Game-Labs Forum

Forthcoming patch final discussion.

8 hours ago, Bart Smith said:

If i remember orginal proposal was clans can attack each other until they set up friendly status. But maybe im wrong on this...

I hope that admin says something about this, it seems to be getting a little bit confusing atm  ...

at least i hope we will not be like the pirates, if so,  I see a lot of grief and issues (for new noobies)

edit:(happy again)

found this 

• War corporations can fight other war corporations in the same nation ONLY in port battles
Edited by Thonys

This NA is heading to the right direction indeed !

NA has always been a game that includes a "social" aspect (between players), this upgrade will definately force players to create/join strong, organized & steady clans.

A good sociolization within a nation will also improve the possibilty to create steady "clan alliances"

No room for Anarchy !!

No room for independant trollers that ruin a community into a faccion !!

It's time to act & fight for "common goals" !

Note: The only low point is "port timer setting" that might generate tricky timing unless it's into a limited window time as now.

Note 2:

==> Hull & Rigg repairs should get longer cooldown from second use, and should request a much larger amount of crew when activated making the operation riscky against boarding.

==> Rum repairs should be abandonned but replaced by "provisions", provisions drop when sailing in OW, when at zero the crew number start to drop.

==> Rigg repairs should drop in OW when going through bad weather (storm).  

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Celtiberofrog said:

This NA is heading to the right direction indeed !

NA has always been a game that includes a "social" aspect (between players), this upgrade will definately force players to create/join strong, organized & steady clans.

A good sociolization within a nation will also improve the possibilty to create steady "clan alliances"

No room for Anarchy !!

No room for independant trollers that ruin a community into a faccion !!

It's time to act & fight for "common goals" !

Note: The only low point is "port timer setting" that might generate tricky timing unless it's into a limited window time as now.

Note 2:

==> Hull & Rigg repairs should get longer cooldown from second use, and should request a much larger amount of crew when activated making the operation riscky against boarding.

==> Rum repairs should be abandonned but replaced by "provisions", provisions drop when sailing in OW, when at zero the crew number start to drop.

==> Rigg repairs should drop in OW when going through bad weather (storm).  

as a extra feature for bigger ships  bigger than> 5 rate.... in a small amount 

i LIKE THIS ..

Edited by Thonys

I will Say it again the Safe zone thing is going to back fire so bad.  It was fixed when battles were open all the time, now with the unlimited repairs and/or revenge Fleets.  For Player back up.  Now you will see 90+% of server in safe zones and nothing anyone can do about it.  They will only fight when they want to and that means they will have massive numbers only when they leave the SAFE ZONE.  I can not see how people can not see this.  

I will Again Say it.  Open Battles made for Safe zones.  You only went to large populated areas with huge fleets,  because everyone and their mother with the Damn Dog was going to join the battle if you attacked to close to city.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, The Red Duke said:

I will agree with Skully here, fog of war is a package we did not try yet. We have all the info we need at any time. Maybe explore a new venture ?

One thing a few of us including myself has brought up the original game web page mention exploring the new world.  A fog of war would be a lovely way to do this.  When you create a new char you get a basic map of the world.  A few key capital and trade ports show up, it's not until you actually explore that coast line and see those ports that you get to map them and they show up on your map.   I been over the whole map and visited just about every port.  I would do it again upon game relase if there was content to explore and reasons to do it.  

44 minutes ago, Quineloe said:

Knowledge slot grinding wouldn't be a problem if you could obtain decent amounts of exp in PVP.

please bring back exp for damage again. x2 modifier means nothing if you walk away with nothing because you captured the ship in the end.

Add in sailing xp and Missions xp and that grind goes way down and a lot of us would be very happy with xp for damage.  We should get xp no matter if you capture or sink the ship.  The Gold and Marks should be your reward if you sink it and the ship if you don't.    And xp for damage done should not be shared with a group. That is what is killing the rewards for PvP is that you have to share the rewards with others.  Keep that part with the Gold and Marks, but make the xp off what you actually do in battle no matter how assist or kill any one.

Hell do like some games and have an small percentage of your xp go towards a free xp pool that you can use on any ship you want to advance the ship knowledge of.  This pool can even be broken down by ship type.   Like I play a light ship, I get a small percentage of that XP I grind up in light ships that goes towards all light ships.  So If I grind up a Heavy Rattler to 5 slots and more.  Than 10% of that xp goes to all light ships or maybe all 6th rates to unlock the slots.  This way you get a jump start on other ships of the same class.

does this apply to PVE server? some of us like to play without people ganking our progress every few minutes. seriously, give PVE some more love.

i left PVP because some people had bought alt accounts for the sole purpose of spying on other nations. literally, some guy was watching where and when i did missions, then would tell his mates when i was finished so they could pounce on me. that kind of behaviour is just pathetic.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Hell do like some games and have an small percentage of your xp go towards a free xp pool that you can use on any ship you want to advance the ship knowledge of.  This pool can even be broken down by ship type.   Like I play a light ship, I get a small percentage of that XP I grind up in light ships that goes towards all light ships.  So If I grind up a Heavy Rattler to 5 slots and more.  Than 10% of that xp goes to all light ships or maybe all 6th rates to unlock the slots.  This way you get a jump start on other ships of the same class.

