Game-Labs Forum

Forthcoming patch final discussion.

47 minutes ago, admin said:

before - sink pve victory - money reward 50k (ship cost 400k/cannon cost 300k)
after - sink pve victory - money reward 400k (ship cost 400k/cannon cost 200k)

Hmmm, maybe think about adjusting it more slighty rather than turning all downside up?

after - sink pve victory - money reward 150k; do it 3 times and you can afford a new one. Sounds not that bad, isn't it?

15 minutes ago, Liquicity said:

Hello inflation my old friend... Ive come to talk with you again.. :o)

True but i think this is happening already... just slower than with the suggested changes. People generating large amounts of gold out of thin air... clans being able to buy forts for their ports and pay their upkeep would help taking some gold out of the system at least...

1 minute ago, Quineloe said:

Instead of restrictios, why not talk benefits? Have a shipyard only use 50% labor hours if it's located in the hot zone.

Although i agree with the benefits vs restrictions I do not see the value on forcing players to the "hot zone".  Find a way to bring the fighters to the "hot zone" and fight each other and problem is solved.

14 minutes ago, Quineloe said:

it can't be a zero sum game. Ships are cheap to repair, if all you got for damaging a surprise close to sinking was 2500g, it might as well be nothing again.

We are not talking cost to repair, but cost to build.

Victory Blueprint
Total Gold: 949985

Victory Blueprint
\ XP: 4100
\ Labor: 1708
\ Blocks: 920
| \ Gold: 46920
\ Cables And Hawsers: 85
| \ Gold: 5185
\ Canvas Rolls: 255
| \ Gold: 27030
\ Cordage And Oakum: 516
| \ Gold: 24252
\ Furnishings: 5
| \ Gold: 4010
\ Iron Fittings: 96
| \ Gold: 12192
\ Knees: 106
| \ Gold: 26500
\ Large Carriage: 62
| \ Gold: 14446
\ Medium Carriage: 50
| \ Gold: 7750
\ Provisions: 850
| \ Gold: 31450
\ Rigging Parts: 255
| \ Gold: 39525
\ Rudder Parts: 318
| \ Gold: 14628
\ Tar: 89
| \ Gold: 2759
\ Teak Frame Parts: 2328
| \ Gold: 339888
\ Victory Permit: 1
| \ Gold: 350000
\ Wooden Fittings: 230
| \ Gold: 3450
===
Total Labor: 1708

Surprise Blueprint
Total Gold: 50618

Surprise Blueprint
\ XP: 1404
\ Labor: 589
\ Blocks: 64
| \ Gold: 3264
\ Cables And Hawsers: 6
| \ Gold: 366
\ Canvas Rolls: 18
| \ Gold: 1908
\ Cordage And Oakum: 36
| \ Gold: 1692
\ Iron Fittings: 7
| \ Gold: 889
\ Medium Carriage: 24
| \ Gold: 3720
\ Provisions: 240
| \ Gold: 8880
\ Rigging Parts: 18
| \ Gold: 2790
\ Rudder Parts: 22
| \ Gold: 1012
\ Small Carriage: 20
| \ Gold: 2280
\ Tar: 7
| \ Gold: 217
\ Teak Frame Parts: 160
| \ Gold: 23360
\ Wooden Fittings: 16
| \ Gold: 240
===
Total Labor: 589

Yes, only damaging a Surprise might net you just 2500g, because you did not do your job properly (go in full guns blazing).

Once again, we are at a crossroad, a new iterration of the game. I am happy with the way devs are planning to acomodate new palyers and make some sort of  a safeheaven for them.  This is good!

Few things i want to suggest:

You have to reward the ACTION in this game, its called Naval Action so reward the action. For ex. make it so that the player that starts a BattleGroup gets 1,5 rewards this will increase the activity and the willingnes to start/create action in this game. Make that "Battle Reward No Rewards" message go away, nobody likes that!

Make us, players as independent as possible but reward collaboration much more.(no point of makeing it imposible for a single player to build a certain ship)

The random uppgrade module reward is not right. Have us do something special for this kind of rewards. Like: coordonate a blockade on Port au Prince 28.8 between 17.00 and 18.00 server. Or something else.

Thank you!

P.S. Does anyone know if we lose our materials when the reset comes?

Edited by AxIslander
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Liquicity said:

Hello inflation my old friend... Ive come to talk with you again.. :o)

In admin's example more than half of it went to Davy Jones' Locker.

We still need to get a good picture of the economy. 

Edited by Skully

12 minutes ago, Quineloe said:

Instead of restrictios, why not talk benefits? Have a shipyard only use 50% labor hours if it's located in the hot zone.

i would rather see i can build more  buildings in any port 

it cost money and you have to visit them once in a while

and only destructible when visiting port so

just a suggestion

6 standard  buildings, and 10 in enemy ports as restricted dependance buildings, only destructible when visiting 

Edited by Thonys

11 minutes ago, Skully said:

We are not talking cost to repair, but cost to build.

