Thanks to your support, we were able to add ground battles to the Ultimate Admiral: Age of Sail.
The game now contains ten battles introducing naval, landing and land missions of the future game, which makes it more than six hours of gameplay.
The build offers two new land battles. You can play the mission “Snakes and Powder” in raining jungles and the Battle of Bunker Hill.
The mission “Snakes and Powder” is a typical land mission in the campaign. Your troops are tasked to collect resources that are required to supply your fleet. You have not received any news for the past three days. There is a reported activity of the Spanish army in the area. Your goal is to investigate what happened with your people and reacquire supplies.
The Battle of Bunker Hill is a battle from the USA campaign. On June 16, 1775, the British attempted to break the American defensive line by attacking the militia's fortified positions at a hill. The defeat of the British in this assault demonstrated the inability of the British to break the American siege. Though neither side could gain ground in land battle, time favored the British. Thanks to the Royal Navy and its command of the sea, the British army could be supplied and reinforced at will. The Americans, on the other hand, soon found themselves without food or ammunition necessary to hold their positions.
Six months after the battle, Washington's Navy consisted of eleven vessels captured about fifty-five prizes and provided much-needed supplies to the troops.
New naval battle "Fireworks" is added and introduces fireship's mechanic. You can reassemble an old or outdated ship transforming it into a "torpedo". The crew can ignite the fireship and direct it toward the target though it is necessary to predict the course and time of the impact. Otherwise, the target will dodge, or the fireship will explode without reaching the target.
Patch notes v0.4.5 rev.31133 BB3:
· Multiple fixes in AI and unit behavior. There are still several issues, and we will continue to fix them.
· We improved controls and fixed problems with unit navigation with even more fixes to follow in the future.
· Graphics improvements were made for the new and old battles, and additional graphics settings are added. We are going to bring more graphical elements into the game in the future.
· We started performance optimization, but the main work will be done when backer build three is released and stable.
· Rebalance of melee, arty, and firearms damage.
· Fixes and improvements to the LOS system.
· Altitude increases the spotting range.
· We have fixed terrain tooltip.
· Made improvements and fixes to the animation system.
· Experimental background music.
· Fixed missing land for low-end graphics cards. Upcoming performance optimization will decrease the minimum system requirements.
· Massive changes in ship crew that is required for marine corps in the campaign. It can affect boarding, crew transfer, and landing.
· The surrendered unit will lose its flag and cannot occupy guns, supplies, nor fortifications.
· Column formation is fixed.
· We have fixed the issue when the recaptured unit had only captured animations.
· Fireship mechanics are introduced.
· Tweaked units for balancing.
· We have implemented proper formation for British troops in the year 1775.