I love this Idea,  I will never lvl a slot XP in a Trinc.  But if I got XP for slots I would use it on Ships I might use every once and a While.  Only problem I see is that People would just grind 4th rates for ever just to get 5 slots on a 1st rate.  Maybe make it only for class or lower.

Edited by JobaSet

2 hours ago, admin said:

Maybe the number of people who could convert to pvp has fallen drastically due to the design paradigms we have been creating with the active community here?

• Insta- closed battles (favor pvp hunters and not average players)
  • No reinforcements (favor pvp hunters and not average players)
  • Removal of revenge gank due to invisibility and speed buff (favor pvp hunters and not average players)
  • Removal of resource transport (favor pvp hunters and not average players)
  • Many other features that were pushed in to just place average players in line for easy consumption by pvp hunters 

Now we are getting requests to remove missions from capitals (to let pvp hunters find target easier). 
Your opinion is valuable and you were one of the players who asked for some real fixes of revenge ganks - you got them. Did you start to pvp more?

Or maybe all those changes destroy the supply of targets and because wolves don't eat wolves you have nobody to play with once average players dissapear?

Is this some crafty damage control PR or do you really think like this?

Here's some reality so don't mind me telling like it is - you managed to create an environment of abundant grass fields for all kinds of grass eaters and surrounded them with all kinds of artificial safety measures so they would never transform or move out of their grass fields because they could safely reach end content inside their greenhouse. You put so much grass on their plate that pvp is something they might TRY once in a blue moon for lulz. Numbers show you that PvP is somekind of a side-feature here that is slapped on to a heavilly pve abundant game because risk reward ratio is so heavily favoring safe pve progression.

I can imagine that you created this environment for ''wolves'' that are okay with farming harmless plankton, sheep, rabbits - whatever you name it - on a constant repeat.

No wonder any self respecting pvper leaves this enviroment because they would have to plow through tons of plankton to find one inspiring fight where they can actually get excited and think: ''wow, this dude actually knows what he is doing.'' so here's a plot twist: wolves and pvers didn't mix that well as you might believe and as the numbers show - they are two different mindsets playing different games and you will be forever forced to sit on two chairs unless sacrificing one for another.

disclaimer: uninstalled this game because of 100 boring fights to 1 interesting fight ratio, never lost a dura to a player since this game hit EA. Finding another wolf was like searching for a needle in the hay on OW. Rewards don't concern me - an interesting/inspiring fight is a reward itself actually.

Regarding the topic - seems like another episode from the series of ''Hold my beer - I got this.''

No hard feelings - I still like you for what you achieved! And my deepest condolences go out to those poor deceived ones who joined this game thinking this was about RvR with majority players interested in pvp.

Edited by Kaos
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

One thing a few of us including myself has brought up the original game web page mention exploring the new world.  A fog of war would be a lovely way to do this.  When you create a new char you get a basic map of the world.  A few key capital and trade ports show up, it's not until you actually explore that coast line and see those ports that you get to map them and they show up on your map.   I been over the whole map and visited just about every port.  I would do it again upon game relase if there was content to explore and reasons to do it.

Completely different topic (albeit interesting). :)

I think something got lost in the translation. We are talking fog of war exploits between Open World and Battle Instances.

Those within the Battle Instance have no visibility on Open World, yet can be ganked from it. Although it can be countered by always having a scout on the outside, it'll mess with people heads and expectations on a battle. Especially if I can induce a winning strategy to which there is no counter anymore.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, admin said:

All free towns will turn into neutral towns with the exception of 

• El Rancho
  • Tumbado
  • Shroud Cay
  • La Tortue
  • La Mona
  • Aves
  • Dariena
  • Guayaguayare
  • Neutral towns will allow pirate entry
  • Neutral towns will allow normal teleports and building construction

Please, please, please, let La Navasse be a Free Town:

La Navasse was earlier a PvP-Hotspot. So, dont remove this !

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kaos said:

Is this some crafty damage control PR or do you really think like this?

Well. Instantly closed battles for example were a baby of active forum and private discussions with pvp players (hunters) including Rakers

And instantly closed battles indeed made pvp hunting better. But they did not increase pvp. In fact they reduced it (based on data). We given this feature a long time to test itself. Yet it failed to bring expected results. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, [HRE] Lanfire said:

Please, please, please, let La Navasse be a Free Town:

La Navasse was earlier a PvP-Hotspot. So, dont remove this !

Workaround:
Capture La Navasse
Set as a neutral town
Defend in port battles

If a certain clan or nation does not want this place to be a free town he should have means to stop it from being a freetown. 

• Like 3

Not sure you have all the idea of pvp player, i am pvp player in the spirit but i no play pvp(since the wipe) because all cost heavy and travel make time(no pvp since no tp too).

But now all new patch sound good.

Just please we need capture ship in the final release.

