Game-Labs Forum

Forthcoming patch final discussion.

2 hours ago, admin said:

update

monetary rewards for sinking pve ships will be increased (they were toned down too much) to allow a couple of missions to recover the ship costs + cannons
ship and cannon prices updated (cannons on average will be 50% of cost of the ship as it was historically)

example
before - sink pve victory - money reward 50k (ship cost 400k/cannon cost 300k)
after - sink pve victory - money reward 400k (ship cost 400k/cannon cost 200k)

pvp bonuses will increase as well from 50% more to 100% more

so if I understand it right, if you do solo missions and kill a victory I can get 400k?

so that's like 1/2 million  a day for a casual player? hmm in the beginning this will be easy but at the end prices will go up.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zoky said:

??? WTF??? So if I do piracy on traders they can just call bs reinforcements? WTF were you thinking? You might as well remove pirates from game 

If this reinforcement makes it in you can kiss those players goodbye.

If you truly wish to improve PvP then decrease hello kittying accuracy of stern guns!!!

I am fine with the removal of Pirates as a nation... just not removing piracy and privateering.   And that is what it feels like he is doing.  

Has Game-Labs ever done a survey of ALL their players of NA's views, needs, and aspirations? . They should, if they haven't. How can one trust comments on forum? Wolves howl and are heard from many miles away...rabbits thumping feet from only a much shorter distance.......

• Like 1

Let's set this up as suggested patch notes instead. Pretend I was @admin and like if you agree fully or post your concern. The problem I'm seeing is this patch doesn't address the problems that caused players to leave. I will adjust notes as necessary until everyone is happy or we are at an impass then we will discuss until we come to an agreement. This game needs a good fix and this patch won't do it.

Hello Captains,

We would like to discuss with you the final review of the coming fixes in general.

• Economy tuning
    • We will be increasing provision output x5
    • We will be reducing Rudder Part needs by 1/3
    • We will be reducing Frame Part/Plank needs by 1/3
    • We will be increasing Rigging Parts output x10
    • We will be reducing Block needs by 1/2
    • We will be reducing all permit prices by 1/2
    • We will reduce the labor hours and required materials for cannons by 1/2
    • We will increase the output of Hull repairs, Rigging Repairs, and Rum x10
    • We will reduce all skillbook and upgrade bp prices by 1/2
    • We will increase trading resource output x3 but trading goods will be dependant on what faction owns the port
    • We will increase the rate of rare woods generation and the ports that generate them x2
    • We will have at least 5 ports that generate all mod resources and increase generation rate x2
  • ROE changes
    • All battles will now be open until they finish including port battles
    • In addition to a tag circle on the enemy there is also another "big circle" the size of a port battle exterior circle on top of it(br taken into account in the regular circle)
    • When a battle occurs players within the "big circle" have a choice to join the battle and thier side. If they do they are placed at a start point of when the battle initially started.
    • Each minute the battle is open the area from which a player could join increases until it's at the maximum distance(Maximum distance is at 5 minutes)
    • The circle to join outside of is cut in half. One half facing the defender's side and the other half facing the attacker's
    • 30s Super speed will only be given to defenders of OW battles in the intitial battle
    • 30s Invisibility will be given to anyone exiting a mission, open world battle, port battle, or epic event
  • Other Changes
    • Addition of new dock space will be lowered to 1/10
    • Teleports will be allowed to Free Towns with a 6 hour cool down taking up your tp to port cooldown
    • The xp system for ship specific slots will be eliminated
    • Xp requirements for rank will be cut back 20%
    • Rear cannons will revert to regular accuracy
    • Rvr missions accessible to compensate for lack of NPCs but only  within the 5 closest ports of the "friendly" port  taken from
    • No more warships on the OW
    • Forts will be moved back 50% effectiveness
    • All skill books will be available in the admiralty some at high prices
    • AI drop chance of rare skill books will increase x5 and be available from pvp encounters
    • Pvp rewards x4
    • A tutorial will be included to help new players progress
    • Rewards are gained off damage done in addition to kills and assists
Edited by Duncan McFail
almost forgot about Skully
  • Like 1

A thought on RvR...

I hate the idea that some key elements of the game should be runned and controlled by clans. Or rather variable groups of players that act as a nobility or oligarchy. 

Do you have any considerations on how to make RvR experience somewhat positive instead of those personal powermongering that lies in a clan system? 

How come single players should be limited from port battles? 

