Game-Labs Forum

Pre-Release Server Status Information

6 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

subscriptions are so out dated, they would loose players for sure with that.   Honestly it's going to turn F2P eventually with them doing more DLC to buy I bet.  Just like POTBS went that route.

Didnt POBS go Kaput? or close to it? not a good sign here for NA, Not sure i would pay to keep servers up with 300 on line.

3 hours ago, Le Vagabond said:

The community should take this as an incentive to work out the ideas in detail on the forums... 😉

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

:)

Edited by RyebreadMike

11 hours ago, Severus Snape said:

You mean the first port battle when 1 nation has PB Bonus ships and the other is in redeemable Ratts only filling half the BR?

No, he means the last battle where both nations have fully upgraded ships - you know, the one before port of one of those nations is taken, leading to an unbreakable hegemony of the second one. 

To be completely fair though, I heard devs are planning to address this as well. Let's see and wait :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vazco said:

No, he means the last battle where both nations have fully upgraded ships - you know, the one before port of one of those nations is taken, leading to an unbreakable hegemony of the second one. 

To be completely fair though, I heard devs are planning to address this as well. Let's see and wait :)

Imho periodic map wipes would do marvels to the game

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Archipel said:

I can see many pros to what you say.  The major con for me though, is the enormous amount of investment that goes into making a "crafting" base now.  A periodic map wipe would destroy all of that. 

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

I can see many pros to what you say.  The major con for me though, is the enormous amount of investment that goes into making a "crafting" base now.  A periodic map wipe would destroy all of that. 

Exactly. That would put clans to work again and again generating content.

• Like 1

Just now, Angus MacDuff said:

argh, correct.  I don't know what the answer is to nations getting wiped.  Would be nice to have some mechanic in place that would help them get back on their feet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RyebreadMike said:

argh, correct.  I don't know what the answer is to nations getting wiped.  Would be nice to have some mechanic in place that would help them get back on their feet.

You mean some sort of redeemable?  Map gets wiped but every clan that had major bases gets replacement resources?

20 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

You mean some sort of redeemable?  Map gets wiped but every clan that had major bases gets replacement resources?

No, I was actually thinking of some sort of dynamic setting in the game that makes it harder and harder to wipe out a nation ... :) should be easy right? lol

• Like 1

ok .. really no thought into this just throwing it out there so flail away :) .. but maybe something like if a nation gets under x ports then taking a port from them gets harder in some manner.  Where 'X' is some number deemed appropriate by the gods-that-be.  Maybe have an assigned 'minimum-port' number for each nation depending on its location and where it lies on the 'hard-to-play' scale.

Edited by RyebreadMike
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Archipel said:

Actually a system which wipes out the winning nation could be cool - eg. you get a message "congratulations, your nation just reached annals of history", every member of a clan with X ports gets a medal, and nation gets wiped, having to compete with others.

You get recognition, but again have to fight for ports.

A wipe would be good, but would make largest and best organized group dominate again. If only the winner gets wiped, at least other clans would have a chance to matter for a few days/weeks.

(it's easy to say, hard to plan in a sustainable way)

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, vazco said:

Actually a system which wipes out the winning nation could be cool - eg. you get a message "congratulations, your nation just reached annals of history", every member of a clan with X ports gets a medal, and nation gets wiped, having to compete with others.

You get recognition, but again have to fight for ports.

A wipe would be good, but would make largest and best organized group dominate again. If only the winner gets wiped, at least other clans would have a chance to matter for a few days/weeks.

(it's easy to say, hard to plan in a sustainable way)

That's another take on end-game.  If a single nation takes all ports but nation capitals they 'win' and port wipe.  But, there again we deal with starting over again with resource / port benefits grinds.  Which isn't necessarily a terrible thing.

Edited by RyebreadMike
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, RyebreadMike said:

No, I was actually thinking of some sort of dynamic setting in the game that makes it harder and harder to wipe out a nation ... :) should be easy right? lol

If alliance system could make if nation own over 50% of port on map that alliances change (grand coalition) against nation until back to lower amount.

Still no post from dev about this if coming or not.

1 minute ago, Doh said:

If alliance system could make if nation own over 50% of port on map that alliances change (grand coalition) against nation until back to lower amount.

Still no post from dev about this if coming or not.

Yes.  This is another idea.  Not sure if there are any hidden negatives to it .. but I like it too.

1 minute ago, Angus MacDuff said:

Whilst we are enthusiastically punching out these great ideas, Devs are releasing the game.  There may not be any more substantive changes in the future.  Fun to dream I guess...

This is just me tossing out idea for the halibut.  If the devs already have something planned for this, great.  If they don't and see something here workable, great.  If neither, I'll play/enjoy the game anyway :)

• Like 1

Alliances make small nation more viable as a part of a larger group. Right now, those underpopulated nation are left to die and rot, with the foreseeable consequence on global player population.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, RyebreadMike said:

Yes.  This is another idea.  Not sure if there are any hidden negatives to it .. but I like it too.

Yes, there are :) Forced alliances don't work, we tested it in the past.

It's fun to throw those ideas out, without thinking through all details. The funny thing is, details usually break them :P One introduced succesful idea is more worth than 100 ideas which were not tested yet :)

5 hours ago, Capt-Cook said:

Didnt POBS go Kaput? or close to it? not a good sign here for NA, Not sure i would pay to keep servers up with 300 on line.

No POTBS is still alive.  Its literally been kept alive by the playerbase.  Its been sold multiple times but the players loved it.  Interesting story here;

https://www.pcgamer.com/pirates-of-the-burning-sea-2019/

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, vazco said:

Yes, there are :) Forced alliances don't work, we tested it in the past.

It's fun to throw those ideas out, without thinking through all details. The funny thing is, details usually break them :P One introduced succesful idea is more worth than 100 ideas which were not tested yet :)

Funny :) .. I mentioned that there could be negatives, which pretty much assumes that it might not turn out to be a successful idea.  Some details as to why it didn't work in the past might have been nice though; as were were pondering different aspects of it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Angus MacDuff said:

When it gets to be that much work, it can be more than many are willing to tolerate.  It's not just large clans that do this. 

It took most of the big nations what a week or two to get the points to mostly 4's.   If you did a map reset (not resources and ships) once in a blue moon it would keep the game from getting boring.  Evently both servers got like this where no one attacked each other and you had dead clans holding ports but caue of timers and stock pile coin they did't loose the ports.   Any important clans/ports would have stock piles to just flip there port right after reeset and reset things.

I would love a proper tax system, where the sub region ports paid half there tax's to the capital port to help fund it.   Give clans a tax to there members.  More options for port owner ship and trade within nation so if I can take a port but want to give it to a smaller or bigger clan I can without dropping it.

• Like 3