Game-Labs Forum
admin

Forthcoming patch info

8 minutes ago, Aerospace said:

Just wondering in what ship can you sink a LRQ with proper ugprades and decent captain ?

I assume you are a very decent captain and you can select 1 ship of the same class. You should sink him, he should not escape. What craftable ship will you select against a dlc LRQ ? So I will be sure at least LRQ is not pay to win :) 

prince

Edited by PG Monkey
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Hullabaloo said:

My two cents: The fuss is not about the rate so much (for me) as long as they are properly balanced. The Herc and LeReq were not properly balanced imo and Hercs in particular were everywhere and it turned the game into a farce. Thankfully the new damage model inadvertently nerfed the Herc back (the bigger frigates can now overpower them) and so you got away with it and they are actually in a pretty good place now. But that was a black period for this game and very nearly made me quit.

Premium ships are free (in game) so they are already massively attractive to those who don't mind spending more RL$ and already makes them OP, they do not need to be OP in performance too. If this Rettvisan is ridiculously fast with 6 bow chasers and kills anything that can catch it then you might get a nice injection of cash but the game will be broken again. The L'Hermione is a good ship but is balanced as is the Wasa so I can just about live with these. It would be a much better game without any RL money ships at all imo,  but obviously that's not an option which I can understand. An OP 4th rate coming in at this stage would be disastrous. You say crafted ships will be better? OK, so then I won't be making a fuss.

Completely in accord with this. Suggestion: what if DLC ships were nor able to attack crafted ships?

• Like 1

I see very good ideas shared by community as always. It makes great sense and good logic, they are all problem solving minded, but I know it is in our reality, it helps a little :( 

• I like the purposal where you can craft all ships including DLC ships. But you have to pay some huge reals and dubloons to craft, so having the dlc is better but they are not exclusive to dlc owners. If you want it, work hard you can craft and sail it. 
  • DLC ships should always be blue 3/5 ships and can have trims. To have a ship on demand anytime with any wood is enough reason to own the DLC. But redeem everyday until you get purple or gold ones, is lame as it does not cost you anything, for crafted ships you have to spend lots of resource/doublon/reals to get a better ship.
  • Every DLC ship should be average level in it's class or there is one craftable ship which is on par with this dlc ship.
  • A much better ship shop system, where you can put buy contracts for ships or filter ships being sold, including listings at freetowns ! So you can filter ships like wood type and quality and even trim. Another apprach needs to be instant sell price and real auction/bidding for ships. A gold teak/wo fast Santisima on bidding at freetown, the bidding can be accessed by all nations (we are big clans/companies so we have our workers at ports I guess), instant sell price 5 million reals, bidding starts at 2 million reals for fixed time of few days.This will boost crafting, this will give some meaning to crafting. 
  • Currently too many restrictions on ship permits. I can understand trying to make some ships rare but currently it is a bit too much. I can not understand limiting 1st rate ships behind rng chest ! I do understand increasing their overall cost, increase requirement of dubloons or combat medals or victory marks, but rng permit ? @admin wants pvp, but affordable pvp is 6th rate and 5th rate, yet competetive ships on those classes are behind some RNG permits ? How does it help ? Make big ship combat exclusive but why are you limiting small ship battles ?
  • Still in need of CONTENT, I am a bit suprised we have some kind of DLC storm coming nowadays. I would prefer to see game to be finalized with content, RVR problems / ECO proplems / PVE problems / PVP problems solved, game in good state to be released, game has content to make PVE / PVP guys happy on the long ride. After that stage let the DLC come.
  • I hope they give us DLC option until new ships are balanced, like we have purchased the DLC, for 2 weeks may be. Can reedem the ship everyday, test, feedback, so it doesn't become a disaster like before which took months to balance the Hercules, LRQ not yet ! So after 2 weeks DLC is removed from accounts and may be 1 note is given to all players which is not needed, but ship will be balanced. Ship notes did not help with balancing the dlc ships before as you do not know the ship and it is already sunk, can not provide good feedback.

These are some of my thoughts and some good feedback from community. I need to remind the boss, we want this game to be successful, I am sure players will support the developer team, but expecting some positive returns to some of the good feedbacks. Just dump and flush all my posts but so many great feedbacks on forums, just need to look at the ones which are not extreme which are voice of common players.

Edited by Aerospace
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Salty Sails said:

Do it! LOL Make a video or livestream!

Hehe.   No videos but plenty of screenshots. 

