Game-Labs Forum

Forthcoming patch info

@z4ys and @Salty Sails let's not turn this into LRQ thing, go to it's exclusive forum.

I laugh at these screenshots as I have sunk many LRQ in my shop Snow ! They are worthless as those are history now.

LRQ has crew nerfed due to nerf of hammocks but it is hp is increased and it is broadside weight is increased by 32 carro super buff. We all know 45 degrees upwind LRQ is 13.4 knots stock and Prince is 10 knots only, so a decent LRQ will never lose a fight but will escape. So it will be draw or loss for a Prince and I assure you after recent changes you can not win any broadside battle against LRQ with Prince. Let's discuss at LRQ forum.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PG Monkey said:

So its only P2W if it has best woods, proper(non dlc) upgrades and a decent captain ?  ok

Depends.

If said Le Req is handled by said player alt and is sunk by a Prince i'd also say that that player is a noob and not decent.

It is a never ending fairy tale of heroes and drum chests.

Snarky fun at best.

16 minutes ago, Aerospace said:

@z4ys and @Salty Sails let's not turn this into LRQ thing, go to it's exclusive forum.

I laugh at these screenshots as I have sunk many LRQ in my shop Snow ! They are worthless as those are history now.

LRQ has crew nerfed due to nerf of hammocks but it is hp is increased and it is broadside weight is increased by 32 carro super buff. We all know 45 degrees upwind LRQ is 13.4 knots stock and Prince is 10 knots only, so a decent LRQ will never lose a fight but will escape. So it will be draw or loss for a Prince and I assure you after recent changes you can not win any broadside battle against LRQ with Prince. Let's discuss at LRQ forum.

Ok, man...  I get it.  Nothing will ever change your mind that the ship is OP and I refuse to play your game.  Everything will be “he was a noob” this...  or “he had the wrong wood” that...  

Simply put:  If the GAME gets you that frustrated, maybe you should choose a better way to spend your leisure time.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Simply put:  If the GAME gets you that frustrated, maybe you should choose a better way to spend your leisure time.  

So tell me, why get the ship the nickname Le Broken?

And tell me, when did you stop playing  NA and why?

And what are you doing since you stopped playing?

Hahahaha.  I play the game every day man....  maybe ypu’ve Heard of these things called “forged paper” dlc?!  

And the ship was called “le broken” because shitty, lazy captains refused to spend any time learning tactics or using ships that can beat them.  No, you don’t go side to side with a carro Req in a smaller ship and you never tack when they are within 100 yards....   

oh, and it typically takes between 9-14 shots, even with a 6-lb’er, to snap the foremast. 

But instead, people try and turn and sail with it and end up getting rage-boarded.  GG

One of the u fortunate things I’ve noticed becoming a trend lately is people’s preoccupation with fast battles. I wish I had a dollar for every time a full carro ship asked me why I’m wasting his time as I slowly eat away his structure through the bow while his carros can’t reach me.  

But since I’m gonna change again soon at release, I’ll give you a hint.... I’ve been playing Yankee Privateer for the last two months....

Edited by Vernon Merrill
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Salty Sails said:

So tell me, why get the ship the nickname Le Broken?

And tell me, when did you stop playing  NA and why?

And what are you doing since you stopped playing?

What?!  No more snarky comments??

15 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Oh, look what I found.......

[...]

That video is old dmg model as well ;)
But, yes Requins are no longer blatantly overpowered, though still very strong in capable hands. Yet not so strong in newbies hands. Hell, I sunk one in a fir/fir indiaman once :D (old dmg model so now dps advantage for me).
The other ship I'd name that can kill a Req is the Niagara. Kill mast, 2-3 good broadsides, done.
The point Salty is probably trying to make (can't really speak or him) is that stats-wise she is still at the top of 6th rates, or at least shares it with the Niagara, one being slightly better downwind, the other upwind. On exactly equal
skill (never happens in reality, I know) a Requin still beats the Prince hands down in every single category.

Edit: Btw. Princes masts fall even faster :P

Edited by Tom Farseer
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, HachiRoku said:

This is the definition of P2W. If it saves time /work.... 

Hachi, with all possible deference: Saving time and avoiding work is just that and not winning with objectively more powerful purchased equipment.

