Game-Labs Forum
admin

Forthcoming patch info

1 hour ago, Lovec1990 said:

here this ship is same class as rettvisan

964d4f14ba36684d_org.jpg

I would like to take that ship on the right for a spin. Anyway I have no idea about this ship. Looks more like a frigate. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

Anyway I have no idea about this ship. Looks more like a frigate.

That is a model of the ingame Wasa (AKA Kronprins Gustaf Adolf) 😃 not quite a frigate I'd say. Upper gun deck is hard to see in that picture so confusion is understandable.

Just now, Tom Farseer said:

That is a model of the ingame Wasa (AKA Kronprins Gustaf Adolf) 😃 not quite a frigate I'd say. Upper gun deck is hard to see in that picture so confusion is understandable.

isnt Kronprins Gustaf Adolf inproved wasa class?

1 minute ago, Lovec1990 said:

isnt Kronprins Gustaf Adolf inproved wasa class?

It is :D but the Armament and name plate on stern identifiy the ingame Wasa undoubtedly as the Kronprins. Rättvisan is of the same class, albeit armed a bit lighter. Afaik it carried 24pd on her main battery as opposed to the Kronprins' heavier 32s.

Posted (edited)

They basically could do that, yes... Seeing as the Wasa already has almost the same stats as the Agamemnon there is no need to change much... Though I think I remember admin stating in somewhere this thread (not sure where, will look) that the Kronprins/Wasa as a 3rd rate will get a slight buff. Thought wrong...

Edit: couldn't find the post i was referring to. Must have been wishful thinking on my part :D

Edited by Tom Farseer

38 minutes ago, jodgi said:

Yup, and I'll relay your sulking

I tell you what, I'm getting a bit fed up of your rudeness. I am not sulking. I'm entitled to my opinion it is a forum. That's the second time you have insulted me on here, you are supposed to be a moderator act like a grown up. Else I will have a few choice words about what I think of you.

• Like 5

thanks this just saved me some money was tempted in buying new DLC ship, but both look bad besides we might get Pandora

The game is pushed more and more into a multiplayer arena game. I have the impression, dev team just gave up the idea of an open world sandbox. 

That is not bad per se. BUT, hiding so many permits behind (a) RNG and (b) PVP grind creates a lot of frustration. One hurdle can be taken by everyone and will probably be accepted. But two? PVP grind requires time, ships and money for ships, which needs to be created somehow which means even more time... 

This is not good for player retention and for attraction new players. And this is the main problem this game has. And it is not addressed appropriately. Tutorial was good. Small ship DLC, well ok after rebalancing. Big ship DLC... OMG. 

• Like 2

only bad thing is devs did not fixed L'Hermione now they gonna make her DLC

34 minutes ago, Lovec1990 said:

how you define top predator by stats or how commonly is being used as hunter/raider?

If you can't be caught by anything that can kill you and you can catch things you can kill 1v1. It's not a precise thing of course and a lot depends on fitting and of course player skill and the situation so I'm not claiming it is a hard and fast rule. But i would argue some ships fall more into that category more than others. I very rarely lose Endymions for example unless I chose the engagement and made a mistake or chose to take a risk and meet a better player. But otherwise I can usually choose who i fight and I have a good chance of wining. Bellona is another example, maybe Niagara too? and Le Req probably. My argument was that Herc was like that too and that shouldn't be the case with a paid for DLC insta ship cos that unbalances the game.

L'Hermione as a DLC ship, sweet! It's a good ship, with out being OP in any way, very well balanced. Pandora, looking forward to it no mater what happens.

On the other hand I'm surprised by the "baby lineship DLC" announcement for the Rattvisan (Ретвизан) 24lb gun forth rate. And it is giving me a bad feeling because we have not seen or tested that ship. And by looking at the stats it looks like it is going to be a very powerful 4. rate. At least the BR looks high, so this is good news for RvR! :)  

Imo because we needed doubloons and permits to craft Agamemnon, Wappen Von Hamburg,  Constitution and the Ingermandland we got used to thinking that 4. rates where baby line ships. Back in the days we had AI captured 3rd rates and we used them a lot! It was fun. We also had a short (imo) period with ship notes in exchange for doubloons (Surprise, L'Hermione, Wasa, Bellona etc) and I'm a big fan of easy to good ships for all players.
But having a brand new disposable baby line ship every day will effect how careful we are with those. And considering how difficult it is to craft ships in good woods, the reinforcement zones are getting removed/nerfed, I think it is safe to say that you can expect to see these ships with enemy fags near your home port soon! :D

I'm getting one of those 3 click baby-line-ships asap, that for sure! 😈

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

@admin why L'Hermione instead of Santa Cecilia?

Whats the fate of Santa Cecilia after release?

Edited by Lovec1990
  • Like 2

The devs seemed to have gone completely off track their original plans. The game was a lot better 2 years ago. Crafting has become useless and should just be removed and rely only on redeemable ships to play. My only question now is this:  Is this new direction the game is taking, being done on purpose or just kinda making things up as they go along?

[moderated]

I honestly don’t think they are dumb and it is the first reason but you never know.