0FB00495C92C0C708700A6049D3E95785DC5F9DB

Look at the crew number.  Full boarding fit with pirate rig.  Think this one had carros.  I use longs.  Never let him get close enough to hit me.  

Pretty sure @z4ys would have a few stream recordings of him doing the same.   We used to go down to KPR and hunt the hunters all day.  Good fun.

Edited by Vernon Merrill
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, admin said:

What? I do not get your percentages and comparisons. I think you did not get our numbers at all.

11000 Battles were with DLC ships. That is not total battles. Overall battles during check period were around 36k.  DLC ships participated in 11000 out of those 36k. And generate more deaths than brigs (who constantly die in tutorials). Brig is 3rd most sinking ship in the game by count.

DLC Ships give content. And will give more content. Claimants who claim those weak ships (by % deaths) are PW2 are constantly asked by reverse to duel him yet no-one yet accepted the bet. I guess they are only p2w on the forum (not in game)

@adminIt is impossible for us to get your numbers.  You only cherry pick to support your argument and don't show us enough to see the reality.  It would be better if you didn't show us numbers at all.  

You ignore half of the pay-to-win argument by just saying they are weaker than crafted ships.  They also severely reduce the demand for crafted ships because they are so much easier to get.  

The worst thing is that there is no fun in sinking a p2w ship they way they are currently implemented.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PG Monkey said:

prince

7 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Look at the crew number.  Full boarding fit with pirate rig.  Think this one had carros.  I use longs.  Never let him get close enough to hit me.  

Pretty sure @z4ys would have a few stream recordings of him doing the same.   We used to go down to KPR and hunt the hunters all day.  Good fun.

Imagine, on top of that, that this ship will be particularly buffed... 🙂

Edited by LeBoiteux

1 minute ago, LeBoiteux said:

Imagine, on top of that, that this ship will be buffed... 🙂

Just imagine....   :wub:

5 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Just wondering in what ship can you sink a LRQ with proper ugprades and decent captain ?

LAS taylor? Never heard of him...

Do you have a fight against better players? With good woods, and best upgrades?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

unfortunately it's all outdated (pre dmg model)

So its only P2W if it has best woods, proper(non dlc) upgrades and a decent captain ?  ok

• Like 2

@z4ys and @Salty Sails let's not turn this into LRQ thing, go to it's exclusive forum.

I laugh at these screenshots as I have sunk many LRQ in my shop Snow ! They are worthless as those are history now.

LRQ has crew nerfed due to nerf of hammocks but it is hp is increased and it is broadside weight is increased by 32 carro super buff. We all know 45 degrees upwind LRQ is 13.4 knots stock and Prince is 10 knots only, so a decent LRQ will never lose a fight but will escape. So it will be draw or loss for a Prince and I assure you after recent changes you can not win any broadside battle against LRQ with Prince. Let's discuss at LRQ forum.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PG Monkey said:

So its only P2W if it has best woods, proper(non dlc) upgrades and a decent captain ?  ok

Depends.

If said Le Req is handled by said player alt and is sunk by a Prince i'd also say that that player is a noob and not decent.

It is a never ending fairy tale of heroes and drum chests.

Snarky fun at best.

16 minutes ago, Aerospace said:

@z4ys and @Salty Sails let's not turn this into LRQ thing, go to it's exclusive forum.

I laugh at these screenshots as I have sunk many LRQ in my shop Snow ! They are worthless as those are history now.

LRQ has crew nerfed due to nerf of hammocks but it is hp is increased and it is broadside weight is increased by 32 carro super buff. We all know 45 degrees upwind LRQ is 13.4 knots stock and Prince is 10 knots only, so a decent LRQ will never lose a fight but will escape. So it will be draw or loss for a Prince and I assure you after recent changes you can not win any broadside battle against LRQ with Prince. Let's discuss at LRQ forum.

Ok, man...  I get it.  Nothing will ever change your mind that the ship is OP and I refuse to play your game.  Everything will be “he was a noob” this...  or “he had the wrong wood” that...  

Simply put:  If the GAME gets you that frustrated, maybe you should choose a better way to spend your leisure time.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Simply put:  If the GAME gets you that frustrated, maybe you should choose a better way to spend your leisure time.  

So tell me, why get the ship the nickname Le Broken?

And tell me, when did you stop playing  NA and why?

And what are you doing since you stopped playing?

Hahahaha.  I play the game every day man....  maybe ypu’ve Heard of these things called “forged paper” dlc?!  

