Game-Labs Forum

Port changes next content patch - September

I would like to know how all this is suppose to effect pirates since we don't have our update/changes yet and it seems it keeps getting pushed back and pushed back.   Just an out line would be cool to know what to expect when it's our turn to join in on things or now we are going to effect the nations.

• Like 1

I just wondered.. Seen as we now go to aggression levels and one port battle to decide an entire region (if I didn't get that wrong?), does that mean that port battles in the future will only be 1st rate battles?

I'm already wondering why any1 would make a 3rd or 2nd rate ship as there isn't much use for them other than the occasional open world brawl.. Which more often than not happens because someone take a lone buc to waters where they get jumped by a bunch of frigates and 2nd rates.. Other than those occasions I rarely see them in battle.. Will this new update make the inger obsolete too?

I didn't really get an answer to my question.. If it has already been answered in an earlier post I've been unable to find it..

But are PB's in the future going to be only 1st rate battles? And if so, I'd like to suggest adding a raiding mechanic so players can raid the rest of the ports without the region changing ownership.. U could also differentiate the deep water ports so that some of them allows for 3rd or 2nd rate participation.. That way all ships has an ingame use and as it's only the regional capitals that decide the fate of the region u still get to limit the turnover in ports (which is rather insane atm).. The port raiding could be used to help increase aggression levels and the loot gained could be upgrades not available from crafting..

ok, several problems here that i have not seen an answer too.

#1 how are we to move all our ships and cargo to other ports when they are in other nations names. example, a US now port is getting turned over to the french, but we cannot move into a port cause its under spanish now, but will be US later.  

#2  how are you going to compensate us for port where we have expanded our warehouses? as well as our farm items?

#3 how do you expect us to move all our ships from 8 ports into the ports now given, and since we are no long able TP with cargo or use a cutter, how do you expect us to move all our stuff safely?

#4 Your current port is now going to be danish and if we try to move a loaded ship out of of it, we stand a huge chance of being attacked and taken over by a danish ship. we cant move our items to a freeport to ship it without getting attacked. 

from the little information listed here, this has not been really thought out too well has it? you are going to force hundreds of players to move their ships, cargo, fleets, and mods across large sections of ocean. you guys really need to rethink this whole move to give the players here a better chance to resume their playing with all their items intact. 

Simplest solution would be a full asset wipe at the time of the patch. Careful what you ask for.

Doing a full wipe means it would be weeks before we see anything resembling the end game.

With the limited port reset, nothing gets lost and everything is still accessible (although not easy).

Just pick a Region at start and kick off. It will be rough around the edges initially, but we should be used to that by now. ;)

The problem with this forum is that a few bright minds ask the right questions, but they will not get answers?

Because the answers are a lot harder.  No matter how insightful and well-articulated, a player question has no consequences.  One can just throw them out there.  For that matter, player speculation and suggestions for possible solutions likewise have few ramifications.  They're "fire-and-forget" posts.

For Game Labs, however, anything written in these forums then has to be followed up and acted upon (or, even worse, possibly won't be followed up and acted upon).  Every definitive answer limits or eliminates other possible solutions.  Every definitive answer is a commitment which may or may not entail a re-prioritization of existing schedule.  Every definitive answer impacts not only the individual who posts it, but also most or all of that individual's colleagues (not to mention the boss) at his/her real-world job.   So yeah, if I were them, I'd probably be pretty careful and take my time in answering as well.   

That said...

Ok devs, all the above notwithstanding, this new mechanics set is just around the corner.  Surely by now you've got to have some of these definitive answers at a sufficient level of confidence that they could be shared?  I think the vast majority of players (myself included) are pretty enthusiastic about the game changes coming.  But there are also many (myself included) feeling some uncertainty about the transition from the current environment to the next.  

• Like 2

As a career pirate from day one i would sure LOVE to have even the slightest inclination of what is happening to us. There are constant updates and clues to what is happening for nationals but not a word about pirates.

Is there even a plan for us ? Could you please give some hints so we can experiment with perks,ships, and mods to see how things will work for our new playstyles?

• Like 1

Neutral ports can be taken by nations? Or did i miss something?

Before, when there were actually some neutral ports, yes, they were all taken over by nations.  I assume (?) this will be the same as well?  There's been no indication that it would change, but again no assertion that it will be the same.  I agree, it would be nice to know for sure.

well, devs this gonna be stupid... if i see our nation the dutch we only have 6 ports, split up and the spanish getting most of the ports... thats not fair! wy dont start everyone with a few ports and rest neutral and see how it will get. this is not the way to balance the game!

Edited by burrnout

As a clan leader in the dutch nation and pro pvp player im very much against this port setup!

i wanna remind the devs that his is a pvp game setting back for instance the dutch back to 6 ports and even split them up is pretty much a death sentence and there is no way the dutch can hold multiple nations back.

my prediction is we wil be reverted to probably 1 port in the first week because the people in other nations wil come and grief the dutch full on...

so again i would rethink this move if i where the devs because no offense but its BS this is a PVP game so wy undermine 1 nation like this!

me and my clan stand united in this thats almost a 100 people against it and i bet most other dutch agree with me too.

Edited by Henry d'Esterre Darby
Keep it on topic.

ok will just shorten the question (s) ...'

1) Is the map change only for PVP servers?

2) or will the PVE server be affected as well?

3) If so, (PVE affected), how will items in warehouses be affected, redeemables like the PVP 1/3 merge? (I know this has been asked - but no answer has been given)

Thanks,

-Yank

As a clan leader in the dutch nation and pro pvp player im very much against this port setup!

i wanna remind the devs that his is a pvp game setting back for instance the dutch back to 6 ports and even split them up is pretty much a death sentence and there is no way the dutch can hold multiple nations back.

my prediction is we wil be reverted to probably 1 port in the first week because the people in other nations wil come and grief the dutch full on...

so again i would rethink this move if i where the devs because no offense but its BS this is a PVP game so wy undermine 1 nation like this!

me and my clan stand united in this thats almost a 100 people against it and i bet most other dutch agree with me too.

Lets watch the Swedish nation - wait say no more. Please dont complain over something that is obvious.

This game tries to be as historical as they can. You should know that the British had the most colonies in the carribean. Second were the French and third the Spain. Than and pretty mutch later the Dutch. So I dont see why you shall get "the same amount" of harbors!

Sweden only gets one and we dont complain.

• Like 1

Sweden and DK-NO starts with 1 region, you dont hear us complain =)

We still have fleets aye? The neutral ports in the beginning will probably be taken quickly. Relax!

EDIT: Didn't read your post Twig, just pressed quote when I saw this guys comment - but yeah I agree =)

Edited by E.P. Juel

Good afternoon ALL

humm well hu...

Mmm yes...

what was the update all about this morning??

did someone noticed something or had a clou on something 

or.....

is it a :ph34r:  secret...

what is it.... :huh:

Good afternoon ALL

humm well hu...

Mmm yes...

what was the update all about this morning??

did someone noticed something or had a clou on something 

or.....

is it a :ph34r:  secret...

what is it.... :huh:

AFAIK PvE One got moved to another provider and that's it.

Nothing to do with September patch. Edited by Skully