Game-Labs Forum

monk33y

20 hours ago, Hethwill said:

We are not reenacting.

we! , who is ....we....???

But, I do...reenact..

every person plays his game different... you should have known this by now..0.o (i  duck away)

does this mean we all have to sail oceans ? >> because we are also limited by 20 slots.

we have 62 ships in game now  and 20 slots...... WE can not play the game as YOU or anybody  else  want it to play... it's almost impossible .

1- i find it more troubling that i have to sell ships i do not want to sell

2- 62 ships and still no progression on the need for space (actually we are under pressed by it i can not buy 2 DLC because i do not have the space for it )

3- if you want freedom of choice , not to reenact you must provide room for it.

-WE are reenacting because of the limitations....of dock space.....

Edited by Thonys

6 minutes ago, Karpfanger said:

... there was once a proposal to at least give the DLC ships with a port space...  and would I support that

i know ,but some things stay behind ...

because of valve i think 

i can be solved by  a "workaround "  for buying extra dock space.

but i do not know if there is a limitation on the engine... 

Edited by Thonys

4 minutes ago, Thonys said:

Why?

Because you have to allocate memory in the code, and it can be unwieldy dynamically allocating large amounts of memory, so you generally pre-allocate specific amounts for storing specific information (i.e. allocate 4 bytes to store a 6-digit key that points to 6pdr medium cannons). 

The pieces of information are not large, in and of themselves, but the allocation of resources to support them can be a significant cause of performance degradation if not handled correctly. Therefore, it is far more efficient to assume every entry in the data table requires a maximum amount of space, and then allocate accordingly. If your maximum is open ended (such as every time they add a DLC ship they add a dock slot), then that can lead to other problems down the line.

• Thanks 3

g2nIHql.png

Black River port battle

The Brits rigged a Redoutable as a fireship and set it to blow early on in the battle, but it backfired and only did minor damage to a couple Swedish ships while 3 British ships were practically out of the fight. From there the Swedes just had to finish off what was left of the enemy. It was quick and a honestly too easy, but fireships rarely work out the way we hope they do.

• Like 1

Mosquito Cay PB

Swede Fleet Commander(s): Teutonic (HAVOC Support)
British Fleet Commander(s): ---

Outcome: Swedes defend against the bee swarm. Really tough to fight against, requires a lot of communication from your fleet bros. Thanks to everyone who was patient and sailing close.

2020_2.06_Mosquito_Cay.png

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2/6/2020 at 2:57 PM, Earl of Grey said:

Ahh ... and because the Skill matters much more you prefere to hunt in Capitalzones ... 🤣🤣😆🤣

xD

anyways i go to capital zones quite often because i dont have much free time to play and You always find players there.

And You find all kinds of players there. 

Its also a good training& fun for every one, including me .

Also when I sink 

311310_screenshots_202077_1.jpg

311310_screenshots_2020011_1.jpg

311310_screenshots_2020152_1.jpg

311310_screenshots_2020437_1.jpg

311310_screenshots_2020626_1.jpg

311310_screenshots_2020732_1.jpg

311310_screenshots_2020733_1.jpg

311310_screenshots_2020828_1.jpg

Edited by Carl_infar
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Liq said:

Mosquito Cay 5 AM

British attempt at a Privateer Rush 6dabb6f29c2dd86c6ac54c0c087954b5.png

d9684e5f8df9a13c5685f9de75b2a666.png

Without having seen the PB I'll still venture a comment... It's impressive what a few aimed chains can do to a privateers speed/agility = boarding/sunk privateer.