Game-Labs Forum

Abilene Paradox - Features that you think others like but personally hate

"UNLOCKING SLOTS FOR EVERYSHIP"

We all do this, but I have never seen a player enjoying this, this is like a torture. For example I only unlocked 2 slots on Victory, now if Victory classic comes, than all slots on it will also be locked. Like uss and constitution. It is a meaningless grind, and it is also very difficult to unlock slots by pvp, you need to pve. Cause you have to attack a bigger or at least equal ship, to have some normal xp.

I can sink 15x5th rates in my Victory alone, I tell you it is not that easy, as 15 npc has some decent dps. So after sinking them all I will get 1000 xp total ? But if I keep doing stupid kill missions and sink another stupid npc 1st rate, I get 2000-3000 xp.

Purposal, if you have unlocked any 1-2 ship in a class, other ships comes with 3 slots unlocked and only 2 slots left to grind. Because you are already an experienced captain in the same rank ships, you already know how to sail and fight on them.

This all unlocking slots thing is pushing people away from some ships and also the game.

• Like 14
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Tiedemann said:

AĀ DLC ship should never be the best in it's class imo, and for RvR you can easily balance it with the BR and you guys have done a great job balancing all DLC ships EXCEPT for the Le Requin.Ā As far as I'm aware the Redoutable is onlyĀ used for grinding hostility and as a plan B shipĀ in PBs when nothing else is available. As far as I'm aware crafted ships are still preferred over allĀ DLC ships in port battles, except for the Le Requin.Ā 

I'd like to second this notion...Le Requin is a requirement to winĀ port battles, as there is no other ship with itsĀ sail profile, HP, cannon loadout, and crew to fill that role. I dare anyone to find a contested port battle screenshot without a Le Req on the winning side. I don't think it exists...

It seems to be pay to win port battles. If your side doesn't have enough people with the DLC to deploy them regularly, too bad! I guess you lose your port battles.

I saw our team just today struggling to find someone who has the Requin DLC. The pirate attacks on Atwoods didn't succeed twice despite us winning the big ship fights, simply because we did not have enough Requins.

This problem could be easily resolved by making Le Requin permits available for 5-10 CMs. This way anyone can sail the ship needed to win PBs.

Edited by Doug Maoz
phrasing
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, AeRoTR said:

Historicaly it reduces the strain and stress on the ship hull, when you make rapid broadsides, you prefer random fire. In this game it is just place holder. If we had some structural failures due to broadsides, it would make sense, just like battle sails which were used to reduce danger of fires spreading.

Historically random fire was used in the hot phase of a battle, when every ball counts and should be shot as fast as possible.Ā 

Firing from bow or stern was for reduces strain, while the fire was still somehow controlled.Ā 

The full simultaneous broadside, causing more confusion at the enemy, causes the maximum strain. Which I would love to see in game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Sea Archer said:

Historically random fire was used in the hot phase of a battle, when every ball counts and should be shot as fast as possible.Ā 

Firing from bow or stern was for reduces strain, while the fire was still somehow controlled.Ā 

The full simultaneous broadside, causing more confusion at the enemy, causes the maximum strain. Which I would love to see in game.

maybe random fire could have a bonus to reload shocking an enemy? but then i don't know how you would "make" that work.

3 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

maybe random fire could have a bonus to reload shocking an enemy? but then i don't know how you would "make" that work.

Maybe we could switch to random fire when at point blank range, letting the crew fire as fast as possible without aiming. Could increase the fire rate by 10%.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

maybe random fire could have a bonus to reload shocking an enemy?

I think it currently does fire the broadside a little bit faster than Front/Stern. That being said...I'd rather it was just removed (or had an option to remove it) so I stop shooting it accidentally.

I'm willing to bet the number of times anyone at all on the server used random fire intentionally can be counted on one hand.

• Like 1

New players are starting at capitals and buildings shipyards which costs the same money, but does not give any port bonus.

Capitals should give some port bonuses, for example GB-reloading FR-Mast thickness US-speed and so on , some bonuses special to the nation and capital.

They should be 40-45 point ports and fixed bonus. So good clans and veteren playersĀ will still prefer 50-55 point shipyards.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Doug Maoz said:

I think it currently does fire the broadside a little bit faster than Front/Stern. That being said...I'd rather it was just removed (or had an option to remove it) so I stop shooting it accidentally.

I'm willing to bet the number of times anyone at all on the server used random fire intentionally can be counted on one hand.

I actually use it a lot in boarding and when broad side to broad side with some one I'm graping and such.Ā  It makes the hit box's become more spread out so you actually destroy more cannons and crewĀ  than shooting all your shots at the same hit box at one location.Ā  Ā Been doing this for years...lol

But I do agree it's a pain when you forget and mess up a good broad side cause you forgot to switch it back to Bow or Stern order.