• Like 1

So I have a theory of where we are headed based on all this. It's just a theory, but it's sort of what I would do if it were my game in the current state and population; I needed to secure future maintenance and development funds; and I wanted to try and get and keep players (and for old players to return). I would want to make a killer game that a large population was interested in. I'd think that only a complex game where there are multiple routes to success -- and success can be defined in various ways -- would be really groundbreaking.

I'd also like my family and my developers to be able to afford some relaxing spring days having a picnic on the  banks of the Dnepr.

Many of the best ships are now accessible behind permits which are available via RNG chest drops. I can increase (or decrease) the ship supply as needed by adjusting the chances of the permit drop or even by seeding ports or admiralty stores. @admin has announced that he plans to buff these permit only ships so strong ships would be available for the grind and for those players that don't want to buy DLCs or prefer a different playstyle. I could fiddle with the supply of desirable woods to spur ship crafting and make those guys happy. I could fiddle with trade to make it more attractive. I could take steps to encourage less stockpiling and more selling of excess woods and permits. I could use the funds generated by DLC sales to fund development making a richer game.

I would also continue releasing a variety of DLC ships. They need to be strong enough to attract some buyers, but not so strong that the players described in the preceding paragraph feel like the game has become pay to win. However, new ships as DLC will provide for those players who prefer not to trade/craft but want to just fight. It would also give an option to those who don't have time to play the more complex game. I would adjust redeem cool-down appropriately for various ship rates. I would make DLC ships capturable or tradable but once ownership is transferred, they would expire/sink at maintenance.

So, the least complicated and quickest way to play the game would be just by owning the DLC ships, taking them out and either sinking AI, other players, or yourself. But a totally legitimate, complex, extremely enjoyable route to success is available to those who don't want to buy DLCs and have more time for the game.

I don't know if the above would work, but based on the announcements we've seen lately, it might be the plan.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, jodgi said:

Hachi, with all possible deference: Saving time and avoiding work is just that and not winning with objectively more powerful purchased equipment.

You win because you're replacement ship costs nothing. 

• Like 2

Just now, HachiRoku said:

It costs up to 23 hours of no play time if he is bad or unlucky....  (from a guy with no DLC ships)

Edited by Vernon Merrill
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

It costs up to 23 hours of no play time if he is bad or unlucky....  (from a guy with no DLC ships)

But when you have 5 DLC ships the no play time is reduced, and in future when they release more DLC ships it will reduce even more. If you lose 5 ships in one days play then you are unlucky or you are just throwing them away.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Plain wrong, use fleet perk ??? Stock up to 4 ships, use them, do not sink all of them same day. I am lazy captain, I do not wanna reset perk, but smart captains should do it.

1 hour ago, Vernon Merrill said:

And the ship was called “le broken” because shitty, lazy captains refused to spend any time learning tactics or using ships that can beat them.  No, you don’t go side to side with a carro Req in a smaller ship and you never tack when they are within 100 yards....   

I am that captain, so that is my limited ability and  I am lazy and shitty, that is why I call it Le Broken still. I wish I was much better like you, but it is not the case obviously.

My point which your thick skulls can not accept is, any ship which is top of her class and when there is no good counter to it, is P2W.

I have captured Bellonas and Agamemnons with my SNOW, so I can say that Snow is good to fight against Bellonas, yep it was in the past but I can put some videos or screenshots ?

So I say use SNOW against the new 4th rate ship ! Thank you for making my lazy and shitty mind clear.

----------------------------

All aside I will never call L'Hermione P2W and Hercules at it's current state P2W. So this is my logic, if there was LRQ craftable in the game and Prince was DLC, I will never call Prince P2W. This is my logic, but your logic is Snow > Bellona or Agamemnon ( as I have captured few bigger ships with it, need some screenshots ?), I call your logic to be bullshit.

8 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

Ok.

I'm not saying you do, but I'm suspecting there is a tiny possibility you have a blindspot when it comes to resources, crafting and insurance.