Shouldnt there rules on clan-behavior?

A lot of single players like the idea of a nation but does not want to have the clan stuff. Isn't possible to make port battles open for all?

18 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

This is why XP needs to be off damage done and keep Gold /Marks off the Assit/Kills.  So you get rewarded with at least xp for your fight even if you did't do to well.   That way your not walking away from the fight with nothing.

Could work, not for me though. Like many others I'm top rank. I would need a different incentive to sail then.

I like this premise:

2 hours ago, Quineloe said:

We're spending our time, our most valuable thing, when playing this game. You don't value our time at all, you need to start valuing it. Moreso than you value the pixels we fight in and sink and lose.

+ Security for newcomers, ok, they will still quit but can't say that fleet reenforcement & safe zones is wrong.

+ Conquest by ports, ok

+ / -  Taxes & maintenance : Conquest by ports, but only few ports will be worth it so ?

- Difficulty level indication depending on the number of fixed ports : Bad It's bad now, it will stay bad after: safe ports do give "easymode" Spain ? NO , indication should evolve with the server and represent nation's power (active pop/controled ports/k-d ratio)

- Hostility ow pve grind replaced by hostility pve mission grind : so you think pve grind was the good idea ? Seriously ?

- War supplies dissapear : mission grind is good, but making war supplies a conquest flag is a bad idea ?

- PVE pb if a clan attack a neutral port ? How great, you invented the pve PB :/

You asked us what are the top 3 priorities before the unity 5, i've seen "motivate the PvP" "pirate mecanisms" "less grind" 

Seriously, reward pvp for both side, not just increase the winner reward, give something for the loosing side too, give assists rewards to all who have done damages to the killed ship. This is the only way to motivate everyone to PvP and keep everyone able to affort pvp.

Yes they may be some try hard grinding xp or gold via alt farming, but who care at that point ? Alt farming or pve farming, can you tell me how this differ ? Why alt farming is so bad ? In both case it's printing money to me.

XP is nearly unrelevant at this point has there is only two ranks: the suprise, the 1st rate, that make it only one rank as 1st rates are useless since RvR is dead.

You asked for what is urgently needed before unity5 and i see here no solutions, this patch will be a huge dissapointment to me.

Reading from a dev that pvp interest no one and shouldn t be a focus let me wonder if i'm playing the wrong early acces game..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Spud said:

Concering the PvE rewards, we realy need to make sure that its not again a money printing service. At this time I think its grindy, but at least you know you'll never get stinking rich doing missions. Its more like your spending money.

If you can get 500k for a Vic kill in PvE, we're going to be swimming in millions and millions of gold in no time. And those who are lower ranked and new players will be the ones who will drop out of the game for this.

We'll be back to people putting up buy contracts for unreasonable prises just capitalising on all the rare stuff. Ships will be crazy expensive again. Its gona break the economy. Think its prety fine atm.

Amen!

• Like 1

On 22.8.2017 at 1:15 PM, admin said:

Well. Instantly closed battles for example were a baby of active forum and private discussions with pvp players (hunters) including Rakers

And instantly closed battles indeed made pvp hunting better. But they did not increase pvp. In fact they reduced it (based on data). We given this feature a long time to test itself. Yet it failed to bring expected results. 

I remember the big push for 1.5-2 min timers best. The insta close mechanic relies on the discarded big joing circle, but it may have had a very negative impact on the player psychology. We were never married to the idea of insta close, wysiwyg in whatever form it may take is where it's at for hunters.

On 22.8.2017 at 11:12 AM, admin said:

You ruin the ecology by making fox life better. And a smart fox will only attack weak and ill rabbits because if they eat everyone - they die next winter.

It's these things that have me thinking that players like me are more trouble than gain for the OW. I struggle to be happy with the time sinks and my goal for being here is imposing loss on someone who tries to avoid it.

I did many "draw and tell" posts on the speedfitted traders with the implication that anyone awake and with half a clue are virtually uncatchable in the OW. For the record; I did that to knock at the speedmods themselves (jodgi's broken record), I never cared about traders, RAKERS never cared about traders. It was the "it must matter" crowd that asked for reduced speeds for laden haulers.

I'm getting to the point now:

Not only were laden haulers beat with the ugly stick but traders as a class now have lower speeds than their fighting ships counterparts.

Isn't that a much larger negative for the rabbits than any ROE changes us hunter players ever asked for?

