Game-Labs Forum

Little things you'd like to see

Someone probably has Already mentioned it. But Increase the doubloons stash limit. with current price's it's really annoying jumping 10 times between ports to move 10k dubs at a time.

or like in my case i build an academy and now im blody stuck in the damn port. <-- Really annoing

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Dump crafting and economy altogether, focus on pvp on pvp server, far to much grinding to get into game as a new player, Economy should be as result of team actions . not grinding by solo players.

Use same game model like  IL-2 Great Battles. I have no problem investing in a game that's good (I have spend hundreds and countless hours on good games that I keep coming back to play and replay).

No one likes to have to grind like in a free to pay game.

Make economy about territory conquest by nations, more team focused as in the port battles is great as should be main focus and expanded upon (this is they way to go, group combat is far more fun). Mindless sailing is plain boring and not fun, and you have to do this to be able to afford anything or replace anything lost. Current economy is very tedious to build. This aspect of the game is not fun and will put off new players.

For example resupply ports could be a great use of pvp and group combat.... (this type of thing is what game badly needs, just an idea for economy focused around combat)

Sort out the documentation , is very poor and very dated, far to much "how does this work, what does this mean"? too hard to work out stuff currently.Don't make a game that's hard to get into, big no no for any game. Game has a lot of depth that is buried and confusing to work out.

Lot of great potential in this game that's not done.

Community is good, combat is good (when you are not ganked all the time)

Try and think or perspective of someone who has never played this game, what do they need... will they enjoy lots of tedious sailing..., how easy is it to get going and find information on how to play (current, and not painful to hunt down that's outdated and virtually nothing from developer.)

This game is not going to keep people playing , just a small number of hard cores , game needs more players, If I'm wrong numbers of players would be much higher.

Selling DLC on an unpolished game is not a good idea, especially when some of it should be part of game.

Aspects of this game are really good,  just are not  enough (to outweigh the tedious sailing , required to build your economy to keep me and other new players interested.

I'll come back in 6 month and look again. With current model this game will die  a slow death.

Edited by Stix_09

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2019 at 6:17 PM, Stix_09 said:

Dump crafting and economy altogether, focus on pvp on pvp server, far to much grinding to get into game as a new player, Economy should be as result of team actions . not grinding by solo players.

Use same game model like  IL-2 Great Battles. I have no problem investing in a game that's good (I have spend hundreds and countless hours on good games that I keep coming back to play and replay).

No one likes to have to grind like in a free to pay game.

Make economy about territory conquest by nations, more team focused as in the port battles is great as should be main focus and expanded upon (this is they way to go, group combat is far more fun). Mindless sailing is plain boring and not fun, and you have to do this to be able to afford anything or replace anything lost. Current economy is very tedious to build. This aspect of the game is not fun and will put off new players.

For example resupply ports could be a great use of pvp and group combat.... (this type of thing is what game badly needs, just an idea for economy focused around combat)

Sort out the documentation , is very poor and very dated, far to much "how does this work, what does this mean"? too hard to work out stuff currently.Don't make a game that's hard to get into, big no no for any game. Game has a lot of depth that is buried and confusing to work out.

Lot of great potential in this game that's not done.

Community is good, combat is good (when you are not ganked all the time)

Try and think or perspective of someone who has never played this game, what do they need... will they enjoy lots of tedious sailing..., how easy is it to get going and find information on how to play (current, and not painful to hunt down that's outdated and virtually nothing from developer.)

This game is not going to keep people playing , just a small number of hard cores , game needs more players, If I'm wrong numbers of players would be much higher.

Selling DLC on an unpolished game is not a good idea, especially when some of it should be part of game.

Aspects of this game are really good,  just are not  enough (to outweigh the tedious sailing , required to build your economy to keep me and other new players interested.

I'll come back in 6 month and look again. With current model this game will die  a slow death.

Fair points I think, but a lot of it is fixable which is good. However crafting and economy is an important part of the game that needs to be in or else what is the point of PBs. I agree these should be clan-focused or at least slight higher level player things to do, as it does require a lot of commitment, and newer players should be coddled a bit more. The first like...10 hours of game play you should never have to sail in the OW for more than 30 min and you should be informed of the progress you are making  (rewards for ranking up). I also hope they bring back the fleet combat missions where it was you and a large group of AI vs another large group of AI. It was an early and awesome taste of what is achievable in the game eventually (and provides ample opportunity to rank up quickly).

A roadmap. And before I get corrected by Admin (as he did last time by pointing out that "lol look there is a roadmap open your eyes") I do not mean a "first half of 2019" post, but rather a real roadmap, a long term roadmap, the real thing, with milestones and stuff.

Don't know bout the others, but I was expecting the "S2 2019" beginning of June. We're mid July and there's still no sign of activity. I would have been fine even with a post saying something along the lines of "hey guys now that the game has hit release and that there's no major issues preventing you to play we're gonna take a 2 months break to enjoy seksi summer time and will be back in august with more news". Instead, we got silence.

• Like 2

Maybe already mentioned but, make the battle instance more alive. 

Pleas Add;

- some static things on the deck

- some officers, marines and sailors on the deck. Static or animated doesn’t matter but something?

it looks really empty on the top deck’s

- give the guns recoil, and let them be runned out when reloaded. And ditch the enemy’s reloading and reloaded guns UI 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! Pretty new on forums!

