Game-Labs Forum

Development plans update: 1 half of 2019

-No hostility in SOLs and 4th rates in shallow waters.

-No stacking of hostility missions.

-Real protection for newbies

-Much less weight for trading goods

-Winds and currents according to real patterns

-Pirates not a nation, just pirates

-One day, also the Pacific and the Mediterranean

Edited by Archipel
  • Like 6

I think it would be nice to see when the other paints for the Painter DLC are coming...

And... are there any other DLCs in the making?

Could you cover the possibility for bringing the PVP arena back... many many players really enjoyed the arena to practice their 1v1 without risking everything... just a thought. It was a good resource for newer players to feel what combat was like in different situations...like frigate vs line ship or.... even battles.

By the way.... the game looks great and plays well.

Please also include a topic regarding raids and how they will work... this sounds very fun and will bring some constructive play for even the smaller clans.

Thank you for taking the time to produce such a beautiful game.

I look forward to seeing what is coming soon to Naval Action.

Three cheers for the Frigates and their gallant Captains.

Oh... almost forgot... could you incorporate the function to put out lanterns... for those that like to smuggle at night, thanks.

Edited by LIONOFWALES
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Macjimm said:

hop trades were always somewhat of a grind.  But now buying and selling in shops is so simplified it is dull.  Delivery Missions provide easy wealth but take no skill. they would be interesting if skill was required and there was some risk.

I delivered one yesterday and had to dodge three attackers... it was soooo knuckle cracking.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Luc said:

That's not enough. I would like to get the doubloons. For me I play mostly with privateer, alone as pirate. Can't load the missions barrel. Can't play with big ships - too slow

you are getting paid at the port where you are sending the goods to.... not stealing the money that is already on the ship... now if you sink the other players ship.... you get some dabloons for that.... but not for the cargo that was not yet collected on.

9 hours ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

I would like trading to be more profitable, delivery missions seem to have become the staple for money generation.

Would also like to see BR of ports changed drastically, ideally put into the hands of clans, even if it costs reals.

For right now this is true.... this will change when players get established and the map is claimed by the factions... give this a couple more weeks... everyone are babies on the PVP server again. We must have a little time to develop. :)

Every nation be it big or small has areas of single large ships and fleets of those ships  as 1-5 sailing by their areas except.....SWEDEN

It needs to be changed so everyone has a chance. None at all by Sweden.

Look at this please as also no traders there to be found like the other nations have.

Edited by Dragonfire

11 hours ago, admin said:

new update coming soon

please let us know what you want to see in the new roadmap

Rename paints to "Paints package 1"

Release "paints package 2" Wich will be a mixed bag of paints like "paints package 1" this will keep the game interest going if you release new and cool paints every so often...also income!

SHIP NAMES 

I'd like to be able to name my ship. (Even at the risk of 9000 "Black Pearls" sailing around ...SMH

Names would be cool!

• Like 1

On 4/10/2019 at 1:38 AM, AeRoTR said:

A veteran DLC owner will start farming noobs with LRQ, step to Hercules if he wants (he does not need), next comes L'Hermione and finaly Ratvissen. During this time, new players will be still struggling with oak/oak or fir 6th rates and trying to replace lost ships in new economy. Having DLC ready at release is much worse than having 20 rare books knowledge if they ever existed. DLCs are making the total wipe useless for sure.

So whatever good changes are done to the game, this is the bitter truth at the end. It does not seem like a happy ending.

I am using a fir 7th rate... and I have been taking traders brigs with it.... I still think skill is more important than quality.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Koveras said:

- Whaling

- Slavetrading

- Plantations (for cash-crops, req slavelabor)

- Econ overhaul

- All ships as DLCs (since crafting has become click'n'bake I just can't see the fun in it)

The top three will never happen cause of PC reasons.  Though I would love to see AI slave/whaling ships to capture/sink for special rewards (since it was part of privateering).

