Game-Labs Forum

Patch 29 Feedback topic. Sextant, ui improvements and localization preparation.

The mission chest loot has changed apparently...some new upgrades I haven't seen before also (no new upgrades).  The UI looks great...so much smoother and faster.  I notice better frame rate and overall smoother appearance in OW as well.  Here's the loot table for mission chest 1 before and after:

MissionChest1-before.pdf

MissionChest1-after.pdf

Edited by SS Minnow
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, SS Minnow said:

The mission chest loot has changed apparently...some new upgrades I haven't seen before also.  The UI looks great...so much smoother and faster.  I notice better frame rate and overall smoother appearance in OW as well.  Here's the loot table for mission chest 1 before and after:

MissionChest1-before.pdf

MissionChest1-after.pdf

I see lots of boarding mods, very nice ! Make that rage boarders greater ...

Navigation would still be possible if we could see our ship's co-ordinates ( as numbers) and remove the GPS dot from the map.  Sailing is more fun with some things to do.  Interpreting the co-ordinates and locating the position on the map is something to do while sailing.  Provides the illusion that we are navigating.  Seeing a GPS dot, or circle, on the map is different from interpreting co-ords.

The argument that the co-ords (as numbers) promotes ganking was a rationale for removing the grid from the ingame map and the eventual removal of F11.  But a map with a grid is still available as a JPG, or a third party app, and now our position is now marked as the GPS dot on the ingame map.  There is nothing to stop the ganking promotion because ganker can use F11, the GPS dot and a 3rd party map to coordinate and communicate their positions.  Removing F11 will have no impact on ganking now.

Likewise, there was a suggestion that the removal of the map grid and F11 would force players to sail near shore and ports and thereby increase PvP opportunities: the GPS dot now allows for instant positioning far out at sea.

I'm not asking for special coding or scripting.   But please leave the F11.   It can be the sextant for those of us who like to navigate.   There is no reason to remove the F11 co-ords anymore.  You could even require perks to access F11 so those of us that can see F11 co-ords don't have an advantage.

Or if F11 must go, please allow us an option to turn off the GPS dot.  That way we can use our navigation skills and refer to the dot as an occasional position check.  Currently the dot is persistent and is difficult to ignore.  If we could switch the dot on, and off, then we could pretend that it is a fix provided by sightings from time to time.

I'm just hoping for options to keep sailing fun and increase interest.

Edited by Macjimm

5 hours ago, Released Privateer said:

Loot from Sealed Bottles might be even worse now or still sucks in general.

just tested three bottles. Two of em were ok with teak, carta, grietje and carpenters. The third one was 5 greenhearts and 3 jutland amber, that must be the shittiest wreck I've ever looted. 

Did the patch reset trade goods stock in ports? Because two days ago I scouted 2300+ of a trade goods in one port, and when I got there now with a trader to buy some of it, there was nothing in the store. And I don't mean just none of that trade goods, but nothing at all. There's no trade goods or resources there at all. And I know nobody bought it all since my visit. First of all because that's about 14 trips with 4 Indiaman. Second of all because that port taxed less than 2000 reals total in the last two days.

Actually, while I was writing this, 5 Arabian Coffee spawned in the port.

2 hours ago, Anolytic said:

Did the patch reset trade goods stock in ports? Because two days ago I scouted 2300+ of a trade goods in one port, and when I got there now with a trader to buy some of it, there was nothing in the store. And I don't mean just none of that trade goods, but nothing at all. There's no trade goods or resources there at all. And I know nobody bought it all since my visit. First of all because that's about 14 trips with 4 Indiaman. Second of all because that port taxed less than 2000 reals total in the last two days.

Actually, while I was writing this, 5 Arabian Coffee spawned in the port.

Yesterday Aves had “zero” goods in shops, except by the contracts placed by players 

7 hours ago, Macjimm said:

Navigation would still be possible if we could see our ship's co-ordinates ( as numbers) and remove the GPS dot from the map.  Sailing is more fun with some things to do.  Interpreting the co-ordinates and locating the position on the map is something to do while sailing.  Provides the illusion that we are navigating.  Seeing a GPS dot, or circle, on the map is different from interpreting co-ords.

The argument that the co-ords (as numbers) promotes ganking was a rationale for removing the grid from the ingame map and the eventual removal of F11.  But a map with a grid is still available as a JPG, or a third party app, and now our position is now marked as the GPS dot on the ingame map.  There is nothing to stop the ganking promotion because ganker can use F11, the GPS dot and a 3rd party map to coordinate and communicate their positions.  Removing F11 will have no impact on ganking now.

Likewise, there was a suggestion that the removal of the map grid and F11 would force players to sail near shore and ports and thereby increase PvP opportunities: the GPS dot now allows for instant positioning far out at sea.