And the ship was called “le broken” because shitty, lazy captains refused to spend any time learning tactics or using ships that can beat them.  No, you don’t go side to side with a carro Req in a smaller ship and you never tack when they are within 100 yards....   

oh, and it typically takes between 9-14 shots, even with a 6-lb’er, to snap the foremast. 

But instead, people try and turn and sail with it and end up getting rage-boarded.  GG

One of the u fortunate things I’ve noticed becoming a trend lately is people’s preoccupation with fast battles. I wish I had a dollar for every time a full carro ship asked me why I’m wasting his time as I slowly eat away his structure through the bow while his carros can’t reach me.  

But since I’m gonna change again soon at release, I’ll give you a hint.... I’ve been playing Yankee Privateer for the last two months....

Edited by Vernon Merrill
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Salty Sails said:

So tell me, why get the ship the nickname Le Broken?

And tell me, when did you stop playing  NA and why?

And what are you doing since you stopped playing?

What?!  No more snarky comments??

15 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Oh, look what I found.......

[...]

That video is old dmg model as well ;)
But, yes Requins are no longer blatantly overpowered, though still very strong in capable hands. Yet not so strong in newbies hands. Hell, I sunk one in a fir/fir indiaman once :D (old dmg model so now dps advantage for me).
The other ship I'd name that can kill a Req is the Niagara. Kill mast, 2-3 good broadsides, done.
The point Salty is probably trying to make (can't really speak or him) is that stats-wise she is still at the top of 6th rates, or at least shares it with the Niagara, one being slightly better downwind, the other upwind. On exactly equal
skill (never happens in reality, I know) a Requin still beats the Prince hands down in every single category.

Edit: Btw. Princes masts fall even faster :P

Edited by Tom Farseer
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, HachiRoku said:

This is the definition of P2W. If it saves time /work.... 

Hachi, with all possible deference: Saving time and avoiding work is just that and not winning with objectively more powerful purchased equipment.

• Like 1

So I have a theory of where we are headed based on all this. It's just a theory, but it's sort of what I would do if it were my game in the current state and population; I needed to secure future maintenance and development funds; and I wanted to try and get and keep players (and for old players to return). I would want to make a killer game that a large population was interested in. I'd think that only a complex game where there are multiple routes to success -- and success can be defined in various ways -- would be really groundbreaking.

I'd also like my family and my developers to be able to afford some relaxing spring days having a picnic on the  banks of the Dnepr.

Many of the best ships are now accessible behind permits which are available via RNG chest drops. I can increase (or decrease) the ship supply as needed by adjusting the chances of the permit drop or even by seeding ports or admiralty stores. @admin has announced that he plans to buff these permit only ships so strong ships would be available for the grind and for those players that don't want to buy DLCs or prefer a different playstyle. I could fiddle with the supply of desirable woods to spur ship crafting and make those guys happy. I could fiddle with trade to make it more attractive. I could take steps to encourage less stockpiling and more selling of excess woods and permits. I could use the funds generated by DLC sales to fund development making a richer game.

I would also continue releasing a variety of DLC ships. They need to be strong enough to attract some buyers, but not so strong that the players described in the preceding paragraph feel like the game has become pay to win. However, new ships as DLC will provide for those players who prefer not to trade/craft but want to just fight. It would also give an option to those who don't have time to play the more complex game. I would adjust redeem cool-down appropriately for various ship rates. I would make DLC ships capturable or tradable but once ownership is transferred, they would expire/sink at maintenance.

So, the least complicated and quickest way to play the game would be just by owning the DLC ships, taking them out and either sinking AI, other players, or yourself. But a totally legitimate, complex, extremely enjoyable route to success is available to those who don't want to buy DLCs and have more time for the game.

I don't know if the above would work, but based on the announcements we've seen lately, it might be the plan.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, jodgi said:

Hachi, with all possible deference: Saving time and avoiding work is just that and not winning with objectively more powerful purchased equipment.

You win because you're replacement ship costs nothing. 

• Like 2

Just now, HachiRoku said:

You win because you're replacement ship costs nothing. 

It costs up to 23 hours of no play time if he is bad or unlucky....  (from a guy with no DLC ships)

Edited by Vernon Merrill
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

It costs up to 23 hours of no play time if he is bad or unlucky....  (from a guy with no DLC ships)

But when you have 5 DLC ships the no play time is reduced, and in future when they release more DLC ships it will reduce even more. If you lose 5 ships in one days play then you are unlucky or you are just throwing them away.

• Like 1