Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
sterner

Work in progress - UItimate Admiral: Age of Sail

Recommended Posts

UGN_screen_01.thumb.jpg.b26545202ff0128491a00a9e8cbaac8e.jpgUGN_screen_06.thumb.jpg.75d502dd26d61c04eb3a9a09ba2095a3.jpgHello Admirals and Generals!

We would like to share with you few screenshots from upcoming new game - Ultimate Admiral: Age of Sail.

They are WIP(work in progress), but they help us to introduce you what the game will be.

view.jpg

sea_battle.jpg

landing.jpg

  • Like 27

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is looking very good and promising!

I always dreamed a bit about a combination of naval action and UG for the land part. This is a good alternative.

Edited by Cecil Selous
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My feedback on those early images:

-The UI colours are too cold. If you look at the UI of the Empire total War they use warm ones that fits much more with the materials and the theme of the time.

-In the third picture I feel there is a problem of scale. That Agamenon looks like a giant compared with the boats and the environment (trees). It is not the first time I see this issue as in naval action the building and the ships have different scales, making the result a bit poor.

-The Antialiasing needs a serious work. The surfaces and the edges must be soften than now.

-Be ambitious unleashing all the power of the graphic engine. High res textures, effects... Details make the difference.

Edited by Intrepido

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks epic! it's an absolute shame the land models and landing/mechanics look to be so much better than in Naval Action.. (sheds tears for what could have been with all that Early Access money).

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Looks epic! it's an absolute shame the land models and landing/mechanics look to be so much better than in Naval Action.. (sheds tears for what could have been with all that Early Access money).

Agreed.  NA2....?   lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Powderhorn said:

I like how you're leveraging experience & knowledge from UG and NA for this title.  Really excited to see where it goes!

More info, please! Single player? Multiplayer? MMO? Vague idea of release date or even alpha access? 

Based on the art alone, I would buy it....and play it....a LOT!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Preechur Blackheart said:

Single player? Multiplayer? MMO? 

It'll be a 'single player strategy game on land and sea operations in the age of sail'.

For the rest, let's wait and see... 🙂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To avoid any misunderstanding. It is next game in Ultimate General series. Ultimate General will get new 3D engine, naval battles and landing operations. 

Ultimate Admiral: Age of Sail is a tactical wargame immersing players into naval service in time of the American Revolutionary War, French Revolutionary and Napoleonic wars.

Player can make career in British Royal Navy or become a father of Continental Navy. He will pass through multiple naval and landing battles, form and grow his fleet and achieve high rank and respect.

 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This all looks very exciting, thank you for sharing the screenshots. It looks like it will be quite different and out there, I can't wait to play it. I hope I can get involved in the project somehow 🤞

I will be eagerly watching the rest of the development cycle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

6 hours ago, sterner said:

To avoid any misunderstanding. It is next game in Ultimate General series. Ultimate General will get new 3D engine, naval battles and landing operations. 

Ultimate Admiral: Age of Sail is a tactical wargame immersing players into naval service in time of the American Revolutionary War, French Revolutionary and Napoleonic wars.

 Player can make career in British Royal Navy or become a father of Continental Navy. He will pass through multiple naval and landing battles, form and grow his fleet and achieve high rank and respect.

An Age of Sail game about the American Revolutionary War, the French Revolution and the Napoleonic wars without France being playable, without being able to make a career in the French Navy ?

Edited by LeBoiteux

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And so the greatest leaders of the navy and the army are brought together in this glorious game!  I daresay these sea slugs are gonna need a few pointers once they figure out ships can't do the job of a proper army. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, sterner said:

Hello Admirals and Generals!

We would like to share with you few screenshots from upcoming new game - Ultimate Admiral: Age of Sail.

They are WIP(work in progress), but they help us to introduce you what the game will be.

Looks really great. Is there any chance some mechanics of this could be implemented in Naval Action for RvR / Conquest in the distant future? The troop landings to attack port cities would be very awesome. Anyways UA:AoS will be a excellent game, no doubt. Sadly I have never had much interest in single-player games... however it looks so good, I will still give it a try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×