Game-Labs Forum

Work in progress - UItimate Admiral: Age of Sail

sterner

Смотрится очень интересно, задумка впечатляет. Из увиденного, колебание между масштабами объектов. Высота парусных кораблей с окружением, деревья на берегу и корабли возле берега, высота бортов  парусного корабля и высота деревьев. 

It looks very interesting, the idea is impressive. From what he saw, the oscillation between the scales of objects. The height of the sailing ships with the environment, the trees on the shore and the ships near the shore, the height of the sides of the sailing ship and the height of the trees.

10 hours ago, Supervark said:

Will Spanish,Dutch and Russians be playable? Barbary states as well?

from what i see, you can chose to play US or UK. Don't quote me on this though, just what i gathered from the website

On 12/18/2018 at 3:05 PM, sterner said:

To avoid any misunderstanding. It is next game in Ultimate General series. Ultimate General will get new 3D engine, naval battles and landing operations. 

Ultimate Admiral: Age of Sail is a tactical wargame immersing players into naval service in time of the American Revolutionary War, French Revolutionary and Napoleonic wars.

Player can make career in British Royal Navy or become a father of Continental Navy. He will pass through multiple naval and landing battles, form and grow his fleet and achieve high rank and respect.

What's the strategic level? Or is this just linked battles like UGCW?

Will there be Unit Card Representation to the units on the field. Edit: I rewatched the video turns out I was wrong, the marines has a distinct look to them. Which is neat. 

My Question now shifts, how fair will the different looking units go? Highlanders with kilts perhaps? it'll be interesting to 

Edited by michaelsmithern

Regarding recruiting thread:

We need limited number of testers for internal testing. We have a group of testers from UG games who did great job and helped us a lot with testing of UGCW, UGG and UGG ios. A month ago we invited more people to test Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts.  We must invite those people first. Many of them showed interest to test the game. If more testers are required, then we will make recruiting thread.

How to get the game:

We are going to update web site soon and tell about options how to get the game early. Briefly, there will be few pre-order packs. Few of them will include access to a build of the game. There is a roadmap of features. We work hard to stabilize them. When a feature is stable then it is added into the build and owners of pre-order packs can try the feature.

1stage.jpg

• Like 14

15 hours ago, sterner said:

Regarding recruiting thread:

We need limited number of testers for internal testing. We have a group of testers from UG games who did great job and helped us a lot with testing of UGCW, UGG and UGG ios. A month ago we invited more people to test Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts.  We must invite those people first. Many of them showed interest to test the game. If more testers are required, then we will make recruiting thread.

How to get the game:

We are going to update web site soon and tell about options how to get the game early. Briefly, there will be few pre-order packs. Few of them will include access to a build of the game. There is a roadmap of features. We work hard to stabilize them. When a feature is stable then it is added into the build and owners of pre-order packs can try the feature.

1stage.jpg

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :)

• 2 weeks later...

Any info on the starting factions? I haven't been up-to-date with the patches. And do you ever plan on making a multiplayer version of this? Similar to Empire Total war, like you create a server/round to play with your friends and you can control your own nation while they control theirs? Will this involve politics or any type of management or will it be strictly naval?

15 hours ago, Portuguese Privateer said:

Any info on the starting factions? I haven't been up-to-date with the patches. And do you ever plan on making a multiplayer version of this? Similar to Empire Total war, like you create a server/round to play with your friends and you can control your own nation while they control theirs? Will this involve politics or any type of management or will it be strictly naval?

If you go to the web site it shows the player can choose either the RN or the USN. 

Edited by DeRuyter

34 minutes ago, DeRuyter said:

If you go to the web site it shows the player can choose either the RN or the USN. 

While I personally have no desire to play as either, I would hope that at some point the French and/or Spanish and/or Dutch get included as they were also major naval players at the time.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Lord Robert Calder said:

While I personally have no desire to play as either, I would hope that at some point the French and/or Spanish and/or Dutch get included as they were also major naval players at the time.

While I kind of agree that it would be pretty awesome to have more versatility the Dutch are long past their peak by the game's settings of what appears to be around the 1760s-1805. While its not really the direction the game will take it would be absolutely awesome to have a playable grand campaign where you can pick out from Britain, France, Spain etc. It would likely make for a much more complex project though so I'd much rather have a more focussed highly polished project that I'm anticipating this to be over a more open game that wildly flaps in the wind.

Imagine a game playing as a European power projecting your naval supremacy across the world though

On 4/8/2019 at 10:22 PM, Fluffy Fishy said:

While I kind of agree that it would be pretty awesome to have more versatility the Dutch are long past their peak by the game's settings of what appears to be around the 1760s-1805. While its not really the direction the game will take it would be absolutely awesome to have a playable grand campaign where you can pick out from Britain, France, Spain etc. It would likely make for a much more complex project though so I'd much rather have a more focussed highly polished project that I'm anticipating this to be over a more open game that wildly flaps in the wind.

Simply following the current direction of the game and about the same timeframe, there are several interesting Spanish and French Admirals the players could embody and interesting campaigns they could play from a Spanish or French point of view. For example, during the American Revolutionary War, one could play as French Admiral de Grasse and command US/FR/SP troops and fleets on land and sea.

Not to mention Admiral Suffren and the Anglo-French wars.

And I guess the time frame could be expanded to earlier times and include other wars, nations and all the great Admirals (Ruyter and Dutch...).

Really hoping this option will be considered by GL if the game is a success. 🙂

Edited by LeBoiteux
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DeRuyter said:

@Fluffy Fishy

@LeBoiteux

Your ideas would make perfect DLC if the base game is going to be just RN&USN. I like the idea of taking command of the French navy in the AWI. Even the Venetians could get in on the action with a campaign in the Adriatic and Med (Lissa 1811, etc.). 

If you wanted to do a Venetian DLC you'd have to focus on the career of Angelo Emo, who spent most of his career as a pirate hunter but was the last great admiral of Venice fighting in the Venetian Berber war from 1784 until his death in 1792 after which peace was reestablished. The last Venetian admiral who was Emo's second in command was Tomasso Condulmer who retired from service following the treaty of Leoben, briefly acted as a commander in the resistance to French and Austrian rule but soon gave up as it caused too much misery for the people in the recently annexed lands. Emo isn't really as interesting as a history as Nelson or JPJ, especially as Emo is partly made as significant as he was due to his various reforms and his appointment to Capitano Straordinario delle Navi and then even as Procuratore de Ultra before the senate started to worry about the French Revolution and started to favour Tomasso Condulmer due to Emo's aggressive attitude towards piracy and his costly campaigns in Northern Africa.

More realistically I'd prefer to see DLC focussed on the 7 years war or War of Spanish Succession, Especially the 7 years war and its world spanning actions.

• Like 1