Game-Labs Forum

Forthcoming patch info

5 hours ago, admin said:

If crafters are such a powerful force why in KPR players cannot buy a good cerberus? I saw the guy who could not find a crafted cerberus, in the most populated nation. 

Because you have a silly habbit of announcing upcoming wipes FAR too soon in advance and a lot of the crafters have just stopped playing until post wipe. They don't see the point in stock piling resources and money for it to be wiped in a couple of months.

Edited by Neads O'Tune
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Neads O'Tune said:

Because you have a silly habbit of announcing upcoming wipes FAR too soon in advance and a lot of the crafters have just stopped playing until post wipe. They don't see the point in stock piling resources and money for it to be wiped in a couple of months.

Yes. Some players believe that data resets should always be unannounced. But this theory needs testing. Would you volunteer your account for such sudden wipe?

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Hullabaloo said:

I completely agree. I do think the game will be a success anyway yes. I just want the game to be as good as it can be and DLC ships are already a big advantage and the game will be less good if those ships are over powered even more in terms of performance and that would be a shame. A few DLC ships that are balanced for casual players to mess around in won't be too bad no but imo the Le Req/Herc experience was not a good one and it doesn't sound like it has been learned from. I don't enjoy the Patrol Zones and wouldn't want to see the game go down that route either but I understand that something needed to be done, its not what I would call success but I am fine with them as long as there is an OW MMO to play in too, which I am sure there will be.

I will still use niagara instead of rekvin. Surprise instead of Hercules. Trinko instead of Hermione and Pandora. Agu and Bellona instead retzizana. And these ships only in the case of fans or situations where I have no replacement.
By this, I still do not see the downsides from the introduction of these DLS. have already written 20 comments, but no one answered me clearly.

55 minutes ago, Captain Reverse said:

I do not quite understand this negative. Who can explain the minuses of the introduction of these DLC ships? Let me give you the pros, because again, I do not see the minuses.
1) I am an experienced pvp player - I will have more pvp
2) I am not an experienced pvp player - I have free ships. But after I lose them, I want to get a nicer craft craft (trinko, indie, agha, bello)
3) I am a family man, I have a lot of money, but I don’t have time - I buy a ship and get a fan
4) I'm a PVE player - I'm going to borrow PVE. They kill me or gank me and I do not go to delete the game, I take a free ship and cover my losses
5) I am a crafter - I am crafting ships that will fly after having lost the ship's DLC.
6) The success of the Nassau patrol area, in which even with 200 people online, you can find 100 fights - thanks to the DLC of the ship, it is stupid to renounce. But in the zone you can find a lot of craft ships, after people lose DLC.
7) If after the introduction of these DLS in other patrol areas, there will be as many battles and in the open sea there will be more life. I have a question, what have you smoked and do not see these advantages?

Good luck and have fun :D

PS

I have this Herc and le requin - u all know. But i dont use this ships - u again know that. Becouse i love win, this ships dont give me win. This ships only for fun or when i lose all my ships. When i wont win - i craft better ships and go win. the same will happen with other DLС ships

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lovec1990 said:

if DLC ship is balanced against crafted ship there is no point of banning from Port battles

well a full fleet of redemable ships aggainst a fleet of non redemables hurts way more to loose ships in. maybe we will se more of those exploding ships in portbattles, you could always get a new ship for the next pb. no p2w at all.

@admin You NEED to make the new DLC ship available to everyone in game for at least a couple of weeks before releasing for proper testing and balancing. Mistakes were made with the original two DLC ships that must not be repeated again.

I'm sure you can ease people's concerns by telling us you've learnt the lessons from those two ships.

The "Ratatatatatatainavan" needs to be a easy to obtain ALTERNATIVE to crafting the current best ship in the class, NOT the only logical ship to take into battle

• Like 3

Just now, Intrepido said:

I would love an answer.

Will the next DLC work as the Herc and Requin ones?

