Game-Labs Forum

Questions to developers

15 hours ago, Koveras said:

How low can server population go before the game is no longer considered viable for GameLabs?

I think they would be happy if the server population goes to a bare minimum at this point. With no subscriptions or ongoing monetization going on ask yourself what higher server populations mean: higher maintenance costs for more server capacity...

The fewer battle instances spawned, the less they pay, so it’s in their interest to extract the most money from DLC out of new and existing customers without increasing (or in fact, they probably implement strategies to slow down) the rate at which instanced battles drain CPU cycles. 

Edited by Capitalism

Have the Rank 5 and Rank 4 (and possibly others) Hunt missions been nerfed?  Up to yesterday they generally offered a Gold Chest as well as a Mission Chest; now I have travelled to ten different ports, seen half a dozen of each mission offered and in every case it was Mission Chest only.  That's either a very big coincidence, or they've been nerfed in which I'll stop looking.

How about making Ship DLCs "ready-to-sail", that is including in the DLC a certain amount of repair kits and a choice of guns/carronades (the way you choose woods) for the casual players who just want to jump into a ship and play and have no time to do anything else than sailing/fighting/taking a mission ?

(btw those guns and kits could be nontransferable to another ship.)

Edited by LeBoiteux

17 minutes ago, LeBoiteux said:

How about making Ship DLCs "ready-to-sail", that is including in the DLC a certain amount of repair kits and a choice of guns/carronades (the way you choose woods) for the casual players who just want to jump into a ship and play and have no time to do anything else than sailing/fighting/taking a mission ?

(btw those guns and kits could be nontransferable to another ship.)

please no

• Like 1

Good afternoon dear Admins/Devs,

i am playing on PvE server and there a lot of ppl argueing and negatively spread information about the NPC Attack Ports update.

A lot of ppl already start complaining about relocating their shipyards, since with Clan-controlled harbors comes Port-Bonus now for us on PvE, others are saying that they dont want to get robbed by the one big clan dominating the pve server with controlling every harbor and taxing it out....others are even afraid that they are locked out now by NPC when they conquer an harbor now.

Since the PvE Server is flagged with: EcoSim, chilling, relaxed, no fight engagements if not wanted...how does the server motto now agree with the upcoming patch? Do ppl need to be afraid?

So to put it in a Nutshell:

1) Will clans be able to tax higher than the current standard tax settings?

2) will one loose anything, access or buildings due to a conquered harbor?

3) Will port bonus crafting be for everyone having a shipyard there?

4) Port Bonus will not be available at free harbors as it is now?

5) Will, like in Server-Description, all nations remain in peace with each other and everyone can access everywhere?

thanks for answering my questions.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2019 at 6:35 PM, DarkC said:

can anyone say what happened with 6 missions for one 4 c gold and selver chest in shroud cay?

On 8/16/2019 at 5:05 AM, Karvala said:

Have the Rank 5 and Rank 4 (and possibly others) Hunt missions been nerfed?  Up to yesterday they generally offered a Gold Chest as well as a Mission Chest; now I have travelled to ten different ports, seen half a dozen of each mission offered and in every case it was Mission Chest only.  That's either a very big coincidence, or they've been nerfed in which I'll stop looking.

These are not bugs, there was a small update regarding distribution of missions, detailed patchnotes will be updated once more changes are done.

21 hours ago, Sir Stuart Peach said:

Good afternoon dear Admins/Devs,

i am playing on PvE server and there a lot of ppl argueing and negatively spread information about the NPC Attack Ports update.

A lot of ppl already start complaining about relocating their shipyards, since with Clan-controlled harbors comes Port-Bonus now for us on PvE, others are saying that they dont want to get robbed by the one big clan dominating the pve server with controlling every harbor and taxing it out....others are even afraid that they are locked out now by NPC when they conquer an harbor now.

Since the PvE Server is flagged with: EcoSim, chilling, relaxed, no fight engagements if not wanted...how does the server motto now agree with the upcoming patch? Do ppl need to be afraid?

So to put it in a Nutshell:

1) Will clans be able to tax higher than the current standard tax settings?

2) will one loose anything, access or buildings due to a conquered harbor?

3) Will port bonus crafting be for everyone having a shipyard there?

4) Port Bonus will not be available at free harbors as it is now?

5) Will, like in Server-Description, all nations remain in peace with each other and everyone can access everywhere?

thanks for answering my questions.

Captain, once there is more infromation about upcoming changes to share with players, we will provide them 

• Like 1

Hi 

as we all know that after a battle we have a cooldown in the battle instance of 15 minutes.

i want to ask development to look again at this feature the reason for that is ROE is changed in the past years ,but the cooldown in battle after battle did not.

i would ask if the cooldown time can be shorter ..just to speed up the time sink and boring time spent on the water ... what reduces the will to play the game furthermore

A cool down for 10 minutes is enough to repair hull. so i would suggest that is more than enough time to have a cooldown.

perhaps devs can look at this feature again for fine tuning (/or as a test)

Greetings.

