Game-Labs Forum

Abilene Paradox - Features that you think others like but personally hate

4 hours ago, Lt Sekiro said:

Forticiation in OW.

Too mutch fort for cover player all over the map , i understand fort near big city or tower everywhere , but fort in all town make pvp more a player vs fort than a reall battle.

I know this is breaking the idea of the thread but here I have to leave a comment so please bear with me...

OW fortifications is simply unrealistic. The amount of heavy artillery in the forts/towers in the game surpasses the entire artillery in Europes land armies at the time. Not just in calibre, but in pure numbers as well. It's unrealistic, it ruins immersion and for trader protection we already have a shit ton of AIs and in the capital waters we even have privateer fleets.. Actually the privateer fleets seem to be from fx. Gustavia to La Mona... Atleast in my unpleasent experience.

Suggestion: Leave fortifications at capitals only and the rest of the PBs should be decided by the fleet engagements.

Sailing same OP ships every time, even if you dont like how they look.

Just because if you dont, you will be in disadvantage in an even BR fight. The experienced player often sacrifices what he would love to sail for a ship in which he has more chances to win.

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Montagnes
  • Like 1

Lack of variety in certain aspects of the game.Ā 

What I mean by this is certain parts of the game like RvR and even PvE have become at times almost a routine. PvE it is a grind. Hard to get new players committed into the game when most go through PvE to grind through the ranks and try to improve themselves safely in the game. The missions do help with this but still are very grinding. Then with RvR there is only one gametype, capture and control. There were other port battles in early battle that did things differently to a degree. Otherwise things become dull and repetitive. It is not that things in the game I do not like but rather the game can be pushed farther and expanded upon.Ā 

• Like 5

20 hours ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

The accuracy of stern chasers compared to bow chasers. I don't understand why the rear is so much more accurate, it only benefits those who run away.

There is a big pointy stick in the front with a rag hanging off it. No such obstruction in the back.

Also the front is pointy, and the back is flat.

i have the ships to practise (4/3/2/1)..............!!

but not the missions to practise with the :Ā Ā 1/2/3/ 4 rates..>> they do not exist ?? .(some arias)Ā 

and nobody seems to care...Ā (it seems that the admiralties of the game are stupid and unintelligent leaders and do nothing!.Ā  )

Ā 

There should always be a mission in your port wherever your fleets are located..... or ports >>>Ā  you posses . (? should it be always at the [same important]Ā ports of nearby enemies? ? >>Ā  no variety there .!Ā )

(it seems everybody like to go to war with a broken mast ,half loaded gun ship, or undercrewed vessel to be found by the enemy easy . ) [ seriously..!Ā  you like that.]

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 3

called:Ā  kill missions: ( you can not kill a player,Ā  Ā or a shipĀ Ā )

you can :Sink a playerĀ or destroyĀ a ship . (dumb pronouncement) >>Ā  Destroy mission

Ā 

( A shipĀ is a She [woman] )

"some need to grow up toĀ maturity"

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 1

i do not like :

to strong Demast meta on the lower mast (single shot demasting )

------------------------------

don't get me wrong here} i like :>>

(ps notĀ talking about the rake shooting what will demast the bottom section [that's good] )

(suggestion) >> top sections >>> needs to go firstĀ  ) >>> (a indicator). {vertical shooting first top section to progress on lower section]

[>>no vertical (aim} >>no demasting lower section (period} ]]

Ā 

demasting >>currently mandatory, at firstĀ  and mainly >>> battle gameplayĀ  breaker . (player vs any player upgrade? cheat. on knowledge )

Ā 

Edited by Thonys