Yes. Redeemable every x hours

Answering @Anolytic question too. 
There were proposals and discussions to move the DLC ships to permits, but they were dropped because main reason people purchase those ships is to speed up access to pvp/pve without the need for hauling. Port investments will also allow crafters to remove/reduce hauling. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, admin said:

If crafters are such a powerful force why in KPR players cannot buy a good cerberus? I saw the guy who could not find a crafted cerberus, in the most populated nation.

The problem is you have not created the correct market place for ships, as crafters we cannot put on sale unlimited ships in multiple ports, there is no system where someone can place an order for a ship in a certain port that can be seen by everyone in nation no matter which port they are in. Even if someone had the materials and dock space to craft that ship but they already had all their ship sale slots full it would cost them money to remove a ship from sale. Also the problem with building a ship off spec is that due to the multiple wood choices you may not craft the ship they require, if I am looking for a Teak/White Oak Cerberus I am not going to consider a Live Oak/White Oak one.

Create the marketplace and ship crafting will become a useful profession in the game. But in order to do that you have to open up the availability of crafting permits for the ships that people want so the crafters can make them. Currently you are killing crafting by increasing DLC ships, hiding permits behind RNG PVP activities and restricting the availability of the preferred woods.

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Herc is now okay to sail. Feels proper and top a totally over-modelled envelope. 

The point is that it is not the same ship that I bought.  I still like the Herc and sometimes use it as a light raider, but it has lost a lot of it's power.  Whether or not is should have had so much power is another discussion.  Paid for x...now have y. 

15 minutes ago, admin said:

Yes. Some players believe that data resets should always be unannounced. But this theory needs testing. Would you volunteer your account for such sudden wipe?

Double edge one. From other EA products the answer is not clear and half don't mind while the other half goes nuts when they come the next day with full wipes or even specific areas wipes. All in all GL NA team doing nothing different from others.

Just now, admin said:

Yes. Redeemable every x hours

Answering @Anolytic question too. 
There were proposals and discussions to move the DLC ships to permits, but they were dropped because main reason people purchase those ships is to speed up access to pvp/pve without the need for hauling. Port investments will also allow crafters to remove/reduce hauling. 

Basic cutter is to speed up access to pvp/pve without the need for hauling. :D

The development team spends time on crafting,  trading and conquest. But it was enough to put DLC into the game in 2015 (before craft patch) and the game is ready. You just imagine how much you could earn.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Captain Reverse said:

I will still use niagara instead of rekvin. Surprise instead of Hercules. Trinko instead of Hermione and Pandora. Agu and Bellona instead retzizana. And these ships only in the case of fans or situations where I have no replacement.

Yes.  that's as it should be. We agree. I don't believe that was the case before the P30 damage model though. Before, you are in a fast trinco, say a Bermuda/teak. You see a Herc, teak/white all of them, still faster so you can't control range, 32lb carros, turning like a dolphin, hard to hit, 2 broadsides to your 1, 4 bow chasers so you cant disengage...you sink. Maybe you did ok but I am average player and I got smashed by poor players, no chance, they risked nothing, I lose crafted ship. Shit game. Or Nation chat: 'there is Le Requin at KPR' So what? Pointless, can't catch it without another Le Req so just leave him to sink noobs who don't know to sail downwind. Shit game. I just don't want that again is all. Only new damage model saved a bad situation.

14 minutes ago, Neads O'Tune said:

by telling us you've learnt the lessons from those two ships

he hasn't, he's already said 'They were only ever good'

We just have to hope.

cant say Im overjoyed by the news of a  3rd/4th rate ship as a DLC ...however  one of the things that i do think needs revising is where you can redeem your ship .. at the moment you can  redeem your dlc ship at any port you own ... this in effect is goving the dlc owner the equivalent of an extra tow .....dlc ships should only be redeemable in ports where you have  a shipyard 

• Like 9

19 hours ago, Teutonic said:

DLC ships are allowed in Port Battles. I'd love to see a port battle fleet that doesn't use a Requin.

The Swedish Portbattle Fleet that captured Macao didn't use neither a Requin nor a Hercules - no DLC-ship on our side!

