Game-Labs Forum

Port changes next content patch - September

Why so negative? Port reset will be a fresh start for all nations, which might reconsider their priorities and go for different areas of control and different alliences. It will be fun.

As for capitals, scrap them. Instead add the primary outpos slot. It will be a special one, for it would allow tp to that port, just as to capital now. Port with most such outposts will gain the capital status (basically a special regional capital, eg with better defenses).

Edited by Stilgar

My main concern is wether these new PB mechanics will allow for shallow water battles. Or reduce the importance of even more SoLs - the Bellona, Bucentaure and Pavel doesn't really have much use outside of OW and even there it's limited..

I don't know if the "Land in Port Battles" update will come with the conquest update in the September patch, but once the Land in Port Battles update hits there is potential for Port Battles to be very different and possibly make more ship types more relevant. I want to not though, that there's nothing wrong with OW. Even if a ship isn't used much for PBs doesn't make it useless. And with the new conquest mechanics OW should become a lot more important in RvR as well. The actual port battles will only be a minor part of it. 

• Like 1

This is the most important point to clarify. Will the actual nationality/neutrality status of the port prevail on its freeport status or not?

I am hoping it will be used to determine who can enter with warships over a certain size. ie bigger then a 5th rate can't stay there.. they can dock and repair but not base there without captain staying with the ship. But not sure they are going that detailed with the outposts

20-30 is a bit to much, but I can see maybe making it 10 in the capital and 5 every where else.  That are do the drydock thing.  many folks I know use there FLEET slots for drydock spots.

I would be happy with 10 ports, but a drydock system in the capital would be cool too.   

Than it's there lost and they had no clue what an EA Alpha means.  To be honest I think when the game goes live we should start all over with maybe a few gift for doing NA, but we have to level all over like new players will have to.  So a wipe of a port is nothing.

Or just let us increase dock space in Outposts like we do Warehouse size.. say +3 per upgrade with increasing cost per upgrade

Questions... (Do let me know if they've been covered, I can't seem to find 'em).

1. Does the reset mean that we also have to clear out national capitals or are they exempted?

2. What will happen to ships/resources stored in the shop? And in the clan warehouses? And in the fleet tab?

The number of resources and ships that people will have to move around (personally Im sitting on 30 of 'em) will be quite time-consuming, so ideally we could have these answers promptly and start doing it sooner rather than later.

Questions... (Do let me know if they've been covered, I can't seem to find 'em).

1. Does the reset mean that we also have to clear out national capitals or are they exempted?

2. What will happen to ships/resources stored in the shop? And in the clan warehouses? And in the fleet tab?

The number of resources and ships that people will have to move around (personally Im sitting on 30 of 'em) will be quite time-consuming, so ideally we could have these answers promptly and start doing it sooner rather than later.

Assets are safe till october content patch. Since free ports won't be affected in september content patch, perhaps it is better to move your stuff from nation ports to the closest free port(s) and then, after september content patch has gone live, take actions accordingly
  • Like 1

Assets are safe till october content patch. Since free ports won't be affected in september content patch, perhaps it is better to move your stuff from nation ports to the closest free port(s) and then, after september content patch has gone live, take actions accordingly

So capitals are fine to leave stuff there?

It's been a long time since there were any neutral ports on the PvP maps...so many experienced players may not know (or have forgotten) this:   A Neutral port functions no differently than a National port in terms of being able to place outposts, ships, items, and buildings.    In that sense, a neutral port is similar to a Free Town...except one can even have production buildings there as well.

So if a player has an outpost+ships/stuff in an own-nation port today which will be a neutral port post-patch (example; British Misteriosa PvP1)....I don't think the player's assets would be affected.

There is much that is still unclear about upcoming RvR mechanics...so there may (or may not) be some valid reasons why it would be a good idea to get assets out of a soon-to-be-neutral port.  But the prospect of logging in on patch day and finding those assets inaccessible (or requiring use of things like smuggler flag and fleet mechanics to access) shouldn't be be one of the concerns.

Do capitals count among these 'national ports' or are they safe to store things in?

AFAIK you will still be able to smuggle goods out. You will be able to use smuggle fleet to get your ships.

Clan warehouses might be problematic. Ship contracts might be problematic as well.

I think we should expect some loses and try to recoup.

IMHO it makes little sense to spend time addressing these issues for this very rare special event.

Captains

In September (if stars align favorably) all ports will be reverted to neutral (In case of mixed historical ownership) or to original historical ownership (in case the whole region belonged to one nation. No other resets will be done. 

Pitt's town will change nation - if you have assets in Pitt's town - move them out.

Please take necessary action to reposition resources, ships, or outposts.

In October resource map will change requiring reset of production buildings. Some free towns will be repositioned. More detailed information on this will be posted later. 

Reposition, you say. You sure make it sound easy. Sounds like this is going to cost me a hell of a lot of gold. I'll first have to destroy my lvl 3 shipyard in the free port that will soon change hands.Same thing with my lvl 3 tobacco farm AND my lvl 3 mines. It will cost me 5000 each to abandon my outposts in those locations THEN spend close to 300000 EACH to build  a shipyard and other assets somewhere else.

I get the feeling you people spent no time at all planning this.

ETA: Let's also not forget the gold I've apparently wasted expanding my warehouse on my home port. I bet you didn't think about that, either.

Edited by WhiskyTango

Reposition, you say. You sure make it sound easy. Sounds like this is going to cost me a hell of a lot of gold. I'll first have to destroy my lvl 3 shipyard in the free port that will soon change hands.Same thing with my lvl 3 tobacco farm AND my lvl 3 mines. It will cost me 5000 each to abandon my outposts in those locations THEN spend close to 300000 EACH to build  a shipyard and other assets somewhere else.

I get the feeling you people spent no time at all planning this.

If you read this thread (found in this very same forum), you will find that, yes, they did spend some time thinking about this.

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/16423-free-town-changes-important/

• Like 2

If you read this thread (found in this very same forum), you will find that, yes, they did spend some time thinking about this.

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/16423-free-town-changes-important/

I did read that. Doesn't change anything. I (and a lot of other people) are going to get screwed by this as I explained in my previous post.

• Like 1

I did read that. Doesn't change anything. I (and a lot of other people) are going to get screwed by this as I explained in my previous post.

What part of you are testing an ALPHA of a game do you not understand.  If they fell like it they can wipe every thing you have and make us all start over fresh every other week if that is what they want to test.

• Like 5

Admin said this:

resource production buildings will all be destroyed during reset

compensation will be provided in monetary form.

so if you have invested 1 mln in production buildings you will not have buildings but will have 1 mln on account.

So they've made the effort to save us most losses, but they can't cater to all your assets and complaints WT.  If you lose assets get over it and re-acquire them the same way you were able to do it the first time.  This is alpha, accept that you will lose things before this goes final release.  If you can't accept that, you should try a different game.

If you want to minimize your losses then you'll simply need to plan ahead like everyone else.  Move your ships where it's smart, craft your production building materials night before the reset, and relocate, sell, or use other assets which are at stake before the port reset.  Anything else, accept it and move on.

Edited by Jean Ribault
  • Like 1

What part of you are testing an ALPHA of a game do you not understand.  If they fell like it they can wipe every thing you have and make us all start over fresh every other week if that is what they want to test.

If they did that, I would probably stop playing this game. I am thinking of doing that, as it is.