Game-Labs Forum

Forthcoming patch info

All ships on war server should be redeemable, then ship DLCs would be fine.

But allowing DLC ships to be redeemed instantly while others have to haul goods and craft is just straight up P2W and kills the game.

Edited by Father of Dragons
  • Like 4

I do not quite understand this negative. Who can explain the minuses of the introduction of these DLC ships? Let me give you the pros, because again, I do not see the minuses.
1) I am an experienced pvp player - I will have more pvp
2) I am not an experienced pvp player - I have free ships. But after I lose them, I want to get a nicer craft craft (trinko, indie, agha, bello)
3) I am a family man, I have a lot of money, but I don’t have time - I buy a ship and get a fan
4) I'm a PVE player - I'm going to borrow PVE. They kill me or gank me and I do not go to delete the game, I take a free ship and cover my losses
5) I am a crafter - I am crafting ships that will fly after having lost the ship's DLC.
6) The success of the Nassau patrol area, in which even with 200 people online, you can find 100 fights - thanks to the DLC of the ship, it is stupid to renounce. But in the zone you can find a lot of craft ships, after people lose DLC.
7) If after the introduction of these DLS in other patrol areas, there will be as many battles and in the open sea there will be more life. I have a question, what have you smoked and do not see these advantages?

Good luck and have fun :D

PS

I have this Herc and le requin - u all know. But i dont use this ships - u again know that. Becouse i love win, this ships dont give me win. This ships only for fun or when i lose all my ships. When i wont win - i craft better ships and go win. the same will happen with other DLС ships

Edited by Captain Reverse
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, Hullabaloo said:

you don't like criticism of your Daddy's game? I read cringing sycophant in your posts

Is that better or worse than me typing up "sulky"?

How well are you handling responses to your posts, in your own opinion?

Regardless of stats, balancing and the whole Lineship-or-no predicament: Can we have a bit on info on the modus operandi for the bigger DLC ships? How often will those be redeemable? Will there be any ingame resources neede to do so? (Please, for the love of watever is holy to you, don't make a strong 4th rate insta-redeemable every day!)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, admin said:

They did only good. 
DLC ships provide for 30% of battles and even more significant percentage of pvp deaths (content for others).
We provided these numbers before. 

This is a game about PVP fights and RVR, crafting was promised as basic and will remain basic. 
If crafters are such a powerful force why in KPR players cannot buy a good cerberus? I saw the guy who could not find a crafted cerberus, in the most populated nation. 

maybe because tools to get buyer and seller in touch are bad.

- both have to be online at the same time

- crafting is only done on demand

- currently ships can only be sold for reals in shops

- ship contracts can only be placed by sellers

just to name a few mismatches

• Like 6

14 hours ago, admin said:

Nothing changed since 2015? Yes. We still need to pay for the game and servers. We do not have subs.

https://forum.game-labs.net/topic/4668-open-world-prototype-rules-of-engagement-ship-loss-and-spawning/?do=findComment&comment=90710

The thing that concerns me about this approach is that all your DLC are one off purchases, so how does that equate to an income stream to keep the game and servers going? 

Are you just going to release a new DLC ship every time you need more cash? Because if that is so it will make the game appear very expensive for any new player joining. As someone already pointed out the game with all DLC not counting those you plan to add next week is already costing £98.23, so someone looking at the game on Steam seeing a price for the whole bundle at around £130 is likely to be put off, I know there are a few games on Steam like this that has put me off purchasing them. I understand you do not need all the DLC to play but to me why have a game if you cannot experience all parts, or if you start playing and like it you know you will have to get those extras.

I think your economic model is flawed and will only serve to drive players away from the game. I love the game but dislike how you have decided to fund it. Personally I would prefer a reasonable priced subscription, but maybe I am just old fashioned in that respect, I paid a subscription to play Final Fantasy XI for 10 years even though I probably only actively played for about 6 of those years. Yes it worked out that I paid more in the long run and also had to pay for expansions, but I felt that I was constantly getting new content. With this I feel like I'm being fleeced every time you need more money to keep the servers running.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Archaos said:

Because if that is so it will make the game appear very expensive for any new player joining

But not even in the same neighboorhood as expensive as WoT, WT, WoWS et al. Players already know they don't have to buy everything on offer. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Captain Reverse said:

The success of the Nassau patrol area

The server pop is so low that it can no longer sustain the game as an openworld sandbox so they have had to introduce a lobby based patrol system just so people have something to do. I don't think that is a definition of success. 

• Like 2

Just now, Hullabaloo said:

The server pop is so low that it can no longer sustain the game as an openworld sandbox so they have had to introduce a lobby based patrol system just so people have something to do. I don't think that is a definition of success. 

in any game there are similar zones. Stupid conversation.
Guys, I will not respond to your messages if there is no example of the minuses of future DLС, because I do not like spam.

10 minutes ago, Archaos said:

reasonable priced subscription,

The nineties are calling and want their monetization scheme back!

EVE reported net earnings right after they went with the open access thing. Nothing is more risky today than to go with subs for an online game.