Edited by n_Ka

Just now, Peter Goldman said:

The biggest issue of PvP is the fear of losing ships. It's not durabilities, it's not ganking, it's that players are scared to lose ships and if they equip their ships with mods worth 2-3m gold, they are scared even more and won't risk. Upgrades have to high of a value, so do cannons and ships.

But insta-closed battles were in times when ships were cheap, ships had durabilities as well. 

Remember the feedback when 74 could be captured?
Aaah please get rid of the disposable ships
Remember when people (after wipe) tried to have fun in pvp in basic cutter?
AAAH please get rid of the basic cutters!

Regarding "pvp missions": anyone thought already about different scenarios, lets say

- sinking all enemy ships

- breaking a blockade

- sneaking undiscovered through enemy lines (yes, we need more darkness in game)

- capture a certain enemy ship

I think we could need a bit more diversity in fights ...

5 minutes ago, admin said:

Well. Instantly closed battles for example were a baby of active forum and private discussions with pvp players (hunters) including Rakers

And instantly closed battles indeed made pvp hunting better. But they did not increase pvp. In fact they reduced it (based on data). We given this feature a long time to test itself. Yet it failed to bring expected results. 

Tinkering ROE does not change the fundamental factor that the game is full of PVE players not interested in pvp'ing since you offered so many options to avoid pvp and skip it since EA by adding missions and safe zones.

Regarding instant closed battles, I was not there anymore but if I remember correctly,  rakers were the first ones pushing for WYSIWYG ROE ( 2 min timers was pretty fine I think, not sure why you removed it) implying it would improve group sailing cohesion and make people more self-aware of their surroundings but this playerbase wants to just warp into instances from beyond visual range because ganking and surrounding lone targets on OW under the mask of ''exciting and fun and you never know what surprise comes around the corner tee-hee''.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

Ships cannot be free. NPC capped ships are throw away free kamikaze ships with guns, so were basic cutters too. Issue with basic cutters was even worse because you could get another just 5 seconds after you lost one. Another one with free crew, free guns, free repairs and in the closest friendly deep water port from where you died. 

I find that getting cannons for ships is very harsh and expensive, same with repairs. It doesn't make much sense to me to 1v1 someone when repair costs will exceed my final reward for battle. 30k gold and 20+ combat marks for killing Surprise in duel and 100k worth of repairs used in battle? 

this will be partially addressed

14 hours ago, admin said:

• Economy tuning
    • Number of trips required for crafting will be drastically reduced
    • Ship prices will be adapted to better suit older costs that included durabilities
    • Combat marks permits and skill book prices will be adapted but some ships will remain rare and expensive
    • Trading resources placement will be improved and demand and supply volumes adapted for new system

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, JobaSet said:

I will Say it again the Safe zone thing is going to back fire so bad.  It was fixed when battles were open all the time, now with the unlimited repairs and/or revenge Fleets.  For Player back up.  Now you will see 90+% of server in safe zones and nothing anyone can do about it.  They will only fight when they want to and that means they will have massive numbers only when they leave the SAFE ZONE.  I can not see how people can not see this.  

I will Again Say it.  Open Battles made for Safe zones.  You only went to large populated areas with huge fleets,  because everyone and their mother with the Damn Dog was going to join the battle if you attacked to close to city.

say it as often you want, you want to force fights on players that don't want to fight you right at that moment. With those changes, those players will at least be there and there's a larger potential pool for players to fight.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, admin said:

But insta-closed battles were in times when ships were cheap, ships had durabilities as well. 

Remember the feedback when 74 could be captured?
Aaah please get rid of the disposable ships
Remember when people (after wipe) tried to have fun in pvp in basic cutter?
AAAH please get rid of the basic cutters!

These people simply were wrong. There were so many good fights involving bad, free 74s. The main difference to today however is that today a regular 74 is nigh invulnerable to most frigates.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

Does it mean that we will get all books from admiralty and that we can craft all upgrades? (e.g. Copper Plating). Also please get rid of NPC-only spawning items like woods and rare resources like Cartagena Tar. The more players, the more problems to get it will be and the higher prices. Production of NPC always remains the same, population of the server and demand changes all the time. Supply cannot be controlled by players, thus supply and demand rule is not working properly.

If you set yourself that target, it should be attainable. Supply does not need to be dictated by players, prices will.

Just because everyone wants a Copper Plating and a Bovenwinds Refit doesn't mean everyone deserves one.

33 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

The biggest issue of PvP is the fear of losing ships. It's not durabilities, it's not ganking, it's that players are scared to lose ships and if they equip their ships with mods worth 2-3m gold, they are scared even more and won't risk. Upgrades have to high of a value, so do cannons and ships.

So much this. I want ships to have value - otherwise sinking a enemy ship just doesnt feel like you've accomplished something and you could just make ships impossible to lose instead - if your ship sinks you get it back in port. Real problem is upgrades exceeding the worth of ships multiple times and people being even more afraid of going to pvp because they could lose it all. Well this and the endless repair garbage system that has to be resupplied every time and turns most battles into a dull and boring chore.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Anolytic said:

I just realized, that this means we will be able to one-port Sweden again! 

Almost makes me nostalgic.

Think of the bragging rights. You can no longer brag about being the best Clan unless you are Swedish. :D