16 minutes ago, AeRoTR said:

New players are starting at capitals and buildings shipyards which costs the same money, but does not give any port bonus.

Capitals should give some port bonuses, for example GB-reloading FR-Mast thickness US-speed and so on , some bonuses special to the nation and capital.

They should be 40-45 point ports and fixed bonus. So good clans and veteren playersĀ will still prefer 50-55 point shipyards.

I still liked when some regions gave you certian perks but don't do it like it use to be where only certain ones do.Ā  We have AI traits we can't craft that could be added to the player pool in certain regions.Ā  Ā So it really doesn't matter who owns the port in that region you can get a chance of that perk instead of the cramp, strong rig, fast, etc we get now.Ā Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1

Magic, must-have super mods and books that allow for Franken-ships. Ā Having two of theā€sameā€ ship where one is 25% better at everything is not my cup of tea. Ā Too many mods stack and are way too high of a bonus %. Ā Ship bonuses should be capped at 5-10%. Ā 

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Mr Pellew said:

Having to doĀ PvE (hostillity missions)Ā to achive things in RvR.

Ā 

Yes. Attacking (player) traders, blockading ports (PvP kills), port raids (mini PB, like go destroy the towers or something, must have players able to defend), etc should all generate hostility.

Edited by GrubbyZebra
  • Like 1

Ā 

On 2/10/2020 at 6:45 PM, Lars Kjaer said:
On 2/10/2020 at 5:14 AM, admin said:

Ā 

But it seems to me that this is a clear signal that players will pay anything to avoid shipbuilding (if they are only interested inĀ pvp rvr game)?
Ā 

I can confirm that if u get a redoubtable, you simply focus on having fun. Imo it's not a question of whether or not that there is too many redoubtables in game, it's a question

@admin

Ā This is WRONG!

you are assuming here :

redout is a big ship witchĀ and what's outclassing many other ship classes , and is just a convenient....choice .(for the time being) -Ā  (the promise not to put in 3 rateĀ wasĀ a valid choice back in the days for that particular reason (s o l)Ā )

"the o p ening of the pandora's box math"

Ā 

but it doesn't matter :

if you had put all the dlc in the game after all the crafted ships wereĀ put in place in the gameĀ  Ā  >>Ā  you had a other result .....

(its a short notice decision to have a nice ship already , but not a necessity to play the game in the long run)

Many are waiting for particularĀ ships (at least i know, many many many do.!

(you will see that soon enough , [ The Glory of the Nation update]Ā  but i and many can not go into >>Ā  details << ..... it will affect your parameters for implementation [what weĀ don'tĀ want] )

Ā 

abandonĀ that thought.

ALSO :Ā the drop rateĀ for 24Ā  hours for a DLC is a major advantageĀ for dlc players .(better was to have an new DLCĀ ship AFTER maintenanceĀ reset as a game mechanic . what is also 24 hours 1 ship at the time,Ā  but, and that , can also restrict theĀ  useĀ  of 2 ,3Ā  or 4 DLC ships on a singleĀ  day,Ā  if a person is away for someĀ  days or so..(collecting multipleĀ ship in fleet at a given point of the day and further not to play that dayĀ  ) [i see that too,... only login to collect and leave and come back the 3 th day ]

Ā 

ps..i dont mind people do so , but don't blame the regular player, that they want only DLC ships. (that is not alwaysĀ true)

"also some are bought to sponsor the game " {but that'sĀ a minority}

You can be proud.

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Thonys

5 minutes ago, Genevieve Malfleurs said:

itĀ“s not the noobs that linger in enemy waters with basic-cutters! but hey, just see it the way you like...

that may be true, but since there is no way to tell if the basic cutter has a noob in it or not, and the person sailing it is at least equally likely to be a n00b or a vet, then we err on the side of caution and don't give PvP kill credit for clubbing baby seals, I mean, killing basic cutters.Ā 

Edited by GrubbyZebra
  • Like 1

DLC flags.

I'd like the option to turn them off from my side, orĀ to chosse those I'm fine with and those I want to hide.

Ā 

Event better if we could do the same with paints. Yes, I'm talking about you, black sails ;)

Cheers.

Edited by Serk
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 2/12/2020 at 11:45 AM, GrubbyZebra said:

that may be true, but since there is no way to tell if the basic cutter has a noob in it or not, and the person sailing it is at least equally likely to be a n00b or a vet, then we err on the side of caution and don't give PvP kill credit for clubbing baby seals, I mean, killing basic cutters.Ā 

Basic cutters up to m&c rank could have a different colour and give no kill.Ā 

M&C rank upwarts could have a black hull and give the kill.

Shouldn't be too difficult to code.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1