Game-Labs Forum

Little things you'd like to see

what i would like to see - compass present when you open the Map, ability to measure your possition every day at midday (a marker on the map) due to sextant.

• Like 2

An addition to the compass telling which direction the camera is facing. Would help on giving direction to nearby enemies, and assist in picking when to turn for tacking.

Fire cannon commands to be like World of Warships. 1-click, fire one cannon; 2-clicks, rolling broadside (like current); click and hold, rolling broadside that ends when you release the button.

One little suggestion: implement a button to "quick buy" a particular resource or material from the crafting menu (meaning for the cheapest available market price).

This would really make things easier to get into crafting :wub:

• Like 1

Ability to extinguish lights on the back of the ship at night.
Ability to send flares.
Captain cabin like one in AC Black Flag.
Ability to hoist different flags anytime.
Crows nest on the top of the main mast to view greater distances.
Ability to change, paint figureheads and ship hull.

+ Quick buy button in harbor UI in the crafting section

- crows nest:cool idea, but i think the distance is rather realistic. on the contrary i would reduce the viewing distance for smaller ships like basic cutter vs. big ships with crows nests

oh and:

- Ability to ransom other nations captains from captured ships at freetowns (sort of a loot drop, ransom value according to his rank)

- Open world events (stated before) especially storms that open a battle map and can damage the ship!! this has been a feature in other games as well and makes even PVE long distance sailing an adventure

-

Would be great to be able to fire a cannon salute on the world map, just couple visual puffs of smoke and sound. Currently the only way to greet a familiar player in the open world is through chat.

this game has so much potential!! dang!! :o

ps: and of course dolphins :wub::D

Knowing (even approximatively) my amount of available labour hours at sea (not only in ports).

Sinking in OW when having left a battle as a winner but half sunk and without repair kit available in OW.

Maybe being able to change of upgrades in OW according to my needs.

I'd like to see the local time zone listed next to each player's name in my clan, in the popup for the clan that shows who is online.

Edit: Probably should've posted this in the UI suggestions.  ;)

Edited by Jean Ribault

Rudimentary suggestions:

3) Ability to use scope to see port name in OW, from further distance out.

Ah-ha! ... took me a while... You can do this already it seems... by using the "home-home" key combo and utilize the "free Camera". This allows you to go out from your ship (SLOWLY) ... but allows you to get in front of, or to the side, and scan further away. Did this last night (first time) .. and when I got closer to a port, the name became apparent. ----- My ship was stationary quite a ways away. I would almost venture to say it would have been out of sight of the port itself.

Still, the telescope view would be faster!

i'd like to see upped sail damage for chain-shot.. after all, it is composed of two balls and a chain, therefore its damage potential should be significantly higher than a solid shot alone... also accuracy wise, chain-shot would be extremely innacurate due to the tension after balls leave the barrel and extend to the lenght of the chain, so this type of ammo should be only useable at short to medium distances..

i'd like to see upped sail damage for chain-shot.. after all, it is composed of two balls and a chain, therefore its damage potential should be significantly higher than a solid shot alone... also accuracy wise, chain-shot would be extremely innacurate due to the tension after balls leave the barrel and extend to the lenght of the chain, so this type of ammo should be only useable at short to medium distances..

I think it (Chain) already is.... Shorter ranged than Ball shot .. AND does more sail reduction than ball shot.

I noticed that all to well. next time you go after a Ventre (I am using a Surprise) ... just experiment. Shoot it from the rear with ball .. and watch how much sail reduction it does (I typically get 23-30 hits). Then shoot it with chain (again 23-30 hits ... but I got to be a lot closer). I will bet you (given same amount of impacts) it will do significantly more damage/reduction (percentage wise) than just ball shot. Typically I can get a 4-7% drop using ball -- while I can get a 8-13% drop using chain (again -- pending # of impacts) 

As for range... ooh yeah -- it is a HUGE difference. and pretty inaccurate in regards to the current Ball shots mechanics. I have no qualms over this issue... unless we are talking the ALMOST useless-ness of using chain in a 42 lb carronade! lol --- I feel like I am throwing SHEEP at the other guys sails! They go up (for  few seconds) and then "Plop!" VERY Very short ranged. lol  

Edited by yankyaeger

Added to Options - Gameplay or Social, whichever serves best.

