Game-Labs Forum

Forthcoming patch info

2 minutes ago, Archaos said:

would you pay a sub to play NA?

Sure, but it won't happen. Oh, if I had to sub and still would have to eco to get ships (like EVE?) I'm not sure I would be able to take the eco abuse.

5 minutes ago, Archaos said:

NA is not the sort of game that lends itself well to PvP on demand

I disagree. I think NA first and foremost lends itself to PvP-on-demand. I view eco as a malicious growth on a beautiful thing ;)

11 minutes ago, Archaos said:

So you play a sub game because its good and you enjoy it, so the question has to be, would you pay a sub to play NA?

You admit that WoT costs much more than NA in terms of DLC but yet it hooks you because of the PvP on demand, but NA is not the sort of game that lends itself well to PvP on demand (NAL was that way) and efforts to introduce PvP on demand by means of the PZ's has been a bit hit and miss, with lots of complaints about the RoE and ganking, and the ones where cheap store bought ships can be used being more popular that the others.

Such events as front line, marathon and referral program allow you to get for free VIII tier premium tanks in WOT.

Edited by qw569
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Koveras said:

Which is why NA legends was such a huge succes.......

Dont be too harsh here. I will defend NA legends.

Just imagine it with decent matchmaking and lobby system. Take out those dumb bots that were always spawning , no matter if you wanted them or not and we might get a good arena game. Bcs w/e devs gave us to test was disapointing at least. 

• Like 3

In my modest opinion, war server needs just a few little tweaks (that should not even imply too much effort in term of new content) to attract at launch - and retain - some more players (namely the ones that are not 100% hardcore pvp)

- more mid tier enemy NPCs in the OS (mainly alone traders and 5th rates) also near starting zones (this because I read that reinforcements zones will be eliminated)

- better payoff for mid/short trade runs (and this seems to have been already addressed by next patch, as far as I am reading, even though it's not clear how high - and, thus, effective - will be the increase in next patch)

- at least one ship per tier (and eventually the sturdiest one) whose permit is sold in the admiralty shop (and then not RNG depending)

- an exchange system between doubloons and combat/conquest marks and rare resources (as it is in peace server, but eventually with higher exchange rates).

4 minutes ago, Sveteran said:

the problem i see it is that it has over 30% more hp then the 4th rate sols, it should be classified as a light 4th rate with more hp then indef and lower hp then the 3 decked 4th rates. Which sol is it it cant outrun? (i understand if you compare a fir fir bellona vs lo wo connie though)

I believe the base speeds of the Connie is actually a bit lower than that of the Bellona even with same woods.  If not, it’s very close and negated with mods. 

22 hours ago, admin said:
  • Former free towns will be added to nearby counties.
    • This will cause the reposition of standard resources in those counties
      • Building wipe will be required

I don't understand what will happen with this part here. I saw in the discussion that La Nav was mentioned and I have a lot of stuff in there. So what will happen to me (brit), my buildings and my clan warehouse at La Nav after the update?

Just now, Zlatkowar said:

I don't understand what will happen with this part here. I saw in the discussion that La Nav was mentioned and I have a lot of stuff in there. So what will happen to me (brit), my buildings and my clan warehouse at La Nav after the update?

Nothing.  It just gets made part of the “county” With the ports around it. 

There we go again with the wipes... ( yes, they are coming, so no novelty nor drama faces needed )

Let me point you the way to the correct format as posted by Game Labs Admin

On 2/26/2019 at 10:54 PM, admin said:

Hello Captains

This is an advance warning on the turbulent 1-2 months ahead of us.

In the next patch we will introduce significant changes to trading, damage model, mission distribution, port importance to clans, and ROE. As we are getting closer and closer to the release candidate the game will require several wipes (acc resets) during this pre-release preparation in areas most affected by the changes.

First wipe will happen next week (from 4th to 8th March) 

(...)

Additional pre-release resets/wipes if needed will be announced in the future in news on Steam and on game forums.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, o7Captain said:

Will be hermione or pandora shallow water ships ?

The Pandora is a light 9-pdr frigate like the Cerberus, Surprise, Renommée that are shallow water ships. So I guess yes.

L'Hermione is a 12-pdr frigate that was not a shallow water ship when in game. So I guess no.

• Like 2

What i fear is that i observe a real split in the population, with pvpers in war server, not interested in econ or crafting, most in clans with multiple alts to feed the needs in rare upgrades & woods (maybe even combat medals) no matter which nations own them. Those of them interested in RvR ends in two nations at most (right now brits or russia, previously danmark or sweden, etc.) 

All the other sort of players have leave (or will soon) the war server for the peace server as the previously described players don't need them, don't help them and are just a nuisance to them.