I have the two silly little current DLCs but haven't used them against players yet. I've used and lost my own crafted ships instead. Right now losing a ship costs me almost nothing. Unless you buy stupid expensive woods or other stupid expensive resources from players you get almost every dime back. Yes, yes, oak/oak is "useless" and "terrible" (it's not) but if you stick with things you can extract yourself or steal from bots or players you can even come out of a ship loss with a net profit because of insurance rates.

When I start using my bigger DLCs I will always lose the guns and get nothing back for them, so using my own crafted ships will save me money while going with my DLC will guarantee me losing more money.

Sure it'll be faster to just click out a DLC, but even if I have to go to extract and haul oak and hemp it will take me no more than 5-10 minutes of engaging eco gameplay to click out a new ship. More often crafting a ship doesn't take longer than clicking a DLC because we usually keep stuff for at least 10 ships at the ready.

Guns make up about half the cost of a ship, so you should start worrying about us DLC clickers losing our reals while crafters get their cash back. How's that for a plot twist, eh?!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jodgi said:

Guns make up about half the cost of a ship, so you should start worrying about us DLC clickers losing our reals while crafters get their cash back. How's that for a plot twist, eh?!

I dont think insurance covers the cost of guns, it hardly covers the cost of the ship.

22 minutes ago, Aerospace said:
40 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Plain wrong, use fleet perk ??? Stock up to 4 ships, use them, do not sink all of them same day. I am lazy captain, I do not wanna reset perk, but smart captains should do it. 

Let's shed a little more light on those timelines...

1. IF the player with the DLC has used his fleet perks to get all 4 possible DLC ships, that means he has not lost a ship in 4 days.
  2. In 4 days even without an alt, with careful choosing of where you generate your resources you can gather more than enough stuff to craft 4 Hercules/Requin equivalents. If you are in a somewhat functioning clan of three or more people I'd venture you can get that done in a single day. ('Day here meaning an hour or less of collecting resources and hauling them to your shipyard.)

Suddenly the difference doesn't seem as massive anymore, does it?

3 hours ago, admin said:

DLC Ships give content. And will give more content. Claimants who claim those weak ships (by % deaths) are PW2 are constantly asked by reverse to duel him yet no-one yet accepted the bet. I guess they are only p2w on the forum (not in game)

DLC gives content yes but what kind of content? You mention Reverse, he is a good player of course but I have seen his streams. They are boring. Not him, he speaks Russian mostly which I don't speak but I am sure he is really interesting and funny guy :) But the streams are: sail sail sail, see ship, sink it, get stuff, sail sail sail see ship, sink it, get stuff. Maybe PB, maybe Patrol (sail less, see more smaller ships, sink them, get stuff). Then it's back to sail sail sail see ship, sink it, get stuff. For him and players like him yes DLC is probably great! He just wants more ships served up so he can sink them, so he loves DLC and loves Patrols cos he loves sinking ships! That's his 'content'. Then I hear you say 'DLC ships give content' and other players saying 'Let's have Nassau Patrol every day! Yay!' and it seems you only listen to them.

But there is another Naval Action. I remember when I first played, exploring this massive map. I remember Kolte's guide to solo PvP, about how he would stake out possible targets, look for likely trade runs and patrol them. I remember all the different kinds of players being into different stuff. The outlaw Pirates, the hit and run KPR gankers, the far flung areas of the map explorers, ship builders, traders, solo players, duellists even the meglomaniac RVR Warlords were fun. This game isn't ONLY about serving up as many ships as possible to sink, sometimes having to wait a bit and work stuff out and plan operations is the best bit and knowing you are not always guaranteed a fight when you might want one makes it all the better when you do get one. Doing the hauling, sourcing the woods, gathering the mats, trading the blueprint made sailing the ship more fun. Patrols, DLC ships, Legends it's all fine but it's all the same and not very interesting tbh. The recent comments you have made all rely on this 'the more ships you sink in a day the more fun you must have had' mantra, like that's just  'common sense' and written, but it simply isn't true, not for me anyway and so much more is being squeezed out.

Have your DLC if you need the money, I will tolerate it, I will even buy them, but please don't try and tell me it's for my benefit. Could you please spend a bit of time thinking about the other kinds of 'content' too? A long line of casual players in DLC ships to sink inside a circle and who don't really give a shit anyway? that might be what Reverse wants but it's not what I want and there are others like me (maybe more than you think?).