If the rabbits suffer, if that's a real concern, you can alleviate that pain tremendously by allowing fast traders again. I can promise you RAKERS and OCEAN (among others) won't mind a single bit.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, admin said:

Stay on topic captains. Captains who derail discussions to side issues make feedback comprehension hard. Off topic commenters will be temporarily placed on pre-mod as they make it impossible to have a constructive conversation about specific issues mentioned in the main post. 

To all players who commented about cost of pvp here.
Explain this - why there are no players on testbed slugging it out in so called low risk pvp? All slots are unlocked, all ships are free (loads of them). Where is nonstop pvp on testbed?

I tried to enter testbed last Saturday but could not do it because of some problem with libraries and C++, too complicated, man. Plus the waste of time switching between testbed and game proper.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Quineloe said:

yeah, you intercepted 100 hours out of 8000. That surely put a stop to first rate production. You are *not* intercepting assembly hours. All of that is done in the final port. Simply because pre-production is pointless, now even for Iron Ingots, because cannons require ore.

None of these changes will matter admin as long as 90% of PVP ends with "Battle Report: No Rewards"

We're spending our time, our most valuable thing, when playing this game. You don't value our time at all, you need to start valuing it. Moreso than you value the pixels we fight in and sink and lose.

Yes :) I put a stop to production of first rate. Roleplaying "that's all that matters to my investors, which shall remain anonymous". That's the whole objective. That's my "time investment". Sail around, take notes, recon an area, see patterns, raid. ( on the game side those stolen materials will build me 3 new ships that serve as raiders, even if I will never need them, at the moment have 7 slots, 3 being used... a waste of slots... ).

Do not get confused by your choice of a naval career when compared to mine ( which changes along the nations tour until release ). I appreciate the time put by all captains into their careers of choice.

Maybe suplemental playstyles must be induced early on, by missions or the like, to the newcomers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Armored_Sheep said:

I disagree, I want to use trader tool when I am sailing in the OW

well you can have it also in the ship tab in ow next to manage crew for example

but in the harbor, i think we need it in the upper section

but that is what i think is for the new UI

6 minutes ago, The Red Duke said:

Do not get confused by your choice of a naval career when compared to mine ( which changes along the nations tour until release ). I appreciate the time put by all captains into their careers of choice.

Maybe supplemental play styles must be induced early on, by missions or the like, to the newcomers.

Duke makes a very good point.   My understanding of MMOs is very limited so I am the last person to try and champion MMO culture but ... is there some way (incentive) to create options for players to assist newcomers.

1 hour ago, Duncan McFail said:

Let's set this up as suggested patch notes instead. Pretend I was @admin and like if you agree fully or post your concern. The problem I'm seeing is this patch doesn't address the problems that caused players to leave. I will adjust notes as necessary until everyone is happy or we are at an impass then we will discuss until we come to an agreement. This game needs a good fix and this patch won't do it.

Hello Captains,

We would like to discuss with you the final review of the coming fixes in general.

• Economy tuning
    • We will be increasing provision output x5
    • We will be reducing Rudder Part needs by 1/3
    • We will be reducing Frame Part/Plank needs by 1/3
    • We will be increasing Rigging Parts output x10
    • We will be reducing Block needs by 1/2
    • We will be reducing all permit prices by 1/2
    • We will reduce the labor hours and required materials for cannons by 1/2
    • We will increase the output of Hull repairs, Rigging Repairs, and Rum x10
    • We will reduce all skillbook and upgrade bp prices by 1/2
    • We will increase trading resource output x3 but trading goods will be dependant on what faction owns the port
    • We will increase the rate of rare woods generation and the ports that generate them x2
    • We will have at least 5 ports that generate all mod resources and increase generation rate x2
  • ROE changes
    • All battles will now be open until they finish including port battles
    • In addition to a tag circle on the enemy there is also another "big circle" the size of a port battle exterior circle on top of it(br taken into account in the regular circle)
    • When a battle occurs players within the "big circle" have a choice to join the battle and thier side. If they do they are placed at a start point of when the battle initially started.
    • Each minute the battle is open the area from which a player could join increases until it's at the maximum distance(Maximum distance is at 5 minutes)
    • The circle to join outside of is cut in half. One half facing the defender's side and the other half facing the attacker's
    • 30s Super speed will only be given to defenders of OW battles in the intitial battle
    • 30s Invisibility will be given to anyone exiting a mission, open world battle, port battle, or epic event
  • Other Changes
    • Addition of new dock space will be lowered to 1/10
    • Teleports will be allowed to Free Towns with a 6 hour cool down taking up your tp to port cooldown
    • The xp system for ship specific slots will be eliminated
    • Xp requirements for rank will be cut back 20%
    • Rear cannons will revert to regular accuracy
    • Rvr missions accessible to compensate for lack of NPCs but only  within the 5 closest ports of the "friendly" port  taken from
    • No more warships on the OW
    • Forts will be moved back 50% effectiveness
    • All skill books will be available in the admiralty some at high prices
    • AI drop chance of rare skill books will increase x5 and be available from pvp encounters
    • Pvp rewards x4
    • A tutorial will be included to help new players progress
    • Rewards are gained off damage done in addition to kills and assists

