Game-Labs Forum

Development plans update - First half of 2020

4 hours ago, SandersonTY said:

@admin How about the addition of Chinese nationality? As you know the Russia  clan HAN、fance clan CNS、 GB clan EAR and DF 、pirate clan PINKG are all chinese clan.and we all want the  Chinese nationality. we were wait long time 

Are we going to get Chinese war junks? :D

On 3/6/2020 at 5:21 PM, admin said:

The problem with Portugal = Problem with Poland. Nobody will play for this nation and Portuguese players will be disappointed.
Take Russia for example: Russian players are happy, they post happy reviews resulting in more Russian copies resulting in more Russian players resulting in more happiness. 

6Zl6IGU.png
Why do we need to start unhappy nations? I don't want to make new coming Portuguese players unhappy. 

It also results on more unbalance as they mostly join russia.

This "russian happiness" could make the rest of the playerbase pretty unhappy. And those players are allowed to write reviews too. And negative reviews don´t help to sell more copies.

Edited by Montagnes
  • Like 8

23 minutes ago, admin said:

The problem with Portugal = Problem with Poland. Nobody will play for this nation and Portuguese players will be disappointed.

I think there will be good amount of Portuguese players... And not only portuguese people. All people around the world will join this historical flag (and a nation who deserves to stay here in NA).

• Like 4

I still think Portugal would be the right choice, if the devs are thinking about adding a new nation. I know a few brazilian guys playing NA right now, met some portuguese players myself and, including me, Portugal will probably be the next Poland faction in the game, tiny nation but, there will be players in it and willing to keep the nation alive. 

I also wouldn't mind, at all, if the Portuguese flag would be added under the British nation. I actually suggested this a long time ago. It would be viable to have it under Britain /IF/ there is no possibility of adding it as a nation.

Edited by Portuguese Privateer
  • Like 2

well... it is very simple , who pays for the game ?

and there is the answer also 

put them in a freeports and carry on.....

• Like 1

On 3/6/2020 at 5:21 PM, admin said:

Take Russia for example: Russian players are happy, they post happy reviews resulting in more Russian copies resulting in more Russian players resulting in more happiness. 

6Zl6IGU.png
Why do we need to start unhappy nations? I don't want to make new coming Portuguese players unhappy. 

The problem is: Portugal's prime time was over at that time frame. The problem with China is: when did they have SOL? We used to have nations which had something to say on the 7 seas and in the caribbean. Yes there are many players from China. But what's the point in bringing more nations which had no big ships or any colonialisation activities at all? What's next? Bringing Ukraine and Canada because we have players from there? Let's reduce the player base of other countries so literally no one can do anything on their own anymore? It will literally kill the imersion when Victories are sailing with chinese flags. It already happens with polish, prussian flags etc.

Edited by CptEdwardKenway
  • Like 7

7 hours ago, Portuguese Privateer said:

I still think Portugal would be the right choice, if the devs are thinking about adding a new nation. I know a few brazilian guys playing NA right now, met some portuguese players myself and, including me, Portugal will probably be the next Poland faction in the game, tiny nation but, there will be players in it and willing to keep the nation alive. 

I also wouldn't mind, at all, if the Portuguese flag would be added under the British nation. I actually suggested this a long time ago. It would be viable to have it under Britain /IF/ there is no possibility of adding it as a nation.

As much as Portugal was a great naval nation in the 15th and 16th century their time was over in the 18th century. Naos wouldn't fit well into this game.

On 3/6/2020 at 3:55 PM, admin said:

Clarification.  Its not under review because we search for yes or no answer. It is under review on how to make it happen historically and naturally.

When you go this road there is no turning back. EVERY player base wants their own nation. Regardless if it's nonsens or not to let every nation sail 1st rates or even be in the caribbean. This has nothing to do with beeing an accurate game anymore. Why do you even bother about brining only ships when you have only plans and datas of them? Why don't we get a Queen Anne's Revenge or a Blackpearl? And what about the flying Dutchman? If you start making this game into some kind of colorful cartoon where everyone can sail everything then do it proper.

Just my two cents.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Navalus Magnus said:

Does that mean that China as a fraction will definitely be added to the game?

By the looks of it, yes.

@admin is always thinking from the business point of view "a chinese flag will help sell more copies".

What @admin doesn't understand is that a online game will keep selling copies as long as it gets good updates and content.

Adding a new nation is not content. It is a change that will exarcebate some existing problems like the low pop of most nations.

