Game-Labs Forum

Forthcoming patch final discussion.

1 hour ago, Skully said:

Just because everyone wants a Copper Plating and a Bovenwinds Refit doesn't mean everyone deserves one.

Just because some ( unacceptable remark removed ~ keep dialogue and discussion clean of derogatory adjectives ~ mod team ) has the time to grind pve for days and is willing to throw away his life like this doesn't mean real pvp players should have to roll without copper plating or have to pay ridiculous prices. This korean style mmo gear grind garbage really doesnt belong in a game that clearly aims for a more mature audience.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Skully said:

Just because everyone wants a Copper Plating and a Bovenwinds Refit doesn't mean everyone deserves one.

That's cool and all, but it still pushes people towards giving up instead of inspiring them to work at "deserving" it.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, jodgi said:

That's cool and all, but it still pushes people towards giving up instead of inspiring them to work at "deserving" it.

What if the one who truly deserves it, is the one who got his Victory sunk?

5 hours ago, Skully said:

Aren't the winners, the ones who provide @Jeheil with a good story? In my mind that is good content.

And here I invoke the beloved virtue of @adminAequitas. For the game to be fair, all good activities must be rewarded. Even getting a ship sunk.

3 minutes ago, admin said:

Expensive mods are the alternative to EVE online Officer fits. You don't have to use them.

There is a weird contradictions in the discussion.

If you want to fight with upgrades, then you must spend effort to obtain them. Effort translates to (emotional) attachment and then you can no longer use them in a fight.

• Like 2

@admin

thoughts on a server merge and/or allowing players to transfer between the servers with their items and xp?  Will EU keep its conquest restrictions?

Your aim it seems is to create more rabbits and by the laws of nature, more foxes will appear to control the population.   A server merge will give you a lot of rabbits.  

• Like 1

Just now, Skully said:

There is a weird contradictions in the discussion.

If you want to fight with upgrades, then you must spend effort to obtain them. Effort translates to (emotional) attachment and then you can no longer use them in a fight.

Not to mention cost involved in attaining those upgrades means you will have to PVE to PVP since rewards for PVP are abysmal. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, admin said:

Expensive mods are the alternative to EVE online Officer fits (the ones that cost more than a ship). You don't have to use them.

Too bad they're game decidingly good. Elite French rig refit surpise 1vs1 against one without it? Assuming even player skill, that's one surprise without masts and the other undamaged.

Edited by Quineloe
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Christendom said:

rewards for PVP are abysmal.

The risk/reward analysis for a casual player who goes against someone like @koltes:

Risk: 100%
Reward: 0

Ergo the standing orders to stay in docks.

Going out to seek upgrades to counter that risk, see original risk analysis.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Christendom said:

@admin

thoughts on a server merge and/or allowing players to transfer between the servers with their items and xp?  Will EU keep its conquest restrictions?

Your aim it seems is to create more rabbits and by the laws of nature, more foxes will appear to control the population.   A server merge will give you a lot of rabbits.  

we don't have resources for the merge now. the goals are to roll out features proposed in this topic, improve UI and provide localization. If we find out the time during UI rework we could consider that. But lets discuss this in a separate topic. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Peter Goldman said:

Why PvE players are not playing on PvE server? Just a simple question.

Simple...the people that love PVP have to grind out 90% of their play time in PVE..... leveling up a ship....looking for phantom books....sailing iron fittings to BFE in order to try to make money all in an attempt to do that magical PVP for the remaining 10% of their time...

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, admin said:

we don't have resources for the merge now. the goals are to roll out features proposed in this topic, improve UI and provide localization. If we find out the time during UI rework we could consider that. But lets discuss this in a separate topic. 

@admin

Will EU keep the same restrictions?  If not players can self merge if you give them tools to transfer with items and more importantly knowledge slots.

Bottom line is a month or 2 after every patch the numbers drop off and one of the 2 servers suffers.  This has historically been PvP2.  In a sandbox mmo, players begets players.  

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 2

Hostility and map rework

• All ports will be split into capturable and non-capturable - the amount of ports will represent gameplay difficulty on these original difficulty levels
    • Spain easy
    • Britain easy
    • USA easy
    • France medium
    • Netherlands medium
    • Pirates hard 
    • Denmark hard (only 3 uncapturable ports)
    • Sweden very very very hard (only 1 uncapturable port)

Will you now make it possible to switch nation's without being stripped of everything?