Just cause crafting isn't fun for you doesn't mean it's not fun for others.

14 hours ago, huliotkd said:

- allow ALT account only in the same nation of main account, all the DLC bought for ALT will considered a donation to game development

- limit the ALT accounts in the same nation only to 4 ALT, all the ALT accoung bought from the 5th will considered a donation to came development

Never going to happen, you got guys like me that have put over 500 in game, what have you paid to support the game?    How is to know the accounts aren't family members etc....HOw about you stop worrying about ALTS and such and just play the game.  Nothing a good clan of players can't do that alts are doing, just got to be more organized and less greedy.

13 hours ago, Wyy said:

Muskets and swivel guns as secondary armament as in wows.

They have a zone mechanic, but never put it in game.

11 hours ago, Galt said:

More flags and the ability to customize the pennants/ signal flags on the top gallants would be great. 

The flags that are 50K doubloons in each port should be part of the DLC.  Some of them are the reason folks got the DCL.  Bettys Ross flag would of been the one I wanted to fly for the US, but it's behind the shop 50K flag not in the DLC.  Yes players should be allow to buy it in game for 50K but it should be part of the DLC too.

Would like to see more paints as promised.

The three voted ships finished and added in game.

Connie and USS US should return  to 4th rates, we don't have enough 4ths but you can always bring in more 3rds.

Where is our money going to for all the DLC sales?  Cause we have not seen new ships, paints or such which the money is meant to go towards.

A DLC trade ship (could be a trade version of the LRQ, but would prefer if that is crafted in game). 

Less ships craftable that permits are locked behind RNG loot crates.   Keep the drops of permits there for free ones, but don't lock the permits behind PvE RNG LOOT.

Actual pirate mechanics that every one has been asking for (less of a nation and more like privateers/pirates).

I like the faction system so there is only 5 groups to fight instead of every one spread out between 11 nations.  Let us try this and see how it works.  It will give small nations a chance.

Real safe zones for new players and casuals around the capital regions so they aren't just farmed by seal clubbers.  Those clubbers should be finding fights with proper players not camping capitals.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Koveras said:

Why should my game time be limited by u? - that was one of the 'reasons' for introducing the le requin and herc as DLCs in the first place so what changed?

Secondly - one could ofc consider making crafting FUN again.. go back to the old system where even players with no shipyard could sell their hours to get a bit of reals and some xp..

Why should the game be all about you?  This is a multi player game, it's meant for groups to work together, not just one person do every thing.  So your not going to get every thing easily handed to  you.

• Like 1

- Trading should become more rewarding, so more peeps will be doing it. Increases PvP aswell.

- Crafting is a made simple,. But now it's way to simple. Should be sort of a challenge. And maby make a guide for it.

- More enemy NPC around ports that are taking. This way PvE and starting players have something to grind.

- New ships are always welcome I suppose. Like more players, wondering what happened to the ships voted for in the poll.

- Ports should have different BR, makes the commanding officers to make battleplans. What ships to take to make the best change to take a port. Increases tactical depth into the game.

All for all, you made one of the best graphical games in the naval area, keep that up.

o7

• Like 2

22 hours ago, admin said:

new update coming soon

please let us know what you want to see in the new roadmap

A few more flags on DLC and also obtainable via Admiralty.

I think the first two would benefit a lot, community wise ( i'm biased for the 1st one ). Third is just special ( and been researching their theme a bit lately ).

- Portugal ( included in GB )

- Texas Navy ( Included in US )

- Cossack Black Sea pirates ( served both Empire of Russia and Commonwealth so not sure ).

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Koveras said:

Actually that's not entirely true.. Econ is a joke, crafting simplistic to say the least and if u read the comment u'd know that the old crafting system actually engaged ppl with eachother compared to the insta 'bake'n'sail' we have atm.. Why should the game be all about what u desire? I don't care about the US or VP crafting their ships if that's what they want, I just ask for an alternative for those of us who's tired of grinding just to craft a ship that we intend to loose anyway - insta redeem is much easier and promotes PvP..