I'm not asking for special coding or scripting.   But please leave the F11.   It can be the sextant for those of us who like to navigate.   There is no reason to remove the F11 co-ords anymore.  You could even require perks to access F11 so those of us that can see F11 co-ords don't have an advantage.

Or if F11 must go, please allow us an option to turn off the GPS dot.  That way we can use our navigation skills and refer to the dot as an occasional position check.  Currently the dot is persistent and is difficult to ignore.  If we could switch the dot on, and off, then we could pretend that it is a fix provided by sightings from time to time.

I'm just hoping for options to keep sailing fun and increase interest.

Some folks want simple so keep the GPS a perk, but every one should have the optoin of Map with cords and grids on it.   That way we can look at the map and plan things out our self or figure where we are.  If you suck at reading long/lat than you will still get lost as it's based off human error and skill and not just magically given to you the location on the map like the perk does.  

Most the time if it was a gank we just say it's out side this port or NW of it or something, you rarely hear folks use cords any more unless we are setting up on top of some one to gank them when they get out of a battle.  the way to fix this is not give accurate Long/Lat so your in a general area not exact cords.  F11 gives to accurate details of location and that is how you fix that is not give the exact location, but a general location of the area your in and than folks still have to look at the map, do a cross referance of the Long and Lat and hope they are in the right area off that.   

Keep the GPS dot as a perk for those that want it, just means they are less one perk out of 5 that could go towards combat perks.  You now it will be mostly traders, new players and casuals using it as it takes up combat perks slots.  It's like when you see the guy with 4 ships, you know he has no other slots and prob going to suck at combat as half the time they never put cannons on the trade ships either.  That's his fault for taking those perks.  

4 hours ago, Released Privateer said:

Mine was 12 French Sail Cloth and 6 Nassau Quartermasters...

Had one that was the book for stay sails, a few of the ones to make french gunnery and one other mats.   It was a bottle i had open for weeks now and havne't went to get cause it was out of the way.

On 12/18/2018 at 1:12 PM, Released Privateer said:

I know what we had before. It was supposed to be improved/better/higher value etc. but simply it just contains some new items, not really of high value (based on 1 bottle loot only doe). Not sure if RNG much, need to wait for

Found a bottle today... it had 700 WO logs and 5 "Jutland Amber". Barely worth picking up, it sure wouldn't have been with any other worthless wood type except maybe teak. Doesn't seem like more value indeed.

About La Renommée, Cerberus and the Surprise in shallows., Admin wrote :

On 12/17/2018 at 5:13 PM, admin said:

Currently we need to (...) letting them into shallows (as lineships of the bahamas) will make them popular and used again.

It is exactly the current feeling I have when I now fight 7/6th-Rates in a Renommée (I did not before) : being in a lineship, ie heavy in terms of weight and armament.

A new feeling for me while sailing her. Till now, I had the feeling of sailing a light ship when fighting against bigger frigates (such as La Belle Poule...).

But it is maybe a truer, more historical feeling. La Renommée was not a light frigate when she was built in 1744, carrying 8-pdr / 30 guns. Back then, French light frigates carried 6-pdr. For example, light frigate La Panthère (1745) only had 20 x 6-pdr. As to 12-pdr frigates, they would become the norm only later in the French Navy. So La Renommée could have been considered as kind of a 'heavy' frigate at her time.

And letting La Renommée in shallows fighting smaller and more agile preys gives her that very feeling of a 'heavy' frigate. 

Nice move IMHO.

PS : however, knowing nothing about British ships, I can't tell anything about the two others : HMS Cerberus or HMS Surprise

• HMS Cerberus is also an early frigate (1758)
  • HMS Surprise is a later ship (1794), kind of a 'freak' : a French heavy corvette, even more armed by the British after her capture. 🙂
Edited by LeBoiteux

4 hours ago, admin said:

Sextant is a very widely used perk now. players love sextant. 

• Sextant as GPS dot is staying.
  • F11 will be removed.
  • Sextant as Less Precise grid numbers will not be added. (At least not until other priorities are addressed)

Could we please add the option to toggle the GPS dot, on/off, while sailing in OW.  This would allow players to navigate without having a GPS dot showing all of the time, but it could be accessed when needed.  Currently we can access F11 when we chose.  The grid numbers are not continuously displayed.  Players may want the Sextant perk as a back-up, for use only in specific conditions.  Hopefully toggling the GPS dot would be similar to toggling fishing, and it can be coded easily.

@admin

Edited by Macjimm

On 12/25/2018 at 6:26 PM, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

image.thumb.png.ca0affc9021f3ad53259301101b5394b.png

Can we improve the Admiralty by "greying out" the Books / Blueprints / whatever items one already has ?

So the list would show all but the ones one already possess to be with a mark or different colour.