Instead of reworking the RVR so that each others have to work back hand in hand together, pvpers earning precious ports for the eco guys and thanks to eco guys, enforce safety of trade route etc.. while the others can enjoy economical challenge/competition without being broke all the time as soon as they meet an enemy pvper.

I fear the dlc ship will simply ensure that war server keep his few pvpers pop even if no one is staying to play the econ-craft parts, rendering the war server definitly 95% empty, with zero privatering / contraband / trade / craft / eco gameplay. As there is no solution in view to solve the rvr that should be the number one priority right now to bring back the population on the war server and insure the long term success of the release.

So do your DLC ships, but please solve the RvR, i don't talk about port maintenance & all, really, bring the rvr back to where it was when it was flags or war supply, something frantic and stimulating, spontaneus and federating.

Edited by Baptiste Gallouédec
  • Like 3

DLC ships are a good thing - they make the game easier for those who don't have much time to craft, collect recourses, for casual players and beginners.

Compare with WOW - 20 minutes per battle.

On the other side, it is important that there are no DLC ships in rank 1-3, because otherwise the attraction to develop something better/bigger will lost.

There must be something left to accomplish.

17 minutes ago, Baptiste Gallouédec said:

As there is no solution in view to solve the rvr that should be the number one priority right now to bring back the population on the war server and insure the long term success of the release.

Even with new impulses for RvR it will remain mostly dead unitl release. I can only speak for the situation in GB but at least there most of the active PvP/RvR players (~90% of HAVOC, SNOW, FENIX and other clans) are basically in hibernation unless really important ports are attacked...
People lose their ambitions once they know that their accomplishments will be wiped. Not a statement against wipes. They are neccessary in testing. Just a fact of human nature I guess...

• Like 3

23 hours ago, admin said:

Patch will be deployed this or beginning of next week. 

Preliminary info on important contents.

• Finalization of battle rewards (properly calculated even if you switch ships to avoid players losing marks if they switched to enemy ship and later sank it)
  • Bot fixes
    • Almost all bot routes through land will be fixed
    • NPC hugging will be fixed - bots will always fire if they have a shot. 
    • NPC reload freezes will be fixed
  • Crafting rebalance ( @Coco patch)
    • Crafting levels will be changed (there will be only 7 ranks) and thresholds rebalanced
  • Former free towns will be added to nearby counties.
    • This will cause the reposition of standard resources in those counties
      • Building wipe will be required
  • Additional PVP upgrades for the admiralty.
  • Group missions will return
  • Delivery missions will be adapted to allow players to make some money on short term r
  • Final pre-release DLCs will be added (when valve approves the pages)
    • L'Hermione - french concorde class frigate
    • Rattvisan (Ретвизан) 24lb gun forth rate
    • Pandora might get in as well.

We will try hard to push port management into the build but it is looking unlikely. Port investments allowing expansion of resources will be deployed in the hotfix if this feature does not get in with patch.

Point-for-point response. Since we have to be clear here.

1. Finalization for battle rewards -- Does this also include higher rewards? currently NPC sinking rewards are really low compared to other forms of income

2.Bot Fixes -- good, good, good.

3. Crafting Rebalance -- Meh, it seems interesting how we had crafting this way for 2 years and for 2 years it was the same - that most XP came from t lynx and only now we are changing it. But alright seems fine.

4. Former Freetowns -- I wrongly assumed this meant new freetowns, to which I was happy. Seeing as how i got ahead of myself and this means no new freetowns, but rather former towns now being part of crafting. Eh - whatever. Having to have a building wipe is expected.

5. Additional PvP upgrades in admiralty -- really? It's not already enough that winners win more? I'd much have preferred a look at why players use certain mods and other mods are considered trash.

6. Group Missions -- Thank you, I hope they live up to what they were before taking them away.

7. Delivery Missions -- Sounds good

8. DLC Ships
Hermione - Meh fine, not bad
Rattvi -- Meh, concerning
Pandora -- seems whatever - we knew it was coming

9. Future Port Management -- I eagerly await this, but I am cautious because of how many times things seem to just get mucked up and become irritating.

Overall?

Patch is fine, I guess.

2 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

Finalization for battle rewards -- Does this also include higher rewards? currently NPC sinking rewards are really low compared to other forms of income

PVP rewards still seem quite low.  I got two permits for a Captains chest.  If you sink 10 players, I would have hoped for more.  At least a ship note...

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Routan said:

And if you think of WO as a cheap wood, I do think you are one of the few in this game.

You misunderstood the example. I give you an other one. Given that teak frame and WO planking is the meta and given that teak costs 50k D and WO costs 50k D, witch one is cheaper? Refering to your post your answer would be: They both cost 50k so they are both expensive. That is wrong. E.g. for a 3—4th rate you need about 3000 teak and 300 WO. So to build a meta ship, WO is 10 times cheaper.