It is actually true though, its a mmo game where you're supposed to interact with more players, if you dont want to craft ships you can always kill epic npc and get ship notes. Allthough i dont craft myself i still believe the old crafting system was better where you had to collect ship parts instead of raw materials

19 minutes ago, Wyy said:

It is actually true though, its a mmo game where you're supposed to interact with more players, if you dont want to craft ships you can always kill epic npc and get ship notes. Allthough i dont craft myself i still believe the old crafting system was better where you had to collect ship parts instead of raw materials

Man you guys are living with nostalgia goggles welded to your face. The old system was needlessly complex. Creating parts to then create ships had no value except far more clicking. Click click click click click x50. 

It might have made sense if you could get parts that would provide bonuses to the completed haul. 

12 minutes ago, Mrgoldstein said:

So many great suggestions, so many ive seen come by so often the last years..nothing has and nothing will be done with it sadly..

For example protection of new players..we where alsmost there and now we are back to square one..

The thing is. Players are protected by the BR changes. If they get ganked then help can come save them within 20 minutes.

8 hours ago, Flinch said:

The thing is. Players are protected by the BR changes. If they get ganked then help can come save them within 20 minutes.

Players are also victimized by the BR.  Having a nice little battle and suddenly some scurvy Pirate joins in and crushes him.

I assure you having to click 50+ times to craft a first rate because "lol its fun to make parts" was not good. It was just annoying I still have ptsd from making ballast 32  at a time when ships needed many hundreds. Oh hey you want to make carriages well you will need mediums and large and oh yea have fun clicking several times for each of the several parts required to make just the carriages. Ship customization like a clan flag or a custom name plate would be far more enjoyable.

Edited by Aster
  • Like 10

3 hours ago, Aster said:

I assure you having to click 50+ times to craft a first rate because "lol its fun to make parts" was not good. It was just annoying I still have ptsd from making ballast 32  at a time when ships needed many hundreds. Oh hey you want to make carriages well you will need mediums and large and oh yea have fun clicking several times for each of the several parts required to make just the carriages. Ship customization like a clan flag or a custom name plate would be far more enjoyable.

Problem seems not to be about crafting carriages, but that you could only craft so few at a time. Should have been fixed with a slider or ability to craft as many as you can you your available LH. Crafting parts still make more sense than grinding dubs.

Edited by Serk
  • Like 2

Dear DEV´s, in addition to my former posts, some things should also be proved:

1. The AI-ship population is, in comparison to the Players population much to low. The Players need a additional source to develop their character and to gain fightable ships

2. You can cross the whole caribic, but you coudn´t find any sealed bottle. The drop points for the wrecks are also to low, and the load isn´t partly not very useful

3. More posibilities for PVP-hunt missions

Thank you

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ferdinand de LaSalle said:

Dear DEV´s, in addition to my former posts, some things should also be proved:

1. The AI-ship population is, in comparison to the Players population much to low. The Players need a additional source to develop their character and to gain fightable ships

2. You can cross the whole caribic, but you coudn´t find any sealed bottle. The drop points for the wrecks are also to low, and the load isn´t partly not very useful

3. More posibilities for PVP-hunt missions

Thank you

There should be more ai ships, and mainly solo ai for solo players to have something to fight.

But I disagree with the bottles, I catch one every few hours, sometimes none for days, but still enough. The probability of finding them is well balanced in my eyes.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ferdinand de LaSalle said:

If you had posted this a year ago it would be on par with the forum/game.

But today it’s not so, NPCs numbers and makeups are at the best they have ever been, in this case Dev’s have listen to players and done a very good job with them too, maybe you need to explore the map alittle! varieties are there, you just have to go and find them.

Though I do wish fleets with mixed ranks would return, just a few here and there, they were fun to do battle with.

Edited by Guest