Game-Labs Forum

Development plans update - First half of 2020

Just now, admin said:

What would you guys like for Victory marks in the admiralty?

Problem is that many veterans have large amounts of Victory Marks from port captures after release and new players don't have them.
So if things to buy in Admiralty will be cheap (so new players could buy them also), then veterans will have advantage, if these things will be expensive, then new players will be at disadvantage. Stockpiled Victory Marks should be burned somehow

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, admin said:

I would love some permits for ships as I can't fight many ships at the same time (lot of stress) and it takes me days, even weeks, to finish my missions. When I finally complete one mission the chest usually doesn't reward me with a permit.

• Like 1

On 1/30/2020 at 11:39 PM, admin said:

Personally i would like to have more buildings to invest in like:

Privateer Tavern

• increases reward % for raid missions when port is attacked during PB window
  • Port has to be open for all in order to have the tavern active
  • has always every raid mission available (that is possible for this port)

Clan shipyard/Forge/workshop

• Everybody who is part of the clan can use this shipyard/forge/workshop for crafting

Custom Flags for Clan ports

• Hoist a clan flag at your clan owned port
  • can be bought in the admiralty
  • Can be equiped in the port management window

European Trader outpost

• Port spawns daily a different random tradegood

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 6

30 minutes ago, admin said:

buy paints for the victory marks (should ofcourse be such expensive so the preffered way would be to buy DLC since its not a competitive item ingame, and just a cosmetic), I also believe that the permits for lineships are to equal, there is really no difference in buying wasa v bucentaure v l'ocean in therms of cost, we know people have tens of thousands of resources in their warehouses waiting to be spent on replacement ships.

The permit should reflect the decision done by the admirality to allow a captain to build such a ship, and should be rewarded there after.

56 minutes ago, BoatyMcBoatFace said:

I got it, i literally dismissed it. Did you not get that?

It's traditional chinese.  I started learning english when i moved to london end of last year. How am i doing?

Superb overall! I think you may have given the wrong impression when you said 'incoherence' though. That would be different from understanding-but-dismissing something.

6 hours ago, Pad Seayew said:

Need more realistic terminology in-game.  Get rid of the word Clan altogether (Looong overdue!)  Perhaps Squadron for smaller "clans" and Fleet for bigger ones.  

Embrace your niche, Game-Labs.  Give opportunity for history of the period to really shine.  I've been watching those flying simulator games with Airforceproud95 and among all the hilarity they really go for realism in their communications.  Maybe this is more of a complaint about the community, but one shouldn't feel like a LARP'er for using terms anyone can find in Dean King's lexicon, or online at https://www.historicnavalfiction.com/general-hnf-info/naval-fiction-glossary

You are now released, and fine tuning the realism experience should be on your to-do list.

I would prefer Company than clan, but than that is cause our clan is named after an actual Dutch trade company.   So we aren't a squadron or fleet per say.

2 hours ago, admin said:

good question.. How many do you personally have already?

over 100 and I have been in very few PB's since release.   The problem is once the ports are all set up we have no use for them.  Doubloons and Combat marks have other use too, but VM's has no other use.   It's the one thing we are not short of at any time.   

2 hours ago, admin said:

To be honest?  I hate the random permit loot drop thing.  I gotten so far out of all the gold chest I open an Indefatigable permit, Bellona Permit and an Edny permit.....that is it.   The rest have been mainly mods and books.   It's getting to the point that it's frustrating to even try for certain chest or loot cause of RNG is so varied you can open 1000 chest and never get the loot you want.  It should be a free way to get certain loot while we can buy said permits in other places like the Admiralty shop.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, admin said:

1. Buying Permits for lineships

-- if it costs 30 combat medals to buy an Ocean Permit, maybe we could also buy it for 30 victory marks? (or 60? depending on how you want to set it up)

2. Buying Rare permits for A LOT of victory Marks

-- similar to how you can buy DLC ships for 100-200 combat medals, I think buying rare permits for 100-200 Victory marks could also be interesting

3. Buying combat Medals or Doubloons.

-- using victory Marks to convert into different resources. IF you did this, then I would say my 1st point would not be needed

4. Buying Rare trade goods used in Mod Crafting.

-- Say something like buying 5 swedish carpenters for 5 victory marks.

Essentially - I want to use Victory Marks as a currency and incentive for everyone to become lord protectors on many ports and to also DEFEND all those ports.

A port that doesn't have good trade goods, resources, or isn't great to hold can have yet another reason to be fought over to gain victory marks to gain access to other options.

You don't have to add all suggestions here, but I just wanted to give you an idea on what we could expect them to be used for (apart from port investments). Think of it as opportunity costs.

on one hand you can invest in a port to make that port stronger, or you could be selfish and get something from the admiralty instead of strengthening your territory.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, admin said:

Other games have conversion ratios to purchase various currency/tokens in games.

