- beat to quarters

- more ambient sounds in general

- open/close gun ports

- more varied weather conditions

- sextant use :D

- parrots for pirates

• Like 2

Probably been mentioned but not sure,

The ability to do one vs one 'small battles'. I personally find some one vs one pvp battles more exciting than massive fleet actions... It would also give people a chance to 'duel' with their biggest rivals in game (and forum rivals too of you like)

The ability to name your ships would be nice. Like instead of seeing {PlayerName} sailing {ShipType} you could have {PlayerName} sailing {ShipGivenName} {(ShipType)}; Just a thought, I would love to have the ability to name my ships, and it would allow for better immersion. A pirate leader who sails the Black Pearl compared to that {ShipType} I think is much cooler.

• Like 1

The ability to name your ships would be nice. Like instead of seeing {PlayerName} sailing {ShipType} you could have {PlayerName} sailing {ShipGivenName} {(ShipType)}; Just a thought, I would love to have the ability to name my ships, and it would allow for better immersion. A pirate leader who sails the Black Pearl compared to that {ShipType} I think is much cooler.

I like this idea, but I think the given names should be unique so only one active ship could be named the black pearl etc. and Historical names like queen anns revenge and HMS victory should not be avalibel to players.

• Like 1

When you buy a larger shipyard you should get at least a few more ship berths (parking spots) as well.

When you buy an Oak Plantation, it should come with a Hacienda to meet potential customers.

Sliders for crew control or allocation would allow customization to the Captains needs.

Achievement pennants would be nice. Not loads, just ones for major achievements or goals. Maybe you could take the pennant from a player during a battle only to lose it again to another with the right skills. Top players would fly limited and much in demand pennants. Can only hold for limmited time so no back to port with ship forever.

Scattered storm missions at sea for people who wish to sail them. Something I haven't seen yet but wish I had.

World seems a little sterile so stormy weather, rain or fog is a pleasant change.

Would be nice to see ships under repair or at stages of dismantle in coves or on beaches at major ports. Not animated or anything, just for scenery/atmosphere purposes.

NPC's towing captured, damaged enemy ships or hulks between ports from time to time.

Hull fouling incurring speed penalties unless maintained in port overtime.

Ability to name ones ship under build or rename at port. Captured ships bear the name players gave them just to rub it in or can be renamed if wished for a price at port.

• Like 3

I would like to see :

1) Captain’s logbook with character information (ship, avatar, achievements, honorific title) visible in open world

2) Talent tree or something like that to offers differents gameplay (fighting, trading, crafting, exploring)

3) Secret and hidden zone and exploration mission

4) Ship painting. For exemple, the renommee is currently blue red and yellow. I would prefer this color. It will be good to differenciate players

549853prenommeMA.png

5) soundscape, sound feeback (during crafting etc.)

6) Animals species (Pet) collection findable during land exploration

• Like 1

I would like to see:

1) a feature allowing me to "disable" the Battle chat. I am tired of, "you can s*** my d*", too many nerds around in the game....

2) single player mode

3) a company choosing the DLC route, add new features by selling DLCs (like Paradox studios), no subscription and don´t do Premium ships, please.

Add content over DLC.

4) change of Pirate mechanics

5) a feature allowing to hire AI MERCs for special missions (I want to sink a friend) for a huge amount of money...this could be fun

6) more historical gameplay. Don´t bring in "new" fantasy nations. The Ottomans are great, but had no business to do, try to expand the game and split it into 2 different historical settings or add the North-Sea / Baltics for the Russian market....

and so on....

Guns we not sure yet. You can change gun types on each deck and will be able to pick the number of guns on it. But inside that deck they will need to be similar (technology and ui limitations).

Naval Powers

here is a sneak peek into our national plans - these are not all of them - but well keep it for future posts.

1EPkADf.jpg

In addition to flags we will have an extensive system of authentic banners and ensigns that can show many things to your friends or enemies.

some examples (all are hand drawn by artists)

rqpSfpk.jpg

Gosh we need to update the website! :)

600px-Naval_Ensign_of_Sweden.svg.png

Where have you even got the idea for the current swedish flag from?

Telescope view in open world sailing (put your glass on a ship or town and get a tooltip)

Don't add navigation aids but do add contour lines or perhaps just little x's for notable peaks to the map, perhaps big cliff markings

Nation flags in open world

Option to fire a salute in open world (like J like bell ringing in battle)

Throw some sort of (small) cumulative factor into the blueprint drop mechanic. Very bursty. Sometimes I've had a drop in ONE, Pickle... I'm up over 50 now and nadda.

Edited by endersTank

Sails

The 20% steps are sometimes to big. You should be able to trim your sails more accurately.

I suggest 5% steps, that are used when you press SHIFT + W/S then you can use 20% or 5% depending on your need.

Also I suggest that double press of W sets sail to 100% and double press S set sail to 0%. Similar to full ruder left/right.

I use manual sailing controls to finely adjust speed. turn without rudder, backup, etc...

Simple requests:

Ability to NAME my own boat

Ability to Name the Fleet (Cutters) I have purchased

Ability to let my Fleet cutters accrue experience as well, so that they get better, instead of the "random" sorting that seems to occur whenever I initiate battle.

(ex: Currently, I can have 2 X Master & Commander captains in my cutters in one battle, and then the very next battle they are midshipman)

Ability to order the Fleet Cutters to "grape" the target ship to kill crew - not an option at present

Ability to direct the fleet cutters (other than using "Follow me" option) to keep them from following a ship, in the only area where that target ship has guns.

Ex: Trader Brigs have guns mounted aft - the cutters will only close with the Brig from directly behind the brig -- ugh! If it is possible to be able to tell the cutters to parallel the ship instead, would be great!

Fix Fleet Cutters "Stupidity Gene" for constantly ramming the owning players ship, or cutting off same,  in pursuing the target ship!

Ability to transport to any OTHER outpost port (while at sea) OTHER than the Capital.

Allow the guns to be retained on a captured Trader Brig - currently they are gone after capture

(Currently, Trader Snows retain their carronades after they are captured)

Just a few ......

Thanks,

Yank (Aka: Baron Von Weisencracker)

Edited by yankyaeger

some things I'd like to see in the game are:

Customizable figure heads - the ability to change what the figure head is/looks like and colors of it (perhaps a premiums shop idea?)

I would also like to see the various pennants and signal flags represent their actual meaning, and only appear when the corresponding condition is met. I know this will/would require a lot of excess coding, so while its something I'd like to see, it's not essential or pressing.

For example:

when a ship is on fire - Juliet or India+Tango

the group leader and/or rank flag 

turning to port/starboard - india/echo

when flooding is faster than survival pump, perhaps the Gulf+Mike combo for "cannot save ship"

and the one i'd LOVE to see: speed in knots, at least when a ship's speed stabilizes (round numbers) - Sierra + a number flag(s)

See links: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maritime_flag#Rank_flags

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_maritime_signal_flags

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Code_of_Signals#Examples_of_multiple-flag_signals

I would like to see Open world and combat synced: mainly storms and player positions, and the rough seas from the sea trials brought back for those combat instances that are started in those storms. This would make tackling ships/traders much more strategic as you would have to coordinate with friends and choose when and where you attack.

I'd also like to see open world storms (the major ones) do some sort of damage to ships sailing in them - the faster you sail, the more likely and badly your ship's sails will be damaged (stop sailing to avoid damage).

there are numerous other little things I'd like to see in game such as colored sails and custom ensigns for clans/nations, but the above are my most desired additions