Game-Labs Forum

Port changes next content patch - September

So long as Cabo remains a free port, you should be fine leaving your ships/goods there.

Got it, thanks for the info. :) Next question.... is it remaining a free port? :D On the map it's a yellow font with a grey circle and and (I) next to it. Looks like it's remaining a free port then?

So long as Cabo remains a free port, you should be fine leaving your ships/goods there.

Of course, you may wake up on 9/1 and find Cabo surrounded by hostile ports instead of your friendly 'Mericans.

~ HK ~

Edited by HardyKnox

Of course, you may wake up on 9/1 and find Cabo surrounded by hostile ports instead of your friendly 'Mericans.

~ HK ~

Not TOO worried about that. I'm on PvP 2 and the US has a pretty strong presence on that server. We will most likely take back the entire east coast in the first day or two, lol.

• Like 1

Not TOO worried about that. I'm on PvP 2 and the US has a pretty strong presence on that server. We will most likely take back the entire east coast in the first day or two, lol.

Actually, I'm looking forward to some "local" port battles.  Lately, all the "action" has been far away from the 'Merican Homeland.  Tough for us married seniors who like to be home at night with the wife or sweetheart.  ("May they never meet!")

~ HIK ~

What will happen to pirate? Will they remain the same as any other nation? Because it seems most of pirate's ports are decimated across the whole map so pirate won't have any proper area to start with unlike all others nations.

And What will be Neutral ports? Just port anyone can capture expecting no resistance?

And what will be Indian/Native Nation?

Edited by ShaWa
  • Like 2

A couple questions...

1. What will happen to player "Stuff", of anyone who is off for a week or two and comes back to the game to find everything changed geographically speaking and with his OP's deep in Enemylandia...  When something similar occurred as a result of the PVP3 Merge, returning players just unpacked their things from redeemables after reading the brief notice on signing in.  This was a small chore (one I have not completed even yet, by the way ;) ), but not a game buster for anyone I'm aware of. 

2. I notice there are no longer Free Cities, only Neutral ones.  Will the game mechanics currently used for FCs be available in Neutral Cities...most specifically "deliveries"?  If not, will deliveries be available more generally or not at all?

Thanks for all your hard work Devs...keep it up and have a good one.

• Like 1

To the Admins & Staff:

It is still not 100% clear what your position is on Freetowns/Neutral Territory.

Can we leave ships and assets these Freetowns yes or no?

What happens if the patch occurs and we did not have sufficient time to evacuate our items out of a town that had then now changed ownership?

Is there a more clear or more finalized list of which towns will be flagged as "Neutral" ? Could you perhaps share this in list form?

Is there a list of towns that were formerly a freetown but are going to change over to a faction's possession? Could these town's names be shared so that those can be evacuated?

Any clarity or further explanation would be appreciated as there is daily speculation on the forums, clan forums, teamspeaks, as well as in the in-game chats that is counter-productive and the players do not know whether to relocate their assets or not. If some questions could be answered then the peace at mind could enable the players to go back about their business and not have to worry about the patch holding their assets hostage.

Thank You

• Like 4

2. I notice there are no longer Free Cities, only Neutral ones.  Will the game mechanics currently used for FCs be available in Neutral Cities...most specifically "deliveries"?  If not, will deliveries be available more generally or not at all?

There are still FreeTowns on the Map. They are exactly the same as currently. All current freetowns are marked on the new map by a white circle, indicating freetowns. Freetowns might change, but from what the devs have shared so far they are definitely not changing with this (September) patch, but maybe with the October patch.

It is still not 100% clear what your position is on Freetowns/Neutral Territory.

Can we leave ships and assets these Freetowns yes or no?

[...]

Is there a list of towns that were formerly a freetown but are going to change over to a faction's possession? Could these town's names be shared so that those can be evacuated?

Here:

free towns will stay in the same place until october or maybe later. [...]

Are our assets safe in free ports or do we have to take them out too ?

safe until october content patch.

Some people speak of some ports that are freetowns now are to be switched into another nation's possession. I don't know whether this is true or not and this is why i turn to the forums. As for some of the other freetowns, yes some of those may be remaining the same.

There needs to be more definition of what is happening or not happening and what is happening in September VS happening in October (or later).

I thought i was sure that i understood that all national ports were going to be reset and that the freetowns were going to remain untouched with an exception of pittstown. Then theories and other interpretations started to surface and now all i am looking for is a more black and white answer.