- Check box for Original Nation Name, unchecked for English name

- Ranks - Selection box for favourite list ( RN, French, etc ), so we see other nations captains ranks appropriately in our UI or Keep Original as well.

This would help a lot of players which seem to constantly mix up nation names.

Also with Rank.

Also, maybe not something action gamers want, but i'd like to see a bit different combat flow, with ships actually surrendering instead of sinking.. in reality, naval battles were not about sinking opponnents but damaging them enough so they will be unable to continue fighting, or forcing them to surrender... surrender now, it very rare, and you usually need to almost wipe out entire crew...

• Like 1

Studding sails, also mixed cannon on either side, ie cannon one side, carronades the other. Bring back double shot, but only allow it when the guns have heated up. Bar shot (like chain but a rigid bar between each ball) and spider shot.

• Like 1

I would like to see Cordage damages specific from sails damages: chain shots are made mostly  to cut cordage and shrouds, this  influence sails maneuvers speed but don't make the ship slower like sails damages do. shrouds damages could result in mast loss. 

I do'nt know if this is in the plans ?

Same, i would love to see a better sail modelisation, i mean, when wind strength and meteo will be implemented, setting full sails with stong rear wind would result in sails and possible mast damages.  Implying a more detailled possibility to set specific sails config, like just fore-and-aft rigs when sailing close to the wind, etc..

Sry for my english, not sure if it's clear.

i would like to see damaged/destroyed gun muzzels removed from the ships side during battle. by the way, the gun ports in open world should be closed. no ship was sailing with guns run out permanently.

another point for the damage section, that on a heavily ship, at least when the shots hit often the same section, the wall between two or more gun ports shall be shot away. this will naturally result in the uselessness of the affected guns.

The ability to lasso group of items in the Hold, Warehouse, or Upgrades windows in the UI.  Instead of having to individually operate on them.  For things like moving everything from your ship to your warehouse or vice versa, for example.

As an extension of that, also the ability to use CTRL to select more than one if they are not grouped conveniently for a lasso.

Clan Wharehouse where clans can put trading goods for all to use.  Not allot of program limits such as counting who is taker and who is giver as clans could monitor that themselves but would require a method of rank in clans to allow access to trading wharehouse.  

Could sell to clan members at lowest NPC rate and then gold cold be used to buy clan ships for disposal in fights.  This way players will be more than likely to risk losing a dura

and have also ship slot for clan for ships not used anymore by some high ranked guys but that can be usefull for other clanmates without having to be both connected

2) Talent tree or something like that to offers differents gameplay (fighting, trading, crafting, exploring)

I really like the possibility of a skill tree for exemple for canons to have recharge rates go down or new type of shooting like at first random shooting then rolling front and back and full border all cannons at the same time, 

exploring maybe you can see ships before they see you, have a better sight of banks having a better speed ...

crafting have a better labor hours rate gain, need less notes to craft better ships (as you already have experience at crafting good ships)...

trader could have lower prices with NPC...

anyway something that reward you for having played for a bit a "type" 

it could be implemented in the crew for exemple having basic crew and graduated crew with different diploma (different lvl of diploma) for either sailing shooting or even crafting 

it can also be attached to officers

you could choose from all your crew what type of crew you take aboard for exemple to take the better for important mission but also take the lowest ranked for risky missions with a 1 dura ship or just to upgrade them in case of loosing the best ones.

Nothing to do with it but I would like to be able to change the sail/mast dispostition angles, cable disposition... as it is depicted in many of Aubreys books by Patrick O'Brian and it could change top speed, turning speed, and also the speed curve depending on the wind direction or with the update with different wind... it could also give different behaviour in different weather for the same ship 

Sorry for the long post

Edited by Galaksee