Game-Labs Forum

Pre-Release Server Status Information

Well good thing about being let go from work Friday is I have this week off for sure.  I’ll prob be starting better new job next week or the one after (waiting on paper work to clear)  so we know where I’ll be most of this weekend.  I was kinda hopping for a bit early release but Thur-Friday works for me.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Well good thing about being let go from work Friday is I have this week off for sure.  I’ll prob be starting better new job next week or the one after (waiting on paper work to clear)  so we know where I’ll be most of this weekend.  I was kinda hopping for a bit early release but Thur-Friday works for me.

Best of luck with the new job!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Slim McSauce said:

I seriously doubt they do, but you have to make do with the time windows you have. EA no longer benefits NA we need the release population more than anything. It's never too late for a game like NA there will always be people interested. It's not the best release but it's far from the worst.

What is "release population"? Do they have people tied in a basement that they'll let go free once the maintenance on June 14th is done? Where is this population I keep reading about gonna come from? Nothing personal towards you. More of an example of a question that is open for everybody.

What data shows that will get a population boost on release? 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, admin said:

Hello Captains

• War server (pvp) will be stopped tomorrow - Tuesday 11th of June somewhere after maintenance for the installation of the release patch and pre-release testing (additional infrastructure and instances added to support the release)
  • Peace server (pve) will continue normally until the launch. 

Launch window is set for Thursday 13th of June to Friday 14th of June (but if we are able to test everything properly we might release on wednesday evening (kiev time). 

Other events that happened on the 13-14th of June

• Edict of Milan
  • Munich was founded
  • Battle of Naseby
  • Raid on Medway 
  • Declaration of California republic
  • Creation of the United states continental army
  • Star and stripes flag adopted
  • First Oxford Regatta
  • Battle of Villers Bocage
  • First monkey rides a V-2 rocket into space
  • Some famous people were born on the 13-14th of June: including Skarsgard, Alzheimer, Che Guevara and Donald Trump

Summary

• Launch between 13th or 14th
  • War Server - will be down from 11th until 13th or 14th of June
  • Peace Server - will be down on 13th of June for long maintenance

Any word on advertising or promotional material be it youtube or steam or both?

• Like 7

Great to hear...  speaking of raids...  is that something we might look forward to later this summer?  This in turn raises a different line of thought: where is the testing of new patches going to take place?  A new test bed server?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RyebreadMike said:

Best of luck with the new job!

Thanks, it was the old company I got laid off from back in 2015 that gave me so much free time in this game. It's almost like this timing was meant to be.  1-2 weeks off to play on release and than back to the grind where I'll prob hardly be on....lol

Devs a pre-patch note might be nice cause a lot of us are wondering about the Alliance system and some other things.   

1 hour ago, Simon Cadete said:

What is "release population"? Do they have people tied in a basement that they'll let go free once the maintenance on June 14th is done? Where is this population I keep reading about gonna come from? Nothing personal towards you. More of an example of a question that is open for everybody.

What data shows that will get a population boost on release? 

No data just that when the game is released, it's put on the "new releases" page which a lot of people will see. Many will set aside their past experience and check out the game once more, if the hype is big enough youtubers get in on the action like they've done before, this time updated their opinions for release

Whether the hype increases or decreases from that point relies on what's lined up for the future. Look at dayZ's chart, a game with similar problems gaining an absolutely massive boost from it's release although the general opinion is that it was rushed, it was necessary to revive the dying hype and get it back on good track.

I think you are right but I think the initial spike might actually be really high. I'm aware of a LOT of old players returning and even whole clans reforming. But all are saying: 'I will have a look but if grind/trading/PB's/Hostility/Upgrades etc etc havn't been fixed then I won't stay' .....and let's be honest...they havn't been.  The new player environment will be as brutal as ever so I can't see brand new player retention improving too much either.

Having said that, the (intended or otherwise) nerf of DLC as a by product of Port Bonuses and damage model has watered down the PTW label somewhat, people think/know/hope that there are no more asset wipes and of course the perception that the game is 'finished' will all help.

There is a vicious circle of: low pop effects playability - causes low pop. A sustained period of 1k peak 4-500 off peak might just be enough to keep it a playable game for longer and so sustain it and perhaps even build it up? Optimistic perhaps, all guesswork of course, but it's just about possible, perhaps, finger x'd, you never know, maybe.

9 hours ago, Severus Snape said:

Pardon the rudeness, but information has been a bit vague the past couple months.  Any word on...

Raids, PB bonus adjustments, final port battle BR, Alliance mechanic, 50 or so paints we were promised 30 days after painter DLC...+ quite a few other things. 

