Game-Labs Forum

Little things you'd like to see

I would really like to see a grid on the map, ability to draw on it and some drawing tools. Ruler, protractor, eraser, marker, compass, so basically the essential navigational tools. Im not saying dead reckoning isn't fun but it would be a whole lot easier and fun if I could draw a line between two ports and check the exact the angle between them. If you guys are familiar with the Silent Hunter series I am sure you know what I am talking about... I will attach a few pics and a video for easier understanding. 

post-5860-0-76645100-1459319364_thumb.jpg

post-5860-0-02362500-1459319418_thumb.png

post-5860-0-98780000-1459319688_thumb.jpg

post-5860-0-35334100-1459319741_thumb.jpg

post-5860-0-71449100-1459319946_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Every town to look unique and only the flag to change

(well, I don´t need a flag, only information it is British/Pirate...)

Danish-look housing only limited to capital / historical reasons...

I don´t like this "flip" of housing after faction change....

I would love to see the ability to use the Teleport or deliveries to move ships up to the front.  This is to remove the current need to play 30 min to capture a ship and send your main ship to any outpost.    if you can game the game with 30 min of this type of stuff then you should put the feature in a regular means of creating PVP combat.  You want your ship at the Front so you might want to prepare without doing 30 min of some meaningless battle to game the game. 

-Clickable list of all captains currently in port (as historically everyone would be aware of this by the gazette and reputation)

-flares in OW

-ability to fire a gun in OW as a salute or means to gain someone's attention

-clan specific pennant on the main top

-return to previous draw distance

-removal of the word "Sparrow" or its derivatives from the entire game

-perm ban of all alts ( there is ZERO valid reason to have an alt)

• Like 6

A draggable protractor and ruler on the map screen would be nice, and a sextant during open world would be awesome. I mean, not actually going into first person and using the sextant, but being able to click two points and get the angle between them and the ship, or being able to calculate latitude while the sun or Polaris is visible. Maybe as an extremely hard to craft item.

• Like 1

I have a couple of suggestions that may have been mentioned before, also they are fairly modest suggestions that I myself could take or leave so I don't expect a brilliant response.

Perhaps- captains should get pay, not a lot just a small amount every 7th maintanance or something like that.mMaybe the higher the rank the more they get. Not enough to 'live off' but a regular bit of gold, officers would get wages after all.

There next is more a request for a bit of information as well as a suggestion.

I may have misunderstood but I got the impression that some sort provisioning mechanic is to be implemented eventually. If it is, my suggestion/ request is how it is to implemented, will it effect crew morale. I was thinking of something along the lines of the mount and blade games where fresher food and certain types and variety give moral bonuses thus making your men work harder. I'm sure it's all been thought of. I also think that captain/ officer supplies should be included because the officers and captain wouldve eaten differently to the men (as long as stock lasted) in those day I believe it was important for the class divide in such matters. They felt it was important for discipline.

Edited by Morey

I'd like:

- Barnacles

- Occasional need for careening

- Charts and the ability to plot my position (that gets more accurate if I have a navigator or have purchased superior nav. equipment.)

- NPC's that pass along intelligence when they get to port, that might include items for sale in a given port, prices, fleets.

- Treasure caching

- Shore missions

• Like 2

I propose changing the term "Open World" to "Open Waters" as it more realistically depicts naval actions rather than the more MMO termed "Open World". 

I also think it would be better as a system when capturing a ship to send that ship to a port of your choosing, cargo intact at the cost of crew.  After all, back then when they took prizes a prize crew was formed and the ship sailed to port.  If crew is instantly replaced after battle then I would make a gold cost in lieu of crew members. 

• Like 2

1. Clan flag on main mast

- Logos submitted and approved by devs

or

- Done via special clan editor that contains pre-approved images, symbols, and backgrounds

2. Ship Paint schemes

- Two tone paint schemes in the open world

- Three tone paint schemes in the premium shop

3. Captain rendered on the ship

4. Windows that break and done in the least performance impacting way possible. :wacko:

• Like 2

I understand the Combat Mode can't be completely utilized for OW sailing, but I would like to see a few things from the Combat Mode transerred over to OW Sailing.  The following is a list of things I would like to see in OW sailing:

1. The ability to turn off Auto Skipper to practice manual control of the sails

2. The ability to fire cannons if for nothing else than to practice aiming at distance and controlling the swell (much like Jack Aubrey has his crew train on gunnery)

3. The ability to use the spyglass.  I feel that this would greatly enhance gameplay as you would be able to sightsee in detail and also gather additional intel about that ship spotted on the horizon

4. Some sort of sextant option to aid in navigation

5. Damaged incurred from running aground or from being caught in a storm

5. Possibly the ability to walk around on deck rather than just being zoomed in to the center of the ship

6. Protractor and Ruler for the Map

7. Shore missions and treasure discover on shore (not exactly related to OW Sailing)

There may be more but these are the primary things I have been concerned with in OW sailing and feel that these additions would greatly improve players' experience.  I understand the speed of OW Sailing seems like you're driving a power boat, but I don't see a possible remedy in order to keep travel times reasonable and the landscape scaled properly.  Once you get to open see the feel of the sail seems a lot better than when you are in port.  Anyway thanks for the time and I apologize if this has been covered somewhere else or this is the wrong place to address this.  Please point me in the proper direction as I am new to the forums.  God speed.

Rigel

• Like 2

What about making deck guns fire first during single shots as a toggle option. It would help make the mix of carronades and guns a more viable setup.

I know we can just X out the carronades but it seems a little tedious especially in the middle of an intense battle. If deck guns fired first players can basically accept that carronades are a bonus to the ship and are not meant to be used for aiming.

• Like 1

I'd like to see in the Shop screen a comparison of your selection to what you currently have, much like in other games. Say I want new cannons, when I click it, it should show what I currently have on ship with + or - the dmg comparison, preferably in green for increase or red for decrease.

So....if, I'm buying a new cannon it should show similar to below where the green and red numbers would reflect what i gain or lose compaired to what i currently have.

Cannon: Class one

Caliber: 42 (+10)

Base Damage: 50 (+12)

Reload: 65 seconds (-8)

etcetcetc for all things in shop, even ships for speed, turning radius, etc

• Like 1

I would like to see a change made to the accrual of Crafting Hours: 

It would be an improvement if Crafting Hours accrued at a faster rate at the beginning, then slowing down over time.  And to balance it out, have the Maximum number of hours a player can accumulate be reduced from the current formula. 

This would encourage more Crafting play and reward the frequent player, while penalizing the "occasional" player who maybe is logging in once in a great while to do some Crafting. 

Maybe at first Crafting Hours would accrue at 30 per half hour for the first few periods; then 28, then 26, etc. 

Or the number could vary based on the Crafting Level of the player.

- Derek