Game-Labs Forum

Forthcoming patch final discussion.

8 minutes ago, NielsVisser said:

indeed, the hole council, official portbattle leaders, and the hole acting school in a nation keeps you from playing a portbattle.

and when you play a portbattle where you raised hostility but you are not on teamspeak then you get the hole nation chasing you down and saying you are rogue or an alt account.

greets

So you think teamplay is irrelevant in this game?

17 hours ago, admin said:

• All uncapturable major regions will provide protection to players of their nation (minor regions and all other towns will not provide this protection)
    • Reinforcement fleets will be sufficiently buffed to both defend a player and not let the enemy escape.
    • If the player is attacked in that region he will be able to call to heavy reinforcements that will spawn within 500m of the player with the only goal - get his enemies to the bottom of the sea. 

Will we be able to cap the reinforcements? :^)

7 minutes ago, Quineloe said:

So you think teamplay is irrelevant in this game?

I did not said that, I said if you want to take part of a portbattle you need to do to much work, people have put in 300 hours to sail there dream ship and then they need to put another 20 to play a portbattle without any problems? no NA legends will be the solution.

No, all you need to do is sail a suitable ship there, be on teamspeak and play together with the team. I know people like you, showing up in a frigate, staying out of harms way and contributing nothing. Then you complain when people don't like you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, koltes said:

100% correct.

- Im a hunter and all im asking is to make my life harder so I would have more targets.
- I want battles to never close or stay open for at least 5-10 mins
- I want no AI reinforcements but player reinforcements no BR limitation.
- No revenge speed buffs and invisibility (want to be able to run away come on a fast ships, cant sail fast ships come in big numbers).

Do not return resource transport. Just remove amount of free ports (without teleport we have way too many) and leave 4-5 on the entire map. Allow teleports to them. Also make them share ONE shop so they become trade hubs. THATS IT!!! This will bring so many traders to 5 areas on the map.
All those 5 free ports must have a greenzone like in capitals but size of visibility to remove port camping.

Do not remove missions from capitals. Just make missions 1 min close timer so they cant use missions to run from chasers, but if no ships in sight no one is able to join and gank.

Hostility missions stay open forever.

Sounds like an RvR player's paradise....  Congrats, you're down to 100 people on Global.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, The Red Duke said:

Have all the options listed on the crafting sheet and not as separate cards. Meaning several dropdown lists, one per each component of the ship, structure, planking, rig, extra 1, extra 2, extra 3, crew contract, etc.

Calculate final requirements of crafting according to options.

Done. Everyone has a go at it.

No more forcing pve because it is almost the only way to get those.

When they proposed the new ship crafting stuff back in November of last year that was what we assume it was going to be since they said no more RNG drops (which is exactly what we have with PvE drops) and no more rare items that only a few have (gold marines and other GOD MODE MODS).   I can still see them having you learn certain components like the refits. So you have to learn that refit to be able to craft it or make it part of the crafting materials.  You want to build a Fir Fir Niagara with Nassau Boarders, British Rig Refit and Crooked Hull.  First I must own the Ship BP.  Check got that in the Pirate Den.  Than the permit.  Well traded in 1 victory mark from wining Port The map so now have three permits or used CM.  Those are listed in the mats like right now.  To pick the option of those three refits I have to have learned them first.  I have them on one char so I"m good.  Now when I make the ship it list all the normal stuff but now it adds in 5 Nassau Quartermaster, 5 silver, 5 British Runing Rigging, 30 Rigging Parts,  5 Crooked Cedar and 50 Iron fittings and my ships when crafted will be a Fir Fir Niagara with those refits on perm.  They can not be changed so if some one captures my ship that is exactly what they get.  The ship knowledge can stay something you learn and add as you open up slots.  Copper plating should be added to the list of refits and not some random PvE drop.  