Merely an example

1 Vic Mark = 20k dubs 
1 Vic Mark = 10 Combat Medals
25 Vic Marks = 1 Victory Permit
50 Vic Marks = 200 (s)Live Oak  

Right now there is very little incentive to do RVR other than to keep ones ports and with the smaller BR it's definitely a cool kids club.  Having Vic marks as a reward would give them a bit more value.  

• Like 2

Well VM:s are rewards for participating to RVR, so they must also support RVR and be more useful to players themselves – so as others have already pointed out, I think:

1) make CM’s and VM’s exchangeable in admiralty. I think ratio for VM’s should be something like 1VM = 10CM (but you can decide that ofc, and this is just example which i will use here).

2) 1-2 rates are mainly RVR ships. So, make it so that 1-2 rate permits are redeemable in admiralty against VM’s? Just to hint players to do RVR also – although you can always exchange them from other currencies.

3) Take all ship permits away from chests – make chests just drop CM’s / VM’s and other things. We have so many ships and so many possibilities, that chest RNG can make you go mad, as you never get the permit you want.

4) make all ship permits available from admiralty. 7-3 rate = CM, 2-1rate = VM.

Don’t look so much how many VM’s old and good players have – they will always have all CM’s and VM’s they need. Just make it possible to fairly new (“3 months old?”) players to attend RVR/PVP, and replace their ships to those events. If L’Ocean costs you to make 3 VM’s (30CM), a starting RVR captain with only 1 port can make a one ocean in 3 weeks. In 2 weeks, he can make a Bucentaure for smaller ports. But ye, you could balance it out the way you want – just don’t make these basic lineship VM/CM costs too grindy for players. In the other hand Christian can cost 6 VM ;)

For old players who have shitload of these – well I don’t know any other solution to this than make all currencies exchangeable in admiralty. That way you can spend all your monies to whatever you like, and you don’t cumulate anything not useful to you. There is maybe a point that you allow conversions between VM <> CM and Doubs <> Credits. But only allow conversion from marks to cash:  VM/CM > Doubs/Credits. So that marks cannot be bought directly (you can still trade/buy them from players). Maybe even put tools to admiralty? With 3x the cost of regular “trade tools”? But still if you have all the money and marks you can have – well that’s really a “first world problem” and maybe there is no way to properly address that ever – dunno really?

But those are my thoughts about it ATM.

And PS. completely another matter – maybe you could make DLC ships redeemable from “air” (as it is now), or option to just redeem DLC-permit. With DLC-permit you can craft that ship yourself, if you have your own shipyard to do it (with highly reduced material costs than regulars, but also with port bonuses).

• Like 1

We used to be able to exchange VMs and CMs, please return to this. 

The only thing VM's should be used for is RVR (port investment, clan perks, etc). Anything that is not RVR (ship notes, upgrades, permits, etc) should be purchased with CM's. 

To alleviate the difficulty in obtaining CM's for non-PvP players, or players with smaller ships that don't receive CM's for battles, CM's should be purchasable for doubloons in the Admiralty, as well. 

7 hours ago, GrubbyZebra said:

We used to be able to exchange VMs and CMs, please return to this. 

The only thing VM's should be used for is RVR (port investment, clan perks, etc). Anything that is not RVR (ship notes, upgrades, permits, etc) should be purchased with CM's. 

To alleviate the difficulty in obtaining CM's for non-PvP players, or players with smaller ships that don't receive CM's for battles, CM's should be purchasable for doubloons in the Admiralty, as well. 

Non-pvp players can get their CMs via missions, no need for selling them at the Admiralty. 

You shall only get CMs, if you risk your ship in OW. Even if it is only sailing in enemy territory and sink ai.

34 minutes ago, Sea Archer said:

Non-pvp players can get their CMs via missions, no need for selling them at the Admiralty. 

You shall only get CMs, if you risk your ship in OW. Even if it is only sailing in enemy territory and sink ai.

You can buy them in many ports already, so your argument against them being in the admiralty is kind of moot.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2020 at 10:26 PM, admin said:
  •  
    1. Redoutable - Imported ship
      • (this month subject to Valve Approval)
    2. Implacable - crafted ship
      • (this month)
    3. Wrecker - crafted ship
      • (February)
    4. HMS Victory Classic Edition  - Admiralty Imported Gift ship
      • 1st half of 2020
    5. Rotterdam - Combat Indiaman
      • 1st half of 2020
    6. Gross ventre refit will return this or next month

Imported gift ship, does that mean gift as like the Pandora was? A free DLC?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Imperator Aleksandr said:

A second "classic" HMS Victory? How bout another 1st rate ship of the line that is different than that.....How bout the 1827 ship of the line form Russia.......the Imperator Aleksandr instead.

Ship_Imperator_Aleksandr_1827.jpg

Navio-%C2%B4Santa-Ana%C2%B4.jpg

What about something built in the NA timeframe and way more interesting?

Spanish first rate Santa Ana. 112 guns. Built in 1784.

• Like 12