@admin statistics made him have fear of some changes. As soon as he was convinced, those changes make possible the recovery of the average pop to release levels.

As a conclusion, good content, good changes, happy customers, more sales.

• Like 1

Australien nation? We have plenty of players from down under.

Japanese players? Only one nation from asia would be unfair.

What about another american nation? Canada for example? Or some southern american?

Scotland? Italy? We used to have players from Italy aswell. We need more nations.

Why not have a Chinese topmast pennant that could be added to any nations ships. We could preserve-somewhat- the historical aspect of sailing in the Carribean during this loose time frame of late 18th -early 19th century.  Since Poland is a dead nation- why not make that a pennant and sure --Canada too.   

• Like 2

Right, am I the only one who thinks adding more nations is a bad idea?  Some nations are already spread thin, others non existent (see Poland).

Addressing the issue of adding China to the game.  The whole realism debate aside, seeing that 25% of of the playerbase is from China (and who else would play China in a game such as this other than the Chinese), imagine how dominant they will be in game.

25% all in one nation with the remaining 75% split along 11 nations, 10. if you remove Poland.  We'll see the same issue we see now with Russia absolutely dominating the game map, see image below of distribution of ports per nation.

The only way that level of domination would be through in game forced diplomacy, not the wishy washy diplomacy that we see now where even within individual nations certain clans/individuals do their own thing and ignore diplomatic relations.

So if you do add China, what I would like to see is an in game, enforced diplomacy to help counteract one nation dominance.  All voted for based on active players in a nation, regardless of clans.

For instance:

Alliance:  Nations in an alliance cannot attack each other in PVP (PVE is still allowed), all ships (warship or traders) can enter each others ports, and forts of an allied nation will not attack you if you're doing PVE.  Can be dissolved by either side by popular vote of either nations player base.  Leads to a temp NAP between nations for a short period of time, after which it goes to neutral.  If a third party declares war on one of the nations involved, the other nation is NOT dragged into the war automatically, but can vote on it.  If they vote against joining the war, the alliance is dissolved and the two nations cannot enter an alliance or NAP/trade agreement for a period of time.

Non Aggression pact/Trade Agreement:  Players cannot attack each others traders, but only traders can enter each others ports.  PVP between warships is allowed and is recorded by the game for all players of the respective nations to see.  Can be dissolved/enacted by vote, or if enough PVP action occurs then it will go straight to war.

Neutral:  All interactions between players are open, but cannot take hostility missions against another nation.  Raids can still be done though, but with a cooldown.

War:  Hostility missions become available, raids can be carried out whenever, traders cannot enter enemy ports, and if player has assets in an enemy port, they are seized and given to the ports controlling clan.

Clans still have a good amount of power (investments, port control, better organization), but now one clan can't just mess around with diplomacy as easily as before, and one nation dominance will be easier to counteract.  The PVP zone is not affected at all by nation diplomacy.

Edit:  A diplomacy feature would also improve the new player experience, as they'll know who is friendly and where they can go (relatively) safely.

tempsnip.png

TL/DR:  If China is added they will dominate the game even harder than the Russians are right now.  An ingame diplomacy feature would be required to create meaningful interactions between nations that aren't at risk of being ruined due to one clan/individuals issues.

Edited by JDMonster
Had an idea and added a TL/DR
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, CptEdwardKenway said:

Australien nation? We have plenty of players from down under.

Japanese players? Only one nation from asia would be unfair.

What about another american nation? Canada for example? Or some southern american?

Scotland? Italy? We used to have players from Italy aswell. We need more nations.

It would be better to add those nation flags into the game so that you can select it independently, no matter what nation in game you are sailing for.

put it into the flag DLC as "other nations" and all would be fine. 

• Like 5

you should do a naval action asia game but not add them in the actual naval action it would make more trouble than wee have actually enough with the Russian toxic nation that is slowly killing the game of all others nations . About add new ship would be nice to add some spanish ship i agree with this                                       

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 3:01 PM, CptEdwardKenway said:

This has nothing to do with beeing an accurate game anymore

Seriously??  Lol.  We sail DIRECTLY into the wind!  It's a game, not a historical simulation and marketing matters.  I have no problem with a Chinese flag (or any other flag) on a historical 1st rate, if it brings more players into the game.  I agree with you that we would not like to see Chinese war junks or the Black Pearl, but @admin has never indicated that was part of the plan. 

• Like 1