes to conquest - clan wars are coming

2 minutes ago, admin said:

thats exactly the problem
players have fun.. and then hit the wall because map changes constantly, they can't rebuild, they have to adapt production every time someones decide to take the port add human psychology (people overvalue losses)

ps NA legends will be a huge hit. Due to lack of all such problems. We have to fix the bleed of players on medium levels in the NA Open world. 

What about a noob instance, in short you start a noob and till you are level 4 or 5 you are in a small map with every other nations noob. You can't pvp with anything other then the top level players (4 or 5). Once you hit the cap you get an option to join the rest of us in the real world. 

No seal clubbing no other shit. You could add video guides on how to play. 

2 minutes ago, admin said:

players have fun.. and then hit the wall because map changes constantly, they can't rebuild, they have to adapt production every time someones decide to take the port add human psychology (people overvalue losses)

ps NA legends will be a huge hit. Due to lack of all such problems. We have to fix the bleed of players on medium levels in the NA Open world. 

Sounds like you are giving up on this project with that last part of the statement.  

And NA Legends will be a meh hit at best.  No offense but the current market for instant action games is flooded.  A slow paced age of sail game will be popular for about a month until the next faster paced more exciting less realistic age of sail game comes out.... then the plague of locusts will jump there.  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, admin said:

Legends will be a huge hit because this game is almost unplayable and those that are sticking around will soon enough be too few with a population of 800 spread out over 3 servers.  You gotta do something to keep the rest of us playing.  

To fix the newbie population, create capital areas that are larger and have ALL of the resources necessary to create basic ships.  Make the green zone huge and make any battle in the area stay open indefinitely.  Have AI fleets that are smaller but will actively chase enemy players out past the "green" zone".  Make it a true home waters experience.  

Frankly the game experience before the fine woods patch was still the best IMO.  Available resources everywhere, teleporting around to various places, active PVP and RVR everywhere and more players.  Bring back that experience with some tweaks and throw in some more wood types, ditch some of the current mods and we're good to go.  It's not hard.

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Batman said:

maybe its the "PVPers" who are the real snowflakes? Just sayin ...

Not sure what you're trying to say here mate but if you want to play pve only you might aswell go to the pve server? Can't be right that some carebear pulls a mission in greenzone and gets xp/gold/upgrades with basically no risk while pvp players have to look for hours to get a decent fight, risk their ship and upgrades and all and get as much for sinking a player as for a bot?? ...on the pvp server? I mean what are you guys smoking?

Edited by Captain Lust
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Now you just have to go in with a smuggler flag or out bid some one with your alt to get the refits.  There is no reason to fight over regions for rare resources.

Nor a fight because of a lack of (rare) resources.

There is no casual player left soon, because they have run out of options to play out in the game. Apart from being cannon fodder for the gankers.

• Like 1

I don´t want instant action, I don´t want all time thrill and rewards for every little pew I do in game. I like the slow pace of sailing. I like the tension when I encounter another player, because the stakes are high, I can loose my pixels that took me some real life time. Pls don´t change this because of minority of loud players on forums.

• Like 5

Admin, I have doubts that the trading is going to work out like you think, with profitable trade hubs in the center of the map, and less profitable ones in the outer more protected waters.  What is more likely to happen is exactly what happened in the past with TP to free ports.  Players sat at the port popping in and out looking for sails on the horizon, or hid behind an island outcrop nearby.  The trading players were pounced on when they got near.  It will only take a good consistent week of this at those pre-planned "profitable" trade hubs, and players will no longer use them.

People will then argue, well you just need to create a fleet to sail there for protection.  But we've been through that lame argument too many times, it's impractical in almost every situation, and certainly can't be done over and over.

Edited by Jean Ribault
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, admin said:

are you sure?

• lets say pvp rewards are increased a lot (by 3)
  • special chests are added for pvp players based on pvp score they gain 
  • special zone 6v6 is created in the center of map where every pvp player will come for fun for equal fights

Will it change something?

Thats going to feed the "PvP Elite" endless amounts of gold, goods, notes etc. and we'll be back to everybody owning millions and tons of first rates.