Reveal hidden contents

Victory Blueprint
\ XP: 4100
\ Labor: 1708
\ Blocks: 920
| \ Gold: 46920
\ Cables And Hawsers: 85
| \ Gold: 5185
\ Canvas Rolls: 255
| \ Gold: 27030
\ Cordage And Oakum: 516
| \ Gold: 24252
\ Furnishings: 5
| \ Gold: 4010
\ Iron Fittings: 96
| \ Gold: 12192
\ Knees: 106
| \ Gold: 26500
\ Large Carriage: 62
| \ Gold: 14446
\ Medium Carriage: 50
| \ Gold: 7750
\ Provisions: 850
| \ Gold: 31450
\ Rigging Parts: 255
| \ Gold: 39525
\ Rudder Parts: 318
| \ Gold: 14628
\ Tar: 89
| \ Gold: 2759
\ Teak Frame Parts: 2328
| \ Gold: 339888
\ Victory Permit: 1
| \ Gold: 350000
\ Wooden Fittings: 230
| \ Gold: 3450
===
Total Labor: 1708

Reveal hidden contents

Surprise Blueprint
\ XP: 1404
\ Labor: 589
\ Blocks: 64
| \ Gold: 3264
\ Cables And Hawsers: 6
| \ Gold: 366
\ Canvas Rolls: 18
| \ Gold: 1908
\ Cordage And Oakum: 36
| \ Gold: 1692
\ Iron Fittings: 7
| \ Gold: 889
\ Medium Carriage: 24
| \ Gold: 3720
\ Provisions: 240
| \ Gold: 8880
\ Rigging Parts: 18
| \ Gold: 2790
\ Rudder Parts: 22
| \ Gold: 1012
\ Small Carriage: 20
| \ Gold: 2280
\ Tar: 7
| \ Gold: 217
\ Teak Frame Parts: 160
| \ Gold: 23360
\ Wooden Fittings: 16
| \ Gold: 240
===
Total Labor: 589

Yes, only damaging a Surprise might net you just 2500g, because you did not do your job properly (go in full guns blazing).

Anyone who damage farms by sinking ships is broadcast to the entire server on combat news. Not viable.

5 minutes ago, z4ys said:

You should tell us why the patch is boring. Then it is feedback.

It's an opinion he is entitled to hold. If he wanted to elaborate he would already have done so.

Edited by Skully
do not merge plz
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Quineloe said:

Anyone who damage farms by sinking ships is broadcast to the entire server on combat news. Not viable.

There is no damage farm, the ship is sunk, gone. Who cares who did it? The alter can craft as many ships as he want and sink them again. It is an unprofitable strategy because of time investment.

In other words, you are just objecting to a play style. How does this interfere with your play style?

• Like 1

the fleet and the perks and trade :feedback

i would rather see the fleet perks 

removed from the perks and also  made a separate tab for them

it disables my schip and ability to sail for a next dedicated mission

------------------------------------------------------

also, the permit to change the officer should not be in permits 

it does cost the trader his entire fortune on cm s just to accomplish a change in the>  officer section 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

just make the permit for changing the officer  to GOLD

and or make the perks change free >or  an amount of money (gold)

i  can't even test it atm...

-------------------------------------------------

also if i want to see the trader tool  I have to go to the map first 

but what has nautical stuff has to do with trading

also, remove the trader tool in map  > to a single tab in the head section (so noobies have direct access (they see) to the trader tool)

Edited by Thonys

10 minutes ago, Quineloe said:

Uhm, I am objecting to something that admin himself declared to be a bannable offense. That's not a "play style".

@admin was wrong. The system must be self-adjusting or we'll do Tribunals until the end of time.

On 8/6/2016 at 10:00 AM, Skully said:

Going back a bit further in time, it was actually established that any form of Pirate-Pirate battle should result in demotions.

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/9916-damage-farming-demotions/

Guess what we have now.

We need to walk the tight rope very carefully in balancing the different sides. Naval Action is an experiment and it is working, but not in ways that people are expecting it.

On 8/14/2017 at 9:54 AM, admin said:

We are trying and trying hard to fix problems and experiment/experiment/experiment… 

Edited by Skully

12 minutes ago, Skully said:

It's an opinion he is entitled to hold. If he wanted to elaborate he would already have done so.

But it didn't help devs to understand why. So the feedback boring is useless for them. 

The patch is boring because it's mainly a content change for a handful of RvR players and only a secondary change for newcomers which in my opinion will not work as intended, because there is still no real reason to go and fight in the map center for people who are not interested in RvR.

Is much more productive than just the word boring.

3 hours ago, rediii said:

The more very you add the less players join sweden. ;)

Also denmark sould be very hard. tbh as long as their capitals are that close these nations are very hard to play. capitals have to get a bit more away from each other!

Completely agreed. 