2 minutes ago, Hullabaloo said:

I am not sulking. I'm entitled to my opinion it is a forum.

I'm entitled to an opinion of your opinion. I read a complaining and sulky tone in your post, it's hardly an insult.

20 minutes ago, Hullabaloo said:

Else I will have a few choice words about what I think of you.

That's fine. You can yell at me in PM. Whenever you see a poster breaking the forum rules you can report the post, this also goes for me.

Just now, Lovec1990 said:

so constitution is also top predator?

Dunno tbh I havn't sailed one in ages. I remember the connie was used a lot by solo hunters for that same reason but that was different sail mechanics and damage model. Looking at sailing profile it would seem to me it would be good at choosing engagements yes. It doesn't seem like it can fight other 3rd rates though, but as a 4th rate hunter killer, yes maybe

2 minutes ago, jodgi said:

complaining and sulky tone in your post

That's an insult mate. You read that tone because you don't like criticism of your Daddy's game? I read cringing sycophant in your posts

Posted (edited)

All ships on war server should be redeemable, then ship DLCs would be fine.

But allowing DLC ships to be redeemed instantly while others have to haul goods and craft is just straight up P2W and kills the game.

Edited by Father of Dragons
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)

I do not quite understand this negative. Who can explain the minuses of the introduction of these DLC ships? Let me give you the pros, because again, I do not see the minuses.
1) I am an experienced pvp player - I will have more pvp
2) I am not an experienced pvp player - I have free ships. But after I lose them, I want to get a nicer craft craft (trinko, indie, agha, bello)
3) I am a family man, I have a lot of money, but I don’t have time - I buy a ship and get a fan
4) I'm a PVE player - I'm going to borrow PVE. They kill me or gank me and I do not go to delete the game, I take a free ship and cover my losses
5) I am a crafter - I am crafting ships that will fly after having lost the ship's DLC.
6) The success of the Nassau patrol area, in which even with 200 people online, you can find 100 fights - thanks to the DLC of the ship, it is stupid to renounce. But in the zone you can find a lot of craft ships, after people lose DLC.
7) If after the introduction of these DLS in other patrol areas, there will be as many battles and in the open sea there will be more life. I have a question, what have you smoked and do not see these advantages?

Good luck and have fun :D

PS

I have this Herc and le requin - u all know. But i dont use this ships - u again know that. Becouse i love win, this ships dont give me win. This ships only for fun or when i lose all my ships. When i wont win - i craft better ships and go win. the same will happen with other DLС ships

Edited by Captain Reverse
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, Hullabaloo said:

you don't like criticism of your Daddy's game? I read cringing sycophant in your posts

Is that better or worse than me typing up "sulky"?

How well are you handling responses to your posts, in your own opinion?

Regardless of stats, balancing and the whole Lineship-or-no predicament: Can we have a bit on info on the modus operandi for the bigger DLC ships? How often will those be redeemable? Will there be any ingame resources neede to do so? (Please, for the love of watever is holy to you, don't make a strong 4th rate insta-redeemable every day!)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, admin said:

They did only good. 
DLC ships provide for 30% of battles and even more significant percentage of pvp deaths (content for others).
We provided these numbers before. 

This is a game about PVP fights and RVR, crafting was promised as basic and will remain basic. 
If crafters are such a powerful force why in KPR players cannot buy a good cerberus? I saw the guy who could not find a crafted cerberus, in the most populated nation. 

maybe because tools to get buyer and seller in touch are bad.

- both have to be online at the same time

- crafting is only done on demand

- currently ships can only be sold for reals in shops

- ship contracts can only be placed by sellers

just to name a few mismatches

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, jodgi said:

Is that better or worse than me typing up "sulky"?

You started it, so now I'm commenting on how i perceive the 'tone' of your posts. If you would like to stop doing that from now on then I will too.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, admin said:

Nothing changed since 2015? Yes. We still need to pay for the game and servers. We do not have subs.

https://forum.game-labs.net/topic/4668-open-world-prototype-rules-of-engagement-ship-loss-and-spawning/?do=findComment&comment=90710

The thing that concerns me about this approach is that all your DLC are one off purchases, so how does that equate to an income stream to keep the game and servers going? 

Are you just going to release a new DLC ship every time you need more cash? Because if that is so it will make the game appear very expensive for any new player joining. As someone already pointed out the game with all DLC not counting those you plan to add next week is already costing £98.23, so someone looking at the game on Steam seeing a price for the whole bundle at around £130 is likely to be put off, I know there are a few games on Steam like this that has put me off purchasing them. I understand you do not need all the DLC to play but to me why have a game if you cannot experience all parts, or if you start playing and like it you know you will have to get those extras.

I think your economic model is flawed and will only serve to drive players away from the game. I love the game but dislike how you have decided to fund it. Personally I would prefer a reasonable priced subscription, but maybe I am just old fashioned in that respect, I paid a subscription to play Final Fantasy XI for 10 years even though I probably only actively played for about 6 of those years. Yes it worked out that I paid more in the long run and also had to pay for expansions, but I felt that I was constantly getting new content. With this I feel like I'm being fleeced every time you need more money to keep the servers running.

• Like 6