Thanks 

Why would you need answers to those when you got awesome wikipedia facts to fill in the void? 🤣

• Like 2

10 hours ago, admin said:

Hello Captains

• War server (pvp) will be stopped tomorrow - Tuesday 11th of June somewhere after maintenance for the installation of the release patch and pre-release testing (additional infrastructure and instances added to support the release)
  • Peace server (pve) will continue normally until the launch. 

Launch window is set for Thursday 13th of June to Friday 14th of June (but if we are able to test everything properly we might release on wednesday evening (kiev time). 

• Edict of Milan
  • Munich was founded
  • Battle of Naseby
  • Raid on Medway 
  • First Oxford Regatta
  • Some famous people were born on the 13-14th of June: including Skarsgard, Alzheimer, Che Guevara and Donald Trump

Summary

• Launch between 13th or 14th
  • War Server - will be down from 11th until 13th or 14th of June
  • Peace Server - will be down on 13th of June for long maintenance

Thank you for the information, looking forward to it....

8 hours ago, Slim McSauce said:

I seriously doubt they do, but you have to make do with the time windows you have. EA no longer benefits NA we need the release population more than anything. It's never too late for a game like NA there will always be people interested. It's not the best release but it's far from the worst.

..for what? to see the pop grow, to see the new players realize all the unfinished features and imbalanced nations the broken eco and all the other problems and then see all the the new players leave again and write a new negative review? Yes new players will come. I doubt that there will be much of them and i doubt they will stay long and i doubt the dev planning to develop the game after release.

Edited by Sven Silberbart
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, admin said:

• Edict of Milan
  • Munich was founded
  • Battle of Naseby
  • Raid on Medway 
  • First Oxford Regatta

Seriously? That's it? 

What about alliances? 

Broken trading? 

Overinflated BR for ports? 

Dozens of other issues? 

Seriously? Monkeys on V2? 

• Like 5

Some of you work SO hard to convince the rest of us to be as miserable about this game as you are.  Well it ain't going to work.  Cannons, on sailing ships.  It's as simple as that.  Well that and sharing it with others who share my fascination with it.

There actually IS a difference between constructive criticism and whining.  This, me, right here .. this is me whining about all the whining whiners.  All the people that just can't get it into their heads that there are people that enjoy this game for what it is and really don't give a hoot about what y'all WANT to see in it.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, RyebreadMike said:

There actually IS a difference between constructive criticism and whining.  This, me, right here .. this is me whining about all the whining whiners.  All the people that just can't get it into their heads that there are people that enjoy this game for what it is and really don't give a hoot about what y'all WANT to see in it.

Believe me, it's just two weeks ago when I was still like you. And I didn't mind being accused of fanboyism for months...

Ship wipe on PvE server broke something in me.

Edited by Cetric de Cornusiac
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Wraith said:

Given the absolute grind (remember when the dev's actually cared about why players didn't advance beyond the brig? and they fixed that by basically just warping players past the 7th and 6th rated ships and then making them irrelevant?) and nichey-ness of this game I'd guess that the percentage of new buyers retained will be even smaller than all previous buyers, and the old players returning to check things out will stick around right up until they discover the game hasn't really changed in three years, at least in any substantive way, and they'll disappear too... Let's give them, what, a month?

I'm happy to be proved wrong, honestly.. But if we have more than 1000  average daily players by Christmas time I'll be dumbfounded. Pleased, but dumbfounded.

thank god we dont have a quest/mission designer amiright

9 hours ago, H982 FKL said:

Ich muss noch sagen, ich bin SEHR nervös in Bezug auf den Stand des Spiels in Bezug auf das Gleichgewicht und die Wirtschaftlichkeit (oder das Fehlen davon) und bin immer noch sehr überrascht, dass Sie das Spiel für vollständig halten

Ein Release bedeutet nicht, das ein Spiel vollständig ist. Sollte es so sein wäre es ja traurig, da sonst keine Weiterentwicklung stattfinden könnte. In meinen fast 20 Jahren im MMO habe ich Spiele online gehen sehen die waren weitaus unausgereifter und haben es trotzdem geschafft Millionen an Spielern anzuziehen.

Ich vertraue den Jungs den die Fortschritte sind klar erkennbar und die bisherigen Updates haben waren nie schlecht.

• Like 2

The release announcement is finally a great step. For me this means I'm going to play on PVE server now, unless the game takes a big step forward to a balanced playable and joyful PVP game again. This is definitely not true for now - and maybe it will never be, but let's wait and see ...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sven Silberbart said:

..for what? to see the pop grow, to see the new players realize all the unfinished features and imbalanced nations the broken eco and all the other problems and then see all the the new players leave again and write a new negative review? Yes new players will come. I doubt that there will be much of them and i doubt they will stay long and i doubt the dev planning to develop the game after release.

If they announce a roadmap for the next development steps it could work but otherwise I have to agree with you Sven.

The new and the old disapointed players deserve a perpective for the next years.

• Like 1