RVR missions should be the main way of generating hostility

12 minutes ago, jodgi said:

Hold up! We're including guys in their pimped 5th rates on the "rabbit" category?!

Who said that? Your player with 20 hours in the game and his built frigate is already is a lion now?

I get your logic. "Your grace period of 60 minutes is over, you are now valid prey to veterans with thousands of hours in this game".

I just don't share it.

4 hours ago, admin said:

update

monetary rewards for sinking pve ships will be increased (they were toned down too much) to allow a couple of missions to recover the ship costs + cannons
ship and cannon prices updated (cannons on average will be 50% of cost of the ship as it was historically)

example
before - sink pve victory - money reward 50k (ship cost 400k/cannon cost 300k)
after - sink pve victory - money reward 400k (ship cost 400k/cannon cost 200k)

pvp bonuses will increase as well from 50% more to 100% more

Way too much - about 100k for sink first rate seems reasonable for me. But PvP rewards need be special instead money so more action in naval action could happen. Something that bring more players into pvp - "piece of eight" for each kill exchanged in admirality for best upgrades? ship paints? flags?...put yours idea. Bounty missions for pvp kills - kill 10 captains reward 100 marks, kill 25 - 250 etc etc. OW need more pvp related activities.

• Like 2

Just now, Bart Smith said:

Way too much - about 100k for sink first rate seems reasonable for me. But PvP rewards need be special instead money so more action in naval action could happen

I don't think this will ever make it live. It was also far too vague.  50k - that's roughly what you get for a 4th rate combat order if you get two ships .- if you get only one, you get far less. Another flaw in the system but meh.

I seriously doubt he'll ever let us walk away with 400k from such a mission.

5 minutes ago, Quineloe said:

I don't think this will ever make it live. It was also far too vague.  50k - that's roughly what you get for a 4th rate combat order if you get two ships .- if you get only one, you get far less. Another flaw in the system but meh.

I seriously doubt he'll ever let us walk away with 400k from such a mission.

System damage=gold from fight seems ok as well. We can walk away but think about expenses so after all you get half of this i bet.

6 minutes ago, Otto Kohl said:

Increasing gold rewards won't help anything. Inflation will do it's work and reveille be back on the same spot .

PvE content will. I think this game is overall complete, the last step is focus on PvE! and all will go well. People are bored and tired. 

Edited by George Washington

9 minutes ago, Capn Rocko said:

@admin Why are there no planned changes to the pirate nation? Every pirate that is left on PvP EU has no interest in conquest, but yet, we are forced to play by the rules of conquest. Why not give the non-RVR'ers (pirates) an option of gameplay that is different from other nations? 

It does not help to repeat this post every 12 hours.

And pls pay attention to this:

18 hours ago, admin said:

the patch notes do not mention pirates.

So lets talk about taxation port maintenance hostility and issues mentioned there. We are not interested in discussing ANYTHING else in this topic. 
pvp rewards are ok as they concern rewards and cost/rewards mentioned in the first clause. 

Stay on topic - last warning. If you are interested in talking about pirates - start your thread in suggestions. 

1 hour ago, fox2run said:

A thought on RvR...

I hate the idea that some key elements of the game should be runned and controlled by clans. Or rather variable groups of players that act as a nobility or oligarchy. 

Do you have any considerations on how to make RvR experience somewhat positive instead of those personal powermongering that lies in a clan system? 

How come single players should be limited from port battles? 

Shouldnt there rules on clan-behavior?

A lot of single players like the idea of a nation but does not want to have the clan stuff. Isn't possible to make port battles open for all?

To participate in a PB, or to be a valuable player in a PB, you need to do/know more, than just press W, and have a big ship.

It looks easy taking part in PB, but it aint.