Game-Labs Forum

monk33y

Serious comment:

If there is a Spanish [VOX] clan, NA is waiting for new clans like

[RN] French clan, [AfD] Prussian clan or [BNP] British clan ??

A shame some players feel like involving real life political subversive banners...

Please VOX players, be neutral and exclude politic in NA, your clan name is disturbing.

Would a [KKK] clan name be a good idea ? nope, 

real life neutrality in NA is the best way to go (apart from Nation patriotism) .

cheers

Frog

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Celtiberofrog said:

Serious comment:

If there is a Spanish [VOX] clan, NA is waiting for new clans like

[RN] French clan, [AfD] Prussian clan or [BNP] British clan ??

A shame some players feel like involving real life political subversive banners...

Please VOX players, be neutral and exclude politic in NA, your clan name is disturbing.

Would a [KKK] clan name be a good idea ? nope, 

real life neutrality in NA is the best way to go (apart from Nation patriotism) .

cheers

Frog

Maybe this should be moved to another forum @Hethwill? Not much to do with great battle results. 

To clarify. I think this topic is worth a good discussion. Got a feeling it might need some moderation though. 

Edited by van Veen
  • Like 1

I would still consider muse to be a noobie.

I must admit I am surprised at the real hostility being shown in this “game” by Sweden. Perhaps others too which I have not yet seen.

I do not pretend to know all of the facts.

I play for enjoyment. I tag other players. I get tagged by them. All part of the PVP server.

Checking the upcoming PB’s, I was surprised to see there was one due to start at 3am. Even though both countries were European.

Surly common sense should not allow this to take place. The attacker I assume has worked out/arranged they can have sufficient players to win.

This in my humble opinion is gamesmanship and should not be allowed by the devs.

PB’s would be better timed for when sides are able to field sufficient players.

Sorry, is this how NA works. Am I being naive.

Regards all.

Edited by contact
Error

3 minutes ago, contact said:

I would still consider muse to be a noobie.

I must admit I am surprised at the real hostility being shown in this “game” by Sweden.

I do not pretend to know all of the facts.

I play for enjoyment. I tag other players. I get tagged by them. All part of the PVP server.

Checking the upcoming PB’s, I was surprised to see there was one due to start at 3am. Even though both countries were European.

Surly common sense should not allow this to take place. The attacker I assume has worked out/arranged they can have sufficient players to win.

This in my humble opinion is gamesmanship and should not be allowed by the devs.

PB’s would be better timed for when sides are able to field sufficient players.

Sorry, is this how NA works. Am I being naive.

Regards all.

Timers for port battles are set by the Defending nation.Either to best represent there best chance of defending or to avoid the best chance for the attackers to attack.You pays your money you gets your ticket.

Not perfect but it's what we have.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tac said:

Timers for port battles are set by the Defending nation.Either to best represent there best chance of defending or to avoid the best chance for the attackers to attack.You pays your money you gets your ticket.

Not perfect but it's what we have.

Thank you for that. Much appreciated.

Maybe I could just mention a little more on the tone used by Nations.

Perhaps it has always been there and I am only now starting to notice.

A couple of examples from my own experiences.

Earlier this year I attacked an NPC trader. During which a player from that nation attacked me. Being in the distance I carried on and sank the trader. Then turned my attention to the player. Seeing it was a higher ranking than my ship and that I had sustained damage. I decided to ease away to carry out repairs. While still firing my stern chasers. The player continued to follow me but my speed was sufficient to keep a distance. Whilst this was happening we were communicating with each other in a friendly manner. As my ship repaired I was deciding on either turning and attacking or to pull away and escape. We continue chatting. Most respectful to each other. I decided I would set full sail and pull away ! The enemy player said you win. You are very fast. Take care my friend. I wished him well.

The other example. Towards the end of January I was attacked by a pirate. It lasted approximately 30 minutes. I was in a higher rate ship. But he was obviously experienced and new his job well. Towards the end I thanked him for the lesson and hope I would soon be able to match his level of sailing in combat. He thanked me and we parted with kind words to each. Yes I was sunk.

So where has this respect gone. Or is it not normally there. Is this me being naive. I seen no reason to become overly hostile. It is a game !

Don’t get me wrong. I do not like losing. But it is a “game”, I play for enjoyment.

Sorry (I do waffle on !). Along with other players I have noticed a large increase in the number of players now on line. I know the debate goes on about the ganking  of new players and not wanting them to leave NA. But I find the real animosity shown by Nation to Nation. Player to player. Could cause players to leave NA too.

Cheers 🍻

Edited by contact
Error
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, contact said:

Thank you for that. Much appreciated.

Maybe I could just mention a little more on the tone used by Nations.

Perhaps it has always been there and I am only now starting to notice.

A couple of examples from my own experiences.

Earlier this year I attacked an NPC trader. During which a player from that nation attacked me. Being in the distance I carried on and sank the trader. Then turned my attention to the player. Seeing it was a higher ranking than my ship and that I had sustained damage. I decided to ease away to carry out repairs. While still firing my stern chasers. The player continued to follow me but my speed was sufficient to keep a distance. Whilst this was happening we were communicating with each other in a friendly manner. As my ship repaired I was deciding on either turning and attacking or to pull away and escape. We continue chatting. Most respectful to each other. I decided I would set full sail and pull away ! The enemy player said you win. You are very fast. Take care my friend. I wished him well.

The other example. Towards the end of January I was attacked by a pirate. It lasted approximately 30 minutes. I was in a higher rate ship. But he was obviously experienced and new his job well. Towards the end I thanked him for the lesson and hope I would soon be able to match his level of sailing in combat. He thanked me and we parted with kind words to each. Yes I was sunk.

So where has this respect gone. Or is it not normally there. Is this me being naive. I seen no reason to become overly hostile. It is a game !

Don’t get me wrong. I do not like losing. But it is a “game”, I play for enjoyment.

Sorry (I do waffle on !). Along with other players I have noticed a large increase in the number of players now on line. I know the debate goes on about the ganking  of new players and not wanting them to leave NA. But I find the real animosity shown by Nation to Nation. Player to player. Could cause players to leave NA too.

Cheers 🍻

In most of my pvp battles the chat stays silent, but if the enemy does speak it's usually to say some very rude words. For me it's rare to fight an enemy that's as kind as the ones you encountered, and I've been in countless pvp fights.

It all depends on the individual. Every nation has kind and rude players and I don't think we can label any nation as a whole for being toxic when it's always just a handful of people blowing it all out of proportion. Even Sweden, for as evil as they may have appeared lately, is full of kind people who I almost never see become toxic in chat. There can often be a little friendly banter but nothing too serious.

Plus many of the people who normally do use rude remarks are some of the more active users here on the forums. So what you see here won't fully represent how things are in the game.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Citoyen said:

danish/prussian screeners front of Scarborough

4E0B7BD65FD2F33AA842D38A56B0ACD6C5686AA7 

yeah thx for the fight, it was a good match, even if I would've like to kill a couple of u :)

I think for the future I'll take a ship that I've grinded slots on, there's a world of difference between no slots and 5 slots..