Game-Labs Forum

Little things you'd like to see

Would like to see different paint jobs per quality level. I don't really want to see camo or goofy stuff like that but rather the quality of the ship should show.

For example a basic quality ship can look degraded like it has been at sea for a while, chipped paint, barnacles, weathering, patched sails etc. The higher the quality the better the look. So a Fine quality ship can be a new looking ship or as they are now but master-craft and exceptional ships have more detail, nicer paint trimming, perhaps a figurehead or something to make them look good. Right now they all look the same, you should know when you are looking at an exceptional ship vs a basic one.

• Like 4

I'd like to be able to send a crafted ship that is down to 1 durability into port for refit to gain back one or all durability. It should take crafting hours, gold and time, but it should be cheaper than crafting a new ship.

We might also make it possible to spend appropriate notes to upgrade the ship in refit in quality (say from Fine to Mastercraft, etc).

• Like 2

Different cameras/officer views, at least in map.

I loved the deck on my feet on the basic ships, would love to see a Foredeck, crow's nest, Aft, captain or helmsman's view. There's probably a bored programmer out there that'd do Cabin views for you guys.

• Like 2

Things I'd like to see:

When you craft a ship, be able to name it. NPC Shop bought ships should be generic and have no name, but crafting a ship yourself and naming it would be grand.

Make the event icons more visible, I have poor eyesight and seeing a white icon against a very bright sky during the day/morning makes them very difficult to see, as they blend in.

Change the gun laying decal so it's more visible at lower graphics settings, right now it's tied to water quality and I have mine set to low for the sake of FPS on my older computer:

http://imgur.com/7TLmXII

As you can see it's almost none existent and useless I have to rely on judgement to use my guns rather than the decal overlay. Before someone starts saying "turn your graphics up/get a better computer" lower graphics settings exist in the game, and I shouldn't be penalised for using them.

Different cameras/officer views, at least in map.

I loved the deck on my feet on the basic ships, would love to see a Foredeck, crow's nest, Aft, captain or helmsman's view. There's probably a bored programmer out there that'd do Cabin views for you guys.

A step toward this could be full zoom being a little lower and off center? I'd prefer to look under/around than through transparency. Cabin scenery would be nice for pause menu.

I can imagine putting custom ship names on the model takes some work. But maybe you name a ship, shows in interface and you get it under your name onscreen like a title. Then we know if our regular m8 has the one with fir and longs or live oak and carronades.

MIssion target could be an actual ship/fleet? Stationary or circling.

• Like 1

Well I've been playing around for a week and I like the game's basic mechanics, and the detail of the models is awesome. I am a naval  architect, boat builder, boat bum who spent three years before the mast on a Topsail Schooner (Tabor Boy) before going off to be first mate on a bugeye Schooner (Delta Lady), etc. The Architectura Mercatoria was the second thing I ever purchased when I first started working and earning a paycheck. So I really like boats.

1. I'd like to see the OW become a little more like the instance, not so much as to wreck the ability to make a quick cruise in the evening after my real work, just enough to give a little more immersion

2. In the same vein, I'd like to see the helmsmen on my Cerebrus, or any other ship, in the instance and OW, make them an option for slower machines

3. Small craft in the Harbors. Fishing boats, chandelry whitehalls, option as above, but would really add to immersion

4. Big ships anchor much farther out, we use ship's boats to get ashore. I can't tell you how many sail train vessels and coast guard cutters we raided at night from small craft, because I'm not sure, a lot? In any case, there should be ships and small craft anchored as scenery and bigger ships should be able to "go ashore" much farther out. (PS, don't try raiding coast guard boats at night any more, they take that stuff serious these days)

5. In single masted sloops, when I'm in irons I push my main sail out to one side and rudder the other, the sail feathers downwind, stern goes up, at the proper point I haul in the sail and jack the rudder around and off I go. Behavior was opposite when last I drove the cutter. (I also held a red cross instructor's Instructor license)

6. Boarding speed needs to be higher. I've brought much larger boats (250 tons and up) together at up to seven knots. I'd lift it to 5.5 or 6 kts (I also had a lot of repairs to do at 7kts)

7. Must have a "practice" zone to learn to sail by yourself. I want to figure out how to pivot, or, I actually know how to pivot, but just as in real life, I need to teach my fingers the moves.

• Like 3

Clan Wharehouse where clans can put trading goods for all to use.  Not allot of program limits such as counting who is taker and who is giver as clans could monitor that themselves but would require a method of rank in clans to allow access to trading wharehouse.  

Could sell to clan members at lowest NPC rate and then gold cold be used to buy clan ships for disposal in fights.  This way players will be more than likely to risk losing a dura

• Like 2

The ability to sell a built ship with a lost dura.  it would have to be in a flag environment so people would know but clans would most likely buy low dura ships for fights where they think they may lose the ship.  This eliminates the major battleship may be lost so dont risk it in battle.   Since you cant capture a 1 dura NPC ship you should be able to sell one as a hand me down.

You can sell them in direct trade, though.

Yes but if you could buy a dura 3 versus  dura 1 in the shop you might risk taking it to a battle that you might not think you were going to win.  I would patrol with a lower dura by myself rather than my main ship with all the upgrades that I use during clan attacks. 

Maybe a used ship shop. 

Edited by angriff

An Anchorage Bouy where you can enter the port.  Now the scale on ports seems to have changed and the docks are no longer a good location to aim for when entering.  You run aground at ports all the time trying to find the entrance icon to pop.  Have an anchorage bouy that would allow you to sail to that and enter the port.  Especially with deep ships. 

An Anchorage Bouy where you can enter the port.  Now the scale on ports seems to have changed and the docks are no longer a good location to aim for when entering.  You run aground at ports all the time trying to find the entrance icon to pop.  Have an anchorage bouy that would allow you to sail to that and enter the port.  Especially with deep ships. 

I'd lie to see the Port Docking Radius be larger. I shouldn't have to sail right up on the docks (practically) before I have the option to port.

I'd like to see birds, maybe with a system to make them useful for navigation purposes, indicating the proximity of land and the direction at certain times of day. The Carribean is probably too small for that to be very realistic, but it would still be a cool feature. I'd also like to see them added to the soundscape, with seagull cries and land bird sounds near the coasts.

I'd like to see birds, maybe with a system to make them useful for navigation purposes, indicating the proximity of land and the direction at certain times of day. The Carribean is probably too small for that to be very realistic, but it would still be a cool feature. I'd also like to see them added to the soundscape, with seagull cries and land bird sounds near the coasts.

Yeah, and I'd like to see dolphins, sharks and whales ;)

Ability to extinguish lights on the back of the ship at night.

Ability to send flares.

Captain cabin like one in AC Black Flag.

Ability to hoist different flags anytime.

Crows nest on the top of the main mast to view greater distances. 

Ability to change, paint figureheads and ship hull.

Quote everything,exspecially the last point

• Like 1

Would be great to be able to fire a cannon salute on the world map, just couple visual puffs of smoke and sound. Currently the only way to greet a familiar player in the open world is through chat.

That is an excellent idea ! 

A few things I would like to see would be:

1. Being able to open the map and have a search bar to where a specific port is located.

2. On Conquest Information in the map, being able to click on the port name and the map navigating to it. Example: "Denmark Captured Port Antonio" *Clicks on Port Antonio and map shows where it is*

3. A journal function for those who are in love with Role Play and to keep your self updated.

4. Boarding Animations (Nothing to big) like your men firing muskets, cannons firing, grenades, etc.

5. Open World events (ex. Storms, Famines, Grand Festivals etc.)

• Like 3