The problem we have is, we either make it easy for the new players but it will give the PvP Elite a very easy time getting everything they want (as before the wipe), or we make it hard for the elite to get everything they want but at the same time the lower level players are having a very hard time acquiring gold, ships etc.

We just need a good tutorial so you can get the new players skilled allot faster, especialy with the option to cap AI ships it should be ALLOT easier for newer players to maintain a steady gold reserve as they don't need to spend a 100k on a ship and guns everytime they lose a ship.

6 minutes ago, Captain Lust said:

Not sure what you're trying to say here mate but if you want to play pve only you might aswell go to the pve server? Can't be right that some carebear pulls a mission in greenzone and gets xp/gold/upgrades with basically no risk while pvp players have to look for hours to get a decent fight, risk their ship and upgrades and all and get as much for sinking a player as for a bot?? ...on the pvp server? I mean what are you guys smoking?

Where did I say I want to play pve?

9 minutes ago, Captain Lust said:

Aparently, your type of play chased away 10000 players allready,(numbers according to admin). and all u think of is we need more rewards for pvp to chase away the rest of the players.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Sounds like you are giving up on this project with that last part of the statement.  

We never said that. This game was N1 top seller on steam for 2 weeks, we sold 130k copies, it is still in the top 200 top played games on Steam today, online is higher than lot of game done by teams with 1000x more budget. Its a super successful project - players just moved on and you want them back. 
And because players moved on the experience deteriorates for average players who become the target all the time (due to lack of targets). 

3 hours ago, Captain Lust said:

I'm sorry for playing pvp on the pvp server? [low brow insult]

As one cannot rank up by PvP only here, noobs are being hunted near national capitals by experienced and brave, or just bored and lazy plyers???

Don't blame devs for game mechanics if you choose the easy path and cut the branch under your butt.

• Like 2

Just now, Armored_Sheep said:

As one cannot rank up by PvP only here, noobs are being hunted near national capitals by experienced and brave, or just bored and lazy plyers???

I care to contradict you.  I ranked up by mostly PVP, have done a few missions with friends. Over 1K hours in game and still not max rank, at the rank one before max. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Daguse said:

What about a noob instance, in short you start a noob and till you are level 4 or 5 you are in a small map with every other nations noob. You can't pvp with anything other then the top level players (4 or 5). Once you hit the cap you get an option to join the rest of us in the real world. 

No seal clubbing no other shit. You could add video guides on how to play. 

Doesn't work that way cause you don't know who's a noob and who isn't and I'm sorry by 4-5th Rank you are getting into the ships that you have known the basics of the game. If anything the noobies are the 1-3 ranks only, but if I want to be an evil baby seal clubber I would just make a new char and keep him low level.  Ever time he level out of the noobie zone I just delete him and make a new one. I use to keep one char on games low level to help run new players through first parts of games.  That char was tanked out and maxed out for the newbie zones every time cause I ran a lot of folks.  When they got to high I just delete and make a new one.   Not to mention the best way for them to learn is to go out with other clan members/players to teach them the ropes.

14 minutes ago, Hodo said:

And NA Legends will be a meh hit at best.  No offense but the current market for instant action games is flooded.  A slow paced age of sail game will be popular for about a month until the next faster paced more exciting less realistic age of sail game comes out.... then the plague of locusts will jump there.  

You mean like a certain other Naval game or two that looks pretty cartoonist and fake that are coming out soon from other games and one looks very much like an arena style game?

23 minutes ago, admin said:

are you sure?

• lets say pvp rewards are increased a lot (by 3)
  • special chests are added for pvp players based on pvp score they gain 
  • special zone 6v6 is created in the center of map where every pvp player will come for fun for equal fights

Will it change something?

The xp and gold for PvP needs to be boosted like ya'll did with CM.  I think the CM feel about balanced with PvE now.  XP needs to be rewarded for damage again.   Most the time we have fights half us don't do enough damage to get a kill or assist and we leave the fight with zero rewards even though we might of spent it shooting sails to slow down the ship for the big boys.  This kills small new players from helping and leveling up with the older players in bigger ships.   Lets not even talk about if some one in your group caps the ship.  Now every one gets nothing other than that one player.  So XP needs to go back to being rewarded off damage done.

