Game-Labs Forum

Abilene Paradox - Features that you think others like but personally hate

On 2/8/2020 at 4:48 AM, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Demasting meta.

It should be a lot harder to demast.

Careful what you wish for. Due to raking being able to kill ships without needing to board/fight the side at all, some ships are able to punch far above their weight class. How many snows have you lost in a 1v1 when you still had both your masts?

On 2/13/2020 at 9:17 PM, Sea Archer said:

Basic cutters up to m&c rank could have a different colour and give no kill. 

M&C rank upwarts could have a black hull and give the kill.

Shouldn't be too difficult to code.

Wouldn't matter. I'd kill them anyway since I have an account for book transportation that is decidedly low rank. I expect others to have the same.

On 2/11/2020 at 3:21 AM, Angus MacDuff said:

Group activities.  Many (most?) players prefer to be in a group, but I personally like to hunt alone or with one buddy.  This is a huge disadvantage for me as it limits many of the advantages that a group (clan) can achieve.  In order to craft, I must be on a friendly clan list.  This is better now that the lists have been extended, but you still have to go hat in hand to get "permission" to use a clan's port. Sailing alone means I rarely see the chests that the larger groups can claim, which limits the necessary loot required to play on an equal footing against others.  I have NEVER seen a shed or wood permit, although I get numerous Captain's and Gold chests.  It seems you must kill large AI to achieve success in the War server.  Group/clan activities is just not attractive to every player, and you are at a disadvantage if you don't "conform".

Its not IMO a matter of conforming. It is simply a matter of content areas. Supply chains require cooperation, hence group play suits it. Taking down large fleets is the same.

I prefer the opposite style of game that you do and I never see a CM.  Should I have the ability to mine for CMs since it is unfair to me?

We choose the style of game we play, and we can't have it all. Its as simple as that. Changing it to make it faceroll for any play-style is what ruined games like world of warcraft adn it would ruin this game too.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, John Cavanaugh said:

The sail force/acceleration/deceleration of the Snow specifically, and the sail force/acceleration model generally.

#makeSailingGreatAgain

#nerfTheSnow

Not only Snow, but also other magical ships like Le Requin, have these acceleration related anomalies. Same happens to bigger ships, with Elite Spanish. So it is a wider range problem which needs correction.

Demasting has always been meta. The horizontal accuracy of single shot is way too high. 

Edited by AeRoTR
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, AeRoTR said:

Not only Snow, but also other magical ships like Le Requin, have these acceleration related anomalies. Same happens to bigger ships, with Elite Spanish. So it is a wider range problem which needs correction.

Demasting has always been meta. The horizontal accuracy of single shot is way too high. 

Demasting is a necessary evil at the moment, due in a large part to the sailing model. 

Snow or other such small ship riding the stern of a larger ship, able to regain lost speed at a moment’s notice and thus maintain relative positioning despite turning into the eye of the wind repeatedly? Unless they let you board them or hand you the battle in some other way, dismasting is frequently the only answer left. Making sternway can shake some ships, but any good snow captain has dealt with that trick before. 

And most people don’t understand how demasting works anyway. Plenty of people can aim, but most don’t fully grasp, or seem to, the full impact of range on penetration, nor just how hard you can make your own masts to hit if you fall back to the boom and zoom tactics of ancient 2016. 

Fix sailing and demasting will become both more difficult and less necessary.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Quiet Assassin said:

Zerg nations. Russia owns half the world, yet Poland & Prussia don't even have a few permanent ports. 

Cap the number of ports a nation can hold (it can be a large number, but right now it's ridiculous)

Give smaller nations a chance to compete, otherwise players give up on them & join the Zerg

Russia got what they have because they worked for it they have exactly the same number of perm ports as Poland and Prussia, whats next my Nation GB complaining they only have Jamica FFS get a life man.

Perhaps beyond a set number of ports owned a Nation should have a penalty of some sort for every port over this number they own.

• Like 1

On 2/12/2020 at 11:11 AM, Genevieve Malfleurs said:

killing a basic cutter should give a "kill". propably the basic one could also look slightly different than the hms alert?

ERROR:No:1

sinking a basic basic cutter should give a 'kill'  probably :))........

Edited by Thonys

On 2/19/2020 at 3:47 PM, Custard said:

Russia got what they have because they worked for it they have exactly the same number of perm ports as Poland and Prussia, whats next my Nation GB complaining they only have Jamica FFS get a life man.

Perhaps beyond a set number of ports owned a Nation should have a penalty of some sort for every port over this number they own.

Wrong

On 2/19/2020 at 1:17 PM, Quiet Assassin said:

Zerg nations. Russia owns half the world, yet Poland & Prussia don't even have a few permanent ports. 

Cap the number of ports a nation can hold (it can be a large number, but right now it's ridiculous)

Give smaller nations a chance to compete, otherwise players give up on them & join the Zerg

prussia? talk to sweden why prussia stopped taking ports. 

poland? they are all alting in the dutch and dont care. again, talk to sweden why they enable that carebear bs

3 hours ago, Genevieve Malfleurs said:

will you ever do something against these people? tranny, bastard idiot, piss off, i  ***ked your mother... (johanson ironside)

always in this way!!!

20200224144528_1.jpg

Usually, people writing this is not equipped for doing it...

• Thanks 1