And if a book is in clan warehouse show the 'You already learned this book' Please

• Like 1

On 12/18/2018 at 3:12 PM, Released Privateer said:

I know what we had before. It was supposed to be improved/better/higher value etc. but simply it just contains some new items, not really of high value (based on 1 bottle loot only doe). Not sure if RNG much, need to wait for @qw569

I needed time to catch more bottles.

Result of 6 bottles

image.thumb.png.6dcfe2a621d42db537aec385ff0563ed.png

From this data and previous I found suitable loot tables from the API.

Id Name Chance Stack.Min Stack.Max  
602 PortBattleLootTableCrnotes 0.5 1 1 A Treatise on Square Sails Trim
602 PortBattleLootTableCrnotes 0.5 1 1 A Treatise on Rigging Handling
602 PortBattleLootTableCrnotes 0.5 1 1 Service Historique de la Marine
602 PortBattleLootTableCrnotes 0.5 1 1 A Treatise on Staysails Trim
602 PortBattleLootTableCrnotes 0.5 1 1 Instructions aux Canonniers
602 PortBattleLootTableCrnotes 0.5 1 1 The old Flag Officer
602 PortBattleLootTableCrnotes 0.5 1 1 Expert Carpentry Handbook
602 PortBattleLootTableCrnotes 0.5 1 1 The Complete Fencing Master
602 PortBattleLootTableCrnotes 0.5 1 1 Treatise on Making Saltpeter
603 PortBattleLootTableModules 0.03 1 1 Means of Directing the Fire
603 PortBattleLootTableModules 0.03 1 1 L'Horizon Balistique
603 PortBattleLootTableModules 0.03 1 1 Sur le Canonnage a Bord
603 PortBattleLootTableModules 0.03 1 1 Table of Parts of Ships of War
603 PortBattleLootTableModules 0.03 1 1 Art of Steering by Rudder
603 PortBattleLootTableModules 0.03 1 1 Art of Cargo Distribution
603 PortBattleLootTableModules 0.03 1 1 The Water Book
603 PortBattleLootTableModules 0.03 1 1 The Fire Book
603 PortBattleLootTableModules 0.03 1 1 The Wind Book
603 PortBattleLootTableModules 0.03 1 1 The Ground Book
603 PortBattleLootTableModules 0.03 1 1 The Book of the Void
604 PortBattleLootTableCrnotes 1 5 25 French Sail Cloth
604 PortBattleLootTableCrnotes 1 500 1500 White Oak Log
604 PortBattleLootTableCrnotes 1 5 25 Greenheart Logs
604 PortBattleLootTableCrnotes 1 5 25 Swedish Carpenter
604 PortBattleLootTableCrnotes 1 5 25 Barbary Coast Canvas
604 PortBattleLootTableCrnotes 1 500 1500 Live Oak Log
604 PortBattleLootTableCrnotes 1 500 1500 Bermuda Cedar
604 PortBattleLootTableCrnotes 1 500 1500 Teak Log
669 PortBattleLootTableCrnotes 0.5 3 8 Gold Coast Ivory
669 PortBattleLootTableCrnotes 0.5 3 8 Sevres Stained Glass
669 PortBattleLootTableCrnotes 0.5 5 25 Diplome de L'ecole D'artillerie
669 PortBattleLootTableCrnotes 0.5 3 8 Spanish Gold Coins
669 PortBattleLootTableCrnotes 0.5 3 8 French Gold Livres
669 PortBattleLootTableCrnotes 0.5 3 8 Sevilla Muskets
669 PortBattleLootTableCrnotes 0.5 3 8 Stolen Goods
669 PortBattleLootTableCrnotes 0.5 3 8 Madagascar Jewels
669 PortBattleLootTableCrnotes 0.5 5 25 Cartagena Tar
669 PortBattleLootTableCrnotes 0.5 100 500 Copper Ingots
669 PortBattleLootTableCrnotes 0.5 1 7 Labor Contracts
744 PortBattleLootTableCrnotes 1 5 25 Grietje van Dijk
744 PortBattleLootTableCrnotes 1 5 25 Spanish Square Sails
744 PortBattleLootTableCrnotes 1 5 25 Crooked Cedar
744 PortBattleLootTableCrnotes 1 5 25 Nassau Quartermaster
744 PortBattleLootTableCrnotes 1 5 25 Guacata Saltpeter
744 PortBattleLootTableCrnotes 1 5 25 British Running Rigging
744 PortBattleLootTableCrnotes 1 5 25 Royal Naval College Graduate
744 PortBattleLootTableCrnotes 1 3 8 Jutland Amber

Edited by qw569
  • Like 2

i also want a grid map, i like the sixstand perk.

what i dont like is the new trade update, trade goods have been reduced dramaticly, what is really not a good thing for game economy.

and i also want to advocate to keep in the future a trader tool available, maybe take out the distance markers but to be honnest them being in game aswel is not really a bad thing ither (the distance markers). but the trader tool itselve, u should keep it definitvly in game !

Edited by Acid burn