If your game goes stratospheric and the server is always full, please open another server, but this time with no Patrols, and no DLC Ships, no towing and no teleporting and where a solo player can get hold of a little bit of teak if he's prepared to haul it.  I want to play on that one! I will even pay for the Server space! How much does it cost? :)

• Like 14

7 minutes ago, Archaos said:

I dont think insurance covers the cost of guns, it hardly covers the cost of the ship.

I did the simple math on a corvette,  maybe you've done the numbers on bigger ships? I'd like to see those numbers...

1 hour ago, HachiRoku said:

Pretty much this. Also it is not a one time thing, the player using crafted ships has to pay the cost / time to rebuild every time he loses a ship, while the DLC user gets it for free every time and can instead spend his game time / resources on upgrades, repairs and other things. It adds up over time and since every player has a finite time to play available per day, no matter of it being 1 hour or 10, getting up to 5 ships ( with unique stats and performance ) for free compared to someone who has to build his ships, it's most definitely pay2win. It is like you are buying an infinite amount of ingame resources and labour hours for a one time payment of real cash ( completely ignoring the fact that those ships have unique stats ).

Pay2progess is for example when you  buy a xp booster that allows you to unlock the next ship faster than someone who does not pay. You get there faster once but you both reach the same goal / ship and fight eachother on equal terms once you are both there. It doesn't hello kitty the other guy over on a daily basis indefinitely.

I liked DLC ships when we had 2 small but now we get 5 already, one of them being a 3-4th rate. If I continue to play, I'll only use DLC ships. I feel bad about the fools who will craft their ships and actually risk something, while I throw my fleet of free, disposable and low reward ships at them.

The only way this would be balanced, fair and compatible with the rest of the game is if they made DLC ships underperforming compared to crafted ships or only permits. This will never happend, however.

Kind of amusing how they made crafted ships need those permits, some of which are RNG dependant and thus rare too, and even harder to get good woods to build them at the same time, isn't it? So you get better ships easier and faster, the more DLCs you own but crafting certain ships is made harder and more difficult. Seems about right.

Edited by Sovereign
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, Hullabaloo said:

DLC gives content yes but what kind of content? You mention Reverse, he is a good player of course but I have seen his streams. They are boring. Not him, he speaks Russian mostly which I don't speak but I am sure he is really interesting and funny guy :) But the streams are: sail sail sail, see ship, sink it, get stuff, sail sail sail see ship, sink it, get stuff. Maybe PB, maybe Patrol (sail less, see more smaller ships, sink them, get stuff). Then it's back to sail sail sail see ship, sink it, get stuff. For him and players like him yes DLC is probably great! He just wants more ships served up so he can sink them, so he loves DLC and loves Patrols cos he loves sinking ships! That's his 'content'. Then I hear you say 'DLC ships give content' and other players saying 'Let's have Nassau Patrol every day! Yay!' and it seems you only listen to them.

But there is another Naval Action. I remember when I first played, exploring this massive map. I remember Kolte's guide to solo PvP, about how he would stake out possible targets, look for likely trade runs and patrol them. I remember all the different kinds of players being into different stuff. The outlaw Pirates, the hit and run KPR gankers, the far flung areas of the map explorers, ship builders, traders, solo players, duellists even the meglomaniac RVR Warlords were fun. This game isn't ONLY about serving up as many ships as possible to sink, sometimes having to wait a bit and work stuff out and plan operations is the best bit and knowing you are not always guaranteed a fight when you might want one makes it all the better when you do get one. Doing the hauling, sourcing the woods, gathering the mats, trading the blueprint made sailing the ship more fun. Patrols, DLC ships, Legends it's all fine but it's all the same and not very interesting tbh. The recent comments you have made all rely on this 'the more ships you sink in a day the more fun you must have had' mantra, like that's just  'common sense' and written, but it simply isn't true, not for me anyway and so much more is being squeezed out.

I completely agree. If I want to sink a bunch of ships that have no value and thus their destruction no meaning, I can go play garbage like wows. NA could be so much more than that. It's like they want to sell Legends inside NA now... The 2 small DLC ships we had were just perfect. Should have added Pandora and leave it at that.

• Like 4