Edited by HamBlower
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Archaos said:

tell me how many games are released now that are F2P P2W cash grabs that only last a year or two as compared to the nineties

I have no idea as I never play bad games. I know of three longtime running sub games: WoW, EVE and Aces High, though I've steered well clear of the two first. I've never played any F2P games that are not still running year after year either. Then there's NA which I hold in highest regard over WoT and up there with Aces High (though WoT's pvp-on-demand-all-day-every-day is so alluring I still get tricked into bed).

6 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Out of all the ships in game, thats the one that SHOULD be.  But at the moment, based on the criteria @Hullabaloo laid out, it certainly is not.  

Connie needs a base speed buff, IMO.

I agree with speed buff but her armor HP is alittle too high plus she sits too high in water in my opinion

9 minutes ago, Sveteran said:

the connie is a frigate predator, its a reason the RN didnt engange the USS Connies without number advantage, and its a reason why the USS Frigates stayed away from SoLs

Agreed, but thats not the case in game, currently.  It cant catch most frigates and it cant (and shouldn't) fight SOL's...  In fact, it cant even outrun some SOL's in game.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Quite a good approach. I like it.

I don't.

12 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

Paid for x...now have y.

Just don't forget that many complained about x and are now happy we have y. I have herc and I'm happy it's been taken down a notch.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Agreed, but thats not the case in game, currently.  It cant catch most frigates and it cant (and shouldn't) fight SOL's...  In fact, it cant even outrun some SOL's in game.

Couldn't keep up with a squadron consisting of Bellonas, Bucentaures and Christians. :) Was entertaining seeing them have to go half sail for me to catch up. Separation rate was just beyond ridiculous, but i bet on mods and all other janky stuff.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jodgi said:

I have no idea as I never play bad games. I know of three longtime running sub games: WoW, EVE and Aces High, though I've steered well clear of the two first. I've never played any F2P games that are not still running year after year either. Then there's NA which I hold in highest regard over WoT and up there with Aces High (though WoT's pvp-on-demand-all-day-every-day is so alluring I still get tricked into bed).

So you play a sub game because its good and you enjoy it, so the question has to be, would you pay a sub to play NA?

You admit that WoT costs much more than NA in terms of DLC but yet it hooks you because of the PvP on demand, but NA is not the sort of game that lends itself well to PvP on demand (NAL was that way) and efforts to introduce PvP on demand by means of the PZ's has been a bit hit and miss, with lots of complaints about the RoE and ganking, and the ones where cheap store bought ships can be used being more popular that the others.

1 minute ago, jodgi said:

Just don't forget that many complained about x and are now happy we have y. I have herc and I'm happy it's been taken down a notch.

And many are unhappy.  I'm not disagreeing that it's where it's supposed to be now.  I'm saying that it's not what I bought.  With the new DLCs coming, I'm hoping that they advertise accurately what you will be getting and that it remains at that level throughout.

• Like 1

I've read a lot of comments and most of focus seems to be on the performance of DLC ships or how often they will be used in RvR. Those are valid fears, but tbh none of them is disturbing me too much.  The issue i see with those dlc's is access. You pay to be able to get free ship each day, and it;s main reason is fighting gear fear.

Fear of losing your ship, emptying your stocks and being forced into stocking up period/the grind oh the grind/ is what is responsible for cancer of players behaviour on the OW. The ganking, the underhanded tactics all caused by fear of possibility of loss. 

I've been playing and than spectating NA for a long time and this was single most importent issue he devs had to tackle to create working mmo ow game. But instead of working on this issue they decided to monetize on it. This is why i have issues with DLC ships. Now there is no way devs will even atampt to fix situation that is responsible for dlc sales. We even had admition by admin that ppl buy those ships for access so we will have 4th rate aviable daily to those that wants to pay more. 

I would have no isssue if NA was a free game with added monetization, than i would have no issues that basic product is broken and you are fixing it by dlc's. But we payed for NA , hence i want my basic product that i already payed for enjoyable and working. Without need to buy extra dlc's.

TLDR DLC ships are used as second/third chance ships not as premium pvp ships.

Edited by manuva85
spelling and giggles
  • Like 3