Also if I understand how this will work correctly, the difficulty indication will quickly become inaccurate, just like it is now. The difficulty indication will only really be relevant at the start of the map, and if/when a nation is "one-ported", i.e all their capture-able ports are taken. For any newcomer/non-RvR-player the difficulty difference will be imperceptible if say Sweden has their capital + 2 captured ports, while Danmark has lost all their ports/not captured any ports. The difficulty indication here refers only to number of uncaptureable ports it seems, but the real difficulty in RvR comes a lot more from player numbers in the nation and the number of organised players. Boredom has more influence on actual difficulty than number of uncaptureable ports.

If this suggestion is to stand there needs to be some bonuses to the small nations in the end-game, and channels for them to recruit players from the big, easy nations. So that players can grind up max rank in Britain/Spain, and then decide to seek out a challenge in the smaller nations when they reach the RvR-endgame. 

As small states historically with absolutist monarchies, Danmark and Sweden could get a bonus to tax efficiency for instance.

Also, forged papers should be nation specific. To join another nation you should need to know someone high ranked in that nation who can retrieve forged papers for you at his capital and trade them to you, which will allow you to transfer to his nation.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Thonys said:

also, remove the trader tool in map  > to a single tab in the head section (so noobies have direct access (they see) to the trader tool)

I disagree, I want to use trader tool when I am sailing in the OW

Concering the PvE rewards, we realy need to make sure that its not again a money printing service. At this time I think its grindy, but at least you know you'll never get stinking rich doing missions. Its more like your spending money.

If you can get 500k for a Vic kill in PvE, we're going to be swimming in millions and millions of gold in no time. And those who are lower ranked and new players will be the ones who will drop out of the game for this.

We'll be back to people putting up buy contracts for unreasonable prises just capitalising on all the rare stuff. Ships will be crazy expensive again. Its gona break the economy. Think its prety fine atm.

Maybe just use a money multiplier for lower ranked players, and reduce it rank by rank. So top rank players only get the current amount of money for missions.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, The Spud said:

get 500k for a Vic kill in PvE

Ah yes good point. A PvE Vic costs zero to produce. So a PvE mission is either a faucet by design or a zero reward.

I also now see the trick we can apply here. If a PvE mission has a base value, that would represent the faucet.

Any non-player build ships in there are valued at 0.

Rewards can then be extended from the pool of ships sunk again.

So if a player sunk, rewards go up. Call it a recuperation bonus. :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skully said:

What's in it for the ones who sunk themselves? Who spend time sailing OW, got stuck in a good fight, provided content and entertainment to the other both sides, but ultimately lost?

This is why XP needs to be off damage done and keep Gold /Marks off the Assit/Kills.  So you get rewarded with at least xp for your fight even if you did't do to well.   That way your not walking away from the fight with nothing.

1 hour ago, Intrepido said:

Keep into account that one of the reasons of current farming are also due to get combat marks, upgrades and xp for the slots.

Slots requirements should be reduced a bit because in some ships requires a lot of missions to unlock.

You should tweak that to make people more willing to go pvp.

Pvp maybe should reward from time to time something special.

RvR should have far more rewards than now like extra CM, upgrades, paints, rare woods.

The risks of going to pvp or rvr should be compensated with 4-5 times the rewards you get on pve.

If they bring back XP for damage you will get a lot more xp for the fights.  Also ship travel xp should go towards the ship along with your mission reward XP for doing the missions.  These added things will cut down on the actual grind for xp.  Right now most of us don't need the XP cause we are maxed out.   I really wish once you max out a ship you can put that xp towards a free xp pool and use it towards another ship.  Maybe limit it to only being able to use to unlock the first three slots only of a ship.

1 hour ago, Peter Goldman said:

I believe that PvE Gold Rewards should be also taxed. If players is making missions in x port, a clan that controls the port ensures safety for that player, so the PvE'r need to pay for their safety.

Please don't tax every thing to death, it's going to get old and complicated real fast. I don't think player vs player traders should be taxed either.  The only thing that should be taxed are contracts and actual purchases from the in port shop and ship sales.   If your going to start taxing every thing than I want any thing bought out of the Admirality Shop taxed too.  Just joking about that last part, as that shouldn't be taxed either.

1 hour ago, Thonys said:

the fleet and the perks and trade :feedback

i would rather see the fleet perks 

removed from the perks and also  made a separate tab for them

it disables my schip and ability to sail for a next dedicated mission

------------------------------------------------------

also, the permit to change the officer should not be in permits 

it does cost the trader his entire fortune on cm s just to accomplish a change in the>  officer section 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

just make the permit for changing the officer  to GOLD

and or make the perks change free >or  an amount of money (gold)

i  can't even test it atm...

-------------------------------------------------

What they need to do is separate your combat perks from your crafting perks.  Have the combat perks tie into your rank.  Just like it is now, but instead of having to share with Crafting they will be tied into your crafting level.   We have 50 crafting level. You can get one crafting perk for every 10 levels you have.   This way the solo guy can do both craft and fight instead of having to switch his states around all the time.  You still need the reset permits encase you change up your combat perks but this way it helps the Solo and casual guys actually be able to do more than one thing.