One thing i would like to sea is that enemy players in PvE server is removed and we can see their name, message/ trade/ invite to group like they are part of our nation. It's a peaceful server so calling them enemy players may kinda ruin the experience xD

• 2 weeks later...

When it comes to games like Naval Action, I believe the little details are important. Whilst I love seeing sailors walk around the decks of the ships and operate the cannons, I want to see a bit more of a variety in uniform and duty. Perhaps a Captain manning the wheel. 

- Recoil to cannons when fired.

- Greater amount of men on the top decks to bring more life to the game and battles.

Edited by George Burton
  • Like 1

- Nerf the Wasa. Raise its BR and reduce it's thickness and speed. It's basically the perfect ship right now and there's a reason why some will fill entire port battles with just that ship.

- Bring the Connie and United States back to 4th rates. They are very outclassed by the other 3rd rates and they don't belong there at all.

- Buff ships that have no good use in the game right now such as the Rattlesnake Heavy, the Cerberus, and the 3rd rate.

- Increase the size of the capital zone for ports that have land covering up most of it. The one around Gustavia is nearly useless.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Latron said:

- Nerf the Wasa. Raise its BR and reduce it's thickness and speed. It's basically the perfect ship right now and there's a reason why some will fill entire port battles with just that ship.

- Bring the Connie and United States back to 4th rates. They are very outclassed by the other 3rd rates and they don't belong there at all.

- Buff ships that have no good use in the game right now such as the Rattlesnake Heavy, the Cerberus, and the 3rd rate.

- Increase the size of the capital zone for ports that have land covering up most of it. The one around Gustavia is nearly useless.

Unbenannt.thumb.JPG.3d0c55a8a7831604d98b03d528814683.JPG

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Abram Svensson said:

Unbenannt.thumb.JPG.3d0c55a8a7831604d98b03d528814683.JPG

lets not blind ourselves - Wasa needs an adjustment. I'm not saying a drastic change.

slight change in BR. probably 450.

Increase doubloon cost to 3,000.

Reduce doubloon cost of 4th rates by 50%.

the Wasa destroys any reason to sail a 4th rate.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Being able to salvage cannons from ships/change cannons at sea from hold. Moving cannons around at sea seems like something that could be done. Instances this would help:

- PvP zone stealing someone's carros and ditching meds

- AI farming, see a Enemy Player, and having the ability to change from full carro-loadout to longs to engage a player effectively.

Ability to stop reloading specific decks (like we already can do with broadsides using F5) to enable better crew management. Also, an option to powder-load cannons only, keeping them at half-full reload cycle until a type of projectile is chosen. I know you can sort of do this now with proper timing,  but having the ability to just have cannon crews reload to the half-way mark and then choose the type of round would be nice.

On 8/9/2019 at 9:27 PM, Teutonic said:

lets not blind ourselves - Wasa needs an adjustment. I'm not saying a drastic change.

slight change in BR. probably 450.

Increase doubloon cost to 3,000.

Reduce doubloon cost of 4th rates by 50%.

the Wasa destroys any reason to sail a 4th rate.

I'd say you are absolutely correct but am going to suggest an alternative. Just make the USS United States and USS Constitution 4th rates again. Also, if it has to be a 3rd rate the Connie needs a buff. Being tankier than USSUS isn't enough and the Wasa is still superior in nearly every way, when Wasa doesn't require a permit. I suggest increasing the gun-sizes on one of the decks (68lb carros over 42s should do the trick)

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Aquillas said:

Remove permits for all ships below and including 4th rates. 

Add systematic permits, but not linked to any form of rng system,  for all ships above and including 3rd rates. 

What are your reasons? Actually i like the permit system ... its a good way to reduce some ship types and give more diversity ... prelaunch it feels everyone was sailing endy or bellona ...

Who would sail a 3rd rate instead of a bellona If Not for permit?

Edited by Gilles de Rais

1 minute ago, Gilles de Rais said:

What are your reasons? Actually i like the permit system ... its a good way to reduce some ship types and give more diversity ... prelaunch it feels everyone was sailing endy or bellona ...

Who would sail a 3rd rate instead of a bellona If Not for permit?

My reason is simple. Only Wasas, Trincomalees and DLC ships can be seen in OW. Along with Surprises in shallow water area.

Remove permits to allow diversity. Maybe rebalance of some ships will be necessary too.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Gilles de Rais said:

Can we ad a choose-wood Option to the elite-ship-notes ? With random wood they are just trash ... nobody wants these trash wood ships since crafters sell good ships ...

Yeah, i hoped people would justuse it for PZ ... but they dont ....

Trash wood! In my eyes there is no such thing. Still doing only fir and oak I have a lot of fun and get my occasional kills. Of course there´s only a little if no chance against a super pimped enemy of equal size. But well... my ships are cheap and easily replaced. Fun!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Aquillas said:

My reason is simple. Only Wasas, Trincomalees and DLC ships can be seen in OW. Along with Surprises in shallow water area.

Remove permits to allow diversity. Maybe rebalance of some ships will be necessary too.

Agas, wapens, ingers, Essex, Cerberus are seldom too ... without permit craftable. Permit is balancing too ... balancing by price ... Same thing i decide If to put copper in my ship or Gazelle ... Question of money

Edited by Gilles de Rais