The stuff I smoke makes me want to play an open world mmo, I can't do that because there are not enough players online. Some people on this thread have the opinion that P2W DLC ships make that problem worse. Perhaps read some of those and you might understand their argument even if you don't agree with it. It's like spam yes, cos there's a LOT of it!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Captain Reverse said:

in any game there are similar zones. Stupid conversation.
Guys, I will not respond to your messages if there is no example of the minuses of future DLС, because I do not like spam.

Tell me reverse, if you would use a prince over a requin in a port battle? Mercury?

The requin single handidly took the position away from every 6th rate in RvR. There is no replacement. That's my #1 problem with it.

Not to mention that it is more powerful than any 6th rate right now.

• Like 3

Just now, PaNik said:

Admin, can you put the full list of ports that will be Free-Towns?
And question, what compensation will clans, which have you take ports?

port status won't be affected, former free towns will just connect to counties, current free towns will remain.

4 minutes ago, Hullabaloo said:

The stuff I smoke makes me want to play an open world mmo, I can't do that because there are not enough players online. Some people on this thread have the opinion that P2W DLC ships make that problem worse. Perhaps read some of those and you might understand their argument even if you don't agree with it. It's like spam yes, cos there's a LOT of it!

you're a smart man You should understand that small online is a logical consequence of the fact that the game has been developing for several years and without advertising. + The wipe is nearing what else has decreased online.
as soon as the game is released and the ad is launched. Online will be so much that you can not get out of the port. The question is that this audience needs to be kept. But in my opinion, of course you can disagree with him, things are being done that will keep this online.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, PaNik said:

Admin, can you put the full list of ports that will be Free-Towns?
And question, what compensation will clans, which have you take ports?

I dont think there are any Freetoens being added. I think the OLD freetowns are just being incorporated back into their local counties

1 minute ago, Captain Reverse said:

you're a smart man You should understand that small online is a logical consequence of the fact that the game has been developing for several years and without advertising. + The wipe is nearing what else has decreased online.
as soon as the game is released and the ad is launched. Online will be so much that you can not get out of the port. The question is that this audience needs to be kept. But in my opinion, of course you can disagree with him, things are being done that will keep this online.

Those legendary Chineese legions are going to help NA? NA has used it's users and i highly doubt you will have a visible increase in player numbers. To actually get 1k back again NA would have to go free to play.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Captain Reverse said:

I have this Herc and le requin - u all know. But i dont use this ships - u again know that. Becouse i love win, this ships dont give me win. This ships only for fun or when i lose all my ships. When i wont win - i craft better ships and go win. the same will happen with other DLС ships

This is a very important statement from someone who gets a lot of PVP kills.  He crafts better ships in order to win.  The rare goods (wood/mods) are part of that.  If you can't get them, you are 2nd tier. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

Tell me reverse, if you would use a prince over a requin in a port battle? Mercury?

The requin single handidly took the position away from every 6th rate in RvR. There is no replacement. That's my #1 problem with it.

Not to mention that it is more powerful than any 6th rate right now.

im dont use requin on PB, im always use niagara on prince. u can watch this on my stream. And i win all my last PB. (im only use requin if we dont have players with niagara\prince)

if you want to prove me the opposite, we can agree on a port battle

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

This is a very important statement from someone who gets a lot of PVP kills.  He crafts better ships in order to win.  The rare goods (wood/mods) are part of that.  If you can't get them, you are 2nd tier. 

in 80% situations im use 3\5 ships whith cheap upgrades. U again can look this on my stream. Im stream 90% my game time. U can look all - my craft\upgrades\my resurse\money\tactic\my position. u can look ALL. 

ps After last patch, my Trinco Bermuda\white oak - cheap wood

Edited by Captain Reverse
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, jodgi said:

The nineties are calling and want their monetization scheme back!

EVE reported net earnings right after they went with the open access thing. Nothing is more risky today than to go with subs for an online game.

You may be right, but look out there now and compare it to the nineties and tell me how many games are released now that are F2P P2W cash grabs that only last a year or two as compared to the nineties which had titles like FFXI and WOW which are still running today even with subscription models.

The average young player nowadays is looking for the quick fix before they move on to the next hyped release, but this game appeals to a more mature client base who play the game because they love the genre. This game would never work as a F2P with cash shop as it will never attract the numbers required to make it feasible, the game is too slow to interest many younger players, it will always be a niche game for people who love the genre and for that I am sure you could have a subscription model.

3 minutes ago, Captain Reverse said:

You should understand that small online is a logical consequence of the fact that the game has been developing for several years and without advertising. + The wipe is nearing what else has decreased online

I completely agree. I do think the game will be a success anyway yes. I just want the game to be as good as it can be and DLC ships are already a big advantage and the game will be less good if those ships are over powered even more in terms of performance and that would be a shame. A few DLC ships that are balanced for casual players to mess around in won't be too bad no but imo the Le Req/Herc experience was not a good one and it doesn't sound like it has been learned from. I don't enjoy the Patrol Zones and wouldn't want to see the game go down that route either but I understand that something needed to be done, its not what I would call success but I am fine with them as long as there is an OW MMO to play in too, which I am sure there will be.

• Like 1