You can still have the books drop randomly but also have them for sale for a price in the shop like they have the refits too.  That way if you don't want to pay PvP Marks than you can just try your luck with RNG and get it as a random drop or if all you do is PvP is buy them with your marks.  The two mark system wasn't bad, it was just the way they had it set up that was bad and folks wanted to be able to get every thing even if they aren't playing the content.  By removing PvP Marks they took away yet one more reward folks got from doing PvP.  I think they should keep combat marks for all battles like they have now with them being rewarded for Kills/assit with PvP getting a good boost (x5 instead of x2 or what ever it is vs PvE rewards).  Than if your not going to have separate marks for each type of fights sail the books for ship knowledge for a good price above the common once.  That are make them part of mission rewards.  You get 10 PvP kills you can pick one Ship Knowledge book that isn't in the shop as a basic ship knowledge as an reward or risk RNG with PvE drops.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, admin said:

Maybe the number of people who could convert to pvp has fallen drastically due to the design paradigms we have been creating with the active community here?

• Insta- closed battles (favor pvp hunters and not average players)
  • No reinforcements (favor pvp hunters and not average players)
  • Removal of revenge gank due to invisibility and speed buff (favor pvp hunters and not average players)
  • Removal of resource transport (favor pvp hunters and not average players)
  • Many other features that were pushed in to just place average players in line for easy consumption by pvp hunters 

Now we are getting requests to remove missions from capitals (to let pvp hunters find target easier). 
Your opinion is valuable and you were one of the players who asked for some real fixes of revenge ganks - you got them. Did you start to pvp more?

Or maybe all those changes destroy the supply of targets and because wolves don't eat wolves you have nobody to play with once average players dissapear?

Oh, i'm not saying you didn't do anything for us. But while you did stuff for the PvP'ers, you also introduced stuff that made Crafting, Trading and PvE grinding much more important and time consuming. 

To PvP against skilled players you need a good ship.
To PvP against noobs when outnumbered, you need a good ship. 
- In either case, you need a good ship right? So, you have to either craft or buy a good ship. 

If you want to craft a good ship what do you have to do? 
1. Grind money.
2. Gather resources. 
- How do you do this? PvE ofcourse. 

If you want to buy a good ship what do you have to do?
1. Grind money.

When you finally get a good ship, what do you have to do? 
1. Grind knowledge slots, books and modules (I'm referring to the stuff you can only get from PvE'ing..... Stuff that has quite an impact on PvP...)

Ofcourse, to avoid PvE'ing you can go and sealclub/gank new players.

But yeah, i have a very specific playstyle. A playstyle that hasn't been rewarding in any way for almost a full year now. I hunt wolves, not sheep.
I've given my feedback along with a big bunch of other PvP'ers. You have chosen to listen more to the RvR players, PvE'ers, Traders and Crafters, to these players, OW PvP is a myth. They would rather grind PvE to get their big ships than they would have fun PvP'ing in the OW. 

This is a choice you have made, i understand the reasoning as to why you have made that choice. The OW PvP'ers, although very dedicated and loyal, are the minority of the playerbase. You need to cater to the majority if you want NA to survive. 

And so, i have moved on to other games. Games where i can PvP without spending 109243153 Hours doing PvE, Crafting, Trading etc. 
That said, i had alot of fun in NA since i joined, i've enjoyed playing, testing and giving feedback. 

I will keep watching the forums, looking at the changes etc and maybe i will come back some day. (I hope so, i love NA and while i applaud the game you have built, it is just not for me and my playstyle anymore.) 

Cheers.

• Like 14

9 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Sounds like an RvR player's paradise....  Congrats, you're down to 100 people on Global.

Or maybe they should leave the system as is so all you "pvpers" can camp the pirate capital and kill unsuspecting traders or players entering missions as much as you want. And when the revenge fleet comes out just book it out against the wind with super speed/invisibility and tag an AI fleet or counter tag the first guy who catches up with you who gets his sails shredded before he can slow your group down enough for the "net" to catch up. Just repeat that 2 or 3 times and you're home free. Wait a half hour then come back and pull the same stunt. Yeah it should be that easy to harass a nation in their own starting ports. Sure didn't like it when we did the same thing to France. I think you guys cried about alt spotters to no end. Even though there was more than a few of your guys' alts doing the exact same thing for nearly 2 weeks of non stop camping our capital. If you wonder why server pop is down you should look at your actions before pointing fingers at RvR. I'm pretty sure the rest of the server didn't give a crap about France losing all of it's ports. 