Bring back Paints Chest for PvP Leader board to  players.  Don't give out Notes or BP's as that hurts the crafters and market.  Only paint or some other cosmetic prizes.  Give out a chest for all those that win a Port battle too.  This will let the RvR/PvP guys stand out as they have painted ships.  They can still trade it to the casual players for money and all are happy.  Not every reward should be able to every player.  Just don't make them game breaking or OP rewards needed for certain type of game play like ships folks would use for PvP or RvR.6

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, admin said:

We never said that. This game was N1 top seller on steam for 2 weeks, we sold 130k copies, it is still in the top 200 top played games on Steam today, online is higher than lot of game done by teams with 1000x more budget. Its a super successful project - players just moved on and you want them back. 
And because players moved on the experience deteriorates for average players who become the target all the time (due to lack of targets). 

Sounds like we need to merge the servers and keep what small population we do have, active and engaged 

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Armored_Sheep said:

As one cannot rank up by PvP only here

I played pve to be able to crew a surprise and then ranked up all the way to max rank only with pvp.

2 minutes ago, Armored_Sheep said:

noobs are being hunted near national capitals

How can they be hunted when there will be huge greenzones? Did you even read what this thread is about? Did i say i enjoy sealclubbing or something? Stop using sealclubbers as excuse for your carebearing on the pvp server... 

Just now, Anne Wildcat said:

I care to contradict you.  I ranked up by mostly PVP, have done a few missions with friends. Over 1K hours in game and still not max rank, at the rank one before max. 

I ranked max before wipe, spent just few hundred hours. Was a part of clan. I also maxed the crafting lvl. Most of the content at that time was PvE. PvP was the spice from time to time for me. I lost many friends who ranked max and than found that there is no more game content for them. RvR and PvP should enrich the game world but not rule it IMHO

5 minutes ago, Captain Lust said:

I'm sorry for playing pvp on the pvp server? Must be the most retarded comment i've ever read on this forum... hands down...

Pure pvp server with no safe zones does not work for the majority if online is below 500. 

The problems as I see it.  

The servers are setup and described all wrong.  You have in this order.

EU Server 

Global Server

PVE Server

and that is all it says.  No information at all.  So one who lives in the EU would assume the EU server would be the same as the global server but just based in the EU.    And they would be wrong, BUT would be completely unable to move to the global server because of the setup of the servers.

Instead of having a brief description for each server on login you have nothing.  Which only caters to the EU server growth and death.  

My suggestions have been made and I will say them again.

PVE server needs to change to a limited server or (starter server).   Where you are limited to rank 4 max, and it is map size of the Bahamas, the old Rookie zone.   Once a player reaches rank 4 they can choose to take a token and go to either Limited RVR server, or the Global server.  They will get a redeemable on creation on the server of their choice for their XP crafting and captain level.    They should also get a redeemable Brig and Trader Brig.   This way they are not starting over in a cutter.   They should also have guns on both.  6lb mediums, 25 hull repairs and 25 rig repairs, and 100 rum.  As a starting package.   

This will give them something to start with.

Next you kill all missions above 4th rates.   You want to fight 1st rates, go hunt them.  

This isnt that hard to code into the game... and would actually go a long way to fixing a great deal of the server population issues.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I do not understand the backing away from the War Company idea... you had no one who earnestly opposed it, and smaller scale conflicts (sub-national) are an excellent way to make the game feel "smaller" at the same time as you make it more manageable for scaling conflict with changing population sizes in the future? The free-for-all battles for pirates prove this.

With all variety of choices we will pick the simplest solution solving the problem. You will just set your friendly clans who can enter your portbattles. National unity will remain intact, clans will still fight for the nation.

• Like 2

Pure pvp server with no safe zones does not work for the majority if online is below 500. 

Yes, and i want greenzones for noobs.... and at the same time more reward for pvp so they have a reason to come out when they ranked up / got fat... i didn't say anything against greenzones...