• Like 1

So, I'm not seeing any Free Ports, really and many have switched to neutral. Will outposts in neutral ports be destroyed as well? Does that mean Free Ports won't be so much a thing? Also, I feel like it might be a nice gesture to reimburse players for their outposts that will be eliminated with the changes. As a new player, those outposts I have were a huge investment, and it looks like I'm losing most of mine in the change.

ok, I am blind .. or have skimmed over any reference.. if there was any.. but how will this "reset" effect the PVE server?

as no ports can be taken or lost? So if all the ports are turned Neutral (except the Free ports) then Pirates have few options available to them.

Or will this reset only affect the PVP servers?

Edited by yankyaeger

For those who have problems loading the map (and I get the error in Firefox on both the original & Anolytic's one) I have downloaded, resized it from 8000px wide to 4000px and added a map legend to it.

So hopefully this link works for you too.

NA Map New large

Hrm, it seems that the server resized the image smaller, here is the "large" sized version:

http://ob1design.com/temp/NA/NA-map-new-large.jpg

Edited by Arctander
  • Like 3

A legend appears, thanks very much for sharing that Arctander.  The OP put up a map which nicely included symbols, abbreviations, and colors, but didn't put any legend on it (seriously who does that?  Common knowledge by pretty much everyone in the world you must have a legend, and usually also a scale and a north arrow, with an application-specific map that displays symbols).  I and others asked for a legend in this thread, and those comments were presumably ignored (or not seen?).  I didn't review it yet to see if it's comprehensive but thanks for adding it.

Edited by Jean Ribault
  • Like 1

Any idea what those regional capital (FRC, SRC, BRC, UPRC) imply?

Will players from those nation start with an outpost in each of those at game start? Will it be the posibility to chose your starting port in any of those?

I' d rather start with an outpost in each, with the ability to teleport there in order to facilitate de defence of the large empires early in the game. You would still need to build or sail your ships there yourself since the tp will be removed.

Any idea what those regional capital (FRC, SRC, BRC, UPRC) imply?

Will players from those nation start with an outpost in each of those at game start? Will it be the posibility to chose your starting port in any of those?

I' d rather start with an outpost in each, with the ability to teleport there in order to facilitate de defence of the large empires early in the game. You would still need to build or sail your ships there yourself since the tp will be removed.

Regions and their capitols are supposed to play a bigger role in the new conquest mechanics.

Your outposts won't change with the September port reset. If you have an OP in another nations region then you may want to move it prior to the end of September. Keep in mind that the map posted here is only a draft with the exception of the regional boundaries and Freetowns which stay the same for this patch.  Hope this helps.

It appears there will be two types of regional capitals. Regulars and some specific to larger states (France, GB, Spain and UP).

So far, this is the list I've found on the map:

France: Fort royal as capital, nouvelle-Orleans and port au prince as French regional capital.

Spain: habana as capital, Vera Cruz, Trujillo, santo Domingo, Santiago, sans Juan, Caracas and carthagena de India and San Augustine as Spanish regional capital.

GB, Port royal as capital, saint johns, Bridgetown, Nassau, Belize and blue field as regionals.

UP : willemstad as capital and oranstad as regional capital.

I wonder what those special regional capitals will mean.

Edited by Serk

I just wondered.. Seen as we now go to aggression levels and one port battle to decide an entire region (if I didn't get that wrong?), does that mean that port battles in the future will only be 1st rate battles?

I'm already wondering why any1 would make a 3rd or 2nd rate ship as there isn't much use for them other than the occasional open world brawl.. Which more often than not happens because someone take a lone buc to waters where they get jumped by a bunch of frigates and 2nd rates.. Other than those occasions I rarely see them in battle.. Will this new update make the inger obsolete too?

ok, several problems here that i have not seen an answer too.

#1 how are we to move all our ships and cargo to other ports when they are in other nations names. example, a US now port is getting turned over to the french, but we cannot move into a port cause its under spanish now, but will be US later.  

#2  how are you going to compensate us for port where we have expanded our warehouses? as well as our farm items?

#3 how do you expect us to move all our ships from 8 ports into the ports now given, and since we are no long able TP with cargo or use a cutter, how do you expect us to move all our stuff safely?

#4 Your current port is now going to be danish and if we try to move a loaded ship out of of it, we stand a huge chance of being attacked and taken over by a danish ship. we cant move our items to a freeport to ship it without getting attacked. 

from the little information listed here, this has not been really thought out too well has it? you are going to force hundreds of players to move their ships, cargo, fleets, and mods across large sections of ocean. you guys really need to rethink this whole move to give the players here a better chance to resume their playing with all their items intact. 

• Like 5