I'm pretty sure France didnt give a crap about France losing all of its ports...  

So, if 10% of player do RvR and 10% of players do "strictly" PvP, what does that mean?

It means exactly whats stated in Tommy Shelby's post.....

Edited by Vernon Merrill
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, TommyShelby said:

Oh, i'm not saying you didn't do anything for us. But while you did stuff for the PvP'ers, you also introduced stuff that made Crafting, Trading and PvE grinding much more important and time consuming. 

To PvP against skilled players you need a good ship.
To PvP against noobs when outnumbered, you need a good ship. 
- In either case, you need a good ship right? So, you have to either craft or buy a good ship. 

If you want to craft a good ship what do you have to do? 
1. Grind money.
2. Gather resources. 

If you want to buy a good ship what do you have to do?
1. Grind money.

When you finally get a good ship, what do you have to do? 
1. Grind knowledge slots, books and modules (I'm referring to the stuff you can only get from PvE'ing..... Stuff that has quite an impact on PvP...)

Ofcourse, to avoid PvE'ing you can go and sealclub/gank new players.

But yeah, i have a very specific playstyle. A playstyle that hasn't been rewarding in any way for almost a full year now. I hunt wolves, not sheep.
I've given my feedback along with a big bunch of other PvP'ers. You have chosen to listen more to the RvR players, PvE'ers, Traders and Crafters, to these players, OW PvP is a myth. They would rather grind PvE to get their big ships than they would have fun PvP'ing in the OW. 

This is a choice you have made, i understand the reasoning as to why you have made that choice. The OW PvP'ers, although very dedicated and loyal, are the minority of the playerbase. You need to cater to the majority if you want NA to survive. 

And so, i have moved on to other games. Games where i can PvP without spending 109243153 Hours doing PvE, Crafting, Trading etc. 
That said, i had alot of fun in NA since i joined, i've enjoyed playing, testing and giving feedback. 

I will keep watching the forums, looking at the changes etc and maybe i will come back some day. (I hope so, i love NA and while i applaud the game you have built, it is just not for me and my playstyle anymore.) 

Cheers.

This....from the guy who won the take an LGV with a Basic Cutter contest.

Obviously the guy has tons of talent with both seamanship and battle experience, and he has been driven from a game that he obviously loves.

Congrats, well done. <_<

18 hours ago, admin said:

All ports will be split into capturable and non-capturable - the amount of ports will represent gameplay difficulty on these original difficulty levels

• Spain easy
  • Britain easy
  • USA easy
  • France medium
  • Netherlands medium
  • Pirates hard 
  • Denmark hard (only 3 uncapturable ports)
  • Sweden very very very hard (only 1 uncapturable port)

I think Pirates and Sweden should be switched

17 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

I'm pretty sure France didnt give a crap about France losing all of its ports...  

So, if 10% of player do RvR and 10% of players do "strictly" PvP, what does that mean?

It means exactly whats stated in Tommy Shelby's post.....

Pretty sure France did give a crap. Pretty sure if server hadn't died out many French would've used some forged papers, but instead they just left the game.

Tommy's got a point I think everyone agrees with. Even if there aren't as many people that pvp or rvr most would probably agree that they don't want to spend the bulk their time grinding, gathering, and transporting. In fact I'd bet a lot more people would want to spend their time getting into pvp and rvr if they didn't have to spend so much time on those tasks mentioned.

• Like 2

If you added a duel like mechanism for setting up fair fights of 1vs 1, 5 vs 5 and say 15 vs. 15, then you'd get instant PVP gratification ingame. I do believe that is a project you're working on but as a completely seperate game. Why not add the feature to the existing one instead?

Winning ship or team get's rewarded based on battle damage done and that would work pretty well I'd think

We need a real Admiralty that provides (free ships) for a certain amount of time and rates the combat history(like court material when the ship is lost - was it stupidity or unavoidable) the higher the Admiralty reputations the higher the accessible ship rate. These ships could be provided by dedicated crafter for a reward to the Admiralty.