31 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I think that any mechanism that discourages post-battle revenge ganking would probably be better for the game, not worse, especially as player numbers continue to decline. More and more of us are having to solo hunt and revenge ganking makes that activity not much fun.

In that case we would have to have a 100% safe area around capitals

Any new information on PvE port battles? 

I was wondering if NPC raiders take a clan home port will the clan ware house, buildings and ships and anything else will be lost?

Can a clan set taxation without losing a port once port battles are in on PvE? 

What about building guns batteries? How will that work?

What can clan crafter expect for port upgrades in general. Can the crafters chose which ones or is it random?

How long was Capatin Black Beards peg leg? jk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Can you please restore the economy of trading resources? Trading used to be an exciting part of the game, taking risk by buying goods & get a good return on investment when evading the enemy & sneaking into port with violins or Madagascar jewels, etc.? Right now, there's no point in trading resources. Stores are empty & stagnant. The free, ready-made cargo with no risk is the problem. Can we balance the economy and attract more players?

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hey 

I play for Russia, and i am very sad that we always get called Zerg. In my opinion and according to numbers of the Clanleaderboard we arend that strong. But i would like to have numbers of Playerpopulation and i would prefer those numbers of guy which are usualy online more than 5 hours a week and going into Fights like PVP and PVE (activ Leveling). I think that we can like that get numbers which are not including alts (of caurse some alts will be in the Statistic, but mostly those alts will not be counted like that).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

Russia, depending on the time of day, probably has the most active players... That said, and let's be honest here, at least 50% of the "players" in Russia are alts doing passenger missions.

So I'd be very, very suspect of looking at number of anything other than the top two ranks of players, and those players with more than one PvP kill in the last week. I think you'd find those numbers start to even out quite quickly between at least the Dutch and Russia, and then dips in favor of Dutch, GB, Pirates and U.S. as you get into night times.

So to call Russia a "zerg" is not really warranted in my opinion.

Keep telling yourself that brah and you will actually start to believe it.

tin foil.jpg

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Immersive Ganking said:

Keep tellling yourself that Russia is not a zerg. Accoring to @qw569 in September 2019 Russians crafted 295 first rates ONLY in Vera Cruz. The Dutch build 141 first rates in Maracaibo and the Brits 129 in Truxillo. Add another 48 first rates from New Orleans and 41 from Campeche to the Russian numbers and you end up with 384 first rates for the Russians. Adding the 76 first rates build in Coro to the Dutch roster, it's still "only" 217 first rates crafted in September on the Dutch.

Other nations simply cannot keep up with Russian numbers, please stop pretending that Russia isn't a powerhouse.

Its because russia loses more 1st rates in endless Carta grinds 

tenor.gif

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Beeekonda said:

Its because russia loses more 1st rates in endless Carta grinds 

tenor.gif

it doesn't matter! they have more ships on the bottom of the sea! they are clearly a zerg then!

perhaps he got defeated by those terribly weak HAN and now he's sad about it?

Edited by Captain2Strong

On 10/11/2019 at 11:21 PM, Immersive Ganking said:

Keep tellling yourself that Russia is not a zerg. Accoring to @qw569 in September 2019 Russians crafted 295 first rates ONLY in Vera Cruz. The Dutch build 141 first rates in Maracaibo and the Brits 129 in Truxillo. Add another 48 first rates from New Orleans and 41 from Campeche to the Russian numbers and you end up with 384 first rates for the Russians. Adding the 76 first rates build in Coro to the Dutch roster, it's still "only" 217 first rates crafted in September on the Dutch.

Other nations simply cannot keep up with Russian numbers, please stop pretending that Russia isn't a powerhouse.

I never Sayed that we dont have the Better infra structure... but i would still want to have numbers from the Devs.

• 3 weeks later...

Well it looks like we're getting two Temeraire class ships with some teases that point towards having both Redoubtable and Implacable. I for one look forward to the inevitable balance upsets where Wreker can put 36s on her main gundeck and 32s on her second, Temeraire can put 36s on her main and Montanes being a speed demon or the alternative of the massive arguments the ship's fan clubs will have for them not being accurate portrayals of their historic selves 😛

18 minutes ago, Fluffy Fishy said:

Redoubtable

Le Redoutable, 74 guns, built in France in 1794 (Téméraire class), sank in the storm following the battle of 1805, before any change of name

HMS Redoubtable, 74 guns, built in UK in 1806 (Armada class)

If I ain't mistaken 🙂

Edited by LeBoiteux
  • Like 3

Typically, after a port changes hands, no hostility can be generated for a couple of days.  I'm wondering why the French on the PVE server were able to set a PB less than an hour after the NPCs took it.  I've posted about this on a couple of other sections, but aren't getting any sort of answer.  

What's up with this, devs?