19 hours ago, Intrepido said:

Some upgrades arent expensive, some are extremely expensive. Im talking of millions. And if I dont use them my chances of survival in an even fight are low.

Then why is there so little pvp? /s

( huge image removed from post ~ please refrain from occupying a post 90% made of a pic that adds nothing at all to the discussion ~ mod team )

Edited by Captain Lust

4 hours ago, admin said:

Maybe the number of people who could convert to pvp has fallen drastically due to the design paradigms we have been creating with the active community here?

• Insta- closed battles (favor pvp hunters and not average players)
  • No reinforcements (favor pvp hunters and not average players)
  • Removal of revenge gank due to invisibility and speed buff (favor pvp hunters and not average players)
  • Removal of resource transport (favor pvp hunters and not average players)
  • Many other features that were pushed in to just place average players in line for easy consumption by pvp hunters 

Now we are getting requests to remove missions from capitals (to let pvp hunters find target easier). 
Your opinion is valuable and you were one of the players who asked for some real fixes of revenge ganks - you got them. Did you start to pvp more?

Or maybe all those changes destroy the supply of targets and because wolves don't eat wolves you have nobody to play with once average players dissapear?

100% correct.

- Im a hunter and all im asking is to make my life harder so I would have more targets.
- I want battles to never close or stay open for at least 5-10 mins
- I want no AI reinforcements but player reinforcements no BR limitation.
- No revenge speed buffs and invisibility (want to be able to run away come on a fast ships, cant sail fast ships come in big numbers).

Do not return resource transport. Just remove amount of free ports (without teleport we have way too many) and leave 4-5 on the entire map. Allow teleports to them. Also make them share ONE shop so they become trade hubs. THATS IT!!! This will bring so many traders to 5 areas on the map.
All those 5 free ports must have a greenzone like in capitals but size of visibility to remove port camping.

Do not remove missions from capitals. Just make missions 1 min close timer so they cant use missions to run from chasers, but if no ships in sight no one is able to join and gank.

Hostility missions stay open forever.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, admin said:

Expensive mods are the alternative to EVE online Officer fits (the ones that cost more than a ship). You don't have to use them.

Add more variety to loot and include mods and other things in rare drops from npcs/pvp. Also, fill ocean with content and seal long travel time problem and you are good to go. People will be able to find these mods in PvE if they want to, do not force them to walk only on one road. If I wan't to fleet and after 20 fleets I get 1 rare drop I will return to your game. Same with Long travel times, if I sail and find interesting thing on the way to my destination I won't complain it's boring. You are almost there, but still some work remains undone. 

Edited by George Washington

2 minutes ago, Captain Lust said:

Then why is there so little pvp?

Because players avoid each other rather than sailing out and looking for fights. I'm one of the players that would die for a good pvp battle a day but I just can't find them and i don't want to waste 4 hours just to gank some people, so I stopped playing for now.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Pada said:

Because players avoid each other rather than sailing out and looking for fights. I'm one of the players that would die for a good pvp battle a day but I just can't find them and i don't want to waste 4 hours just to gank some people, so I stopped playing for now.

It takes too much time, and as many pointed we do not have 1 -1.5 hours just to sail to pvp area. On the top of that add expensive guns, mods and 1 dura ships. 

Things that could help increase pvp:

-Pay to Fast travel to port once every 1 hour. 

-Pay to fast travel to region, spawn in the middle and sail to nearest port every 1 hour.

-Passive ship transport to any port. Come back tomorrow and your ship is delivered where you want it to be. 

-Fast travel spawn points around the world that still require sailing, but cut travel time in half once every 1 hour. 

-Battle morale - fight NPC/Players and accumulate Battle morale, use battle morale to jump from one region to another. Can't jump if you don't have any. 

Without these we won't move anywhere with pvp popularity. Devs don't ignore this one please. 

Edited by George Washington
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bart Smith said:

Why USA should be easy at start are they get more ports?

USA originally was the only nation to be listed as "easy".

I think it's nice the "pirates are hardest faction" notion is now finally abandoned. Pirates are easy mode. And as such their "accomplishments" should be rated at.

@admin This new patch does not solve any of the actual underlining issues.   You can change your avatar to the same .gif as so many others, it doesnt change the fact that Pirates are still broken.   The games basic mechanics are flawed.  And the lack of actual population and numbers in game or information on those things is killing any chances at RVR or PVP in this game.