It would even be possible to create pvp mission to get Admiralty rep. Sail to xy patrol square for 15min. Other nations nations get the same mission so we get a clash at said square.

These mission holder could even get a special RoE like we had at the Bahamas (1on1 only)  or when you sign in as group it could be 2on2 vice versa. Just to make sure that ganking squads don't ruin the game experience at said square.

So much potential but what is done. A fix for less than 10% of NA users. Still can't see how clan wars will fix the game experience in the long run. For 90% of the user the game will remain boring and the same after a certain amount of time. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Duncan McFail said:

Pretty sure France did give a crap. Pretty sure if server hadn't died out many French would've used some forged papers, but instead they just left the game.

Those French that did 'give a crap' switched nations already and are probably happier.  The rest of us left, don't care about ports I believe. :) Personally, I'd be happy with only having the capital island. 

49 minutes ago, Red Dragon 13 said:

No what Pirates need is proper mechanic so they aren't just another half nation bastard like they are now.  Honestly Swedes and Danes should go as they had really every little presence int eh area at this time.   

35 minutes ago, Captain Lust said:

Do you have the new map already sorted or is it still under consideration?

I think this is a question a lot would like answered and the other thing the ETA all this is planned. If it's going to take 4-5 months than I might as well just unisntall the game and move on to something else as it will be so dead before that.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, admin said:

Tax will be paid to clan if clan controls the port (directly to clan warehouse)

Will a Clan be able to get tax in a Neutral / Free Port? (What is it Neutral or Free? ^_^)

35 minutes ago, Skully said:

Will a Clan be able to get tax in a Neutral / Free Port? (What is it Neutral or Free? ^_^)

shhhh your going to spoil my master trade plan I posted in the other thread....lol.   Though I assume Neutral port owned by a clan yes.  No one owns Free Towns so that would be a no.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:
1 hour ago, Red Dragon 13 said:

No what Pirates need is proper mechanic so they aren't just another half nation bastard like they are now.  Honestly Swedes and Danes should go as they had really every little presence int eh area at this time.   

But you know Devs are not planning such a move. This is next best to it within the current proposal.

Just now, Red Dragon 13 said:

But you know Devs are not planning such a move. This is next best to it within the current proposal.

It doesn't matter the mode you state for a nation, it matters the players.  We been one ported/region several times and always bonce back very strong on our server.   There is a reason we set up shop at our capital region and not spread out all over the place in case we did get push back to one port/region.   Many folks call pirates easy mode, but they never been at war with just about every nation or one ported and had to survive either....lol.

Never closing battles or battles open for more than 3 minutes is gankers paradise.  More 10v1s don't count as pvp.  That's what we had before.  That's what we had with revenge fleets.  Now you can get realistic pvp if you want.  Long open battles is fine for RvR and hostility, it is not fine for everyday pvp.

The only way you can have long open battles like this for normal pvp is if you completely remove coordinates from the game logs, f11s, no grid on the map, no position stored in memory.  Otherwise we can develop a tool again for a clan to instantly know where all their members are at any time and be able to get to all of their clan members battles to gank the crap out of their enemies again.  Just like it was in 2015.  Do I need to develop this tool to show how bad of an idea this is?  Or, I guess you could at least restrict BR.  If BR is within 1.25-1.5, no one else can join.  I'd still play the game then.  But completely open battles?  Bad idea.  But maybe I am wrong, I don't know.

Use this tool here to see how far you can travel in whatever amount of time you want to travel, whether it is 5 minutes, 10 minutes, or 90 minutes:  https://namap.neocities.org/interactiveMap.html

Edited by Prater
  • Like 5

My biggest concern is Larger clans being able to lock out clans from ports if they wish. There are a ton of internal issues with clans in some of the nations. Are we going to be able to attack ports within our own nation if the owning clan has us listed as unfriendly. IF we don't have the ability to attack ports and player of our respected nation than the problems that we currently have with inter-clan relations are only going to get worst because you can now prevent certain clans from getting into port battles and from getting into ports.