1 hour ago, Archaos said:

The problem is you have not created the correct market place for ships, as crafters we cannot put on sale unlimited ships in multiple ports, there is no system where someone can place an order for a ship in a certain port that can be seen by everyone in nation no matter which port they are in. Even if someone had the materials and dock space to craft that ship but they already had all their ship sale slots full it would cost them money to remove a ship from sale. Also the problem with building a ship off spec is that due to the multiple wood choices you may not craft the ship they require, if I am looking for a Teak/White Oak Cerberus I am not going to consider a Live Oak/White Oak one.

Create the marketplace and ship crafting will become a useful profession in the game. But in order to do that you have to open up the availability of crafting permits for the ships that people want so the crafters can make them. Currently you are killing crafting by increasing DLC ships, hiding permits behind RNG PVP activities and restricting the availability of the preferred woods.

Thank you! This so much. Of course DLC ships are the after effect of a somewhat gimped free market, everything from building limits to ships slots prevent the mass production market from forming. The problem being ship market being very barren,to the point where you cannot find ships consistently even in the largest ports. The percieved solution being DLC ships, sort of a defeatist solution if you ask me, or maybe a poor observation of the problem by the developer. Either way welfare ships will definitely not improve the ship market, most likely  DLC ships will continue to undercut crafters, making the game more and more pay-to-play.

• Like 6

On 12/4/2018 at 4:05 AM, admin said:

So if we change rate and keep the stats suddenly it will become ok? Classes are irrelevant after localization as we will change the classes based on the modified late british system

Incase anyone’s interested in what the late British system was...

third rate included all the rest of HM's royal yachts and "all such vessels as may bear the flag of pendant of any Admiral Superintendent or Captain Superintendent of one of HM's Dockyards", and otherwise comprised all ships carrying at most 80 guns but not less than 60 guns

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Archaos said:

The problem is you have not created the correct market place for ships, as crafters we cannot put on sale unlimited ships in multiple ports, there is no system where someone can place an order for a ship in a certain port that can be seen by everyone in nation no matter which port they are in. Even if someone had the materials and dock space to craft that ship but they already had all their ship sale slots full it would cost them money to remove a ship from sale. Also the problem with building a ship off spec is that due to the multiple wood choices you may not craft the ship they require, if I am looking for a Teak/White Oak Cerberus I am not going to consider a Live Oak/White Oak one.

Create the marketplace and ship crafting will become a useful profession in the game. But in order to do that you have to open up the availability of crafting permits for the ships that people want so the crafters can make them. Currently you are killing crafting by increasing DLC ships, hiding permits behind RNG PVP activities and restricting the availability of the preferred woods.

@admin he nailed it.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Sveteran said:

checked https://na-map.netlify.com/ connie has 0.3 kn more, higher acceleration and better upwind sailing profile, bellona also have a bigger square sails which pushes it more backwards when tacking and of course it depends on the skill of the captains on the ships, a teak teak connie can be deadly fast catching most frigates :)

Fair enough... I guess. I guess you’re just luckier than I am. My teak/teak one was  not very good at catching much and wasn’t able to get away from 3 speed-capped Bellonas.  But oh well.  Mods, I guess.  

O7

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Meraun said:

@admin he nailed it.

He has the point if we assume an interesting, deep, amazing hauling game - Euro truck ship sim 3, that EVERYONE wants to participate in.

But our amazing and exciting hauling mini game is getting nerfed.
Clans doing port investments will remove hauling of standard resources for themselves, or their friend list or whole nation (their choice). 

As a result he is mistaken. Because he thinks DLC owners will still play and happily haul.  
Players who do not want to haul chose DLC ships VS chose not to play at all.

• Choosing DLC ships keeps some crafting (need repairs, need guns, need mods). DLC ships also kill ships sometimes (which also require crafting of repairs, mods, and sometimes even ships). 
  • Choosing not to play removes ALL that demand. And removes crafted ship destruction.
    During the last data check on DLC vs normal ships 11000 battles were generated with DLC ships and 3000 DLC ships sank (before the damage model change they had the worst survivability, worser than a brig). Why? Because people love action and losing ships sometimes is part of it.

Higher class ships will further increase the demand for consumables and guns and will sink MORE crafted ships to replace them. And the profession does not change really, as people will still want niagara, surprises, indefatigables and heavy lineships. + more consumables will be needed due to more battles happening.

Now.. what he is offering by "nailing it"? His proposal is to remove 11000 battles and 3000 pvp kills for others. or to not add MORE battles. Because DLC ship buyers will then chose to NOT PLAY at all.  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, admin said:

But hauling is getting nerfed.
Clans doing port investments will remove hauling of standard resources for themselves, or their friend list or whole nation (their choice). 

This sounds like a game for only the big clans.  Can I craft my own ships as a solo player?

• Like 2